Level 5
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

rareleaks

Discord Name & Tag:
!Corey#5350

Previous bans:
I had one ban for ERP back when I started the server back then I didn’t really have any knowledge at all and didn’t know any of the rules, since then I’ve learned from my mistakes and moved on.

Describe your activity on the server:

Roughly, if I had to rate my activity on a scale of 1 to 10, I would probably say an 8 due to the fact that I’m on most of the time but when I’m not it is probably because I have school or I’m doing other things with my friends but I still manage to make up for that time in the end as I would say I’m very balanced and can always keep track of the time I have and can offer the KPD help whenever it is needed when I’m not doing those things, it has also came to my attention that in KPD being active is one of the main things so I’d say overall I’m fairly active and can be there most of the time my activity fluctuates at times but I still manage to keep active on all of my accounts and seeing that its summer soon I will be more active than ever before that's when I'm not doing things.

Which time zone are you in?
BST | British Summer Time

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

Accepted

Denied
N/A

Listing main applications only
What is your motivation for applying?:
Well, in general I have a lot of motivation to join KPD purely because of the fact that it's something I’ve always wanted to join but never had the accounts to do so up until now, it also sounds like fun and I’m trying to try out new types of RP and KPD is something I strive to achieve on Srp and I’m willing to try and push myself even if I don’t get the role, I also have a few friends that are on the roster and they have told me great things about it which makes me want to join even more, I’ve only really tried to apply for the jobs that I want and KPD is one of them the whole crime aspect of RP piques my interest and makes me want to continue with it only on the other side of things this time. I’ve currently played the server for like well over a year now and I have done all types of things on this server but not only that I try to get on as much as possible because I know activity is a big thing especially in jobs like these and I would say I’m a very organized person balancing my real life things and SRP things evenly. I also noticed that you were looking for members from all Time zones so I thought to myself why not give it a go so I applied in hopes that I might get accepted, I’ve never got to see the KPDs perspective of SRP and I’m interested to see what it would be like.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I’d say I have general knowledge of the the KPD not just oocly but icly, their work has to be carried out to the best of their ability they also have to be very careful when challenging some of the tough criminal obstacles that might be thrown at them such as killings, kidnappings or even just general fights can usually break out into something ten times bigger with just one mistake from an officer, being an officer comes with many downsides one of them being its a very risky job and like I said one slip up could send everything down hill for everyone, maybe even leading to an officers death which I have seen many times before another thing is most of the lower ranks in the KPD have to have someone with them so if something happens then there is the other person for backup but not only that but probably for moral support to judging that they are pretty new and are still trying to get a fair grasp of the day to day KPD life. On the other side of things the higher ups of the KPD are free to do most things as they will as they have gained the most experience of the job and are even allowed to carry around guns although for cadets they can’t do such. There is a lot of things an officer has to deal with in his life and with all that I’d say surely they would need the right amount of mental strength to carry out such tasks, For example, let’s say you are an officer and you arrive at a robbery, you would need the right amount of mental strength to cope with the pressure of what is happening in front of you in which if you don’t have such strength then you will start to get nervous which can lead to consequences. Now onto another big thing which is Communication between you and your colleagues, Communication is key to getting things done fast and efficiently, not only that but when you communicate with other officers it allows them to keep track of what you are doing and if you are fine and when you need back up communicating through your radio is another big thing so that they know what is going on and can get ready to back you up. The police also have to undergo a numerous amount of training sessions from what I’ve heard from others carrying out different scenarios so that they can take those scenarios out into the city and put them to work and will be prepared for anything that will be thrown at them. Moving onto arrests when you have arrested someone you have to give them a reason for their arrest so when you go back to the jail cell you will have to give them their bail and what their sentence is and the explanation behind it but if you want you can dig deeper into what really happened to see if you can get anymore information on it. There are a lot of tasks for all ranks of the KPD some of them being; Patrolling, Manhunts, Checking CCTV, apartment raids and Desk work some of these tasks are carried out daily and some are not so frequent. Some of the many ranks and tasks in the KPD consist of:

Tasks

Patrol
Patrol officers usually take this task they conduct preliminary investigations and document criminal incidents and they also just patrol around the area staying on the lookout for anything dodgy that's going on, it is usually carried out in groups of 2-4 people but if your a higher up you can go by yourself.

Apartment Raids
To raid an apartment you will firstly need a warrant off a judge for the apartment and I'd assume you would need some sort of good reason behind it but reasons such as like killings etc. they are good enough, once you have managed to get all that a few will head over to the apartment again and some other officers might already be outside but they will then begin to try get through the door, if they succeed in getting through the door any weapons or evidence is to be given to the detectives so they can conduct a search on what every it was that you gave them, checking for fingerprints, blood or even dents.

CCTV
One of the main parts of getting evidence is CCTV and the officers should know how to control them cause if they do they might just catch a big chunk of the evidence on CCTV for example, let's say someone isn't wearing a mask or a has a unique colour of hair and you see that on CCTV and they are involved in the crime then you can use that against them or maybe even pull them in for questioning however, if someone isn't wearing a mask at all and you catch them on CCTV whilst doing the crime then that is when you have hit the jackpot.

Bails & Arrests

When someone is arrested for committing a crime they will then be given the reason behind there arrest and what they are being charged with along with a bail of a certain length of time this can vary depending on how severe what they did was, they will then change rpname and skins and create a new character until they either bail the character out when the time has run out or have just waited the full sentence to change back, they will then be taken in to get mug shots in which every time someone gets arrested it is logged. Also the arresting officer gets the bail money and they can only get around 400k a month.

Desk work
Desk work is mainly done by all ranks on the roster but it is mostly carried out by the less experienced such as the Cadets they will then do tasks such as; Taking bail requests or any additional help that will be needed like if there is an ongoing crime and someone comes to the desk they will answer the phone and alert the rest of their colleagues. Although Desk work sounds pretty simple it is vital you do not go AFK while doing it as it creates confusion for whoever is looking for something.

Training scenarios
Training scenarios is usually to get some experience for what is out there to get you, it helps you get a good grasp of what you might be facing and it helps prepare you so that when you go out to carry out a task you will remember what to do and will be able to carry out the task to the full extent, some of these scenarios can include masks and some other blunt weapons.

Ranks

Commissioner
This rank is like the lead of the whole police force, they are in charge and oversee everyone. They hold the voice of the KPD when speaking to the rest of the city and hold the police to account, their job is to make sure every officer carries out there everyday activities to the full extent and usually they try to find efficient ways that the KPD can use to tackle crime or other things that are against the law.

Police Captain
The police captains role is almost similar to the commissioners although they don’t hold as much authority they still carry out some of the same tasks such as inspecting and overseeing the lower ranks below them they command the detective division and always keep a close eye on them they supervise administrative and support functions of non-sworn personnel.

Police Lieutenant
The police Lieutenant consists of usually three members of the KPD; they are often the deputy officers and are in charge of a precinct, in smaller departments sometimes the lieutenants are heads of divisions such as patrol division, detective division etc.

Police Detective Superintendent
From what I know and have heard the police Detective Superintendent is in charge of some of the operations that go on in the city they carry the responsibility for a specific policy or policing area. They usually know how to take charge in operations probably due to experience but they too carry a big role as they oversee departments and resources.

Police Detective Chief Inspector
From my own knowledge Police Detective Inspector is usually the minimum rank held by a senior Investigating officer, who heads major incidents, (E.g murder), they usually work out of headquarters and stay mostly outside whilst doing their work.

Police Detective Inspector
Usually just carries out complex investigations, uncovering the truth so that they can find out what went on and ****ysing evidence on cases. This could range from undertaking search warrants and making arrests to pushing a case through the courts.

Police Sergeant
The Police Sergeants are like the first line of supervisors in the police force, they perform all duties the same as a police officer only they supervise, coordinate and guide police officers through their daily tasks as well as other police department employees too they also usually look after cadets and any of the lower ranks.

Police Detective Constable
As a Detective Constable, you’ll typically work on varied investigations, including ‘Volume and priority’ investigations such as theft, burglaries, knife crimes and kidnappings. They usually carry out these tasks day in day out with their experience they usually have no hassle.

Police Corporal
A Police Corporal is expected to perform field duties relating to response to emergencies, general and directed patrol, investigation of crimes and other non-criminal incidents, traffic enforcement and control they also do assisting crime prevention activities, and other law enforcement services and duties as required.

Patrol Officer

Patrol officer is one of the lower ranks given to some of the newer members of the department, Patrol officers carry out some minor tasks but nothing to risky as they ain’t experienced enough just yet, some of these tasks consist of; Patrolling areas whether that be on foot or on a bike, making and processing arrests, searching suspects and responding to emergencies and accidents these tasks are carried out daily.

Police Cadet

Most Cadet’s are new to the whole police aspect so they get very little tasks to complete, most of the time they are used for station duties such as training or working at the desk, most of the time Cadets are under supervision by their leader or higher up and those higher ups assist them until they finally have enough knowledge to take on the tasks themselves and can do it.

Why is the Police important to SchoolRP?
Well, it suffices to say that if there was no police in SRP then GangRP wouldn’t be the same and the city would be mad and there would be no limit to what would happen because there is nobody to stop the ongoing crimes. Not only that but it just makes sense to have a police force such as the KPD in a big city filled with criminals. I doubt that there is any big city filled with violence that doesn't have even one station. It's just realistic to have one as most cities do. I think people would get bored of dying all the time too with nobody being able to stop the crime, it would just get repetitive with people dying all the time. The KPD also partake in some events as well which really spices up GangRP sometimes with that also building into lore for gangs and the KPD. Seeing that the KPD has been in Karakura since 2017 it is only fair to say that they play a big role in the SRP community all together and form one of the main parts even from the beginning.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I fully accept the fact that if I am inactive or whatever the reason is that I’ll be demoted.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

Yes, I understand this to the full extent and am willing to take on what has to come in the future if I get accepted.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, like I was saying earlier activity is a big thing in the KPD so it's only fair that you try to turn up to as much trainings as possible.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Dáithí Collins

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male | He/him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Bachelor’s degree.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Gaelic/Irish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Dáithí Collins, an Irish man with a calm demeanour, standing at around 6’2, the fairly built male always had a blank expression on his face rendering him unapproachable to some. He is a quiet male with brown hair and brown eyes to compliment his rather casual clothing style. The fresh smell of turf would follow behind him, he didn’t have much friends and spent most of his time reading books and writing as it piqued his interest, some would say he was lonely but he is just very observant to who he wants to socialize with and can read someone just by looking at them. Dáithí had multiple blisters all over his hands and scars from all the hard work he did back when he lived in Dublin as a labourer.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Being the casual quiet man he is Dáithí always knows how to act around people but when he has to get something done he gets it done the right way without any complaints growing up in a strict family the manners were automatically there as he grew older. Even when Dáithi isn’t at work he still remains polite and respectful to everyone he meets but also keeps a far enough distance from them unless necessary.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Having little to no friends when he moved Dáithí became lonely although he loved the idea of having friends he found it hard in high school to gain the friendship over other people so as he got older he just gave up even though he still has an open mind to the idea he knew it was pointless and eventually grew more antisocial as time went by but there was a time he did have friends and he even used to play Gaelic, football and hurling back in Dublin all sports that are very communicative and teamwork is key in them so I suppose when the time comes he will eventually get used to the idea of working with someone else again. He is very caring though and treats everyone the same way he would want to be treated, although he might not fit in at the start I’m sure he will find no worries making friends in the end up.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
Dáithí doesn’t mind taking charge and being a leader in certain cases if there is something he needs to get done he will throw all he has at it to complete it and show an example to the rest of his colleagues he is also a follower in a sense because he knows that he is not perfect so obviously there is some things he has to learn so he will learn from his colleagues and follow what they do or any instructions they give out to him. It doesn’t really matter what he is, Dáithí can be both when he wants to be.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Early life

Dáithí Collins born on a cold, snowy night on new years. Born in a city called Dublin the capital of Ireland, Dáithí and his family were poor growing up on the streets of Dublin were rough the first few years for Dáithí were quiet not making really any friends at all that was up until he started primary school. He started getting more involved with the guys but his quietness usually cast him out of the circle. He found it hard to make new friends and he hated it. Eventually he made one friend whose name was Sean now Sean was just like Dáithí they both found it hard mixing with groups but one thing was Sean loved to play football and Introduced Dáithí to it all. They would play football
From dawn to noon they figured playing sports was the only thing they could really do around there at that time due to the growing Havoc in the city. This havoc also known as the troubles was a bad time for Ireland bombs would be detonated the odd time but riots began to happen more frequently it was almost like no where was safe times like these innocent people were shot on the street cars were blown up and the chaos between each paramilitary stirred. Football and other sports were Dáithí’s escape from the violence unlike some of his other classmates who would get involved in the rioting, he stayed out of it and stuck to playing sports.

Dáithí’s family was a strict one so the manners were more less beat into him that's the way it was back then and every night Dáithí and his dad would go to the local bog it was there they would find fresh turf for the house in which would be used to heat up most things since they were too poor to afford a proper heating system.

Midway through his life in Dublin

A few years went past and it was Dáithí’s 18th birthday, the violence calmed as the civil war came to an abrupt silence things were going great and due to Dáithí playing sports all the time his confidence grew and he made some new friends eventually forgetting about Sean. Dáithí would always go to his grandma’s because every time he went there she always had something cooking and when Irish grandmas make food it’s a big amount, so knowing that there would be a lot of food on he went. Dáithí was closest to his granny and he loved her more than anything; she lived a bit outside Dublin in a place called Dun Laoghaire, Dáithí loved it there due to the peacefulness and the seaside it was like his comfort place.

The Divorce

Dáithí’s parents didn’t get on very well you could say that his dad got his mum pregnant at a young age but stayed with her now as time went by they would argue every night but Dáithí had other plans and that's when he moved out to his grandmas, it was there he stayed for a while before his parents finally divorced his mum got custody of him and his dad just vanished. Although his mum got custody of him she was a heavy drug addict and couldn’t even keep herself stable never mind raise her family.

Moving to Karakura
There was always something about Japan that Dáithí loved so knowing that he could not stay with his mum anymore he sent her to rehabilitation in which he then was free to do his own thing in life, his grandma always pushed him to achieve his goals and do something that he wanted in life so he knew that if he was going to leave Ireland behind he had to take her with him. They then bought two tickets to Karakura. It was the first time Dáithí’s grandma had ever been on a plane, nothing could explain the amazed look that was plastered on her face. They then made it to Karakura in which they had an extra bit of cash left to rent out a small apartment which had two bedrooms and was enough for the two.

Life in Karakura/College
A few more years go by and Dáithí’s grandma was getting old, she could no longer walk so he had to make probably one of the biggest decisions in his life, should he send her to a care home or should he let her stay at home where she belongs but he didn’t want to risk her health so he sent her to a care home not too far from where his apartment was. A few weeks went by and he went to his first college class, he crept into the classroom into his chair and that's when he felt a brief vibration coming from his pocket. . It was his phone ringing. It turned out his grandma that had looked after him all his life had passed from old age, his mood changed completely that day. He wasn’t talking to anyone at all and spent most of his time alone in his room but knew that he needed to get a good job in order to show respect to his grandma who did so much for him. Another Year went by and Dáithí left college with a degree in Criminal justice and a degree in creative writing. Which then leads us up until this day, Dáithí still being the quiet observant male he is, still seeking for a new job in order to pay up for the rent of his apartment and keep himself living in healthy pastures.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, a pocket knife is classed as a Minor Illegal Weaponry so if you are caught with it you will be put in jail for around 2-3 months OOCLY if you don’t bail your character, it is illegal and you would be charged for Minor possession of weaponry which is like a 150,000 yen with a bail of 3 days OOC wait time.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Birth Control, Surgical Mask, paracetamol, eye patch, bandages

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

Firstly, I would record it all on my bodycam footage so I have evidence that it actually happened if they are in a disclosed area, secondly I would call for backup just incase things were about to get worse knowing that backup is coming I would walk up to my colleague questioning him on why he is hitting him then if he progresses I would try to look for other ways to comply with him by that time hopefully my other colleagues would have arrived and my higher ups so that they could have a bigger say on it than I would, I wouldn’t want to physically get involved just in case there was a misunderstanding.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If it was out in public I would quickly rush in to aid my colleague whilst radioing for backup on the way over so knowing that if I get him off my co-worker and pinned down then my higher ups should arrive soon or even other workers but if I fail to get him off my colleague I’d have to go up a step and use my taser in which I would taze the male before searching him and putting handcuffs on him, detaining him for assault and maybe depending on what happened between them obstruction of justice.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I’d make sure I have solid evidence to back whatever I found out up but I would also scrutinize the situation but if I find out that they actually are associated for sure then I would take my evidence to my higher ups showing them all the proof in hopes that my colleague will be dealt with and given the correct punishments in result.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I’d ignore the offer but also fine them for bribery if they fail to pay the fine I had just given them then I would arrest them on failure to pay the 15,000 yen fine sentencing them to around 12 days in jail no bail.

Additional notes
Thanks for taking the time to read my application :)

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread