Miamorchito

Level 31
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Miamorchito
What's the title of your suggestion?: Restraining Order Notification

What's your suggestion?:
Karakura Government has changed its policy to send the Restraining Orders via Post Office. While this is an effective change to make RO's delivery faster and more effective, there is the issue that arises with it: people simply do not check the post office. My suggestion here is frankly a simple one in order to prevent some core issues that this could create:
1. A person, not knowing that there is an active RO against them, gets arrested for violating it.
2. The person who filed the RO still can potentially meet with the person who has the active RO due to the lack of info.

The solution - a pretty easy one: Add a command for the government faction to notify the Defense about the RO that they would be receiving. Something along the lines of "You have an active RO filed [Date] for [RPname]. Please head to the nearest Post office to retrieve it."
When filing ROs, the government workers already ask for the IGN of the Defense, so the command itself it should also be pretty easy to implement; /ro [IGN] (Or something simple like that).

Again, this suggestion is mainly to prevent issues that may arise, to help the defense, that may potentially get arrested for not knowing there is an active RO, and for the Plaintiff, who filed the RO, to feel secure that the Defense KNOWS that they were properly notified. Now, whether this notification should be made via phone or ooc method is going to be up to the developers to make (whatever is more manageable, really, the primary solution is to notify the person).

How will this benefit the server and community?:
- Prevent people from being charged with a restraining order violation (Which leads to 2 months in prison + criminal record) just because they weren't notified.
- Help develop a way to notify someone about an active RO properly.
- Make players (KPD, Defense, Plaintiff, Lawyers, Judges, and Governors, if not more people) spend less time solving a case of RO violation just because the same government failed to notify it.

GloomyRP

Level 8
I’m giving this a big fat +1 because it fixes a big problem with how people are told about restraining orders. If someone doesn’t know they have an RO against them, they could get in trouble for no reason.

Infi

Level 143
Government Lead
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Government faction shouldn’t be given a specific command for something like this. I personally believe it’s the player’s fault for not checking their mail when they’re ideally supposed to.

A counter suggestion would be to just have general notifications when players receive packages or mail from the post office instead of receiving a notification that they have a RO waiting for them.

robinzee

Level 34
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
A counter suggestion would be to just have general notifications when players receive packages or mail from the post office instead of receiving a notification that they have a RO waiting for them.
I agree with this instead.

soratheonly

Level 77
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
I agree with infi for having a notification if something is in your mailbox everytime you join in, kind of like the friend requests or phone messages you haven't read.

Miamorchito

Level 31
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
I also agree with this. At the end of the day, we need a way to notify players, and if it can add more things, like a normal notification system, it will make them even better.

KiraHub

Level 7
KiraHub
KiraHub
Notable
+1 on it anyways but the just having notifications for mail in general would just be better so +1 to that mostly

Users who are viewing this thread