juliiets
juliiets
Omega+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
filmanya
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?: anya!#0828
List your timezone and country: USA, CST
Describe your activity: I usually am one to be on for hours in a day, in the afternoons and later at night especially.
Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below: N/A
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages): N/A

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?: I wish to excel my writing experience even more, especially for further expertise as I get ready to write and publish my first novel. I cherish writing more than anything, and becoming a reporter would be an absolute pleasure to have.
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?: I’m an author - with a parent being an author as well. I grew up in the world of writing, starting with small poems around the age of 4, continuing into writing professionally now. I attend classes specific to writing, I have my own novel soon to be published, as well as writing for apps (such as Wattpad being one.)
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?: Of course - every rule will stay closely set for myself, and I will continue to follow those rules given.
Why should we accept you over others?: My spirit for writing is truly like no other. Nothing makes me more motivated and secure than writing, as it’s something I do every hour of every day, whether it be within roleplay, my novel, or just a simple prompt for school I write.
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.): I understand that entirely.
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?: I trust that entirely about myself, yes.
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
A reporter’s work, in simplicity, would be going out and working within a certain field of research given to them, writing what they’ve gotten from said research, and publishing it for others to see.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:
Anita Solas-Yōko
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr): Anita or Lucia, Ms. Yōko
Current Age (25+): 26
Past job/work experience: Judge for the Provincial Court in Spain.
Degree/qualifications: Law and Literature.
Nationality and born location: Japanese-Vietnamese / Karakura, Japan - Though, lived in Valencia, Spain, my entire life.
Phone Number: 030-851-8895

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?: I generally find myself to be quite solicitous to people around me. My first instinct when seeing anyone is to make sure their wellbeing is stable, and if they’re answer is in the negative, make sure to care for them the best I can. Along with being solicitous, I’m entirely straightforward - I don’t hesitate to get to the point in writing, or in verbal ways. While I do have a gentle spirit, I truly do get straight to the point, and don’t mind being blunt if absolutely needed.
What are you interested in writing about?: I’d love to write about the crime and the crimestoppers of Karakura - the criminals, the KPD, and the ones who take them both to trial - it’s always piqued my interest, the way that both sides of the field work.
How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?: I’d not mind going to certain places - especially of danger - in order to speak to and interview the ones of my interested field of research. If this requires me to step out of my comfort zone, I wouldn’t mind doing that whatsoever. Stepping out of it would be entirely necessary within being a reporter, and if need be, I’ll push my own personal boundaries and opinions for a report.
What are your expectations for the job?: I’d expect the people who are above me, give me the instruction needed to begin my research and reporting. I’d expect needing to write a certain amount of reports every month, which wouldn’t be an issue, considering writing is one of the main things of my personal life.
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below: It wasn’t considered a crime, as I was not detained, but I have fought before at times in order to defend myself or others.
Fluent Languages (Underline your native): Japanese, JSL, Spanish

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - THE CRIME OF KARAKURA
Karakura, while a very modern, technological town, it also has its downsides - the main of which, is crime. Multiple gangs - Akihito, Bonten, Anarchy, Forelli - run the island and its underground complexities. They are not afraid of law or justice, they just like getting their own way, and go through everything and nothing just to accomplish that. So you can imagine how things would work in the city itself. People who have been here for some time tend to stay put, they don't want to start anything, they just want to survive. The rest are either criminals looking for any opportunities - trying to make money in any form. They all have something to hide - from themselves and anyone else, including the police. And when you live in a city of the underworld, it doesn't take much at all to get someone on your trail. The police are the ones with power over those who work the underground, though - not always - do they manage to bust the ones who run. Those gangs aren't afraid of the law, but they're aware that if a crime gets out of hand, the cops will step in and make sure the culprits are caught without escape, no matter the lengths they might have to go to succeed.

#2 - INTERVIEW
Question One : How long have you been in Karakura? — It has been only a few short months, but worth every second of being here. I’ve found nothing but happiness!
Question Two : Why are you so passionate in being a reporter? — Writing is one of the biggest parts of my life. Writing reports only continues to burn my passion, and it brings absolute bliss to me.
Question Three : What’s your history with writing? — I’ve written a lot of my life, from when I lived in Spain to the present point in time.
Question Four : Have you ever dealt with crime here, personally? — Yes - I once had to defend my younger brother after he was hurt in a fight, though it was one against five, so of course, we did not succeed.
Question Five : What interests you most about a reporter’s career? — I think the diversity in reporting - it could be anything from education to crime, and multiple things in between.
Question Six : What interests you least about the same career? — Possibly the chance of not being able to report often, as there are other reporters, which it is understandable as to not be able to report as often as being a single reporter.
Question Seven : What all comes from this job that you adore? — There’s nothing I don’t adore, truly. The job itself, the field, the motivation - all of it truly means the world to me.
Question Eight : What is your strength in writing? — I’m quite the decent writer. I’ve written small prompts before, and I read from others’ writing to get more inspiration to keep my own writings going.
Question Nine : What might be your weaknesses? — It might be difficult to write about sensitive topics - such as certain types of crime like murder. That’s always been a sensitivity to me due to my sister’s passing here, though if needed, I can write on it.
Question Ten : What are you looking for in this position? — The happiness that comes from my brain onto paper.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
DENIED

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM Aania#0117 if you have any queries about the application

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread