N/A

Do you have any previous bans?:

No, I do not have any previous bans.

What Country are you from?

I am from the United States.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):

BLOOPY#4374

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted and fully understand that I need to be present and involved in order to do my job correctly.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:

I joined SRP in late July of 2020 and spend around 7+ hours daily, but this varies depending on my other engagements. Aside from interacting with others on SRP, I also make an effort to create relationships with the different subgroups in the community. As I mentioned earlier, the hours I spend on SRP vary depending on prior arrangements I may have, but I still manage to be active for a good amount of time, usually from 7:00 am (EST) to 11:00 am (EST), and 3:00 pm (EST) to 8:00 pm (EST). My activity in general on SRP is fairly consistent, with the exception of certain days a week where I may not be available as often.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

x3 Role/Rank Requests Include:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/age-not-working.31177/ - DENIED

https://schoolrp.net/threads/age-not-working.31326/ - ACCEPTED

https://schoolrp.net/threads/role-request.34559/ - DENIED

x4 Language Applications Include:

French Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.33019/ - ACCEPTED

Greek Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.33022/ - DENIED

Greek Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.33027/ - ACCEPTED

Korean Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-to-switch-greek-with-korean.34880/ - ACCEPTED

x1 College Applications Include:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application.33029/ - ACCEPTED

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle but in the process gains from more light that the next candle is able to shine in the room. Teaching in my humble opinion is similar. All of us will leave earth someday but what will probably remain is your teachings and acts which make people feel special and valued. Teaching is one of the few things on earth which increases as you give and it benefits both the receiver and the giver in equal measure. I have always cherished Farmers, Soldiers, Doctors, and Teachers as the 4 Noble professions on earth.

Farmers create food and therefore enable / nurture life.

Soldiers protect life.

Doctors save lives.

A good Teacher shows the right path and hence makes life worthy/meaningful.

A professor teaches and creates novel concepts, knowledge, and competencies through his/her own research. They likewise extend their expertise through community outreach activities and through consulting services. Given the aforesaid worthwhile purposes of being a professor, who would not want to be a professor? Personally, while I did want to be a professor because of the roles I mentioned, I did it mainly for the psychic reward that indeed I was able to extend some of my acquired thoughts and insights for the growth of the learner.

Being a professor is one of the greatest jobs in the world. You get to do what you believe is right, rather than what people ask or want. You think people will need an arch? Everybody declares you insane because it hasn't rained in years? You get to build it anyway. If there's no flood - good for everyone. If there is a flood - good for everyone that you prepared. You train the minds of tomorrow and shape the ideas of the day after tomorrow. You teach how things are done, but also how they should be done. You learn while teaching. You learn from the minds of tomorrow the ideas of the day after tomorrow. The thrill of pursuit of knowledge, of putting yourself out there - ideas laid bare and vulnerable - to defend them, replace them, combine them, in a never-ending battle between truth and falsehood, good writing and bad, theory and practice.

You help people through the worst days in the best years of their lives. People respect you not because you have a bigger salary, but because they know they can rely on you to solve their problems. You get to see people succeed long after they give up for the hundredth time - and they succeed not in spite of you, but because of you. When I first walked onto a university campus as a high school kid, I was struck by what an amazing place it was. Within perhaps a half-mile of where I was standing were experts in every field of human endeavor. If I wanted to know something, there was someone who would be excited to help me understand it. I want to inspire this same feeling of awe in my students and hopefully help them realize how much potential they have.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

I’ve been a roleplayer since my late Middle School years. It has been an on and off kind of deal. It started with a group of us, using muses that we hadn’t actually fleshed out or thought of. We threw stuff on the wall and called it a day. It was pretty simple in that regard. Later on, after a lot of maturing, I started understanding that roleplaying meant taking on a character and acting them out through writing. So I started to do serious roleplaying in high school. In some ways, roleplaying helped get my mind off of a lot of things. It also helped expand my vocabulary, plot, write scenery and really explore the depths of a character. Essentially, how they would personally react in a given situation.

I strongly associate roleplaying as a meaningful aspect of my life because it tapped something that I always valued and enjoyed using—my imagination. It’s also why I write (what I can and when I can)—and it enabled me to use something I feel is essential to any roleplayer---Creativity. I’ve heard people say that creativity is like a muscle; you have to keep using it constantly to keep it toned and strong. Playing RPGs has had a big impact on my creativity over the past years, as I’ve found myself always thinking of new ways to approach situations from a different, creative angle. Trying to stretch my imagination to come up with new and unique approaches to standard fantasy races has had an impact on me also trying to apply this kind of thinking to other areas of my life. I also recently got into SchoolRP, in July of 2020, and have had a few experiences with DetailRP, and almost some experiences with GangRP.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

Classroom logs are a system of documentation to track the activity a professor has done, specifically the number of classes they have taught, and help determine whether or not the teacher will get their end of month paycheck.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

RULES FOR TEACHERS
  1. Act in your students' best interest: Always do what you believe is best for your students because as are your number one priority. Whenever making a decision, ask yourself, "How does this benefit my students?" If you can't come up with an answer, reconsider your choice.
  2. Build important relationships: Focus on establishing meaningful relationships with everyone you encounter. Building strong relationships with your students, peers, administrators, and parents will ultimately make your job easier.
  3. Be explicit about rules and expectations: Clearly establish rules, expectations, and procedures on the first day of school, then discuss and reference them often. Students cannot be expected to be held accountable for their actions if they do not know how they should behave. Be firm, fair, and consistent for a classroom that runs more smoothly.
  4. Be fair and consistent: Your students watch for this and are quick to notice disparities. Do not undermine your own authority and the relationships you have worked hard to build by playing favorites or showing prejudice.
  5. Be prepared: Take a cue from the boy scouts and always be prepared! Preparation will not guarantee success but lack of preparation makes it much less likely. Put in the time to engage your students, craft effective lessons, and provide useful feedback.
  6. Learn every day: Teaching is a journey that will provide you with many opportunities to learn but you have to be open and willing to take them. You should strive to improve your teaching each and every day, even when you've been in the classroom for years.
  7. Leave your problems at the door: Never bring your personal problems or issues into the classroom—leave them at home. Your students should never know when something in your personal life is bothering you.
  8. Protect your students: Protect your students at all costs. It is your job to ensure that your students are safe and secure at all times. Practice safety procedures frequently in class and never allow students to engage in reckless behavior. Discuss safe behavior outside of school too.
  9. Get along with administration: Respect the decisions of administrators and understand that they have many responsibilities. Teachers that have great working relationships with their administrators enjoy a more relaxed and supportive work environment.
  10. Get to know your students: Take the time to find out what your students like to do and incorporate their interests into your lessons. Establish a rapport and connection with them not only to engage them in class but also to show that you care about them beyond their performance in school.
  11. Listen: Always be willing to listen to others, especially your students. Use their feedback to improve your practice. Responsive teachers take the time to learn from what others have to say because they know that they are not perfect.
  12. Assume responsibility for mistakes: Own your faults and correct your mistakes—teachers are not expected to know everything. Set a positive example for your students by calling attention to your errors and showing them that mistakes help you learn.
  13. Seek advice from other teachers: Fellow teachers can be one of your greatest resources. Take advantage of the experiences that others have had by working cooperatively, sharing stories and materials whenever you can. You are not alone!
  14. Be flexible: Be willing to adapt and change. There is always going to be something new to try and things to improve. Some of the best moments in teaching are born out of spontaneity—embrace change rather than resist it.
  15. Be encouraging: Be your students’ biggest cheerleader. Never tell them that they cannot do anything. Help them accomplish their goals by familiarizing yourself with their specific needs and setting them on the path to success, nudging them gently back in the right direction if they need it.
  16. Never embarrass your students: Never put down a student, especially not in front of their peers. If you need to discipline or correct a student, do so privately and thoughtfully. Your goal is to teach and guide them when they slip up, not make them feel guilty or bad.
  17. Be involved in the lives of your students: Go the extra mile when you can. The best teachers go out of their way to attend student events such as sports and concerts to show their support. These small actions mean a lot to your students.
  18. Provide meaningful and frequent feedback: Try not to fall behind in grading and recording and don't take shortcuts. When this task feels overwhelming, remind yourself that timely constructive feedback is worth the effort in the long run because students learn most when you check in with them about their performance.
  19. Stay up-to-date: Always be aware of and adhere to local policies and procedures. If you are not sure about something, it is better to ask than make assumptions and mistakes. You must know and follow the rules of teaching just as you expect your students to know and follow yours.
RULES FOR STUDENTS

1. Take responsibility for your education. Instructors are here to create a learning environment. Whether you learn depends on your willingness to listen, ask appropriate questions,and do the work necessary to pass the course. College courses are rigorous and demanding; you may have to work harder and seek more help in order to succeed.
  2. Attend every class. You will find that students who attend every class, listen to the instructor and take good notes will be more likely to pass (with a higher grade). If you have an emergency or illness, contact your instructor ahead of time to let her or him know that you will be absent. A local study showed that students who missed the first class meeting were more likely later to withdraw or fail. Important note: If you miss a class, it is your responsibility to meet with the instructor, outside of regular class time, to determine a plan to make up the missed work.
  3. Get to class on time. Students who walk into the classroom late distract other students in the learning environment. Check the course syllabus for the professor's attendance policy.
  4. Do not have private conversations. The noise is distracting to other students.
  5. Turn mobile phones off. It is very distracting to hear someone's mobile phone go off in class.
  6. Do not dominate other students' opportunity to learn by asking too many questions. It is good to ask questions and make comments, but if you dominate the class time with too many questions and/or comments, the instructor and other students cannot participate in class discussions. When asking questions and making comments, keep them related to the discussion at hand.
  7. Respect your instructor. Openly challenging the instructor's knowledge or authority in the classroom is not appropriate. If you take issue with the instructor's information or instructional methods, make sure that your comments are made without confrontation or antagonism. You may want to discuss your issues with her or him privately.
  8. Your classmates deserve your respect and support. Others may have ideas and opinions that differ from yours, or they may struggle to understand information as quickly as their peers. But they deserve the same level of respect from you as you wish to receive from them.
  9. Come to class prepared. Students who forget common classroom supplies (such as a pencil, paper, books, test materials, etc.) usually waste class time. Students who have not completed their assigned homework many times ask questions that could have been answered through their assignments.
  10. Turn in your work on time. It is important to plan ahead. Students who wait until the last minute to do their work usually make lower grades and are more likely to miss deadlines. Study and do your assignments every day. Doing so ensures that if a problem occurs at the last minute, such as a computer malfunction, you will still be prepared.
Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

I have been roleplaying for quite a couple of years, with the first few being more on and off as I mentioned earlier. When it comes to SchoolRP, I joined around July of 2020, and have been quite active ever since. I do have experience from other servers with DetailRP, and was almost coerced by others to take part in GangRP. Overall, I’d say I’m fairly experienced with using my creativity to roleplay, and continue to be an active member on SchoolRP.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete? What is a College-Professor's salary?

College Professors have a responsibility to ensure their students are learning to the best of their abilities, which can be achieved if they are prepared and have well-formed lesson plans. These lessons, and truly anything the College Professor does, should not disrupt the class or cause any commotion. Keeping a positive atmosphere in the classroom is essential in order for both students and teachers to grow. Teachers should also make sure to log their classes so that they can get their paycheck of 300k for every 15 classes, and another 50k if the Professor hosts additional classes.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Yoon Yves, also known as ‘Santi’, is a 29-year-old French Korean male standing at a height of 6’3. Yves has dark brown hair that frames his defined face. You would often see Yves sporting a crewneck sweater styled over a white tee with a black coat. He would also be seen wearing blue washed out jeans with brown loafers.Yves has a naturally stoic personality but is extremely passionate about what he does. He is ambitious and driven, and always seeks opportunities to improve himself. While Yves can be friendly to those he is close to and to his students, he knows when to be stern. Yves is naturally conversational and is always looking to make people feel at home, so he strives to have more meaningful relationships with his students. This means Yves wants to be a positive influence for his students in all aspects of their lives. When it comes to Yves' attitude towards fellow professors, he always makes sure to maintain a certain level of respect with everyone and acknowledge if he, or anyone around him, has made a mistake. While Yves may seem like an overly serious person at first glance, he loves to create a light-hearted atmosphere around both co=workers and students to help relieve the stress everyone may be feeling. Yves wanted to become a professor so that he could be the role model he never had a chance of having when he was younger, and so that he can make good use of his knowledge by sharing it with future leaders. Yves wishes to make the most of his time as a professor and continue to grow and take advantage of new opportunities.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

Before this situation even occurs, I would set strict standards so that students know that their actions have consequences. I would make it known that there is a zero-tolerance policy for disruptive behavior, and would calmly tell them to refrain from any screaming or shouting. If these sport-team members continue to display this type of behavior and do not heed my warnings, I would give them detention, inform their sport’s captain of their inappropriate behavior as well as other professors, and document the incident to give to the college dean or vice-principal.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

Of course, even when you take steps to prevent disruptive behavior you can never guarantee a disruption-free class. Generally, it is as well to give any sort of disruptive student the minimum attention necessary because time focused on disruptive behavior is time that is not being spent on facilitating learning. Also, there is a danger of drawing other students into the situation who will then escalate the disruption. The golden rule of dealing with disruptive behavior is never to do anything that will make the situation worse.

Students holding side conversations or using mobile phones can be quite off-putting for myself and for my students. A direct approach of "Please don't use your mobile phone" can often be the most effective. I’d consider starting the class with something like "Please switch all phones off, we're about to start." This not only sets the ground rules but also clearly indicates that the session has begun. It's not a good idea to embarrass students who are talking or assume that their conversation isn't related to what is being discussed in class. I would also make sure to focus on the distraction rather than on the student and would not take the disruption personally. Students are often unaware that they are being disruptive. I would remain positive and give students the benefit of the doubt. By remaining objective and not taking the situation personally, I can respond in a calm manner. It is a good idea to take control of the situation before me, or the student, become impatient, upset or irritated. It will allow me to be much more authoritative if I am perceived to be dealing with the distraction in a composed manner. If the nature of the disruption requires me to have a lengthy discussion with the student, then I’d arrange to meet after class. However, it is best to address disruptive behaviors quickly and immediately as they arise.

I would avoid an argument at any cost. It is far better to say "I'd like to continue with the class" or "It is important that you concentrate for the next few minutes'' than "Don't talk when I'm talking." I would really listen to what a disruptive student is saying. I’d put myself in their shoes and try to understand what is lying behind the disruption. In difficult situations like these, I also feel it is important to avoid threatening students with actions I am not prepared to carry out, as words without weight will not help the situation. It is important to remember that no two classes are alike. Each class has its own personality and how I deal with disruptive behavior may differ between classes. I feel it’s helpful to know all of my students' names because students are less likely to be disruptive if they know that you know them. Essentially my goal would be to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and invite my students to contact me with concerns and questions, as both these actions can prevent many problems from ng during class time. If all of this fails, I will ultimately be forced to ask the student to leave the classroom and give them detention, reporting their misbehavior to other professors as well as the dean if necessary.

Extra: This would be an idea to keep overall disruption down: Secret Agent

I would tell the class at the start of the lesson that I am going to secretly pick one student at random to be the Secret Agent. Important: none of the students must know the identity of the Secret Agent. Then I would tell the class that as long as this student has a good lesson, the ENTIRE class will receive a reward. This will, hopefully, encourage students to not be disruptive and to be mindful of their peers.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me he’d look up from his desk upon hearing the sounds of the first bunch of students rushing into the classroom and greet them with a warm “Good Morning!” He’d slide his chair back swiftly as to stand up and would turn to the board behind him to write his name: “You can all call me Mr. Yoon,” he’d say with a confident smile.

/me he’d walk back from the lunch break prepared to continue teaching the young hopefuls, with the aroma of freshly baked cinnamon and nutmeg pastries wafting through the air that followed him. He’d reach the classroom door, lightly brush off his vest---making sure to remove any lingering crumbs---and walk to his desk where his red binder with the student’s assignments was.

/me He'd let out a cryptic sigh, stretching in his chair while running his fingers through his dark brown hair. He'd get up and walk down the aisles looking at each student's work, the clacking of his dress shoes echoing through the classroom.

/me He’d momentarily wear a glare on his face with furrowed brows, but just as quickly he’d hide his feelings of disappointment. He’d put his left hand in his pocket as he nonchalantly walked over to the door calmly opening it with his right hand, signaling to the student who was disrupting the class to exit the classroom.

/me Having a flair for the dramatic, he’d tell the student picking his nose to stand up, only to---just as fast---tell him to sit back down so that he could make the class a mind-blowing offer: He’d offer a sinful waffle, crispy, sweet and oh so fluffy---folded over to make a melted Belgian chocolate sandwich---to whoever could answer his question: “What is culture?”

Backstory

*********************************d/1JiBDxFhIpJRBHlkUe02_Jhhl7q7RP1aLwlcJog2M85k/edit?usp=sharing

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:

Yoon Yves/Yves Le Beau

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr.

Given Name(s):

“Santi” - an endearing name given to Yves by his late mother which means “to feel”

Preferred Name:

Santi

Male

Religious Denomination:

N/A

Marital Status:

Single

Nationality:

French-Korean

Current Location:

Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

5 years of teaching experience.

Working Experience (# of years):

9 years of working experience.

Academic Degree:

Ph. D. in Sociology.

Major(s):

Sociology

Minors:

Psychology, Criminology

Native Languages:

Korean

Other Languages:

French, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

N/A

Preferred Teaching Subject:

Sociology

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

N/A

Do you have any questions?:

No, I do not have any questions, and thank you for taking the time to read my application!

Alcidies

Level 133
Alcidies
Alcidies
Rich
ACCEPTED

Congratulations you have been accepted!
DM Alcidies#6666 for further information

Note; Wonderful Application!

Users who are viewing this thread