Link all previous applications you made on the server:
stormii__ | Lore Team Application [Denied (Incomplete)]
Spanish Application - Shihana [Accepted]
JSL Language (Pt.2) [Denied]
JSL Language [Denied]
German Application pt2 [Accepted]
German Application [Denied]

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:

My activity on SchoolRP has been relatively up as of lately, it truly depends on how my mental health is during certain periods. I am active most evenings, but I do take some days off to focus on my family and my education (I am currently taking a gap year, so I should be very active during this time). If I were to describe my activity on a scale of 1-10, I would say I land around a 6 to an 8.... Again, it depends on the day and/or the situation. However! I do intend to be more active in the future, especially if I have a responsibility to uphold!

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:

I have been a loyal member of SchoolRP ever since Furness Academy, though that was when I was much younger and less experienced. Since then, I have taken several breaks and improved my roleplay skills significantly. I have watched SRP grow both as a server and as a community, and as a result, have come to appreciate roleplaying on a new level. I consider myself a very skilled writer which definitely helps me when it comes to roleplaying and development of my characters. I love detail roleplay and often find myself writing detailed actions even for the silliest things! (I have quite literally detail roleplayed cooking french fries....)

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:
My current role is a green tag (8th grade), as I am applying with my alternative account! On my main account (stormii__), I am a college student (bachelor's degree)!

What is the subject you want to teach?:

I would love to teach a Music class, as I haven't seen any of those on SRP thus far! I have a few ideas on how to teach the class, and I think it would be really interesting! I am a Music Education Major OOC, so I already have tons of experience and knowledge on the subject! Alternatively, I think it would be fun to be an English teacher, as that was my OOC second choice for my major! I love writing and teaching English subjects, so I believe that would be fun as well!

banner.jpg
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

I won't lie, my original motivation was to receive the adult role so I could switch over my main character (Suzuka A. Akamine) to an adult account... But! Now that I've seen how professors teach, I've noticed how a lot of students don't usually go to class due to lack of interest... I want to be able to create a class that students are excited for, a class that they look forward to! Becoming a professor also opens up countless opportunities to learn and grow as someone who roleplays! It would be entirely new territory for me and I would love to experience it!

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

1. I would set up a classroom with a stage in the front, a few instruments scattered throughout the room. Being the music teacher, I would pick up one of the instruments and present it to the class, asking the students to name the instrument. If they succeed, I will go on to explain the inner workings of the instrument and how to play it. I would give a demonstration on the instrument by playing a few scales or a simple melody (depending on the instrument). After doing so, I would volunteer a student to hold the instrument and allow them to apply the information I explained to play the instrument themselves. After this segment of the class was done, I will teach the students how to identify scales and notes by listening. I will play the first note of a scale, ask them what that note is, ask them to hum, sing, or play it back to me, and then go on to play the rest of the scale!

1. I would write assignments for the students, questions about music theory and how music works. First, I would give my students a lecture on the basics of music: teaching them the difference between notes, their lengths, bass clef and treble clef, etc., then I would ask them to respond to the questions written down in the assignments I passed out. The questions on the assignment would most likely be as follows: How many counts does a quarter note have? What is the definition of music? Why do you think music is so soothing for some people? etc.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:

I would take my students to the Karakura shrine and teach them the importance of nature and how it connects with music! By listening closely to how the leaves move on the trees and the other ambient noises around them, it would improve their listening skills and give them a deeper understanding of rhythm/music that occurs naturally!

banner.jpg
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

She would approach the jocks, asking them what the situation was and why they were surrounding a bobcat jock. After determining the source of the conflict, she would separate the jocks, and depending on the severity of the situation, she would give the aggressor(s) detention. If they refused to stop after she warned them, she would get between the students (without becoming physical) and pull the bobcat out of the situation. She'd scold the college jocks, telling them to leave the bobcat jock alone and go to class. She'd stay with the bobcat until the college jocks left, and make sure the bobcat student was okay, before returning to her scholarly duties.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?

She would answer the questions the first few times, trying to be friendly, but eventually she would politely ask the student to quiet down. If they continued to interrupt detention, she would gently scold them, informing the student that their continued chatter would result in an extension of their punishment (likely a follow-up detention session).

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?

She would ask them to come to the front of the class, name the songs they were playing, and then ask them to play it on an instrument. This would both be a learning opportunity for them and a punishment, as they likely don't know how to play an instrument well. Either that, or they don't enjoy music much, and would be annoyed by this preventive request (otherwise they would be paying attention to the class).

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?

She would immediately run over to where the fight was taking place and try to intervene. If she was unable to break up the fight, she would shout for another student to find another teacher. After doing so, she would advise students (if any) watching the fight to step back as she handled the situation. If the student could not find another teacher, then she would do her best to separate the two aggressors and put as much distance between them as possible.

banner.jpg
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

My character is named Abeni-Zari Kagwi, she is from Kenya and her race is Kenyan/Indian! She is inspired by Eastern African cultures, though primarily Kenyan in descent. She was born in Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya, on July 16th, 1993. She has a beautiful golden-brown skin tone and her hair is a short, coiled texture that is raven black in color.

The main thing that makes Abeni different is that she’s African in descent! She has all sorts of cultural knowledge and new ways to teach students from a different perspective! She is a very engaged person and tries to keep every lesson as interactive as she possibly can. Abeni-Zari loves students of all ages, as her one true passion (other than music) is teaching!

She will be kind to students who treat her with respect and vice versa, but she can certainly handle a student acting out easily. She is never cruel to students, instead opting for humor/teasing as “punishment” rather than being bossy or rude. She can be strict in some situations, but only because she wants her students to learn in the best way possible. Abeni-Zari is extremely friendly towards other staff members, as long as she has no qualms with any of them.

She can be very sarcastic at times, mostly to give her peers and employers a good chuckle. Abeni’s plan for the future is to spread her knowledge of her culture and music to as many individuals as she can, and to inspire those who have no source of inspiration.

Here is a link to her biography (just textual information for now) for more information!
Abeni-Zari Biography (WIP)

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

As a young child, Abeni-Zari would always participate in the diverse music festivals hosted in Nairobi, harboring a deep adoration for music from a very young age. She was particularly attracted to percussion instruments, as her father was a local celebrity of sorts, being especially talented with his djembe drum.

Because of the rich agriculture in Kenya, Abeni-Zari’s mother was an avid member of the farmers market in town. This allowed Abeni-Zari to grow her knowledge of crops and plants, even going as far as to help her mother with their market stall on occasion.
Abeni and her mother often observed the children in poverty attempting to steal from other stalls; so the two snuck a few supplies from their own stall to give to those in need. As she aged, Abeni grew a strong attachment to the children in her city, often taking time out of her day to teach the ones who weren't fortunate enough to have an education like Abeni.

Abeni's father loved to share his music with the children of their city, often times teaching them how to play their own instruments and how to read and write music. This evoked a sense of pride in Abeni, now wanting to spread her father's legacy of music to other children of the world. She went on to study abroad in America, earning her Master's degree in Instrumental Music Education. Her father's love for music and compassion for the children inspired Abeni to pursue her dreams as an educator and spread the joy that her father's music always gave her.

banner.jpg
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

IN-CHARACTER SECTION
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:

Abeni-Zari Kagwi

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Ms.

Given Name(s):
Abeni, Azzy (nickname),

Preferred Name:
Abeni-Zari (Abeni for short)

Gender & pronouns:
Cisgender, female (she/her)

Religious Denomination:
Namely Buddhist

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Kenyan-Indian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2:

Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

5 years (including student teaching)

Working Experience (# of years):
10 years (taught for the uneducated in Eastern Africa for five years, two years of student teaching, and three years of college professor experience)

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree in Instrumental Education (Bachelor's Degree in Social Work)

Year of Graduation:
2013 (graduated from the Institute of Musical Arts @ Juilliard)

Major(s):
Instrumental Music Education (with a focus on Percussion)

Minors:
Social Work

Native Languages:
Swahili, English

Other Languages:
Japanese, Hindi

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Music/Instrumental Arts

banner.jpg
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Hello, my name is Abeni-Zari. I aim to be a music professor for your lovely school. I was drawn to your particular location because the campus is gorgeous and the overall environment is perfect for students to thrive and grow. I moved here after my studies in the country of America, and I’ve found nothing but beautiful melodies here since I moved. I would be honored to join your ranks as faculty and get to know you all. I have found a home in music, and I want to open my doors to any who will listen. Music is energy and it creates life, it feeds creativity and inspires all sorts of emotions. My number one goal is to spread these ideals to students across the world… And I’d love to start my journey here, in Karakura! Thank you for considering me and I hope that you will accept me with open arms.
Sincerely,
Abeni-Zari Kagwi

Last edited:

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
PENDING
Thank you for taking the time to write this application. I have decided to place this application on pending, if you'd like it to be removed or have any questions please DM me on discord (@muffincats).​

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Accepted!
Congratulations, please make sure you're in the Karakura Academics discord, and ping me in #help (@muffincats) to receive your role. You can request your role in game by making a ticket. If you are not in the discord please make sure to join https://discord.gg/xQBHzyNE4Y

Users who are viewing this thread