Level 4
szzsss
szzsss
Rich

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

lurics

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I do have discord and a microphone, although sometimes I may not speak as much!
My current tag is ‘london.view’ and my original one was london.view#3742.

List your timezone and country:
My time zone is PST (Pacific Standard Time) and I'm currently located within the US.

Describe your activity:
Throughout my time on SRP, I’ve been a part of a few sports teams, some of which I currently still reside on, and that causes my activity to automatically allow me to be online more than usual. That being said, I'm able to continuously play if I need to, and have no problem with doing so. Not only that, but I personally enjoy the server and love playing with my friends, along with discovering new things and learning what I can about it. While I will be starting up school again while in the faction, I don't believe this will be a problem and I'll be able to do what I can to make sure I get what I need to finished.
I list the times that I normally log onto SRP during the school year, although this might change.
[Weekends] - Active, online frequently for hours at a time.
[Weekdays] - Join around 4:00pm - 6:00pm PST. Never in the morning.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
N/A

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
[College][M][Football] - londonview
[Grade-12] - lurics
─────────
[PENDING] (?) Shopkeeper Application | Strays | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
(If I were to be accepted, I would be removing this application from the list!)

[DENIED] Shopkeeper Application | lurics | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My main motivation is that I’ve never really tried out a role that’s more related to the faction side of SRP, and have mainly stuck to many school/student relations such as sports teams, clubs, etc. Trying out the Reporter faction and seeing what it’s actually like is very interesting to me, as I’ve always been curious about it but never thought that I’d have the chance to apply. Needless to say I was wrong about that, and I’m quite happy that I am. Not only is that one of my incentives, but a while back, I was originally a part of the Journalism club. Unfortunately, I never gave myself a chance to create any actual reports (although I have many that are a WIP) as I suddenly became very busy with wrapping up the semester and finishing many last-minute projects. However, this time around, I hope to not run into that problem again at all, seeing as it’s currently summertime and I have more time for things like this within SRP. Although school will most likely be starting up again for the time that I’m in the faction, I don’t doubt that I won’t be able to get the reports in. If I feel as though I do, I’ll make sure to contact the lead when I can.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I have quite a bit of experience with writing! To start off, I’ve taken many different classes throughout the years to improve my writing. I’ve explored what I could and continued doing my best in the subject. Ever since I was really young, I’ve been surrounded by writers and books, so I’m very comfortable with the atmosphere of what it is and what exactly you do as a writer. And for my personal relationship with writing, I’ve never viewed it as something too challenging or difficult for me. It always came natural for as long as I could remember, and most of the time I’m able to come up with whatever’s assigned on short notice. I’m also very open to new suggestions and ideas that anyone has to offer! In fact, I can’t wait to hear them.

Plus, I've never really thought that writing was something that was difficult for me. I've always been used to creating different pieces that end up coming out pretty good, and that inspires me to continue on and try and make something even better. I've done many different types of writing, and when I create something new, I learn more and more about this subject and how I can improve my work even more.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I’m indeed aware of the rules that are listed! I’ll do what I can to follow them.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I believe that you should accept me over others because I’m willing to project what I can into this, along with having a clear attentiveness for paying attention to what someone’s trying to let me know, whether that’s through criticism or assisting in my writing. I’m also very curious, and I’m willing to put it in the effort to keep up with the position I’ll be holding.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I completely understand this. Any sort of OOC/IC bias in general I’m not really a fan of and try to limit my interaction with it as much as possible.
I’ll be as neutral as can be with my reports!

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Now that I have a lot more time with this, I do trust that I’ll be able to fulfill the monthly quota!
I also believe that I’ll be able to stay active, and if otherwise I’ll be sure to contact the faction lead when it’s necessary.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I imagine my work as a reporter to be very entertaining, especially when it comes down to the many interviews I’ll have to conduct! Along with that, gathering all the information that’s needed and actually putting it together into some informational articles is going to help me get better at identifying, solving, and writing. Plus, it’s very fascinating being able to learn more from everyone who’s going to be aiding in my work, and I hope to have fulfilled encouragement and enjoyment on completing it!

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it.

Full Name:
Aleah Gomez

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Professionally - Ms. Gomez
Casually - Aleah, 'Lea'

Current Age (25+):
33-years-old

Past job/work experience:
Waitress (16-19) - Three years.
The first job I ever had, working at nearby diner in order to help pay some of the bills my mother had been struggling with.
This worked for a few years, while I was simultaneously managing school and doing my best to work on my studies.

Research Assistant (19-22) - Three years.
I switched jobs from the diner as I had also moved Universities, since I was originally attending community college for a couple years.
During this time, I used this job to save up money, use my freetime, and learn a few new handy-dandy things while I was at it. Along with that, but I was given a chance to help out and provide for some of the people that really needed it. It worked out well, even though I was in the process of obtaining my degree.

Psychologist (22-27) - Five years.
Right after I finished university, I resigned from my job after 7 years within the business, and used my degree, abilities, and internal hope in order to get myself into the occupation I worked so hard for. I did my best to land an internship, pass that final exam, and get my license. Fortunately, I did successfully. For the next several years afterwards, I was focusing my job as a Clinical Psychologist, and was able to live my life accordingly, the way that I wanted to and was able to.

Author (27-32) - Five years.
To take a break from things, I ended up resigning from my Psychologist job. I took a break from things, as I lost interest and wanted to find something new for myself. I was able to luckily! After a while, I found a couple of people who decided to help me write and publish new pieces of work. My debut ended up being a bestseller, along with a couple of the books that followed afterwards. Things were good during this time, and I loved every bit of it.

Reporter (33) - Present day.
After going through a drastic change within my life, I left my work as an Author. Taking a year to myself, I used the saved money I had to try and recover.
Until recently, where I decided to apply myself once again and refocus on something new, in an attempt to find who I was before, and who I could be now.

Degree/qualifications:
Degree:
Masters
Bachelors

Majors:
Psychology
Sociology

Minors:
Communications
Multimedia Journalism

Nationality and born location:
Mexican & European, born in Sinaloa

Phone Number:
030-118-7179

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
Hardworker. When I get involved with something where I’m really a part of it, I become very dedicated to the cause and try my hardest to succeed within it. With everything I do, down to the little things, I use immense focus and care and simply do what I can with the circumstances I’m given. At the same time, I also do my best to make sure I’m not forcing some sort of truth out of someone, or making them uncomfortable, as that is never a right way to converse with another person. It's almost as though there are two sides to me, as many like to mention, which is my ‘work side’ and my casual side. One’s considered more professional, while the other is more carefree. Nowadays, I hardly ever change from my work side, and I do believe that’s for the best, especially with actual work.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
My main focus is to supply a voice for the citizens of Karakura. I want to be able to represent all their stories, I believe that it isn't fair to contradict and belittle others based on their opinions and viewpoint of topics. Yet I would like to explore a range of individuals who sought not only to offer what they intend to the public, but to tell a story to those who wish to hear it. And yes, I plan on going out of my own way of how I do things in order to reveal what is necessary and to display vital information some may need. Communication is key. And especially in this line of work.

What are your expectations for the job?:
Whether it’s expectations of what the Station itself has to offer, what the job is truly based on, or what I will personally give as a member that’s part of all listed, I’ll do my best to answer this. I don’t have huge expectations for the station, as I’d like to see what it is as I go. Similar to my opinions with the job, I also want to discover and learn more about it myself, seeing as I do try to encourage my independence and how I can approach things personally. Speaking of which, I expect myself to supply what’s needed and to contribute to this, complete and showcase my best work, and do what I can to make sure I keep on that.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
Unfortunately, I do have a record, although it is limited and will continue to stay that way.
A misdemeanor, specifically assault, in which I paid a fine and conducted several hours of community service.
Although I was provoked, I had admittedly struck someone in the face after different threats were thrown at me, and in turn, we both got repercussions for it.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

Spanish, Japanese, JSL, (English)

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

[!] There would be two attachments to the following papers, one an audio recording and one a written article. [!]

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

An Unlimited Resource .. Or is it? [#01]
Aleah Gomez | 2023, July 20th. 5:29AM

INTRO: WHAT’S THE DEAL?
Good morning to the people of Karakura! My name is Aleah Gomez, and today I’ve brought to you this article to tell you about some rather. . intriguing changes that have been happening to our very own as of recent! Or perhaps, has this always been something reconstructing the roots of how things work in general. Inflation is a concept that’s been heavily influencing Karakura for ages, but has really changed everything as of late.

According to updated research, Karakura has been affected by inflation to such a major point that prices have risen insanely high, leaving many residents unable to purchase most products. Recent examples of this is how expensive things have cost lately; up to a point where many of its residents can barely afford to keep up with essential needs, much less something that they would actually want, which is incredibly unfortunate when it comes down to it.

SOME REAL EVIDENCE
[!] An image would be displayed of the Karakura community. [!]

Many people have different viewpoints of the prices that Karakura has, along with the products that the place itself distributes.
Would these be considered overpriced? Under? Let’s see.

While the city itself has certainly advanced and had several improvements, relating to the economic changes that’s risen over time, it hasn’t necessarily gotten better. In fact, stock and pricing has only seemed to increase ever since. I’ll list a few examples of this down below.
  • Items cost at least 1⁄3 of what people make. Many of the items residents purchase cost well over the necessary amount, leaving people barely able to supply urgent payments. Along with this, the young adults within Karakura that have jobs obtain a range of 50-100k within their jurisdiction, on top of the rent and basic necessities they have to pay for. There is barely any room for flexibility for these teens, leaving people unable to actually function correctly around here. Besides, most of the stylish accessories that people want cost a whole lot more than expected, and that ends up leaving people unable to purchase them without sacrificing being able to pay for the vital necessities.​
  • The Auction House. The prices held within that place are sometimes incredibly too pricey for the average person. Some prices go as high as 300,000 to even going well over half a million, which is considered way out of the payzone that people actually make. While the system does work in a way to make a profit as well, not everyone will be able to depend on this sort of thing, as for many experiences, it’s difficult to try and maintain a steady flow of money.​

THE FINAL VERDICT
To conclude this article, I’d like to cover what we went over one last time, as I want to make sure that this is reviewed carefully enough. Living in Karakura comes with a heavy cost of trying to be able to keep up with everything you have to do while still trying to maintain your lifestyle and make sure that you don’t lose anything in the process. In total, inflation within this area is quite severe, and in turn, that leads to others having it worse and unable to actually provide for themselves. Poverty develops because of this, which leaves people at a loss for being able to practically survive around here. It’s to a point where we’re pretty much left in this endless cycle of repeating the flow of how the system works with money.

[!] A second image would be displayed, presenting a graph with an arrow zooming straight upwards, implying a dramatic raise. [!]

Overall, it seems as though the place we all know as Karakura has had its own struggles over the years, having its ups-and-downs when financial capability is brought into the equation. For now, this is what the locals will have to continue dealing with until further notice. Thanks for tapping into today’s article!

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Some Insight on Peace and Governing [#02]
Aleah Gomez | 2023, July 15th. 19:45PM

[AG:] - Aleah Gomez; Reporter
[Anon:] - Anonymous; The Lawyer

[!] A soft beep could be heard, indicating that the recording has started.
The lady would tap the top of the mic gently, testing its sound.
She’d flash a rather quick, warm smile towards the individual across from her, before beginning to speak. [!]

[AG:]
“ Before I begin this report, I’d like to ask if you’re completely okay with this being recorded and displayed to a public audience. “

[Anon:]
“ Yes, I agree with this being recorded and displayed no matter the audience, and you may proceed with the interview. “

She simply cleared her throat. “ Right. Good evening. My name is Aleah Gomez, and today I bring to you an interview with a lawyer that resides within the Government of Karakura. Except today, our source is going to remain completely anonymous, and to get things straight, I will not be mentioning anything in relation to the person themselves.

"Other than that, let’s jump right into it. With all the crime that runs rampant in Karakura; May I ask how you handle it when it comes down to discussing with the public about that? I’m sure not many of them take it well, despite how damaging it is to the community itself. “
She clicked her pen, idly listening to what they had to say in response.

“ While there’s quite a lot of crime that exists within Karakura, I believe that there isn’t a definite way to outright discuss it in a calm manner. Crime is crime after all, and it isn’t a mellow topic that people process easily. In fact, many have their own opinions on it, whether they personally believe that it’s something necessary to Karakura, or something that should be erased altogether. In the end, everyone has their own base opinions, and the only real way to handle it is to focus on it in a way that isn’t inherently damaging to the community. “

“ Fair answer. Honestly, there may not be a main possible way that ends with everyone getting what they want.
When it comes down to it, I suppose you just do what you can with the circumstances you’re given. “

“ Precisely so. Unfortunately, there’s not always a way where things are fair and we all get our needs met. Nor can we have a completely safe and non-violent town. A lot of the time, you have to go with what’s already there and live with what you have. “ The Lawyer would shrug, casting a nonchalant look to Aleah.

She’d simply nod. “ I see. May I ask— as someone who holds the position of a Lawyer within this district, how difficult is it to manage your position in the Government, as in working your job day-by-day, if it happens to be difficult at all? “

“ Why, of course it is. There’s times where the job can be incredibly difficult depending on the client that you receive, the situation that you have to figure out, and the hit-or-miss chance on whether or not you may actually be able to benefit your client at all. At the same time however, if you choose to have a mindset with the job in which your main goal is to help the client as best as you can, along with assuring those who were wronged will have their right way again, perhaps it may not be as difficult as one imagines it. “

“ Intriguing response. If I were to have a job like this, I’d wish to follow that mindset as well. And speaking about handling a case . . how do you go about that? Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mainly gather information and do your best to work with it? Or perhaps is there more to it? “

The Lawyer would chuckle slightly, a wry smile defined on their face. “ There are many different ways to handle a case, depending on who the person is and what they exactly need. The main part however is identifying the problem, coming up with what's necessary to approach the problem, and finding a solution to the entire thing that’ll benefit the party as best as possible. “

“ As far as I know, there are many responsibilities held on your back, as one wrong decision or choice of action could lead to your client ending up in an unfortunate position, right?

“ Correct. When it’s really necessary, the ultimate goal is to figure out a way where your client receives the help that they need, along with what they’re looking for.
Sometimes, this isn’t always the case unfortunately. “

“ I completely understand that. We can’t always get what we want unfortunately. To change the topic here—I’m sure you’re very aware of the high increase of delinquent activity that’s been rising recently, specifically in young adults. Do you have any sort of comment you’d like to share on that, in terms of what one could do to decrease it instead? “

“ No matter the age, for some odd and compelling reason, the youth community within Karakura has always been very active and continuous, at least for as long as I’ve been around. One day, I hope that this doesn’t continue to be an issue, as it’s very damaging to the community itself. Ways that we might be able to decrease it is by doing things like trying to maintain our humanity instead, as I believe that those who actually commit the crimes forget about the part that attempts to keep them sane.
And unfortunately, that’s how many go down a dark path like that. “

“ To help ease some of the minds in the audience here: What are your plans to attempt to make the place safer? Currently, it’s come to a point where many people are worried about the future state of Karakura, and what is yet to come for all of us. Perhaps you could . . lend some sort of idealism for those wondering? “

“ Hm. For those who currently live in Karakura, and for those who are new to the place, I’m personally not sure if it’ll ever adjust to a better state. However, I wouldn’t exactly go as far as to say that the place of Karakura is forever done for. Idealism, you ask? Maybe we shouldn’t focus on the future and what’s going to happen, but instead focus on what we have now and how we can preserve it for as long as possible. After all, what’s a place without a little bit of scattered injustice?”
The Lawyer joked slightly, although between the two of them, only one seemed to have a smile on their face.

Aleah would simply nod in response, although she looked a little lost in thought to what the Lawyer had said. Nonetheless, she continued on with the report. ”Right, yes. Let’s move on from that. Perhaps this may not be an intuitive question, but I believe some viewers may want to know. What is the power you hold in your work? And by that, I mean what are the substantial abilities you’re able to maintain in your position? Especially when it comes down to keeping the place safe. “

“ Well, to be specific here, I wouldn’t go as far as to say that we protect the place of Karakura to the point where it’s safe. That job rests completely on the KPD. But what can we do ourselves? We can help protect citizens rights, which I believe is highly important around here. We also help as a defense to the people, and prove what needs to be proven, you know? Everyone’s voice matters, even if it means going the lengths that not many would normally go. “

“ I see. I’m glad to hear there’s people out there who are more than willing to do what’s right, and to help those who really need it. To start wrapping things up here, let’s talk about a specific part to your work, similar to the question I asked in the beginning. You’re technically the representation of the Government itself, as you’re the one who supplies the voice for the people, from what I can tell. Tell me, how do you determine what exactly the people want? A lot of times, I feel as though there’s a lot of mixed opinions when it comes down to some of the announcements. Especially with the state of how things are. “ She’d swallow, remembering some of the reactions audiences have had in the past.

“ A lot of the time, it’s not always easy to determine what they want. Everyone’s different, especially with confrontation and discussing topics like these. Whenever we do our work, the best thing to do is to maintain and remember what we’re really doing here, and what we can do to improve it to a better place. “

She would shift her tone slightly, to something considered gentler.
“ Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with me! It was a pleasure formally meeting you and speaking to you. “

“ It was no problem, Ms. Thank you for having me here to begin with. “

“ That concludes the interview for today, folks! Thank you for tabbing in with me.
Take care and stay safe out there. I’ll see you all at the next one. “

[!] The recording would end, leaving the interview officially finished. [!]

[OOC]
Additional Information:

Thank you for taking the time to read this application! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at my discord.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:
  • Please get in touch with me via Discord @Aania to start the process and get you set up!​

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread