OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:
What is your in-game-name (IGN)?:
JayyLobo

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I have discord and a microphone | Rexypoo#3334

List your timezone and country:
EST. United States

Describe your activity:
I am online basically every day. My activity varies during the week, as I have school and other commitments during the week. However, on the weekends I play for a majority of the day. I joined the SRP community around 3 months ago, but have been constantly playing daily. I try to play at least an hour a day and catch up with my friends and meeting new people.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I have 2 previous bans on my main account.
1. For ERP back in 2018. My first alt account was then banned for bypassing.
2. For bypassing. I had attempted to sign back onto the banned alt, which resulted in my main also getting banned. This happened on February 27, 2022. Both accounts were unbanned on March 16, 2022.

Link any major applications (e.g Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
Ban Appeal - Accepted

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
Ever since I started playing SRP, I had gained a new found love for writing. This all started with me writing the backstory of my OC, Micah. This then evolved to me writing a more detailed backstory for him later, after making a new friend on the server. She made a website, dedicated to her character. This inspired me to write more and more. Reading through the entirety of her character background, I wanted to write more and more. This began with me writing short poems, from the point of view of my character. Then, after finishing reading the entirety of her website, I had begun to write my own. I asked her permission to do so, and she told me she fully supported me. I wrote more about my first OC's character, writing about their time after moving into Karakura. Now, I have moved onto making a new character on my newly acquired alt account. He is the character that is becoming a reporter. This is mostly due to the love I have for the server and of writing now.

Do you have any past experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I do not have much past experience with writing, other than school papers and assignments. Other than this, I have minor experience writing less detailed backstories for other OCs I have made. My relationship with writing hasn't always been the greatest, due to the failure of some teachers to make me enjoy the subject. However, as stated above, roleplaying on SRP has given me the opportunity to fall in love with writing and reading. In school, I fell in love with reading in English class, enjoying reading the in class book, The Alchemist. This also inspired me to write a more detailed backstory. I also began to enjoy detailrping, which also helped improve my writing. Also, as stated above, I have begun to write my own website for my character's backstories and other parts of their character.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I am aware and will follow all the rules provided to me.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I should be accepted over others because I will be an asset to the faction. My creativity has grown the more passionate I have gotten about writing. I had previously enjoyed writing small things for myself and a few of my friends,

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I understand that I have to stay completely neutral with all reports.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I trust that I will stay active and complete my monthly quota. I am always accessible through discord, and will respond to any messages as soon as I can. It may take a while to respond, due to me having irl commitments, but I will make sure to set aside enough time to meet my monthly quota.

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I picture work as a reporter to be entertaining and rewarding. Being able to use my imagination, along with solid facts will bring me much satisfaction. The job would entail keeping up to date on events in Karakura, from school events, to gang violence, to small things happening around the city. Of course it will take a lot of effort to make sure facts are checked and statements are taken properly, along with proper editing and writing, but that is all for the good of the public. Also ensuring the reports are entertaining and keep bringing people in to check the news and stay informed.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Jin Hino Kuroki

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g Ms, Mr)
Jin | Mr. Kuroki

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
1. In highschool, he was a part of the school news paper, then took over the paper his senior year.
2. Worked for the college newspaper while studying.
3. Worked retail jobs during college to help alleviate the cost of studying. I got to a managerial position before resigning after graduating.
4. After graduating, I worked as a private investigator for a few months as an odd job to pay off his student debts
5. Worked for a few local news papers in other towns around Karakura.

Degree/qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism and Creative Writing

Nationality and born location:
I am Japanese and was born in Yoshino, Japan

Phone Number: 030-240-1859

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I would describe myself as a responsible, respectable, and kind person. I am a hard worker and extremely gritty. I will keep at something until I succeed. I would consider myself to be a people watcher, usually keeping my thoughts to myself unless asked, or otherwise listening to everyone's point of view on the topic being discussed. I am also a very creative person and can always find ways to keep my audience entertained. I am willing to listen to any story and I ensure to get the full story from both parties. I am also a lover of literature. Ever since I was young and met this beautiful young lady, who taught me the beauty of writing, and the worlds that books can send you to. This love of literature has guided me to the love of current events and journalism.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I am most interested in writing about current events happening in Karakura, along with smaller, lighthearted articles to entice readers, leading them to continue reading more articles. I will achieve this by learning what the younger generation in Karakura are into at the moment and make updates for those who are curious about it or to enlighten those who don't know current events. This would be stepping out of my comfort zone because I will make sure to get the facts of any story, making sure I get all sides of a story, no matter what consequences I could face. I will take all the risks so that the public has the truth! I've grown up aspiring to be a writer, but I soon learned how the generations seem to lose the urge to learn about events happening in their lives. I have decided to take it upon myself to halt that behavior, even for one more young man or woman.

What are your expectations for the job?:
My expectations for the job are to devote my time to giving the public the full picture. From small stories of a marriage between two prominent members of our communities to major stories of major disasters happening in Japan, I will make sure the people of Karakura know about the current events. I am willing to sacrifice and devote my time to make sure the public has the whole and full truth.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
N/A

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, JSL, Russian

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.
Good afternoon citizens of Karakura! Jin Kuroki here! Today’s report will be about a recent violent event that happened here in our lovely town of Karakura.
On April 23rd, there was a house party gone wrong. It all started when a group of kids were hosting a house party. The teenagers hosting the party were loud, which attracted a lot of attention, such as my own and other irritated neighbors.
After about an hour had passed, another group of kids, which numbered around 15, had shown up. They were all wearing matching outfits, but I was not close enough to get a look at it. This group would then begin to yell at the ones hosting the parties, until both groups had lined up across the street. The kids who hosted the party outnumbered the party crashers by a few.
However, this did not stop the crashers from charging towards the hosts, ultimately starting an all out brawl. The fight got extremely gorey, some kids being slammed into the pavement. It was horrible to watch. However, this was all put to an end when KPD showed up. Everyone scattered like ants and some arrests were made. Hopefully these arrests will send a message and make the kids of the town rethink their decisions of starting trouble.
Thank you for reading and Stay tuned! There will be more news incoming! Until Next time.
Jin Kuroki​

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Self Interview

JK | Good afternoon. To begin, please tell us a bit about yourself.
JK | Thank you. I would like to begin by saying that I am a citizen of Karakura. I have lived here since I was 18 years old, where I moved here with my friend, Oosaka, for college. I majored in Journalism and Creative writing, knowing that this was my calling. I am now 31 years old and am trying to make a big debut as a reporter in the town I chose to live in. I have been interested in journalism and writing since I was young. I also enjoy hiking and, clearly, reading.

JK | Okay! May you tell us what piqued your interest in journalism and writing?
JK | Of course! It all started when I was 12. My brother and best friend were going out on our weekly journey, where we met my brother’s future wife. She was a wonderful young lady, who we invited on our journey. During that adventure, she went on about how amazing the world of literature was. This is what piqued my interests, and caused me to read a lot more. I got my hands on books and newspapers. Reading the daily paper, I learned a lot about current events, and noticed just how much information people in my community did not know. I knew that I could make a difference if I pursued this career, knowing I can make at least one or two young adults have more knowledge for them to share among their friend group, who will spread it more, spreading awareness of topics.

JK | Did you do any journalism before applying here in Karakura?
JK | Of course! In highschool and college, I worked for the school paper. My senior year of highschool, I was the head of the newspaper and brought out its potential! I also worked for newspapers in nearby towns, to build up a portfolio before I applied here in my town.

JK | That sounds wonderful! Now, how will you entice the audience into reading your reports?
JK | That is a wonderful question. My plan to get people to read my articles is to keep up with the younger generation. Be it interviewing students to let their voices be heard, or by reporting a topic that involves them. I will select students randomly and ask if they would like to give thoughts on what should be spoken more about, and then bring that to light. I will also be trying to make my reports as to the point as possible, so readers may resume their day after reading.

JK | Interesting answer! Now, what skills do you think are needed to be a good reporter?
JK | Yet another great question. A few skills that are needed to be a journalist would have to be information gathering and interviewing skills. Without these, there is no way for you to write a report. Of course, there are others like communication skills and extroversion, since you need to go out there to get your information, as well as writing skills to write out the reports, but I believe those two are the most important skills.

JK | Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
JK | I can see myself working to better the town, bringing awareness to subjects people tend to ignore. I am already working on setting up an interview with a young blind lady about blind accessibility. If I can get enough support, this article can help make this girl’s life better, and help any other people who are blind or are going blind in our community.

JK | What are your thoughts on Karakura?
JK | My thoughts on Karakura? I believe this is a wonderful place. Be it there are a lot of strange things that happen here, as well as it not being the safest place in the world, but it is a strong community that is built on many bonds! The people who live here all have different pasts, but can come together. You can go out to the plaza and meet new people that could end up being your best friend! All in all, I love living here, and I have no reason to leave.

JK | What do you think about the crime in Karakura?
JK | My opinion on the crime in Karakura? I believe it is really high, especially for the younger citizens. Most criminal activity are committed by the highschool and college students, as can be seen with public police records and basically looking around.

JK | If you could pass one law in Karakura, what would it be?
JK | If I could pass one law in Karakura? That is a difficult one.. Let me think. It would have to be at least one day of community service a month, for everyone. I have seen so many people take for granted the community workers. I myself have seen blatant disrespect for workers, such as the Priests and Mikos of the monastery. The younger generation just ignore the kindness of these people and continue on like they did not exist. This also extends to some adults that live here as well. If they were put into work and helped these people, then they would learn to respect everyone, no matter what position they are in.

JK | What do you think Karakura needs the most?
JK | Karakura needs to be more proactive in teaching these kids right and wrong. And just properly educating them. If the parents and school are not going to teach these kids how to live properly and just, then who will?

JK | That is all for this interview. Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application so that I can set up your roles!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread