Accepted Receptionist Application || spiritmedium

hailibuki

Level 1
spiritmedium
spiritmedium
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

figuerothfaeth (main), spiritmedium (alt, applying on this)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
ibuki#2600

What is your time zone?:
BST

Describe your activity on the server:
I try to log on every single day, trying to get at least a few hours on the server at a minimum! I don’t usually have exact times for whenever I’m on but it all changes depending on the day, especially with school stuff popping up.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Nope!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I completely understand that, and will do my best to get online whenever possible.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Receptionist

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Receptionists are there to help out any student in need, whether that’s with any questions they have or if they need help getting around the school! They are typically found at the front/back desk of the school where you can ask them whatever you’re curious about.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been roleplaying for a few years now outside of this server, with me having joined School RP in late May 2022. I’ve had a couple of intervals where I haven’t had the motivation to get on the server but I’ve gained it again, getting on more and more!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
N/A

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[ Grade 12 ] - figuerothfaeth
[ Grade 9 ] - spiritmedium

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Oyku would be first of all extremely shocked that the student would be speaking to her like this, sorting herself out, making sure to stay calm before speaking back. After making sure that she’s all fine she would give the student a warning, to see if that’d stop them, telling them that they’d be sent to detention if they didn’t stop with their attitude. If they never stopped then she would send them to detention, potentially contacting members of SLT to stop them if things kept going worse. She’d try to keep as calm and collected during this all, as she knows that doing anything else could worsen the situation with the student.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Her first job would be to tell them to stop, not stepping in for a few seconds to see if they’d calm down the situation. If they don’t stop then she would try to step in, attempting to split them up to the best of her ability. She’d contact other members of Faculty over the radio to help get this all sorted out, after the fight is split up she would attempt to get footage from the school's cameras, checking who started it. After this all she’d contact SLT and provide them with all the information needed.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Depending on the situation her attitude would change massively, no matter what she’d still attempt to tell them off with it, warning them about how reckless their behavior was and that this won’t be accepted if it kept going on. She’d make sure nothing like this would happen with the employee again, contacting higher members of faculty if it kept happening. If the employee happened to be involved in gang activities then she would report them to the police, making sure to keep her identity hidden so that she knows she’ll be kept safe.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
She’d be very laid back in the break room, not exactly being too talkative. She’d still attempt to communicate with any members that she particularly likes, or considers a friend. She’d always happen to grab herself a cup of coffee while in there, keeping herself awake enough to continue her work. She’d use all of this time to just sit back and relax, not having to worry about keeping kids under control or answering questions the whole time!

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
&3would unlock the door for the back receptionist area, pulling out her chair and sitting down, it was a change of place though not a change of pace, as just as many people came to her here, if not more strangely! She guesses that some people just prefer to stay near the back of the school, some of those people she’s seen run off of school grounds to go grab something at the 11/7. If she was just a bit closer then she’d be able to see whoever that was, though even if she left the desk to check they’d already be gone. That’s when an idea clicked in her head, she waited for her break to start and headed to see camera footage, getting to see whoever it was leaving. Once she had figured out who it was she sent all of her information about it to SLT, ensuring that the people doing it wouldn’t get off with this again.

/me &3sat in the break room, drinking her cup of coffee as always. She shot a glance around the room, seeing if any of her friends were in there. Seems that they all left the break room to sort out some other businesses, that’s all good for her though. She’s perfectly fine with sitting and having a break alone. All that means is that she’ll get more time to herself. She stood up, heading over to the break room’s microwave, sticking in one of the hot dogs and waiting for it to be finished. She tapped her foot, getting impatient at the machine, though after hearing the ‘Ding!’ noise coming from the microwave she immediately opened, grabbing the hot dog by the bun.

/me &3would sit at the front desk, swinging her legs underneath the desk. It had been a rather un-busy week for her at this job, with few students coming to her for help. Just as everything seemed to be getting quiet for her, here came someone. She sat up in her chair, clearing her throat before they got close enough to ask. She’d smile at the person, asking them what they’re here for. After they provided an answer to her question then she’d go over where the classroom they asked about was. &f”Oh, classroom 312, right? That’s just up on the third floor, backside of it. If you can’t find it then come back, I’d happily take you.” &3She’d smile at them again, hoping that they’d find their way.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only):
Oyku Capulet Kunt

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Preferred Name:
Ms. Kunt

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
N/A

Marital Status:
Single

Academic Degree: Doctorate
Year of Graduation: 2021
Major(s): Mental Health
Minors: Psychology

Nationality: Scottish
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.
Native Languages: Scots, English
Other Languages: Japanese

Backstory
Oyku Capulet Kunt grew up in a large family in Scotland, having enough money for them to all live a good life as her parents were a Doctor and a Psychiatrist, earning the family a high paycheck. While this all sounds good of course, this left the kids all spending a high amount of time without either parent, as they mostly had to work their job.
Oyku, being the oldest of the bunch usually had to look after the younger ones, leading them wherever they had to go. They had a personal cook for their meals, yet she still always helped them to get snacks and anything of that matter.
While in school, she always looked up to her mother, choosing to try to focus on becoming a Psychiatrist like her mother, to try and make her proud. She focused on any subject that could help her, specifically Mental Health classes.
When in College she took even more classes for Mental Health, getting close to a teacher there. The man taught her all that she ever wanted to know about the subject, with her choosing to come into his classroom during lunch and any study periods. He greatly cemented into her mind that she’d want to become a Psychiatrist, not just to make her mother proud but to make that teacher proud, after all he was closer to her than her parents seemed to be.
Sadly for her though, her parents still never seemed to care about her, even when she was getting A’s in all of her classes. She was unsure if they were still too focused on their work or if they just didn’t care about it.
After she got her Doctorate, she moved out of the family home, choosing to live alone. She stayed in contact with her siblings, though she couldn’t let them stay with her. Her parents weren’t paying for her apartment, she was alone at this point. She worked odd-jobs to make ends meet, sometimes not eating just to save what she still had.
After hearing about her College Professor moving country, she chose to move over to see him. She moved to Karakura, Japan, as he was the only parental seeming figure who actually cared about her.
And now here she is now, choosing to apply to be a receptionist. She assumes that a job at a school will be nice, helping her pay off her bills, giving her a place to stay, and hopefully keeping her helped until she can get her true wanted job.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
At this moment I’m trying to get a job that isn’t too overly hard, as I’m attempting to settle down in Karakura, Japan. I feel as if I could do well as a Receptionist, as I’m pretty good at interacting with kids due to having to care for all of my siblings when I was younger.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
As stated before I’m good with kids, and I believe I’d be a great addition to the team here. I’d like to help around the school, to try to help it all become a better place. Thank you for reading my job application.

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations you have been accepted for the role of Receptionist! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.​

Users who are viewing this thread