Yippie_

Level 2
Yipp1e
Yipp1e
Fundraiser+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
Snailchase
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?: Homunculus#8128 is my username and I do have a mic
List your timezone and country: I live in the United States, and my time zone is est
Describe your activity: I try to get on whenever I can, for the most part I am on in the afternoon time as I tend to work mornings, mainly around the time where people would be going to and leaving school. I’ve kept this activity up for about a year and a half on this server and the only times I’d say I would be less active would be during holiday seasons, emergencies or sickness.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below: none

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I want to apply for reporter because I want to be able to spread the lore of karakura more. As someone who has been on srp for a long time I tend to find it hard at points to even keep track of all lore situations and main plot points. In a way I want to be able to make it simpler for people to understand that a horrible situation occurred that wasn’t shown in chat, gang meetups car shows etc. flash events and such have a lot of potential yet aren’t shown a lot, as a reporter I want to spread news all around karakura in a way that people will know what to look out for.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?: I have alot of experience with writing, I use to play alot of dungeons and dragons when I was younger, I was the person who made up campaigns and situations for people, this included at points finding information and facts throughout the world in the form of wall writing, the occasional whisper back and forth and even the news. Writing holds a special place in my heart, and I want to be able to flourish it more on this server.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?: yes, I completely understand and will continue to understand the rules shown and given too me.

Why should we accept you over others?
: I feel I should be accepted over others because of my history with writing, I’ve been writing world building stories, lore papers and other bits of news for years, I’ve learned to understand that you can’t write a piece with any bias, as it will greatly affect the outcome of the piece, knowing this I am prepared to write about information, and keep any names in a neutral factor of positive or negative.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
yes I understand, I would be writing more for information not for gossip.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, i feel i can continue to make ideas about what to report on in karakura and i can keep any deadlines i should have to set for myself.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
as a reporter, I imagine going out and going to meetings such as court cases to see the outcome, any casualties like the recent fire of the town hall in order to report on it, or simple interviews with important figures of karakura or even bystanders that may have seen something they want to report. My basic and main knowledge of it is to keep people informed of the town they live in.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Leon Kostopoulous
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) Mr

Current Age (25+): 42

Past job/work experience:
I use to be a ghost writer for a few famous people, I won’t disclose the names but it was a very fun time, I also was an assistant to a archeologist for awhile, it was a truly fun time exploring the world as I did.
Degree/qualifications:
I’m a high school graduate obviously I also have a bachelor degree in Journalism from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece, I also have a minor in archeology but I don’t really have a use for it anymore.

Nationality and born location: I was born in Pireas, a port city in Greece. I am Greek American.

Phone Number: 030-590-4899

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I’d say i’m a guy to easily get use too, if that makes sense. I’m a bit old but honestly I get what people want, I’m more of just a quiet listener type of guy, get the job done and such but that doesn’t mean I hate fun you know? I just like to get my job done quickly and easily, I love my job, I don’t care for credit, knowledge is power and such, I believe that’s how the phrase goes. But not to worry, I’m sure I can tell everyone more about myself if I get the position, I’d be happy to take everyone out for some drinks or something, maybe bowling.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I like to think outside the box when it comes to my writing, I always make sure to get the point across when I write but writing about the basics isn’t very fun dont you think. People run the town, people run gangs, schools, government without a persons opinion on a subject conflict wouldn’t occur, without conflict no change, without change means a barren town. I want to write about the voices of the people, what drives them and what they do and see in the everyday life of a town like Karakura. I’d like to hear the voices of everyone, what people believe and what should be changed, slowly being able to grasp this town and the information in it, from interviews with a citizen about school to even a officer about the rise of violence, my time as a ghost writer made me realize that everyone has a story, and the community is what builds a story and I’m ready to put that out in the world if they want it to be.

What are your expectations for the job?:
my expectations for this job is to well, write. Let me explain, I’m. It here to write a story people will read once and then forget, I’m here to write something that’ll really stick, they’ll look at the piece and think to themselves “is this really the town I’m living in”. Life is full of so much story, stories of history lay everywhere and to think some people don’t know anything while others know too much is sad in a way. I expect myself to be able to keep people informed and continue to keep them informed, I expect things to actually happen, I expect to meet people I wouldn’t even believe were people, I expect to hear the stories of people that feel they can’t tell there story. I want to be the one too help tell the story, because everyone deserves a voice.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below
: no criminal record under my belt.
Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese
Greek

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

Animal wildlife in Karakura vs the people.

Karakura is a flourishing town filled with many different areas to explore. The town is bustling with things, like the auction house, a club to go dance with friends, a place to bowl and get some food, and one of the biggest parts of the city, the forest. The forest is filled with many wonderful things, the monastery resides up on the mountainside, a fireplace to go and sit with friends talking about stories and doing whatever you please, and much more. But with all these great things comes some dangers, this being A place where dangerous animals reside; bears. The nature of karakura never fails to amaze, the many different animals include: dolphins, bears, raccoons, frogs, you name it. Animals like these can be a wonder to look at, but they are also very dangerous.

Every day people will wander into the forest with friends, whether it be to go sit by the pond and fish or just to explore, and yet a lot of these adventures end up in a specific area of the forest, the bear cave. The bear cave in Karakura has always been known as where the bears reside, surrounded by forest and also the slowly increasing expansion of buildings. With a lot of these adventures ending up by the bear cave they lead to yet another journey, the people journeying into the cave. It’s always been said in nature that animals are more afraid of us then we are of them, so what do you imagine happens when a person enters the bear cave that house a bear mother and her cubs, the bear will make the decision of flight or fight, and this choice will usually always be fight.

Karakura will always have violence, it’s hard to admit, but this town is a town filled with it, and yet some of this violence can be avoided so easily, by simply not entering into an animal's habitat. Paint this scenario in your head. You are a bystander wandering the forest looking for adventure when you suddenly come across a cave. The cave looks beat up filled with a ungodly smell of god knows what so what you believe you must do is explore it. You enter the cave as the stench grows worse and worse in your nostrils. But now the sight of bones from other animals can already be seen, and yet you continue. You enter deep enough into the cave and there you see it, a bear and her cub and, at this point, the bear has made its decision. It strikes you, slashes you across your chest as you run out of the cave it chases, you run away far enough to be able to call for help and soon help arrives. You may be wondering what help they will give. They’ll treat your wounds and get you therapy if you need, and after all that is done, the bear is killed, shot to death due to its violent tendencies, the bear cub is left to starve as it never learned to hunt and slowly dies in the cave as-well.

This is a repeating loop when it comes to the people and animals. People become curious and enter an animal's habitat. It doesn’t just have to be a bear, it can be any animal. The animal defends its territory and then is shot and killed. Now with the situation painted in your mind, think of this. Is this any different than what people do? A person enters your home and the intruder is killed. This is self-defense. A person enters a bear cave and the bear defends its home. The bear is then shot and killed. You may be thinking the only difference in this is that one is a mindless animal, it doesn’t know any better. But yet you do. A person should know better to not enter a place not made for them, and yet this cycle continues. Slowly, animals are killed because their territory is messed with.

With this I leave you one final question. Next time you see the bear cave, the smell of decaying meat and unwashed fur coming from it, will you enter? This is Leon K, leaving you with this to think of. Have a great night.

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Shrine Priest talks about the possible spiritual incidents in October
Lk = Leon Kostopolous
Sp= Shrine Priest
Hello, and welcome all of Karakura, this is Leon Kostopoulous here with one of the fantastic priests of the monastery, I am here to disclose on the events that occurred as of this year in October, let’s begin shall we.

! The recording would begin, bows and small greetings would be given as the two sat !

LK
: let me just start off by saying, your shrine here is really phenomenal, how have you been doing up here, I’m sure it can get pretty cold in the December time

SP: It does get pretty cold up here yes, but it’s quaint and nice, I really do love living up here however the snow can be quite annoying.

LK: I’ve never been a fan of snow myself, even when I was living in Greece, it snows a lot around December there too. Now, excuse my sudden shift in topic however, I wanted to ask you about something more your style, spirits and ghosts, a lot of people in Karakura have shifted opinions on spirits some say they don’t believe and some do, it’s a mixed basket in a way, especially due to the sudden.. events to occur this October, now I was just wondering what you may be able to tell us about that, if you don’t mind me asking.

SP: ah yes, the incidents of October, it was a true tragedy to occur. I feel deep sorrow for all involved and I wish we could’ve done something about it sooner.

LK: done something about it sooner? So you’re saying that things have been cleared up, excuse me for assuming however I just may be a bit confused.

SP: the spirits who did haunt the forest have been sealed, they are of no threat to us anymore as of now from my knowledge, each of the seals are very secure and we make sure to go and pray to them each week.

LK: that is very good news to hear, I’m thankful for you keeping us safe and in general all of your service. So now, you said something about sealing? How would something like that work in this scenario.

SP: to explain it simply, the spirits involved refused to go and pass on due to the hatred it felt towards us as people, we aren’t too sure on why they were so against us but me and the other staff are trying to figure it out. Since we weren’t able to get the spirits to pass on, we had to seal them away in disclosed locations around the forest.

LK: a hatred towards people? Would you mind clarifying on that, why would they hate us, I’ve lived here for a pretty long time and I do understand that some times the town does face trouble with people but I don’t believe anyone has harmed them, although I could be wrong.

SP: well, we aren’t sure if they truly hated us in specific, we believe it was from past events involving the monastery.

LK: I’d like to touch on that in a moment but before we do I wanted to ask you more of the spirits, specifically what kind of spirits and the total amount of them.

SP: sadly, I don’t remember all of them off the top of my head so excuse me about that but, I’m Shintoism, a yokai is what we refer to a evil kami, which some may call a devil. As of my knowledge, these were not yokai, these were a strange spirit that could physically harm people. And as for the amount of them, I remember around 6 off the top of my head. One had the form of a headless horsemen, one looked like the clown from a movie, I believe called It? One was from another movie, scream I believe. And then two siblings and suspected leader.

! The sounds of throat clearing, followed by quick scribbles on a notepad!

LK
: You said siblings? And a leader? Do you know the names of these three? Or any information in general about the total 6

SP: So, the leader of the spirits had a goal, the goal to gain a physical body in order to take over however that was quickly halted, this one was name nikoshima. As for the two siblings they both showed a peculiar relationship towards one another, they have now been separated and sealed away. The older sibling, the one who was full of the most hatred and evil, we are unsure of the name however, the younger sister was named Yuna, she is a sweetheart and has helped us a lot here at the shrine

LK: Is you say? Forgive me if I am once again just reading words too closely, but is she still around?

SP: yes actually! Yuna was never sealed away due to her showing no hatred at all, we believe her to be a kami with an appearance, as said before some information we are still trying to piece together but in due time we should have complete knowledge of all the events this October.

LK: oh no worries of course, I’m glad to even discuss this with you at all and I greatly appreciate it. Before we wrap things up I wanted to bring back an earlier point you said, how the spirits may hate due to past things from the monastery, do you mind telling me about it?

SP: well, it’s not hidden knowledge that the first monastery built here was burnt down by a priest who believed the town didn’t deserve the kami however, before the place was burnt down the kami who resides here actually became a yokai! Due to Karakura expanding more away from the shrine the Kami here grew angry from loneliness and grew resentment towards the citizens causing the town to be cursed with storm.

LK: that really explains a lot, I can’t go outside my house without an umbrella, it’s constant rain or snowfall every day. So you said the Kami became a yokai? I thought that meant the Kami was evil, how does it still reside here?

SP: thanks to citizens and others the monastery was rebuilt and we were able to cherish the yokai again, returning it to its Kami form where it now resides with us here at the shrine.

LK: amazing, I really appreciate all you’ve told me, I believe that is all of my questions, do you have anything you’d like to say?

SP: To the people watching this, feel free to visit the monastery! I will make sure to make everyone tea to warm themselves.

LK: I think I’ll take you up on that offer, thanks again for sitting with me and I hope you and the staff here have a great day.

! The recording would stop !

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!
Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application!

Users who are viewing this thread