mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Replacing Posters Around School With Custom Furniture!

Oliverium

Level 62
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Oliverium
What's the title of your suggestion?: Replacing Posters Around School With Custom Furniture!

What's your suggestion?:
The title:
Background - Those glass plane + chain made posters you see around school with signs of "join journalism" and "SPARTANS "The greatest"
What to do - What if we put custom posters there instead? (like club rooms)
You've noticed the posters in the hospital right? Yeah, take stuff like that but put them in school.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Would make KHS more customized and it'll look cool.

ErikFinster

Level 175
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I've already walked around town and made tons of screenshots of all the different signs that could be replaced with an actual furniture - but it's A LOT and my list of custom requests is already really long. So I'm keeping those in the backhand probably for 2025, maybe.

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable

Reason: I have explained everything in my suggestion regarding furnitures ->

ErikFinster

Level 175
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+

Reason: I have explained everything in my suggestion regarding furnitures ->

+1

My quest to fill the server with bountiful furniture sees us at different sides of this conflict.
You're on the side of disciplined abstinence and I'm on the side of laggy opulence. (૭ 。•̀ ᵕ •́。 )૭
Are you my nemesis now? How does this work? Should we battle this out like the old gods?

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
+1

My quest to fill the server with bountiful furniture sees us at different sides of this conflict.
You're on the side of disciplined abstinence and I'm on the side of laggy opulence. (૭ 。•̀ ᵕ •́。 )૭
Are you my nemesis now? How does this work? Should we battle this out like the old gods?

I have even mentioned you as main Villain of SRP in my suggestion but Staff thought i’m blaming you… :(

Leo_14

Level 34
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
very neutral - it isn't exactly needed, plus the signs around the map are interactive custom items aren't although it would be nice visually!

ErikFinster

Level 175
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I have even mentioned you as main Villain of SRP in my suggestion but Staff thought i’m blaming you… :(
Hahaha - I imagine it like this:

1725059352326.png

ANYWAYS!
Back to topic!

I would probably prioritize School Grounds and the Train Stations - since these are often visited and have a lot of these signs!
It definitely adds to the immersive feeling, having a real Spartan Poster or some explicit Advertisements hanging in public spaces!
While I agree with Leo, that it's a low priority - I am thinking about replacing these since last year. Not sure how the build team sees this though.

Iris.fi

Level 37
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich

too lazy to write proper sentences so i collected my main issues w this
- if you're a certain distance away (which might change with pcs idk im not rich i play on 1 pc), the entire custom model doesn't load at all leaving an empty spot!!! so whereas you can see blocks from any distance, the custom furniture only appears when you're close by which isn't very ideal for posters that should be seen a bit farther away, both in the city or the school
- furniture lags idk about you guys but me and half of my friend group have issues with lag thanks to the furniture and honestly considering all my points i dont think the extra lag is worth it for some more immersion
- also no shade but i think the block posters look nicer bc the custom furniture stands out too much against the regular vanilla world
- not necessary like at all

Last edited:

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable

too lazy to write proper sentences so i collected my main issues w this
- if you're a certain distance away (which might change with pcs idk im not rich i play on 1 pc), the entire custom model doesn't load at all leaving an empty spot!!! so whereas you can see blocks from any distance, the custom furniture only appears when you're close by which isn't very ideal for posters that should be seen a bit farther away, both in the city or the school
- furniture lags idk about you guys but me and half of my friend group have issues with lag thanks to the furniture and honestly considering all my points i dont think the extra lag is worth it for a few extra
- also no shade but i think the block posters look nicer bc the custom furniture stands out too much against the regular vanilla world
- not necessary like at all
This is exactly what i mentioned in my suggestion regarding furnitures performance issues, but everyone said they did not have any performance issues. I recommend to check it out if you’re interested, as this is becoming an bigger problem for players with low end pcs (not only, for people with medium end pcs aswell, like me)

DarkEclipic

Level 181
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1
maybe like one or two on each floor for each side by the stairs! Maybe not ALL of the posters but some of the bobcats/spartan ones!

robinzee

Level 34
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I disagree with adding more non-essential furniture to the spaces... as has already been said, it's all barreling down to a performance meltdown on some people's machines, including my own.

Miamorchito

Level 31
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+

I do not believe this is a necessary thing that needs to change. As it is being mentioned, players are having performance issues already, most of them around areas like the hospital, where you based your example. Now, I gotta ask, why not just put a sign? This problem will end up being entirely for aesthetic purposes and not for functionality or any issues that would need to be tackled.

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll swap some of the posters out with custom furniture​

Users who are viewing this thread