Arkkwolf
Notable+

1680576553845.png

OOC SECTION

What is your Minecraft username?:
toriigate

Do you have any previous bans/warnings?: None

What is your time zone?: PST

What is your discord username and discriminator? (e.g. Tippie#6666): Arkkwolf#5260

Link all previous applications you made on the server:

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:
My activity can differ from time to time, however overall I would say I am rather active on SRP. I make it a habit to play 2+ hours each day, however I often spend more time during weekends, up to 6 hours a day. I’ve been a member of the community since early 2020 and do not plan on leaving it anytime soon. For the first year I was a typical "greenie" and had no interaction with the community. I had a small group which I voice acted, we developed our own storylines, etc. It was a wonderful experience, yet being able to now interact fully with tons of different people has been a wonderful experience. I have met many unique people that all share common interests with myself! I've especially enjoying getting into the lore side of SRP which came with my induction into shrine. I've been very blessed so far to have experienced what I have, there's so much that has occurred, so many story lines and situations, it would be impossible to sum it all up shortly. But what I have taken away, from my activity, is that SRP is a very unique community, where creative is allowed to thrive and friendships are born, even from across the world.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
From what I’ve experienced in the last three years on SRP, it has been a very worthwhile and enjoyable way to pass my time. I’ve met many long lasting friends through something I enjoy, writing and creating stories. It's a wonderful place for connection and an outlet for expression. I originally joined Roleplay Hub for “fantasyRP” but came back a few months after to discover SRP. I’ve only recently, in the last year, started becoming involved in different roles. Inspired by several of my friends, currently I am a part of the shrine faction. However I want to experience the different aspects of what SchoolRP has to offer. I have hopped from roleplay server to roleplay server, but Roleplay Hub has stuck. I've done several types of RP since I was rather young, starting out with roblox, but quickly making my way to minecraft as a creative outlet. Being able to see characters I've created physical represent is always a thrilling thing. I am excited to see what the next leg of my journey on roleplay hub has to offer!

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:

[Main] Arkkwolf [College]
[Alt] Eccedensiast [Priest]
[Alt] Orkae [Fox]
[Alt] toriigate [Grade-7][New Account]

What is the subject you want to teach?: Religious Studies

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

One of the major reasons I want to become a professor is to expand upon the character I intend to become a professor. I am very “lore” and character development based. It gives me a lot of enjoyment to see my characters blossom through experiences and have myself roleplay through it. I also would like to experience the school faction itself, as I have not yet, besides being a student, seen that side of SRP. It brings me a lot of joy being able to interact with the player base and further their experience as well as my own. I believe SRP should be a place for people to use their creativity to their heart's content. With that being said, being a professor will allow me to dive in! I also believe that I can contribute to the faction with some open ended ideas and a unique experience. I also hope to meet some wonderful new people and create not just ic but ooc connections and friendships! SRP is a socialization hub for like minded people, I want to experience it fully.

However, the specific reason I want to teach in a RP situation is more than just character development. I intend to do much research and accurately teach real world religions. I am very passionate about learn more about the world and the perspectives of people. Hopes and beliefs are one of the major ways people are inspired and connect to one another. This role would give me a perfect opportunity to learn more about the real world, more than I already know. When I first joined the shrine faction I received a taste of the wonder of IRL beliefs. Each is so complex and so personal to specific people. If I'm able to understand these topics, represent these beliefs accurately, it would be well worth it. I believe SRP is more than just a game, it can teach us a few lessons about ourselves and the unique differences of our community.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

For classes I will be going through units, these units will entail focus on a specific religion. Units will switch out every month, so that players will get a variety of experience. Therefore some classes will be solely lectures and some may be more interactive.

1. Lecture Class [Unit - Shintoism]: This class would be the first in the unit. Introducing students to the topic itself and some of the key ideas and practices. I would begin by asking if anyone knew anything about the religion and if they would share their knowledge. Afterward I would go into the core beliefs of Shintoism, especially the connection between one’s self and the natural world. It's important to instill the basics before diving into the more complicated details. This class would focus mostly on getting the students comfortable with the topic, gauging what they know, and building a positive community. From there other lessons who expand players knowledge. I would also include a short recap of what was learned previously.

2. Interactive Class [Unit - Confucianism]: In this class, students would have an opportunity [via a notebook] to RP out their character learning about the art of inking and calligraphy. In Confucianism, this art is called “danqing” ; it is a very sacred form. It is done with pure ink and silk paper. During the class I would ask each student to collect the materials at the front of the room [ItemRP + notebook]. As they worked on their masterpiece, I would explain the history of the art form and how it relates to the religion as a whole. If there was time at the end, I would allow them to share their artwork with the class. This would give players a more interactive class, that they could tailor to their character, through whatever they choose to RP creating out of ink.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:

If I were to host a field trip the most likely place would be the Shinsei and Seinaru Monastery. My character knows much about what goes on there from her previous time as a maiden. I am currently still in the faction so I can easily request shrine staff for aid in putting this on. During the field trip, I would remind the students to remain respectful of the shrine and its staff at all times. This field trip would take place during their “shintoism” unit of study. Of course religious studies involve multiple religions, therefore it would not fit with another unit. This field trip would give the students an opportunity to get first hand experience in what they’ve been learning about in class. Exploring and more deeply understanding the topics taught with their own hands. It would also be a great socialization opportunity as students would meet experts (shrine staff) in the field of study. Depending, either the shrine staff can teach the students, or I can, by giving them a tour. Overall the field trip would be very interactive and perfectly reflect the nature of the class.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

If Hanae were to stumble upon this sight she would not sit by and allow it to transpire. Although she is a very kind spirited woman, she would use her authority in order to separate the situation. Firstly she would try to deescalate the situation by separating the bobcat from the Spartans, then proceed to understand the situation. However if it was becoming too violent and she could not, she would threaten detention, making sure each party went on their way. Especially that of the spartans, who should be in class. She would also check up on the bobcat, to make sure they were no injured. If it was a case of rivalry gone too far or bullying, she would keep a closer eye on the group to make sure it didn't occur again.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?

Hanae, upon noticing this student's behavior, would calmly approach them and explain to them why their behavior is unnecessary and remind them the reason behind detention. It is better to try to reason with a student and avoid an argument. She would rather try understanding a student, getting down to their level instead of looking above them. However if they continued she would proceed to give them a warning, followed by a mention of, doing work will make the time go by faster. If it got too out of hand and both warnings and reminders did not help. Hanae would resort to SLT or simply let the student, as they would not leave till they finished their work.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and call out other students in the class, what would your character do?

Hanae would first, politely ask them to silence their phones and listen to the lecture. As well as remind them of the expectations of respect and kindness. If they disregarded her, she would resort to warning them. If one received multiple warnings in class, she would write their name on her board, sometimes embarrassment is the best tactic. If they continued she would threaten detention or make them leave the class all together. The other students who want to learn should not be impacted by those who do not.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?

Hanae would of course attempt to reason with the students, but considering she could not break it up, she would have to try a different means. First she would contact other school faculty to make them aware of the situation, that way separating the situation would not become dangerous. However if the situation became too out of hand and more disciplinary actions were needed she would call SLT. After which she would stay around to make sure everything went by smoothly. Above anything else the safety of the students and school faculty is the most important thing, taking this situations with caution is the secret to success.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Hanae is a 5 '8 Japanese female. She carries a sunny composure compiled by a bright smile. She seems to put her full force into what she is doing, with a large passion and love of life. She has green-brown hazel eyes and bouncy ginger and blond curls that frame her freckled face. She overall has a very bubbly and kind personality. Long ago she wore a serious face, but that has changed with time.

Hanae’s outlook on life may be different from the usual Karakuran. She seems to have a hopeful glint in her eyes and often tries to understand the flaws of others instead of simply judging them. Some may call her unrealistic or too happy-go-lucky but Hanae has realized sometimes even in the darkest moments, there's something worth holding onto.

Hanae treasures kids. Highschool and college alike. She sees them as very precious and has an affinity for guiding them. When she worked as a maiden at the Shinsei and Seinaru Monastery she got to experience working with these students. Not just in teaching them what she had to offer, but also in getting to know their personally. She saw each of their struggles and wished she could help them more. Therefore in becoming a professor she not only hopes to teach, but create a lasting connection. As for other faculty members, Hanae also looks forward to making friendships and connections with them. People are what make her happy, she wants to see them thrive. She intends to give her fellow coworkers the same joy she feels in being apart of the school community each day,

Hanae has already experienced a lot despite being young. She has met many people along the way she cherished and learned a lot from. And she has developed many relationships she holds dear to her heart. However, Hanae knows there's still many things she does not know about the world. Things she still has yet to experience and people she has yet to meet. Therefore her goal for the future is to try as many new things as possible. Impact those around her with the positivity they may be lacking. Her goal overall is to be a source of light in the darkening places. Not only for others but for herself also.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.

Schooling and Career

Growing up as a rice farmer, Hanae took on an early appreciation for the natural world, however it would take several bumps in the road to land in the position of desiring a role as a religious studies professor. Originally, Hanae attended Nagasaki University, near her hometown, to pursue her love for understanding people. However after obtaining an entire bachelor in psychology, she realized this was not something she was passionate enough to make a career. Although she wished to help those around here, deep down she knew that her roots were what would lead her. Although she was not entirely sure for a long while where that would take her.

After learning about Shintoism, she knew what she wanted. To become an expert on beliefs, those connected people together, it gave them hope. So she switched to achieve a major in religious studies. Though it was mainly focused on Shintoism, she found interest in several other religions as well. The struggles were fierce, but despite opposition in her academic challenges, she fought tirelessly to succeed. After receiving a bachelor at Nagasaki University, she received education at Osaka, to finish her religious studies major.

During this time she not only went to school full time but also interned at the Sumiyoshi Grand Shrine. She worked closely with experts on the topic and found the variety of beliefs to be fascinating. Once finishing out her major, receiving a certificate in religious studies. She would soon travel for a amount of time before settling down in Karakura. She was stationed as a full time shrine worker, a maiden, for around two years. During this time, she lost passion for the religion itself. It became repetitive and stressful. She chose to step away from her work for the time being. Hanae asked that a close friend of hers fill in for her while she was away. However Hanae never returned.

She dedicated herself to going back to her first university, Nagasaki University, for two years to receive another bachelor, this time in teaching. That was her passion. To experience religion but also to teach of the fascination of belief and instill hope into children and young adults who seemed as lost as she once had. With all this experience she returned to Karakura, with the hope of becoming a religious studies professor. Only time would tell. She had faced troubling time after troubling time. But felt a strong sense of readiness to take on this new chapter in her life. She would make those she held close proud. She would make the kami she served proud. And most importantly she would make herself proud.

Entire Backstory [Early life, teaching career, etc.]

Hanae Tominaga was born on the summer evening of August 6th 1994. In the small village of Shirakawa-go, Japan. A place not many knew of but offered a humble community of rice farmers refuge for their ever expanding lifestyle. She was the daughter of two hardworking rice farmer parents. Her father, Hideaki spent many years laboring, his parents and their parents and many generations of Hanae’s family had held the farm. It was the duty, the honor of the family to have the farm passed onto you. Hanae’s mother, Junri, was much like her father. A hard worker who above all else loved her family dearly. Though Hanae never truly got to know her mother. Junri died in childbirth of Hanae, that summer night of August 6th 1994. This left Hideaki heart broken and to a point bitter for this second child.

The first child was a strappy and serious male named Rōnin. Rōnin was seven years older than that of Hanae and so he saw her as little more than a pest. Despite these setbacks of early life Hanae remained positive in the place she had been given. Deeply respecting the ways of farm life and the nature which allowed them to thrive off of its nutrients. Her father also brought her up on the belief that they were given these gifts because the land had blessed them. They should care for it as it cared for them. And so Hanae did just that. Though she did indeed love their home and the craft of rice farming she felt rather unsure if she wanted to continue the path those of her family had been down before her.

There are many instances where the life she led was challenging. Famine in the area was common if the winters had brought hard soil and shriveled crops. The handwork could amount to nothing if natural change took its course. So Hanae often clasped her hands in prayer, even if not to a specific god for a specific religion. Praying for a blessing of a bountiful harvest. She was thankful for the ground that helped her family and the farm thrive. Thankful for the rain that came to shower their rice and the sun which gave it life to spring up. Even in the hardships she found peace of mind in knowing the world was balanced and the air she was breathing would continue to provide her life. Even with the handwork, she never took for granite that chance for studies. She knew her mother had not had the same opportunities she had. Her mother had also been a rice farmer but her family was far poorer. So with everything she had, as she did with everything she was passionate about, she threw her whole force at school. For she should prove that even a rice farmer could be something great in this world.

When she graduated from the small highschool a town over from her own, she sought studies in psychology. As she had been interested in the human mind and its choices when faced with decisions. She spent three years going through these courses. But yet again she seemed lost. She had no passion for this nor did she wish to return to the rice farmers' way. However something had always stuck with her through her years, the beliefs that had been seeded into her. Of the partnership of mankind and of nature. Of the deep respects for what it gave to those who so wished it. To thrive in places where it was thought impossible. And she searched for something similar, to bring her the spark of passion she lacked. To save her from the lost feeling that had engulfed her life.

Finally she found it. In a Shintoism Shrine that resided on the outskirts of Nagasaki, where she had been studying for college. Hanae entered those gates and in talking with the shrine caretakers, she found a new and humbling faith, Shintoism. It was almost like she had found a new purpose, one she was finally passionate about for the first time. On days she was not busy with college work she would visit the shrine, infatuated with the practices, the simplicity and overall beauty of Shintoism. After about half a year of visiting the shrine she completely changed her bachelor in college for religious studies. Mainly focused on Shintoism. She thanked the Kami’s for showing her the path that she believed she was led to by fate. And now Hanae continues to learn more of what Shintoism has to offer. She found even in such simplicity, the peace and practices are complex in their meanings. Hanae began to travel to different shrines after her studies, learning of all the different aspects of Shintoism and the unique and passionate people who were just like herself.

She settled down in Osaka, Japan, for around four years. Studying to get her major in religious studies full time, along with interning at the Sumiyoshi Grand Shrine. During this time she encountered two people who stuck out to her, that of Hestia Taiyō, another intern and a man Hanae saved from certain death, Yūrei Gushiken. Both would impact her greatly and shape her to be something greater than she was previously. Though she left after finishing her major in religious studies, she never quite lost contact with them.

Hanae grew up in the free air of nature and there she was most at home. At the end of her journey she settled for two years, at the Shinsei and Seinaru Monastery. As a maiden, passionate for her work, but soon becoming consumed. She became obsessed and hardly took time away, losing the main reason as to why she had started the journey in the first place. She adopted two children during this time, created lasting friendships, but they could not hold her up against the world's cruelty. And so, she made the difficult decision to leave Karakura for a time. She visited her home town, her father and brother, who seemed to be more receptive towards her, they were after all adults. She spent a lot of time there getting to know the children of her town. She taught them about Shintoism and the beauty of nature. And she realized how deeply she loved children. To guide them and show them the aweing things that lay in wait. She, after some thought, attended her original college, Nagasaki University. Obtaining a bachelor in teaching, as she had decided despite her love for shrine life, this was the best path for her. Channeling both her love for belief and children, she set out to become a religious studies professor. Much like those mentors from her time in college. Hanae knew she could not simply leave Karakura and those she held dear behind, so she took the knowledge she had gained to the steps of the Karakura College. With her resume and belief in a bright future ahead, she could only wait, to see if she would finally experience what she knew was the final step in her lost and confusing journey.

IN-CHARACTER SECTION

1680574397863.png

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

Fill in your answers on the lines ( _____________ )
To tick an 0 cross it or replace it with an X

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Title: Miss

Legal Name: Hanae Tominaga

Birth Date: 8 / 6 / 1989

Preferred Name: Hanae

Phone Number: (030)-418-6899

X - Male

0 - Female

0 - Other, Namely ___

Religious Domination: Shintoism

Martial Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

2 - APPLICATION DATA

Preferred teaching subject:

1st choice: Religious Studies

2nd choice: Psychology

3rd choice: Creative Writing

List other subjects you are qualified to teach: N/A

List any activities you are willing to supervise; i.e., clubs, groups, drama, etc.:
Clubs/field trips relating to the subject taught. As well as any type of school event.

3 - PREVIOUS EDUCATION

Place of study (School, University, College, etc)
Date From
Date To
Fulltime / Partime
Qualification with Grade, Class / Division
Subject Specialism(s)
Age Range
Nanto Taira High School
8/20/2002
5/15/2007
Fulltime
Highschool Diploma
N/A
13-18
Nagasaki University
10/1/2007
6/16/2009
Fulltime
Bachelor’s Degree
Psychology
18-20
Nagasaki University
10/1/2009
6/16/2013
Fulltime
Bachelor’s Degree
Religious Studies
20-24
Osaka City University
9/4/2013
5/20/2017
Fulltime
Master’s Degree
Religious Studies
24--28
Nagasaki University
10/1/2019
2/10/2023
Parttime
Bachelor’s Degree
Teaching
30-34
EXAMPLE:
Karakura High
EXAMPLE:
2000-08-12
EXAMPLE:
2006-08-12
EXAMPLE:
Fulltime
EXAMPLE:
Highschool Diploma
EXAMPLE:
N/A
EXAMPLE:
12 - 18

4 - PROFESSIONAL CAREER - PRESENT SCHOOL (or another place of work, leave empty if not applicable)

Name of School: ___________________ School Type: _____________ Ages: ____________
Address of School: __________________
Date of Appointment: __ / __ / __
Post subjects taught and special responsibilities in the present post (where appropriate):
_______________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Reason for leaving:

5 - PREVIOUS TEACHING EXPERIENCE (leave empty if not applicable)

Post ( Name and type of school): ___________________
Date from: __ / __ / __ Date to: __ / __ / __
Ages Taught: ________
Fulltime or Partime : 0 - Fulltime
0 - Partime
Subjects Taught & Responsibilities:

Reason for leaving:

0 - Partime

Reason for leaving:

0 - Partime

Reason for leaving:

0 - Partime

Reason for leaving:

0 - Partime

Reason for leaving:

6 - QUALIFICATIONS

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Minor Degree in Psychology
Obtained on: 6 / 16 / 2009
Institution where obtained: Nagasaki University

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Minor Degree in Religious Studies
Obtained on: 6 / 16 / 2013

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Major/Certification in Religious Studies
Obtained on: 5 / 20 / 2017
Institution where obtained: Osaka City University

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Minor Degree in Teaching
Obtained on: 2 / 10 / 2023

7 - CLOSING

Any extra notes about you or your application (if applicable):

Signature:

Hanae Tominaga | Date: 4 / 3 / 2023

Last edited:

Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the professor faction! You have already received your roles in the Karakura Academics discord server!​

Users who are viewing this thread