RexLobo

Level 99
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
QuitUniversity’s BMD Application
Credits to F1F4 for help with the banners!

1681956723501.png
OOC INFORMATION:
IGN:

(Alt/Applicant) QuitUniversity

(Main) RexLobo
(Alt) JayyLobo
(Alt) ItsRexs
(Alt) Loboken

Previous bans/warns/kicks:
I have two prior bans, though the latest one is well over a year ago now.
The first was all the way in 2018, when I first joined the server. It was an ERP ban, which I completely understand under the circumstances under the ban. I was young and immature, which is further shown when I tried to avoid the ban by logging onto another account to continue roleplaying. That led to me being banned for bypassing. As I said, I understand the reasoning behind the ban. I do count these as one, since they happened so close together.

The second ban was in February of last year, where I was again banned for bypassing. This was after I returned to the server and had already been playing for a while, I wanted to use an alt for another character. This led to me being permanently banned, as I logged onto the account that was previously banned. I appealed and was unbanned in March.

There are also other warnings that I cannot remember, though were for smaller issues. I take full responsibility for those, as I should have known better. I have learned from all of my mistakes.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am an extremely active member on the server, spending numerous hours daily on the server. My activity is spread between my multiple accounts, where I roleplay on each for a specific purpose. I have been a part of the community since early 2022 and have tried to make myself present all around the server. My activity has only increased the more I have been playing the server, where I have developed multiple characters of mine and joined various factions. When I’m not online, I am still active on discord as well as the forums.

Specify your Discord username (USER#0000) and if you have a microphone:
My discord is Rexypoo#3334 and I do have a Microphone

Specify your country of origin and time zone:
My country of origin is the United States and my time zone is EST

What are your motivations in applying for the black market dealer role?:
My motivation for applying for the black market dealer role is to be more involved in the crime faction. I have been a part of gang roleplay since my early SRP career, and I have loved every bit of the faction. I have made many strong relationships with the people I have interacted with because of the community. I have been a part of numerous factions, them being crime as stated earlier, the reporter faction, the school faction as both an employee and professor, as well as the shrine faction. Each of these factions have a different style of roleplay, and I enjoyed each while I was in them. There are people I am close with due to joining these, and I want to continue to meet others as I have before.

I want to be able to help bring the crime faction back to a healthy state. I have heard stories about gangrp in the past from my friends and have heard the complaints about the community as of now. I wish to work alongside the faction to bring more people to it in a healthy way, as well as to bring out more ideas for the gangrp community, whether it is by directly interacting with members of the faction, or by indirectly inspiring them. I have seen in roleplay the BMDs serving as a neutral third party in a gang war, and since then I’ve been curious about the position. Their influence in the faction has then been a driving force to apply.

What helps you to stand out from other applicants & what can you uniquely provide to the team?:
What helps me stand out from other applicants is my dedication to the server and the skills I possess. To begin, I have acquired a lot of playtime on the server, which is spread throughout all of my accounts. As stated in my activity portion, I spend many hours a day on the server, more so than I would like to admit. However, this proves my devotion to the server, and if given the opportunity, I will be able to open for people from many different time zones, who may miss openings due to opening times.

As for the skills, I will list the ones that will help with this position.

Patience - A straightforward skill, patience is a virtue, especially in the GangRP community. I am able to wait however needed to resolve a situation.

Quick Thinking - Another straightforward and self-explanatory skill, I can quickly think of whatever is needed in the moment. I can keep a level head and come up with a solution for issues that arise.

Listening/Observation - A skill that I possess that has helped me a lot OOCly, as well as ICly. I can observe a situation and listen to whatever is going on, whether it is in a VC, in game, or some other medium. This works alongside many of the other skills, where it helps me think quickly, work harder, as well as take responsibility.

Responsibility - I take on anything I am tasked with and will complete it as effectively as I possibly can. I am able to take the blame for anything I do wrong and will do my best to correct it.

Hardworking - I have a strong desire to show off what I can do, and work as hard as possible to make my effort known. Adding onto the responsibility aspect, I will work as hard to complete any task given to me promptly.

Availability - Also stated earlier in the application, I am extremely active. I am available for most of the week, as I have a flexible schedule for the most part. I am always accessible over Discord and can help on the server if needed.

Along with what was stated above, what I can bring to the team is an amazing writer, who can help come up with anything needed in the moment, from drafting documents to assisting with official lore (if accepted). I can uniquely provide pros and cons to any idea, as well as give my own creative ideas.

What previous experience do you have in working with a team?:
I have plenty of experience with teamwork, them being both IC and OOC. I will just highlight the OOC ones, but go into depth on the IC groups since they are easier to verify.

The OOC experiences are my sports, academic, and work lives. For sports, I was the captain of my school’s varsity tennis team my senior year and had been a part of the team for all four years of highschool, as well as me being a member of the varsity bowling team in highschool. Academically, there were plenty of group assignments that I took the lead over. For work, I have to work alongside many others, where I take both a leader role at times, but mostly as a follower, doing as I am tasked.

The SRP related experiences would include factions, gangs, and lore team. The factions I have been a part of were listed earlier, but to restate are Reporter, Employee, Shrine, and Professor. The school factions collectively all work together to make one very large faction. These factions had me work together to ensure a safe environment for the student and are overall very interactive as factions. Meanwhile, the shrine faction is a very close and tight-knit community, where all of the members know one another and are fairly close with one another. On the other hand, the reporter faction was a faction that had its members work individually for the most part. However, they were still required to communicate with one another to make sure there were no overlapping reports, as well as giving out ideas to others or surrendering reports when we couldn’t finish them.

For my gangrp experiences, I was a part of three gangs, them being Kaku-Kai, Adobansu, and now Sonomi. Kaku-Kai was my first introduction to gang roleplay, which during my time was predominantly involved in the Kaku-Kai v. Bonten War. I learned a lot about the workings of crime and gang roleplay. I was given a lot of advice from other members and an overall learning experience. My second gang was Adobansu, where I was a part of the gang’s higher-ups. This position had me read over applications, moderate chats, and calls, and maintain a safe space for members. On the ICly side, I managed a specialized division of the gang, helped plan events, and hosted training for the members. My most recent and current gang is Sonomi, which is a new unverified gang. I along with the lead spent much time and care in the server and ensure our members are all friendly with one another and with the community. I am the one that manages most aspects of the server, help check applications, and do most of the background workings of the discord. I also spend a lot of time helping my members resolve situations that need staff assistance. There are a few times that I can list when I had to stay up late to assist them, due to the high tension and stress given from the situations. On the ICly side, I make sure the members are not getting in trouble, helping them train, as well as making sure the members do not clash with one another.

The last team experience I will share is my time with the lore team. I have been a part of the community team since late October. During this time, I have gotten closer to most of the team members and have helped them whenever they requested it. I also have worked alongside a few of them with lore writing that is being worked on.

What suggestions do you have to help better the crime faction?:
One suggestion I have to help better the crime faction is to make gaining verification for a gang more widely available, but at the same time, more difficult to maintain.

The first aspect of this suggestion is the ways to gain verification.​
  • Firstly, the return of unverified turfs. Around the map, there should be certain areas that gangs could fight over to gain verification. By taking control of a turf for an OOC week against another gang, they can start the process of gaining verification.​
  • Secondly involves reputation. At least currently, it seems as though gangs have to be open and known to become verified, but I believe that gangs shouldn’t need to be widespread in order to rise.​
    • This would inspire new types of underground organizations that focus on staying secretive and working in the shadows. As long as these groups make contact with the black market enough to become prominent, then I believe they should have a shot​
  • More emphasis on player-ran events. There are many cases where events for gangs need staff assistance, but I believe that player ran events more effectively show what the gang is capable of. A channel to show off these events will go further in proving a gang’s worth at becoming verified.​

The second aspect of this suggestion is to keep gangs active upon gaining verification​
  • Firstly, gangs must host an event, whether server-wide or flash event every few months. This is to ensure they remain active and planning for the future.​
  • Second, verified gangs should be compelled to participate with unverified gangs if enough IC motive is given. A verified gang that avoids conflicts with rivals should have its verification status questioned.​
    • This and the previous ideas are to ensure the gangs don’t go quiet after gaining their status.​
  • Third, if the verified roster meets or exceeds 4, there should be a high level of competition between the current gangs. At this point, the gangs should be given a motive to rid of another.​
  • An example motive could be from BMD, stating that there is a shortage of verified weapons. This would incentivize the gangs to remove one or more of the others to lower the demand.​
    • This would keep gangrp interesting, as these gangs would not want to co-exist.​

Are you familiar with all rules pertaining to weapon profiles, combat, permissions, and player conduct on the server?:
Yes, I am familiar with these rules.
Are you familiar with that if you leave the black market at any point, the black market lead will have permanent kill permissions on your character?:
Yes, I am familiar with the fact that the Black Market Lead will have permanent KPS on my character if I leave the black market.
Are you familiar with that if your character(s) is/are killed or permanently arrested twice, you will be removed from the black market?:
Yes, I am familiar with the fact that I will be removed from the black market if I am killed or arrested twice.
Are you familiar with that you cannot reveal any out-of-character plans or potential addition to the black market to others?:
Yes, I understand I can not reveal any plans or additions to the black market.

1681956723579.png

IC INFORMATION:
Full Legal Name:

Ayako Hikari
Criminal Alias:
Taijitu
Age & Occupation:
Gender & Marital Status:
Female | Single
Ethnicity & Race:
Asian | Korean-Japanese
Known Languages:
Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean
Former Associations/Occupations:
Boxing Association of KoreaAfter she turned 18, she became a professional boxer under Korea’s Boxing Association. Ayako claimed multiple championship titles during her career, and remained an active fighter until she retired at age 25.
Yin Underground PitFollowing her championship win, she was brought to an underground pit arena. She earned her stay in this arena, though she left at the age of 23, though she returned a few years after to reconnect with the underground system.
Yang SyndicateA crime syndicate that worked alongside the Yin Underground Pit. After proving herself a worthy fighter, she was recruited to guard weapon dealers while they sold their goods. She then returned shortly after she reclaimed her title in the fighting pits.
Kuria TrainingThis was Ayako’s gym back in Korea, where she focused on training fighters who had potential in her eyes. Though, she shut down the business after her last pupil joined the boxing league.

Highest Level of Education:
N/A
Physical/Mental Ailments:
Intermittent Explosive Disorder
Known Family Members:
N/A

Describe your character's appearance to the greatest detail:
Ayako Hikari is an individual who can change her outward expression and appearance depending on who she is in the company of. Her features include hair, which was kept short, reminiscent of a wolf cut, and the color of mahogany. A gaze that seemed welcoming, but that was simply a trap for most, leading you into the wolf’s den. Her skin was a tanned-pale, and depending on the area, was either soft like silk or as rough as sandpaper.

There were many scars present all over her, most present along her knuckles and left arm. On her upper left arm, she had scars that were small and scattered, being left by a spiked bat to her arm. Her knuckles had many scars due to her training her punches all throughout her life.

Describe your character's personality to the greatest detail:
Ayako is a woman with an intense personality, forged from her rough past. She is an individual with an indomitable will and a strong sense of self-righteousness and revenge, though she claims it as justice. She is a battle-hardy woman, with a strong belief in others proving themselves. When she is out in public, she openly shares wisdom and shows respect for those she knows and has yet to meet. However, when she puts on the mask, she drops the facade and shows off her rougher side. When concealing her identity, she will make sure others fear her, though she will still treat others with respect until pushed.

She is loyal to a fault. Gaining her trust is a long and difficult process, but once earned will last a lifetime. She will do anything and everything for those she cares for.

Describe your character's backstory to the greatest detail: (200+ words minimum)
On August 5th in Busan, Korea, Ayako was born to the Hikari family. They were a long-renowned family which produced skilled fighters and coaches. The girl was born small, weighing only 6 pounds, below average. This caused her family to only be harsher on her as she grew up, being ridiculed for being smaller. When Ayako could stand on her own, she began to train to fight. Her mother, Seong, was the one who nurtured her as well as she could, making sure Ayako was well-fed and got fulfilling sleep. Her father, Ryeo Hikari on the other hand pushed her to her limits, even when she was just a young girl.

By the time Ayako was 8, she knew how to hold a proper boxing stance, throw harsh jabs, and swing powerful hooks. However, that was when things took a turn for the worse. Ryeo saw that his daughter wasn’t growing to be as strong as her cousins, which he believed to be disgraceful. He began to have her start fighting him instead of her cousins of the same age range, who often beat her until she couldn’t stand. Now, she was going up against someone with way more experience. Up against a former champion boxer. At first, he didn’t lay a hand on her and months had passed before Ayako landed her first punch against her father. Realizing she was not learning much, Ryeo was disappointed and decided to go more hands-on with his approach.
He started to train her harsher, making her punch concrete slabs until she could break them, do calisthenic exercises until she couldn’t breathe, and do cardio until she felt like her lungs would burst. Ayako often had bloodied or broken knuckles, but even when her hands were in this condition, she had to train her punches. Seong tried her best to help her daughter, but once Ryeo saw the kindness his wife was showing their daughter, he hit her. This abuse was only behind closed doors for years, where Ayako could not see. Years passed and Ayako grew older and stronger, being able to keep up with the exercises as they were being added. She had to run miles with ankle weights and do pullups with chains wrapped around her. She continued to push through all the abuse to win over her father’s approval.

At age 15, she finally began training to properly fight a skilled opponent. Her father constantly fought her and left her bloodied and beaten, all in the name of training her for a real fight. At first, she couldn’t keep up with her father’s speed and power, but she began to learn his style. She took parts of his style and implemented them to make her own. Making a style where she remained light on her feet, using force to propel her to her desired position before planting herself like a tree to throw her punches. While not unorthodox, this style worked wonders for her once she got the hang of it. 2 years passed before she mastered it and finally beat her father in one fight. That led her father to train her harder to the point of fatigue before fighting, so she could get used to the feeling and beat him again. She ended up taking another year to complete this final step.

After beating her father through all the harsh conditions she was put in, she entered her first professional boxing match. She went against an up-and-coming boxer, a middleweight boxer by the name of Dokgo Young. Her opponent had won 3 matches in a row and was seen as a prodigy. This was different from Ayako, who had her family title hidden until after her debut to protect her family’s legacy. Most would feel nervous for their first match, but Ayako was excited. To fight someone other than her father sparked something in her that nothing else had in her life.

The match lasted one round, and the audience was left in stunned silence. Ayako danced around the ring with a quick-paced boxing style that her family specialized in, choosing not to use her own form. She bullied the young girl in the ring, leaving her on the ground after 5 punches from Ayako, all of them being held back to not deal too much damage to her opponent. After all, Ayako had been forced to split concrete with a punch. Her fists had long been numb to pain, and everything else. Her sense of touch had died down. Ayako didn’t feel fulfilled in her first match, and after the fight, Ayako was announced to be a member of the Hikari family, leading her to easily be given more matches. This streak of quick wins lasted until her record was 11-0.
Her twelfth match was the one that many had been waiting for. Ayako had to go against the champion of her weight class, an older Russian lady by the name Sasha Isao. Ayako did what she did in every match, however her punches seemed to not be doing anything to her opponent. That was when Ayako met a punch that reminded her of her father. Ayako was sent to the ground in a single swing, and the round ended after she got back up and the bell rang. She felt humiliated and her father told her off. A single piece of advice was given to her, three words. Show no mercy.

When the bell went off, Ayako changed the way she had been fighting everyone else, now feeling more comfortable. After a short lunge to get close to her opponent, Ayako planted her feet to the floor of the ring and threw a feint with her left arm before throwing a right hook that sent the champion down to the ground, harder than she had in the previous round. Imagining Sasha’s head as the concrete slab she had been forced to break, she used all her pent-up anger and knocked the larger woman unconscious, leading to her victory.

After gaining the title of women’s middleweight champion, she was finally able to see the hidden part of her family’s business. An underground boxing ring, where fighters from all over would put their lives on the line to win large amounts of money. This was where Ayako first witnessed black market dealings, illegal gambling, and unmediated fights. The first fight she witnessed saw the losing fighter killed after cheers from the crowd, chanting for it to happen.

The girl was tossed into the waiting room, being given her first fight. The tensions were high, and her nerves intense. The gruesome sight beforehand kept surging in her mind, but they had to be suppressed when she was pushed into the ring. The fighters were given an array of blunt weapons to choose from for the fight. Not knowing how to use most of them, she grabbed the one that suited the only way she knew how to fight; a pair of knuckle dusters. The foreign weapon had to work against her opponent, a male that was clearly a heavyweight fighter. The odds were already against her, but the weapon that the man wielded struck a deep fear in her. A baseball, with the end covered in rusted nails.

When the bell was struck, she barely had time to react. The small arena gave her little room to run away from to avoid the swing of the baseball bat. The nails were slammed into her left arm, leading her to be stuck in place and having to take relentless punches from her experienced opponent. The cheers in the background began to fade as her ears rang. She put up a guard to try to defend herself, but that wasn’t working. This led to a retaliation. A right hook to the fighter’s jaw led to a one hit knock-out. The adrenaline added with her fear of dying built up enough power to end the fight in that one hit.

That was her first of many fights, and was by far the most difficult. The continued exposure to the underground fights led her to a desensitization to the brutality. Fight after fight, she grew her capacity to fight with the assistance of weapons, but also the ability to fight against a weapon barehanded. Her record to the public was 12-0, but in the fighting pits, she was titled the queen of the arena, winning all 20 of her fights.

There were plenty of eyes on her due to her winning streak, and she was recruited by a few weapons dealers, where she was paid as a contracted security. Her presence alone scared off a few individuals who wished to steal, as well as deterred people from attempting to barter a lower price. These dealers then helped her solidify her presence in the black market, though she herself did not like the use of weapons.

One night, Ayako had snuck out of the house to spend time with her friends. She spent many hours away, and when she came home, she witnessed a horrible sight. Her father standing over his mother, harming her. Seeing her mother getting hurt, Ayako lost all respect for her father. She rushed towards him and threw a punch to the side of his head, sending him to the ground, with his head clashing against the stove. The metallic echo of his skull colliding with metal was all she heard, and red liquid oozing from his head. She entered a trance, where she walked over him and continued to punch him over and over. All the memories of her being beaten throughout her life and the sight of her mother being hurt before her eyes flooded her mind.

By the time Ayako was pulled off by her mother, her knuckles were bloodied, and her fathers face was disfigured, the blood coating the floor in a dark red. There was no way to tell which blood was from Ayako’s knuckles or Ryeo’s injuries. But the only feeling Ayako felt was satisfaction. She held no remorse for her father who was now murdered by her hand. And after beginning a scolding, Ayako snapped. She threatened her mother, stating that if anyone learned about what happened, then she will join her husband. Seong had lost her husband and daughter, now having to live in fear.

Ayako continued training without her father, and moved onto the heavyweight bracket, where she dominated her opponents. She felt the shackles were released and only held back so her opponents could survive the match. Not for their sake, but so she could continue fighting without repercussions. She retired with multiple championship titles and a perfect fighting record, as well as plenty of money. This led her to her next stage in life, where she became a personal trainer and coach for anyone she saw potential in.

After her retirement, she grew bored of solely training others to fight. The feeling of satisfaction of getting revenge on her father was still engrained in her. A revenge that was hidden when she was a child. Her curiosity got the better of her, and she reached out to one of her old contractors, getting information on where the fighting pit had moved to. When given the information, the queen returned to her kingdom, and regained her position at the top of the arena. However, that did not satisfy her desire. She wished to help others gain that same feeling of revenge for others, so she began to sell weapons herself. This itself was not what gave her satisfaction, but the stories told to her by her customers, of them exacting their own revenge.

Describe an interaction that your character may have as a black market dealer:
A shroud of darkness enveloped her eyes, with the only semblance of light being a blinking red light. A foul odor that felt suffocating, and an uncomfortable humidity that smothered anyone who walked through. Behind a mask, all she could focus on were her labored breaths. In front of her was a large wooden container, a crate full of weapons she was meant to sell. Reaching forward, she opened the crate. A ballistic mask, katana, and fireaxe. Quite an expensive order, but it was good money. She had her associate lift the package and carry it along behind her as she made her way through the labyrinth.

She had arrived at her destination, a crossroads with four separate paths. When the masked individual approached, she waved her hand to her associate, having them open the crate. After showing the customer the items, they slowly approached, money in hand. Once the money was passed, she motioned her partner to drop the crate.

Once the transaction seemed to be over, her party turned to walk away, but they seemed to be surrounded by a person on each side. When she turned back to see her customer, that was when she knew it was a trap. The individual tossed the fireaxe to their comrade, before pointing the katana at the two.

The woman let out a disappointed sigh before she reached into her coat, taking out a sai blade and two knuckle dusters. The sai was tossed her to associate before she prepared to defend herself from the other pursuers.

A long dispute transpired, with the two standing over their four attackers. There were definitely scars and marks left behind, a gash in her arm from a swing of the fire axe, plenty of bruises from multiple punches, and her associate had a deep stab wound that needed to be treated quickly.

Before leaving the scene, she unmasked the individuals, getting a good look at their faces before snapping a photo of each and every one. Glancing down at the katana she had sold to them before she carefully lifted it up. It was a weapon she didn’t like to use unless necessary, and this was one of those times.

She dragged the edge of the blade along one, carving the symbol of Yin-Yang. The symbol named Taijitu. The mark was left on each of them, all on a different limb. Marking them as aggressors against her, and the black market by extension. Ayako turned around, leaving the four on the ground for the next people who wander the sewers to find. The shroud covering her and her partner, not to be seen until they wished to be found.

Describe any other additional information that is notable in considering your character for the role of a black market dealer:
Ayako is a character I have had for months now, and have developed her character quite a bit. Her backstory has been reworked a couple of times, and I have done my best to make the backstory flow while keeping it interesting, so I apologize if parts may seem blocky.

Additionally, if I do receive this role, I will be leaving one of the factions I am currently in so I do not hold too many roles.​

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for applying to join the Black Market, unfortunately after consulting with the rest of the BMDs we've decided to deny your application this time around. We recommend involving yourself with the BMD associates as we feel you'd be an amazing fit there. We wish you all the best for your future within the Crime Faction.

Users who are viewing this thread