atjayy

Account I’m applying on:
buriedlovers

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
jayy#7777 - I have a microphone :3, I’m just a bit shy

List your timezone and country:
MST - America

Describe your activity:
I’m a decently active player, typically on a few hours a day, everyday. Some days, however, I’ll be on more than hours. It really depends, though.
– – – –
I have four accounts in total - atjayy, loredevil, luvnjayy, and buriedlovers (the one i'm applying on.) All three of the other accounts play a major role in the server, such as one being a doctor account, while the other one is apart of the Female Bobcats Volleyball Team. I’m active on all four of my accounts, but the one i’m applying on is new, so the playtime is low. - All together, though, I’ve been on the server for over a year and a half? - I’m coming up on two years soon. I’ve been fairly active throughout the last two years, only really taking small breaks in between.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
In all honesty, I just received a ban the other day for a complete misunderstanding. The ban, originally 14 days, was lifted after being active for 2 hours. I can elaborate more via DMs if needed. The appeal was accepted almost right after I posted it. Here is the link:

Ban Appeal - Accepted

Other than that, I have a clean record that only consists of one warning from a while ago.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

Priest App | Council
Media | Event
Doctor

Teacher ??

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I’ve taken an interest in the Servers Report, finding myself rereading them when I’m bored. The faction itself has amazing writers - unique individuals with a passion for writing. I’d like to join, not only to experience a change in my writing, but to make friends and experience a whole new way of roleplaying. - As someone who’s fallen in love with writing, I find this faction to be the best fitting to me, and to my style of writing.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

SRP Related
In all honesty, I only took an interest in writing after starting my journey on the server. It started off as a joke, expecting it to go nowhere, but now it’s more of a daily thing. Most of my writing is personal, and more kept to myself. - Some of these examples include stories of characters I’ve completely designed and developed myself, or based on one previously. I’m currently in the midst of writing a huge document on a singular character.. I think it’s sort of fun!

Other
When it comes to writing I’ve made outside of the community of SRP, or writing unrelated to the server, there isn’t a whole lot I’ve done, other than trash a few book projects - either because of boredom, or I never got anywhere with them. The thought of starting up another project has surfaced in my mind for a while, but for now, I’m more focused on writing for the server, rather than something unrelated.

I use writing as a form of comfort, using the thoughts in my head, and laying them out on the screen in front of me. Ever since I was a kid, I often found myself writing short stories on things I wanted to be growing up .. You know - a hero, a villain..? A famous person - I truly had an obsession with it, and ever since then, I haven’t stopped.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Of course. I’ll review them myselves before diving into the depths of the faction for myself.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I’m a fairly active player with an overall clean record. I’ve been a part of multiple teams and factions, and only strive for more. I’ve been told countless times that the way I write and organize my writing itself is completely unique. I’m fun to be around, and I’m constantly striving to do better - friendly competitions between my friends, sort of thing. An opportunity is always knocking at the door, why not take it? Spending time on EMS, as well as other sports teams has made me a better roleplay, and someone to connect with by role playing. Wanna watch someone give it their all? You found the guy.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes. I don’t hold a grudge against anyone OOCly, and if I did, it remains out of the server. When it comes to ICly though, the character I’m applying for respects any and all individuals, and understands the morals and objectives of Karakura’s ‘Groups.’

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Of course. I already keep track of it on my other accounts, managing a new one won’t be a challenge.

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Seems rather simple, though, it can be a challenge at times. Reporters are responsible for finding topics to write about, sending it off for the people to view. A lot of research, and willingness, is put into this position. - Conducting an interview with one or more people, asking and answering questions given. Oh, and working as a team. . That comes first.
TERUUUU.png

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Teruyoshi Mizoroge

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Mr.
(Mister)

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:

After completing my time at Hibiya High school, I found myself bouncing from city to city, looking for any jobs at any given opportunity. Shortly after High School, I began my first session of College, so I never had the time for a job.

21-27
I was a bartender for a local bar during my studies in Tokyo. A small part-time job.. Worked for a family member at the time while I attended college. Nothing too serious, worked 5-6 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. Got bored of it eventually, so I decided to leave. This was around the time when I had received my first College Degree

27-31
Before my arrival in Karakura, I held a position as a full time Private Tutor at one of the Local High Schools in Tokyo. It wasn’t the biggest deal, since I was assigned to help students with their classwork, or other school related work. I had just received my Bachelor’s degree, so I needed time to prepare for the near future.

31-34
Shortly after my time serving as a private tutor, I quickly picked up the work of a Journalist. For now, I currently reside in Tokyo, Japan, writing out bits for the local news article. I write my own stories, publishing them outside of work for the public eye.

Degree/qualifications:
A masters in Communication, and a Bachelors in Journalism

Nationality and born location:
Japanese - Kyoto, Japan

Phone Number:
(030) - 163 -5821

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I’m outstanding. I have a passion for writing, and I’m great with communication. I’m someone you can trust - to go to when things go south. A golden egg in a chicken pen.. You name it. I strive to be the best I can be, and support the others around me. With the help of my team, I aim for the highest. As some say.. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

(77 words)

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

Whatever sets my heart ablaze.

Oh, the folklore of the city, perhaps.. Only a joke. One of the things I love about the city is the change of events, and how literally anything can happen at any time. . Or maybe it's the small posts that drag the citizens in even further, luring them into the story as I write it out. My writing tends to attract the eyes of even the highest of all. While some topics are heavier on me, I imagine myself in a different place - letting my body handle the writing, while I’m adventuring in a different lifetime.. All while perfecting my art.

I’ll achieve my dream of being the best damn reporter you’ll ever see, and it all starts with the citizens. Without the feedback, I’d be nowhere.

What are your expectations for the job?:
Relatively simple, though depending on the location, a bit hard at times. - Planning and plotting; find something to write about, how I’ll write it and send it off to the public. I’m expected to write news articles for the citizens to read, and conduct interviews throughout Karakura.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
N/a . . Unless stealing from the corner store counts..

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Jin, Japanese

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

Housing Crisis?

[IMAGE]

“Welcome to Karakura!”

Good evening, Karakura! Teruyoshi Mizoroge here with YOUR local news. Today’s topic - A housing crisis in Karakura..??

[IMAGE]

New to Karakura? Here to settle in for yourself, and experience a different way of life? Well, Karakura is here to provide that! That is.. If you can snag a place for yourself. Seems like Karakura’s a bit overcrowded.. Wouldn’t you agree? - Over the years, Karakura has skyrocketed with people - immigration to its finest.

[IMAGE]

With the lack of housing, overpopulation has become a huge problem in our city. Houses, apartment complexes, even tower floors, are overrun with residents. - With immigration, comes inflation. Let’s talk about the pricings. Over the years, studies show that the rent of a small apartment costs two, even three, times the price of how it was way, way back then.

I’ve pulled aside a few citizens of Karakura to ask them their thoughts on this topic, which I’ve transferred onto paper.
– – –
“Yeah, I mean.. This city is full of life and entertainment, but man.. I’ve seen friends living underneath a stairwell before.” - [?]

– – –
“Ahhh… Jeeeez. It took me months to even find an affordable place nearby . . I'll never forget those nights I slept on someone's couch.. Or had to break in to get away from the cold.” - Shinobu Uehara

– – –
“You’d think they’d do something about this! With the winter temperatures around the corner, and the snow barricading some of us inside, you’d think they’d be prepared for something like this.. Man, the people of this city..” - [?]

– – –
“Heya, local Doctor here! - I, myself, don’t have an issue with my current living conditions, but it's the patients that come in that bother me the most. I’ve caught some of them bundled up on the couch with their belongings, or hiding out on a floor to avoid crossing paths with one of us. I confronted one before he ran off.. He had nowhere to stay, and was only in for the night. The cold seemed to have bothered him.. I hope everythings well.” - Vladimeru Zmijewski

– – –
“We need more houses! What do they do with the money we’ve given to them? Why isn’t it for good use - wasted on the school. My students need a place to turn to when they leave my classroom, not couch hopping from house to house. It’s so unfair.” [?]

[IMAGE]

Thank you all for your attention today - a rather short report, but quite important. - Now, I have a question for you all. What do you think we, the people of Karakura, can do about this? Will this be an issue we can solve together, or is this something kept in the hands of our Government?

– – –

This is Teruyoshi Mizoroge signing off!

Any questions or concerns? Forward them to us at (xxx)-xxx-xxxx, or message us on our OnRain - xxxxxxxx

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Paranormalities

[!] A camera started rolling, revealing a middle aged man, and a younger woman across from him. A lovely scenery - a peaceful aura. Nothing too strange, yeah? [!]

TM:
“Heya, Karakura. Welcome back to the podcast, directed by yours truly, Teruyoshi Mizoroge. On today’s episode, I’ve brought along a youngster - tell me, what's your name, age, and occupation?”

[!] A rather long pause, before the woman spoke. A disheveled appearance, stringing her words along by a slur. For some reason, the aura seemed.. Haunting. Fitting, for the topic though.[!]

CK:
“. . Chiba Kamealoha. I’m just a student at the local school.. I’m 18 years old.”

TM:
“Hello, Miss Kamealoha. - I’ve pulled you aside to ask a set of questions, as well as answer any of yours. . Are you familiar with the paranormal activity within Karakura? Have you experienced any of it first-hand?”

[!] Another long, painful pause coming from Chiba. Her head rose - eyes connecting with the camera’s. Held a small microphone in her left hand.. Was she scared? [!]

CK:
“I’ve heard.. About ghosts and shit like that..” [!] A sigh, before: [!] “I’m a follower of Satanism, so my entire personality is based on paranormal activity.. And the things that go bump in the night. But..”

[!] Chiba had finally pulled her head away from the camera’s line of vision, now setting it on Teruyoshi’s. The blood in her face faded away - Chiba herself.. Looked like a ghost. [!]

CK:
“A while ago, right around the time Halloween came around . . My little sister and I were attacked in the abandoned train station under the city. . We were trapped in there, and.. Experienced a haunting.”

TM:
“Can you elaborate a bit further on that topic? What did you see. . Hear? Who else was there with you?”

[!] Chiba hesitated momentarily, before nodding her head. [!]

CK:
“A huge group of kids, and.. Two shrine workers.. Yeah, two. I caught a glimpse of the ghosts as they ran by.. They were loud - screaming and chanting about us trespassing. I just.. Wanted to see the view.”

TM:
“Alright. . What did the Ghosts look like? I believe there were students involved in an accident many years back - do you believe they could’ve been the ones you saw?”

CK:
“I dunno.. I never bothered reading the news.. Especially if it involved ghosts..”

[!] Teruyoshi paused - displaying a look of worry, he positioned himself on the couch he was positioned in. [!]

TM:
“Apologies, my dear. I understand a topic like this is.. Upsetting.. We can end the interview if you’d like, hm?”

[!] Another silent filled room, following Mizoroge's response. Chiba waved a dismissive hand - covered by the cloth from her hoodie.

CK:
“It’s okay. . I feel like getting this off my chest - I’ve been so closed in since it happened.”

TM:
“Mmm.. Tell me, Miss Kamealoha, have you experienced any other paranormal related activities throughout the city? Perhaps.. That one classroom in the College Campus, hm? I’ve heard a bit about it.”

CK:
“Ah jeez… There’s a lot. A stranger, now fiance, at the time, experienced quite a bit himself. He tells me stories about it - I’m sure he’ll be telling them to our.. Family in the future!”

[!] The brooding girl’s face immediately lit up - well, at least she was human. In response, Teruyoshi reflected a smile back. [!]

TM:
“Right. Can you tell me exactly what he felt, heard, and possibly saw at the time”

[!] If you hadn’t noticed before, Teruyoshi was already intrigued by such a topic - the responses..
Oh, but now he was fully invested.. Teruyoshi sat up from his slouched stature.[!]

CK:
“Mm.. Well, he said he’s been possessed before - multiple times actually! From the way he puts it.. It’s like a lucid dream.. Or more of a coma, but you’re actually aware.., you know? A total of four possessions, each left him in so much physical pain.. Poor, poor baby..” [!] A pause. [!] “Mm.. Apparently he’s.. Hurt other students during his possession. He doesn’t recall much of it, but judging by the face of the people around him.. Yeah.”

[!] By now, the gut-stabbing aura lifted, and a smile formed across Chiba’s face. The worry she had - everything eating at her, lifted with it. [!]

TM:
“Do you believe the spirits in Karakura are here to cause us harm?”

[!] Teruyoshi kept it short and simple - Chiba stole the spotlight, but who would’ve cared.. This was a real show. - In response, Chiba followed up with an affirmed nod.[!]

CK:
“Mm.. I believe they’re just misguided.. And misunderstood beyond belief. The people of this city taunt them.. As if the ghosts themselves weren't human. I don’t think they’re here to harm us, really.. If anything, they just want to be left alone, resting in peace like they would’ve wanted.”

TM:
“One more question, Miss Kamealoha. . Can we, the people of Karakura, communicate with the spirits of the land? Can we rid them of the world?”

CK:

“Something like this is inevitable, a natural phenomenon, if you’d say. No matter what we do, or say, there’ll never be a World without spirits. - In my personal opinion, and the opinion of most, our best option is to let them be - to roam the streets of Karakura.. The world. They were here before us, after all.”

[!] Following up on the previous answer, Teruyoshi prepared his closing. He stood, Chiba in pursuit, cleaning the around him. He spoke to the girl, before facing the camera: [!]

TM:
“Thank you for taking the time out of your day to partake in today's podcast!” - [!] The turn. [!] “To the people of Karakura, I hope you take this as a message. - Teruyoshi Mizoroge signing out.”

[!] The recording came to an end. [!]

(3k words)

I wasn't entirely sure if I could use photos or not in these prompts!

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application!

Users who are viewing this thread