Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
IGN: RexLobo

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): Rexypoo#3334

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I do have a mic and can speak

Your time zone and current country of residence: EST and United States

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
RexLobo’s Lore Team App (Denied)

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I acknowledge the fact I could be removed from the community team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Something that may obstruct my progress and development on the lore team would be my school. I am in my first year of college, so that will take up a lot of my time and energy. I prioritize my education, so my work for school will be done before I do anything related to the server, including lore. However, I have gotten used to my schedule and use my time wisely. I also have 3 days off a week, so I know I can manage my time wisely and be able to complete the lore I am tasked with and be active on the server.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I am passionate about writing because I can let my imagination run wild. It began when I was young and wrote short stories that didn’t make all that much sense when I look back on the memories, but it still led me to love writing. Although I did not write all that much until I joined the SRP community. Upon joining, I made a detailed backstory for my character, which I kept improving. As time went on, I began to make more characters and their backstories, and then did more and more writing for my own enjoyment. I eventually started writing for others, fixing or making them backstories or descriptions for their characters. My love for writing in SRP branched out to the rest of my life, where I put that passion into my work for school and even writing for fun. I especially enjoyed writing poems in my free time, as they were short, but told a story.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
My previous experience with writing lore or creative writing is mostly personal. It is a hobby of mine now, and one I pride myself on. I truly love writing, and that love inspired me to apply for the reporter faction in SRP, the one faction that focuses on writing and creativity. I also enjoy writing my own character lore, whether it is personal character lore, family lore, or lore for an organization I am a part of in character. Being able to show that diversity and give a an identity to each character I have makes the experience truly one of a kind and enjoyable.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the basis or foundation of any story, and aspects of a story. To create a story, there has to be a background to it that makes it truly stand out and makes it unique, and a place for the story to bridge from. If there is no background to the story, then there is no order for events to follow, making it difficult to create an end goal to accomplish in the story.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(575 Words)

Long had the sun set in the west, and the darkness of night had already enveloped the sky. It had only been dark for the better of an hour before storm clouds had gathered, and a single drop fell against the window. Then a second, and a third, before hundreds fell like bullets, clashing against the roof and window.

The young girl had been blankly staring outside, watching as the day shifted to night and the storm began. Fiorenza finally snapped out of her trance due to the bright flash that seemed to fill the room, followed by a strong vibration in the room and a loud crash. The sound was deafening, which only made the temporary blindness worse. The girl had fallen to the floor, right on top of the broken glass. Once her vision returned, she noticed that the orphanage had been struck by lightning.

Rushing out of her room, she noticed all of the doors were already open and the rooms empty. Tears rushed down her cheeks as she searched for somebody. Anybody. But nobody was around. She tried to open the door, but it was locked. At that time, she noticed the smoke filling the hallway. Turning to the room at the other end, she saw a flame growing. Panic grew and she ran back to her room, feeling the heat grow stronger.

Climbing onto the windowsill, and staring down. 3 stories high. Taking a deep breath, the girl rested her hands on the edge of the frame, digging the shard of glass deeper into her hand, but gripped the window for dear life. Her life depended on it. The tears streamed more and more as she slowly shuffled to the lower, sloped part of the roof. Once she reached it, she dropped herself onto it.

However, she found herself slipping down the roof fast. Trying to grip whatever she could to slow her, but her attempts were futile. The girl slid off the roof and landed on a dumpster. The thud echoed through the alley as the girl laid there unconscious, her clothes ripped and soaked from the rain, along with traces of her blood.

The fire attracted the attention of neighbors and the fire department quickly rushed to the building, putting the fire out. The sirens sounded miles away, faded in the background of the girl's mind, and the lights didn’t faze her. She was discovered by a stranger, the woman who called the emergency services.

The woman called for help, but the sirens drowned out her pleas. The emergency workers were too preoccupied with the fire and chaos to listen to her when she asked for help. She noticed the small girl shiver more and more, and the clothes she was wearing were nothing more than glorified rags. Against her better judgement, the girl was brought to the woman’s home and treated. The shards of glass were carefully removed and her arms bandaged to allow the cuts to heal.

Fiorenza woke up in a warm bed, with dry clothes. Her eyes slowly opened, and the lights seemed to be as blinding as that flash of lightning. Only this time, they were accompanied by a gentle hand. The hand of her savior. The scent of fresh pancakes filled the room and the woman left the young girl to rest. Fiorenza eased up after the woman left and ate a warm meal, feeling as though she had finally found her home.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(602 Words)

Under the wooden floorboards of the school lies an abandoned warehouse, covered up by layers of concrete. At the center of that warehouse rested an elevator. What once was a useful means of getting around the classroom was now cut off from the building, gaining rust and being long forgotten. However, its history is engraved in its walls. The now-empty shaft’s history is that of mystery and tragedy.

It began with two students who chose to enter the school grounds long after the school day had ended. In the shroud of night, they snuck inside the school and began to wander. The hallways were eerily dark and empty. The sounds of their footsteps echoed off the walls of the quiet school. The naive children continued to walk through the school, taking pictures and talking amongst themselves in a low whisper.

The two wandered up the roof and walked along the path, recording their journey. The sounds of the pair’s shoes seemed to grow louder. They did not seem to realize until the steps seemed to be too frequent to be just theirs. Upon turning around, the two saw a figure standing just out of their sight, only seeing the silhouette.

The pair looked back at one another before running off in the opposite direction of the figure and back into the building. The once innocent night breeze shifted to an eerie draft once they got inside. They heard the footsteps following them, and they rushed down the stairs and into a random room. The bigger one blocked the door while the other searched for something to block it with, being as quiet as possible. Silence filled the room as the two tried to get their thoughts in order.

They realized were in the janitor’s closet, a wide open room that held a large elevator. The tension kept building. They felt their hearts beat faster, as if it were trying to escape from their chest. From the situation. Time seemed to slow to a halt as they waited patiently. One minute passed, then another. 10 minutes of painful silence and stress, until the doorknob shook slowly, then stopped.

The two seemed to finally breathe after they believed the individual left. That was until there was a loud banging on the door and aggressive attempts to open the door. The boys inside screamed, only ensuring the fact they were found. The two moved one of the shelves in front of the door and ran to the elevator. The absence of light hid the out-of-order sign on the door as they mashed the button to open the door to the elevator. When the door opened, they stepped inside, but there was nothing to step on.

The two plummeted to the bottom of the empty shaft, staring up at the top. They saw the same outline of the figure peering over the ledge before it moved back out of sight. After that, the ceiling seemed to be getting closer.. And louder.

The next day, the caretakers noticed the room was a mess, and the elevator doors were still open. Looking down, they saw a mess of blood and quickly locked down the room. After a small investigation, the room was renovated, with the elevator being removed and covered with concrete and new flooring. The history being covered and the story being lost in time.

However, rumor says that in the bottom half of that elevator, you can still feel the presence of the two individuals. Their fear is confined within the elevator shaft, filling the souls of anyone who is unlucky enough to be trapped inside.​

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. DM gncme#4317 on Discord to get your roles set up!​

Users who are viewing this thread