Accepted Receptionist Application

Desti

Level 5
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: FoxRP

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Destiny <3#4334

How old are you? (Optional) 19

What is your time zone?: My timezone is GMT

Describe your activity on the server: My activity is divided throughout all three of my accounts, however, upon acceptance, my time would be directed towards FoxRP, specifically during school hours. Being a part of the school faculty would certainly increase my activity, as I am both devoted and motivated by the idea of being a part of this community.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes I fully understand and acknowledge this, and I will be sure to devote as much time as possible to this role if I am accepted into this position.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Receptionist

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
As a receptionist, I’d acquire a very important role. Upon entering the school, I’d be the first face students would see at the beginning of their day. Considering many students aren’t fond of school, or perhaps may just be having an off day, it’s my job to give them an enthusiastic greeting to make them feel welcome. Furthermore, I would have the responsibility of answering any questions students may have, whether it be directions, advice, or information on school events. It would also be required that I ensure that all students are on their best behaviour and not breaking any school rules. Due to the position at the desk, a forefront of the school and the most accessible area, it is where many students will tend to approach if in need, as they will always know there is a trusted member of school faculty there to assist them if need be.

Not only this, but there is a great assortment of other duties and responsibilities for this position.
Receptionists are the ones who are typically responsible for verifying and signing in any guests. Whether it is acknowledging the arrival of EMS in case of a student emergency, or even just touring a guest around the facilities.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: My experiences in roleplay mainly come from SRP and FRP, as I have been playing on the server on and off since around late 2017 to present day.
For roleplay experience outside of what I have attained through my time within Roleplay Hub, I have also roleplayed in a variety of other situations and scenarios. I have been responsible for hosting table-top, both long and short term, roleplay heavy campaigns. As well as this, I have been an active member within a multitude of various other roleplay campaigns which have been through other platforms, such as Discord.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
I’ve always considered myself good with kids. I’d appreciate the opportunity to work with them each and every day and be given the chance to enlighten and mould the minds of Karakura’s future. Not only this, but I have the utmost respect for all of those who work with the young minds of Karakura on a daily basis and it would be a dream to be able to envision myself among them.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

I have had a few applications before in the past, however they were on a different forum account I no longer have access too and I am unable to find the links to them.

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
FoxRP - Fox Whitelist (If I am fortunate enough to be accepted I will have this whitelist removed.)
BirdyRP - Bird Whitelist
Destinsy - College Bachelor
────────────

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Due to my character's calm, collected nature, I would first attempt to speak with the student. I will try to convince the student to come and have a talk with me, and apologise if I have done anything which may have upset the student. If they would accept my invitation to come and have a calm, private chat, I would talk through with them the reason for their sudden outburst, and instead of reprimanding them I would focus on helping them overcome their anger. If they were refusing to cooperate, however, I would ask for their name and I would search for a teacher to help assist me with the student, due to knowing that they would be able to handle the student more effectively. I would then return to my position at the desk. I would only threaten any form of punishment such as detention if the situation required it, after first attempting to reason with the student about their behaviour.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

First I would approach the situation, getting in between the two students and taking the fight to a halt, studying their faces so I could know the two's identities. Trying to diffuse the situation, taking out my radio to try and get another faculty to the situation to take them to the nurse’s office in case either were injured during the fight. Once learning the context of the situation, I would give those who are guilty detention, and in the case one truly doesn't deserve it they would be allowed off with a warning about the situation.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

I would approach my fellow Co-Worker with a smile, and would remind them to be cautious and to take a moment to collect themselves. If they were having trouble with a student, I would attempt to defuse the situation and would help them sort out the issue with the student.
If it was a different type of situation, I would at first remind them that they are currently at work and to please take a moment to calm themself. Whilst my priorities would be focused upon ensuring my own job was completed to as high of a standard as I could provide, I would ensure to keep an eye out to check in on my co-workers behaviour. If they were unable to refrain from continuing these misdeeds whilst at work.
If they were to still keep up this irrational behaviour, even after being given a warning, I would report the situation to a higherup.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Whenever he has free time, or just time alone in general, Sako has the tendency to emerge himself in some form of literature. Whether it is reading a multitude of books and plays or writing a spot of poetry, whenever the situation is deemed appropriate he will often indulge himself in his interests. This is his way of unwinding, ideal for him if he had previously had to deal with a particularly intense situation whilst on shift.
If there happened to be other members of the school faculty currently in the employee break room with him, then he would take the time to converse with his fellow worker. He would inquire about how their day has been, making general small-talk. However, if they were in the middle of currently doing something, he'd take a moment beforehand to gauge whether the situation seemed appropriate to interrupt them. If they did seem to be in the midst of something important, or just didn't appear to be in the mood to make conversation, he would opt for leaving them be until they finished as to not be a bother to them.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me standing from his seat, he’d step away from his desk to head out of the general office, striding over to the student, gently tapping their shoulder, putting a calm professional tone into his voice with a small smile before speaking. “Please refrain from that sort of language, I am well aware it may slip out sometime, however I would like to remind you that we are currently upon school grounds."

/me opening the door to the lounge, he’d step in, carefully closing the door behind him as to not disturb nearby classes. He walked over to the counter, pouring a cup of coffee and bringing it to the nearest seat to immediately collapse into it. He took out a book, opening it up and began to scribble down a new poem he’d thought up during his shift.

/me collecting up the tokens which had been placed upon the desk, he’d place them into a neat stack, he'd count through them as effectively and efficiently as he could. Assuring the correct amount was all there, he'd give the student a wide grin. Once he was done counting, he’d slide the tokens away before glancing back to the student. "Well done, this is truly impressive work. Just a moment please, I'll go get your chosen reward from behind the counter."

/me would’ve been sitting at the desk going over some paperwork as the student approached. Greeting them with a wide grin, he’d divert his full attention towards them, pushing the papers to the side. With a warm, welcoming tone, he’d speak with the student. “Good morning, how may I help you today?”

/me as the students were all currently in class and the area vacant, he’d take this as an open opportunity to converse with his fellow colleague. A wide grin would spread upon his face as he turned in his seat to face the fellow receptionist sitting beside him. Whilst of course he had his eyes out for anyone who may approach the desk looking for assistance, he’d focus upon the person beside him. “My, it’s quite quiet today. How are you doing this fine, sunny afternoon?”

────────────

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Sako Akori
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Preferred Name: Sako

Age (Minimum is 25): 32
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 2016
Major(s): Business
Minors: Multimedia Journalism, Communications.

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.
Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: N/A.

Backstory.

1990 - 2008

Sako Akori, the second born son of Hiroto Akori, was born at 11:36pm on the 8th of September, 1990. His place of birth would be Chiba Prefecture, located in the Kantō region of Honshu. This is where he spent his early years alongside his elder brother and both parents. His father was a kind man, honest and prioritised the wellbeing of his family. He was the type of man that Sako had always admired and worshiped, striving to be just like him. Growing up, the Akori's were securely middle-class. They had a stable home and were a double-income household, his mother being a professor at one of the local universities and his father a typical business man. Due to his fathers business being a success, it was common for him to often head out for business trips for up to weeks at a time. Despite this, he ensured he would never miss a single important family event and was always there for his children. Sako had always idolized him, swearing that if he were to ever have children of his own someday that he would always endeavour to be as dedicated a father. The first eighteen years of Sako's life would be spent in his childhood home, one which would be very traditionally Japanese in both it's exterior and interior appearance. As his home was located not too far from Chiba's Kujukuri Beach, Sako spent a vast majority of his childhood and teenage years keenly exploring the luscious sandy beaches. Whether it was sitting upon the golden sands, writing and rehearing his own poetry in the summers, or lingering by a fire under the open skies being kept warm from the chilly wintry winds whilst lost within the pages of an especially good book, the ocean had claimed his heart from a young age. Due to this, even after he had moved away from his hometown, the scent of salt water would always cause him to reminisce on his younger years.

2009 - 2018

By now, Sako's father would have entered his retirement, entrusting his company to Sako's elder brother, who had already moved away. Of course, being the generous man that Hiroto was, he had set aside a separate fund for both of his sons' education. Upon graduating high school Chiba Municipal Inage at the age of eighteen, Sako would leave home and move to the great city of Karakura where he would begin his college life. Fortunately, he wasn't alone in this new city, having moved in with his elder brother, his brother's wife and their children. Sako took pride in being an uncle, helping around the house and with the children as much as he possibly could in those years. He would have put the utmost priority upon his studies. Although, whilst in education he would take up on a few part time jobs in order to help him fund his own expenses. Around two years into his qualification, a new family would have moved to Karakura. This family would have been his own fathers acquaintances, having worked together many years prior on a business proposal. The father of this family would have approached Sako, offering him a job babysitting his children. Whilst none of Sako's previous part time jobs had included childcare, he had always had a soft spot for children and had hopes of becoming a father himself some day so he eagerly accepted the proposition. One of the children he babysat was, at the time, a girl with fiery ginger curls. Whilst certainly a wild rambunctious child, the two created a sibling-like bond. After he graduated and began his search for more stable employment, he kept close ties with the family and still volunteered to look after his honorary sibling whenever he could, even taking her along with him to various concert tours. Unfortunately, when the girl had turned sixteen, her birth parents were no longer fit to care for her. Sako wished to take her in and adopt her as his own, yet he believed he wasn't at a stable enough point in his life to do that. He had only been a college graduate for a few years, and was still yet to find secure long term employment. Though, he knew he couldn't just leave her. Instead, he went to his elder brother (who already had plenty of children of his own) with a request. It would've taken a lot of convincing, however he was able to persuade his brother to adopt her, becoming her adoptive Uncle. He had fully entrusted her care to his brother who he had looked up to since he was young.

2019 - Present Day.

In early 2019, Sako would have moved away for a period of time. He had been accepted for a job he had applied for back in his childhood hometown, a teaching position back at his old highschool in Chiba Prefect. He stayed in this position for three years, putting in utmost effort. During this time, he improved all matters of his life. He gained great experience and improved his finances, having been adamant about being independent from his family.

He is thankful to this job for giving him the vital experience that would help shape all future careers, although he opted for leaving that position to instead move back to Karakura, where he settled back in and decided to take the next big steps in his life. He had always had great respect for the school in this town and after some contemplation, he decided to apply for a receptionist role. He has always enjoyed helping to shape young minds, so a position among the school's faculty would be ideal for him. His reasoning for this specific role would be due to how social he is.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

I have always admired those who work in academics. The thought of being able to put in the work in order to help broaden the minds of our great towns future leaders has always been an aspect I have had great interest in. Not only this, I am eager to be able to fulfil each of my assigned duties, whether it is touring a visitor around the school, interacting with the students to make their high school and college lives as memorable as possible.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

In my childhood hometown, located in Chiba Prefecture, I had taken a minor teaching position there for the duration of three years. It has given me great experience with not only working with young minds, but also has helped me to realize my passion in working in any form of academics, even if I am striving to take up a slightly different position.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I personally believe that I should be accepted over the other applicants due to my hard working nature. I strive to always give my best, and have a passion for helping others. I have also played on SRP for quite a long time, though at times staying within the same position as a student can become limiting. However, if I was to become a school employee, it would open up so many new roleplay opportunities for my character.

────────────

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

As of writing this, there are no additional notes aside from thank you for reading through this.

Do you have any questions?:

I do not currently have any questions, however If I have any, I will make sure to ask on the help section of the Academics discord server. Thank you!

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Receptionist! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread