mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

REPORTER APPLICATION | SPIDERMANSMOM

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
SpiderMansMom

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?: Yes, and yes. But I have a stutter, my username is YourFriendlyNeighbourhoodJoe#3618.

List your timezone and country: EST, in the United States of America.

Describe your activity: I haven't been as active as I used to be, I used to be on the server every day, but then my computer broke down, not having the money to pay it and not having parents to spoil me I had to scrap up money attempting to fix it. After a long sabbatical, I am back, and ready to go.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I got false banned years ago, I don't have the application for it anymore because for some reason my web-page will not allow me to go that far back, it's very annoying.
I don't remember what I did, I think it involved something with hate speech, but I was like, 12. Not an excuse but I've learned from then.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
None that I can link, website acting up. I applied for a teacher application a few times, got accepted once, then continued to mess up that a few times as well, then got fired within a week, fun. A college application, accepted after attempting THIRTEEN TIMES, isn't that crazy. I didn't give up at-least.

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?: I'm in a creative writing class in my school, I enrolled in it because the fascination of writing brought a new spark to my eye, it was the first thing that I ever did in school that actually made me feel happy, instead of feeling like I'm in a garbage bin every day, I actually had something to look forward to.
Not to mention I was also a reporter for my middle school, I wrote about the Basketball team mainly, sometimes the Soccer team, but they didn't get as much publicity.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?: My experience isn't the most it could be, about three years I've been taking a creative writing class, I write poems, sonnets, ballads, we do relay writing. I've been working with writing way before that though, fourth grade was the first writing assignment I ever had, it was about superpowers, our selections were the base three, flying, super strength, and invincibility. I went outside the box, I asked the teacher if I could do super speed, I loved The Flash, his powers made me happy, I couldn't comprehend how they worked but they looked damn cool, and if something looked cool to you in fourth grade, your entire life was revolved around it. My relationship with writing is better than any relationship I have had with a woman in my entire life, I love writing. It gives the best feeling in the world when you lock into a paragraph and the words start flowing out of you, writers flow.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?: Why would I be applying if I wouldn't? Of course.

Why should we accept you over others?: I have heart, not to say that other people don't, but I spend actual time with my writing, I've re-written this entire thing about four times now, thinking how I could make it as close as I could to something that would strike home to people, I want to connect to the reader in-game, make them feel like they're living what I'm writing.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.) If you focus on one person the audience will feel like the same thing will happen to them if they get on your nerves. Yes, I understand.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?: I believe so, I have time on my hands. Nothing better to do with my life at this moment, maybe that will change though, time will tell.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is: I think working as a reporter is what some people consider a dream job, they get to write about the things that they experience, the things that they see, things that matter to the public. The feeling of people reading your work and saying "Wow, this is really good" would feel amazing, their words impact you so much. Reporters need to stay on top of what's relevant, if you post things that don't matter to society at that moment, you'll get nobody reading your papers, you need to focus on what is important in that moment in that time.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Flavi "F" Fever

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) Mr.Fever

Current Age (25+): 28

Past job/work experience: None, this would be my first job.

Degree/qualifications: I have my Bachelors degree.

Nationality and born location: Born in France, so I am French.

Phone Number: 030-: (030)-626-1698

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?: Caring, I care about the people around me. I don't treat them like they're pawns in a game that I'm playing against myself, I treat them as equals, like they matter just as much as I do. Hard-working, I tend to put a lot of work into what I do, like math. I spend hours on end on math, it's my favorite subject, the one subject I can sit through and think "Wow, this doesn't bore me into a depressing sleep.".

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?: I just want to write anything the people want to hear, all forms of writing make me feel chipper, a nice feeling inside. I am fine with getting out of my comfort zone, I hate sports but I reported on them. I hated Phys Ed, but I took the class, and I dealt with it. Not everything goes your way.

What are your expectations for the job?: I expect to have a fun time writing, I love thinking about a job that is exactly what you want to do, I've had reporter friends before, they say the job is anything they want it to be, because they get to choose their form of writing, they get to choose what works for them.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below: Nope, clean and sober.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native): French Japanese Sign Language, and Japanese.

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

Good Afternoon, Karakura. I was sitting in my car today purging through the news when I got a phone call from my good friend, telling me that the police had uncovered something at a crime scene they'd been searching for, for years, hidden in plain sight. The police had recently re-opened an investigation on the Johnson Brothers, the two brothers who mysteriously went missing after their car was found flipped over in a pond, an elderly woman reported the incident four years ago. This elderly woman called the police, and when the police got there, there was no bodies. Only the car, the police ran the plates to figure out that it was registered to a "Nico Johnson" The older brother of the two, when the police finished searching the lake, their only lead was a fake death.

The police learned from some of the Johnson brother's contacts that Nico was borrowing money from a investor, and he never paid him back. Apparently Nico was on his last warning before he and his brother went "Missing". This new evidence had made the police think that the death was faked, they investigated the site for several more days not finding anything other than a ring, a backpack, and a pair of sun-glasses. These sunglasses were expensive, the police went to the only place that sold them in the entire Karakura shopping district to learn that it wasn't Nico who bought them, but it was his Fiance, Katrina.

Katrina was a worker at the shopping district in the exact store that sold the glasses, when confronted she was acting nervous, she acted like she didn't know anything about it but that wasn't true. Katrina knew everything that had happened to those two and didn't come out with it until after the last piece of evidence to conclude where the brothers were had come out, but we aren't there yet.

Another lead the police had was the brother's father. The father seemed not bothered that his sons had just died, he seemed calm. Way too calm. He cooperated with the authorities, and managed to get a warrant to check his phone for any messages, calls, or pictures corelating to the brothers from after the "Accident", they found one text on his phone, a week after the brothers had died. This wasn't good for the father, the only thing the father had protecting him was that he "didn't know" at the time, and that the brothers didn't respond. But it was shown as READ on the phone.

The police learning that the phone was still in use was a good sign of evidence, until suddenly, the trail went cold. They tried tracking down the phone but, nothing showed up. The last known location was in the car crash, but that couldn't be right, they didn't find a phone there.

That was the last known piece of evidence for two whole years, until they found hidden in a trash can in the sewers by a secret entrance behind a pile of trash bags, a note. Revealing where the brothers went, they suspected someone was meant to grab this letter, and either forgot, or something happened to them before hand.

The note read out "Come to (Legally cannot reveal) on December fourth, 2018." the police went to the location, to find the brothers held up in a huge home on a hillside, forty miles outside of Karakura. The police raided the place, revealing that the brothers were going under new identities. Nico was "Bogey Saunders" And Enrico was "Jacob Saunders" both names were tracked back to two dead men, killed four days before these two went missing, the two crimes connected. Nico and Enrico being thrown in prison, for murder on two counts, faking their identity, faking their death, and running from the authorities.

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Flavi:
Hello Karakura, your favorite reporter Flavi F Fever is here to interview convicted criminal, Nico Johnson. Hello Nico, we're here to interview you about what drove you to do the things you did.

Nico: Let's do this thing, I got stuff I need to reveal to the public.

Flavi: Well we should dive straight in then. My first question for you is, what was the real reason behind faking your death?

Nico: The loan I took out, it.... really messed me up. That loan was way too much to pay back, and the last option was to fake my death, I didn't want to. I abandoned my friends, some family, and even abandoned a well paying job.

Flavi: Do you regret faking your death? You had a lot to live for, people that loved you were really upset.

Nico: I regretted it every day that I lived that lie of a life. And now that I am in prison I believe that I deserve whatever time that I get, whether it be months, years, or more. I wish there was a way to take it all back, go back in time and reverse what I did, if I didn't take out that loan, none of this would've happened. I would be home right now, with my father, fiancé, and my brother.

Flavi: Did you hear that some people are protesting for you to be let out of prison? If so, do you believe that they should continue protesting?

Nico: I believe that while the protest is made in the good of the people's hearts, I don't deserve to be released from prison, as I said before any time I get sentenced to is completely fair, I sincerely ask everyone to stop all protests, they'll only bring harm.

Flavi: Do you think your brother will be okay? I heard that he will be getting the same sentence as you.

Nico: That is touchy, my brother didn't do anything under his own will, I forced him to do it all. He left his life because I asked him to, because I made him. I shouldn't have, I should've just done it by myself, or not at all. He won't talk to me at all, and I understand why.

Flavi: I'm sorry to hear that, it must be tough not being able to communicate with your own brother. Let's move out of that area of questions and into something less inside of your family life, how is prison treating you?

Nico: Prison isn't anything I haven't done before, it's my fourth time being here. You get used to the people in here, the cops can be nice, or they can be extremely rude. They give you decent living quarters. The only thing I really have to complain about, other than being in prison. Is the food, it's horrible, it tastes like they stole it from a school in 1912, it's stale, hard, moldy sometimes. But I deserve it.

Flavi: Wow that sounds, revolting. I couldn't live like that. Anyways, onto the next question. Why did you take out that loan?

Nico: I, needed money to buy an engagement ring for my fiance, I told her I took out a loan and she understood. When she found out I couldn't afford the loan, me and her came up with a plan to hide out until she got enough money to find us a place to move into, and we could live a good life. Away from Karakura.

Flavi: So this whole thing was just because you wanted to get married? While it was an insanely illegal crime you did, it's sort of sweet. But we can't fascinate over your crime-love, we need to continue this interview, don't we? What did you do when you were hiding away?

Nico: I really just stayed in a house my father owned miles away, I thought they wouldn't find me. But that idiot forgot to burn the paper, I told him it was too risky leaving something, and not just texting from a burner phone, which we did eventually end up doing.

Flavi: That is new evidence, I haven't heard anything about a burner phone. Thank you, my viewers appreciate it. Anyway, I am running out of time, I'd say I have just three questions left, let me make them count. What do you believe was the hardest part about faking your death?

Nico: Leaving my family was the hardest thing I have ever done, living with my family was the one thing I had left other than my fiance that actually made me happy, I think about it every day that if I had the option of getting my legs chopped off or faking my death, my legs wouldn't be here.

Flavi: Interesting, it's nice to hear that you care about your family. Speaking of family, who do you believe was the most involved, other than your brother.

Nico: Jeez, I don't know if I should say.... but I will, for the sake of the interview. It was my father who helped with most of it, he was the reason we had a place to stay after we faked our deaths, or after I faked our deaths.

Flavi: Now, we get to the tough parts of this interview, the crime that could potentially get you the death sentence, murder. You were the prime suspect for the murder of two people, do you have anything to say about this?

Nico: I didn't kill those two, I have family that worked at a morgue and they were the two most recent deaths, they handed me the ids, and from then on I was a different person, until I was caught of course.

Flavi: Both victims were killed with the same weapon, this weapon you bought six years ago at a pawn shop hidden underneath the sewers of Karakura, that who we got the intel from. Do you have any evidence to prove your innocence?

Nico: I, uhm. No, I did buy that knife, and I did own it for a good amount of time, except for the fact that I sold it a year before the murder was committed.

Flavi: That does prove to be good evidence until the police identified only your fingerprints on the weapon. Which proves your guilty, anything to prove innocent this time?

Nico: That's enough, I'm going back to my cell. I hope you enjoyed our little interview here, I hope it's great content for your little viewers.

Flavi: Well, you heard it here first. The man has nothing to back up some claims made against him, is he innocent or guilty? This is where you decide.
Flavi F Fever, signing off.

[OOC]
Additional Information: I have a pretty bad stutter, sometimes messes with my speech. Just wanted to say. I hope you enjoyed my application, and I hope you consider me as a worthy applicant of the reporter position.

Aania

Level 166
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
PENDING
Your application is liked, but your activity is low & the discord you have linked doesn't work.
Please get in touch with me under Aania#0117 if you wish to discuss your application or for a concrete acceptance/denial!​

Aania

Level 166
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!
Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application!

Users who are viewing this thread