Isan#5478

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
AEST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
None

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
On pretty much every day, on the off chance I’m not on because of soccer training or work

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Shinto is a polytheistic religion that centres on supernatural beings known as kami that are said to pervade everything. Because of the connection between the kami and the natural world, Shinto is regarded as animistic. At jinja public shrines, family shrines, and kamidana home shrines, the kami are revered. The latter are staffed by priests called kannushi who manage food and drink sacrifices made to the particular kami housed there. In order to gain the kami's blessing and foster harmony between humans and them, this is done. The kagura dances, rites of passage, and seasonal festivals are further popular rituals. Public shrines support divination practises and provide followers of the religion with religious relics like amulets. Of course, I am willing to learn more, I studied it for a project in university, so I have some what knowledge of it.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

What makes me stand out most compared to other people is I am someone who loves learning further into a subject until I can teach it to others. What also gives me an advantage above the others is the fact I already have studied and done a fair bit about this religion already.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?
Yes. I understand and am looking forward to learning more about this religion. Although the biggest problem would be the time zones and as I’m writing this I am doing exams in real life but after that I’m pretty much free anytime
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Santiago Rivera

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Full Spanish

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER: 030-277-2570

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
Shintoism is all about the overriding belief to promote harmony and purity in all aspects of life. Humans are thought of as being fundamentally good, and evil is caused by evil spirits. The purpose of Shinto, therefore, is to pray and offer to the kami to keep away evil spirits. This fits to Santiago because he is a very spiritual man and is someone who strongly believes in what’s right and will stand up to any evil that may disobey that.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I don’t really know much about the monastery itself other than I see most priests and maidens sort of spread awareness of the religion and try and get people to convert towards Shintoism.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Dear whomever this may concern,

My name is Santiago, I was told by some priests about this religion however I already had an idea of what Shintoism is. I feel as if I will greatly benefit the Monastery seeing as I am someone who is a strong believer in anything I do and I believe in Shintoism when I was told about it a while back. I wish only the best for everyone, and I want peace and harmony to everyone around the world.

I will strive to help achieve the harmony of others and give them a safe space to come to if they need any help at any time.

This is why I think I am a good fit to join the Monastery as a priest to help further evolve the religion as a hole.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Santiago’s backstory starts in Barcelona Spain where he grew up with a very strict and spiritual family, he loves his sports and his friends. He grew up in a pretty poor area where he wasn’t able to have dinner or breakfast every night. His family would be pushing him to become a janitor or a teacher however Santiago’s dream was to become a priest and preach to everyone around the world about the religion he believes in and make other believe in it too. Santiago is a very laid-back person, you rarely ever see him get angry but if he does it’s because you hurt a family member, since he is a very family orientated person. He moved to Karakura because he heard about the schooling that was going on in Japan since his school was really underwhelming and overall pretty poor.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?
Well I’m not that knowledgeable on what the priests and Maidens do but I believe it’s promoting the religion as well as giving offerings and holding rituals.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Washing your hands before entering

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
As soon as you interact with the shrine workers or priest, you should present your offering. They'll notify Kami-sama that you made an offering and put it on the offering table. Following the gokitoh or service, we observe numerous persons presenting the offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?: The front of the tea bowl is facing you as it is positioned on the tatami mat in front of you. Put it on your left palm after picking it up with your right hand. Turn it 90 degrees clockwise with your right hand so that its front is no longer towards you. Place the tea back onto the tatami after taking a few sips.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi: A branch of a Sakaki tree decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton is used to create the Shinto offering known as tamagushi. Tamagushi are ceremonially offered to the kami by parishioners, shrine maidens, or kannushi priests during Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi, and other events at Shinto shrines.

Ofuda: An ofuda is a talisman used in Shinto and Buddhism in Japan. It can be created from a variety of materials, including paper, wood, fabric, or metal. Ofuda are frequently seen in Buddhist and Shinto temples and are thought to possess the power of the gods or Buddhist figures worshipped there.

Kagura Suzu: Twelve bells known as kagura suzu are used in the kagura dance. The set consists of three levels of bells: two bells on top, four bells in the middle, and six bells on the bottom, each suspended from a handle in the middle by coiled brass wires.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, you are banned.​

Users who are viewing this thread