Revra
Notable
Shinsei Seinaru Monastery Staff Application

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:
Lukavik

DISCORD TAG: Revra#8345

PREVIOUS BANS:
The only ban I ever got was when I first started playing the server and got banned for ERP. Ever since then I learned my lesson and kept astray from committing that ever again.

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS: Yes

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: Priest

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
My activity on the server is very active, at least once a day for hours at a time on my various characters.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?
Shintoism is a religion derived from Japan and does not believe in any gods, instead they believe in spirits. I don’t know a whole lot but I’m willing to learn more about Shintoism the longer that I stay inside the faction.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
What makes me stand out for this role is my willingness to try to do new things and working hard to meet or even exceed expectations. Amongst other things, being able to take criticism with a grain of salt because in the end that criticism is supposed to help me.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:
Noriaki Xiao Saiky

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?: 26 years old

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I am applying for the Monastery because my family believes in the religion of Shintoism and taught me it growing up, so being that I know this knowledge why not put it to good use. On top of that I heard that there were troubles going on with a lack of visitors that I could really help with. The final reason is that I’m unemployed from my job as a Surgeon due to the stressful workload there is and the work of being a priest would bring a sense of peace for me. Not only that, I'll be able to distribute peace to others by teaching Shintoism to them as well.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The history that I’ve been told is that the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was built long before the town of Karakura was built. Alongside that came down a fire that burnt down the shrine, fortunate enough though my family, which is the Saiky family, helped rebuild the shrine to how it is now more or less.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
I grew up in a very strict and upholding household living under the Saiky name. I had a lot to live up to thanks to my last name, a lot was expected out of me and I tried my best in order to keep up with their expectations. I wasn’t really the best at school at first, maybe a little below average and I was pretty bratty as a kid. I didn’t take anything seriously half the time because I knew that I had the wealth of my family to back me up in case I ever needed it. Sooner or later however, I had the fortunate event of being humbled thanks to a very specific event that changed my view on life. After that day I spent most of my days studying or partaking in my hobbies such as playing music. I continued my education into college and eventually ended up getting a PhD in medicine. I spent my years after that working as a surgeon where I eventually became the clinical lead. However, life was far too stressful for me and the anguish of the patients was too overwhelming, so I resigned to find peace within myself.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dear Ms. Montoku,
It has been a little while since our little chat and I have finally decided to make use of my free time to apply for your staff. If you were to accept me then I could offer nothing more than my fullest effort to make the shrine the best it could be and bring more visitors to the shrine so they can explore and partake in Shintoism.
Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?
You should always bow before a Torii Gate and never walk through the center of the path for that is where the deities walk through.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
The rituals are performed through actions such as bowing to the altar, opening of the sanctuary, presentation of food offerings, and lastly prayers.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
They both have their separate jobs, Shinto Maidens perform kaguras to appease the shinto deities while also doing things like conducting exorcisms, practicing divinations, and acting oracles. On the other hand, the main duty of the priest is to officiate at all shrine ceremonies on half of and at the request of the worshippers.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
I would first have to explain the process of the rite of passage in order for them to follow the rules correctly so that the Kami’s protection could last permanently. The day of the ritual depends on the gender of the child, for girls it’s 33 days after birth and for boys, 32.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
First I would bring them to a suitable place to actually help them learn with visual reinforcement, such as taking them to one of the actual shrines and displaying what’s inside. Then I would tell them using the knowledge that I have, which is that Shinto is polytheistic and revolves around the kami, supernatural entities believed to inhabit all things. The link between the kami and the natural world has to Shinto being considered animistic.
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Monastery! If you haven't already, go ahead and join the discord.

- Once in the discord, ping the monastery lead for your roles in the #help channel
- Next time you are online, you can ask in /help for the Priest role (make sure to include your age) or DM rini#0001 to get your role

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread