mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

ririluvsme's KPD application (3rd time's a charm)

ririluvsme

Level 2
ririluvsme
ririluvsme
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
ririluvsme

Discord Name & Tag:
antodoescrack

Which timezone are you in?
GMT +1

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Italian Language Application (Accepted)
Korean Language Application (Denied, not enough detail)
Korean Language Application (Accepted)
Third Language Authorization Application (Denied, not enough detail)
KPD Application (Denied, AI generated)
KPD Application (Denied, not enough detail, little reputation)

Describe your activity on the server:
I first joined in 2019, at the time I was an immature 13 year old who didn't really bother to read the rules, and that caused me to get into trouble a couple of times, but as I gained more experienced on the server and matured, I didn't really face any other similiar problems as I grew less hot headed and gained more self awareness. However, I kept playing through the years, 2020 was probably my most active year, for obvious reasons, along with 2021 when school was mostly online, and so SchoolRP became a sort of second life to escape to since real life was terrible back then. What's cool is that I really grew along with my character, It's been roughly 5 years now and I've seen him go through a lot just like i did, this is also mainly why I think I have a deep emotional connection with this server. In 2022 I started playing less as I was more focused on hanging out with my friends in real life, however I was still very active nonetheless as what mattered to me was having fun with my friends in game and indulge in fun roleplaying scenarios. 2023 was my least active year, as the friends I used to play with probably moved on to other things or played less and less, I still logged on from time to time, however it wasn't really the same thing. At the moment I log on very regularly and I have well over 3000 hours on my belt, so I can tell I have a certain degree of experience with the server and roleplaying in general. SchoolRP still means a lot to me, as it's where I made some great memories and met some really cool people, and i'm hoping to continue this relationship with the server because I think it's still a special part of my life.

What is your motivation for applying?:
Like previously stated, I've been a member of this community for 5 years, with over 3000 hours of roleplaying under my belt, but I never had any opportunity to join a faction different from students. I am not interested in any other faction besides the KPD, and it's the only faction i'd consider interesting to play in. I'm looking for fun to be had roleplaying as a police officer in the chaotic town of Karakura, where crime seems to be thriving enough to have interesting scenarios to play in most of the time, I've been advised to try and apply for other factions to build some reputation, but i'm simply not interested. I want to roleplay as a police officer because I want to have fun policing this corrupt fictional town, and I feel like there's more to SchoolRP than just playing other factions to have enough reputation to be even considered for being accepted into the KPD, even though I feel like i'm experienced enough in roleplaying to be confident enough I could perform very well in the KPD myself, and i'm very confident that with this application I'll prove my worth as veteran member of this community, if not then I guess I'll just apply again even better than I did this time, i'm very determined. In synthesis, I want to apply for KPD because it's the most fun faction to me and it sounds very exciting, I've been playing for years as a regular student and that was fun, but i'm looking for more, and i'm ready for something new. Roleplaying as a cop would allow me to be more involved in the server's story and make a difference, even if small. It's not just about the action itself, i'm also interested in how my character's story would unfold from being a soldier to a police officer, I want to see how being a cop would change him and now he deals with providing for his family. If accepted, I pledge to take the role seriously and commit to the server.

1709466614350.png

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
The KPD is the maintainer of law and order in the town of Karakura, it is composed of 25 officers, 11 ranks and 2 divisions, whose ranks are different since they have different tasks, they're the Detective Division and the Main Division. The Main Division operates with the intent of enforcing the law within the town, it's tasks are to patrol the streets, respond to emergency calls, and address reports of various infractions. They also engage in server-wide events alongside allied factions in joint operations, ensuring the well-being of the citizens of Karakura. Meanwhile, the Detective Division operates with a focus on criminal investigation. They do that by gathering evidence, interrogating suspects, and executing raids to capture suspects. In addition to their primary responsibilities, the KPD is tasked with some other tasks, including : Overseeing the city through the CCTV system, answering concerned citizens at the front desk, and filing logs related to judicial cases, just to name a few. I will now be describing the ranks in these divisions one by one and what they're in charge of.

Main Division

Cadet : The lowest rank, closely monitored, given to new recruits. They undergo a two week rtaining followed by an evaluation. If successful, they become Patrol Officers, if not, they undergo additional training. If passed, they may choose to join the Detective Division
Patrol Officer : Responsible for regular patrolling, responding to calls and community interaction.

Corporal : Supervises Patrol Officers, issues orders and assists in investiagations.

Sergeant : Has a leadership role, supervises units, manages disciplinary matters and performs patrol duties.
Lieutenant : Oversees cadet training and exams, also supervises officers' work.
Captain : Manages units, strategic planning, administrative tasks and contributes to decision-making.
Commissioner : Highest rank in the division, oversees the entire department, sets policies, manages resources and handles community relations.

Detective Division

Detective Constable : Lowest rank, focuses on criminal investigations, gathers evidence and interviews witnesses.

Detective Inspector : Oversees Detective Constables, manages invesatigative teams and carries out similiar tasks as the Constables.

Detective Chief Inspector : Manages multiple investigative teams, coordinates inspectors' and constables' work.

Detective Superintendent : Highest rank in the division, oversees and manages the entire division.

Police Equipment
After having gone through the Department's composition, it's ranks and the duties the officers with those ranks carry out, We'll talk about the equipment the KPD can dispose of to maintain order and de-escalate situations. These items can be both physical items the player can interact with and ItemRP.

Police Baton : A steel baton used by officers to apprehend criminals, it's accessible to all officers and it can be mugged with proper mug permissions. It requires two hits to the head to K.O. the target and it's a close range tool, meaning it has an effective range of 2 blocks.

Handcuffs : A pair of steel handcuffs used to restrain the target's hands, it's accessible to all officers, requires an action and a roll if the suspect resists arrest. It can't be mugged and it's an immediate range weapon, meaning it has an effective range of one block.

Police Radio : A waterproof communication device used by emergency units, it's accessible to all officers and it can't be stolen nor destroyed, unless a blunt or sharp weapon is used.

Stun Blaster : A stun device used by officers to prevent the target from moving, accessible to all officers and requires an action and a roll to be taken out in range. Requires a successful hit to stun the target for 60 seconds, no roll required. It can't be mugged, it's a long range tool, meaning it has an effective range of 8 blocks.

Breathalyzer : A device used by emergency units to check how drunk a person is, accessible to all officers and EMS workers, it's accuracy depends on it's proximity to the police station and it can't be mugged.

Pepper Spray : A 3-time used device used by officers to temporarily blind a target, accessible to all officers and EMS workers, requires an action and a successful roll to be taken out in range, requires a successful hit to blind the target for 60 seconds unless the target is wearing a gas mask. No roll required.

Tranquilizer : A plastic device used by officers to neutralize threats, accessible to Sergeants and Detective Inspectors. Requires an action and a successful roll to be taken out in range, requires a successful hit to knock the target unconscious for 2 minutes, no roll required. It requires an action to reload if in range, it can't be stolen, it classifies as a long range tool as it's effective range is 30 blocks.

Riot Shield : A tempered glass shield used by officers for protection, accessible to all officers : When used defensively, the officer won't be able to use any offensive tools and any frontal/side damage is effectively neutralized. When used offensively, it won't be able to offer any offensive nor defensive capabilities, but it does allow the wielder to use offensive items. It requires an action and a successful roll to be taken out and swapped from hand to hand in range, can be stolen if the officer is knocked unconscious with proper mug permissions, can't be used offensively if not for pushing the target out of range. It classifies as an immediate range weapon, as it's effective range is one block.

Gas Mask : A police-issued gas mask accessible to all on-duty officers, used by them to protect themselves against biological threats. It can be stolen with an action and a roll with proper mug permissions.

Crowbar : A police-issued crowbar used to pry open doors and containers, accessible to Corporals, it can be stolen with an action and a successful roll with proper mug permissions.

Luminol Spray (ItemRP) : A substance container used to identify blood on surfaces, mainly on weapons unless cleaned with hydrogen peroxide, accessible to all on-duty officers and can be stolen with an action and a successful roll with proper mug permissions.

Disposable Latex Gloves (ItemRP) : A disposable non-fingerprint-proof gloves worn by all officers. All on-duty police uniforms carry these by default.

Fingerprint Scanner (ItemRP) : Used to scan a suspect's fingerprints, it can be used to tell if a fingerprint sample has matched a target's results, accessible to all officers.

First-Aid Kit (ItemRP) : A small-sized kit used when an ambulance /EMT service isn't available. When used, it will grant 5 additional minutes to the bleed-out timer, it's accessible by all on-duty officers.

Body Camera (ItemRP) : A constantly recording and live-streaming waterproof camera is attached to the front of an officer's uniform that is stored and accessed from a cloud database, the camera can't be removed but can be destroyed with the use of a blant or sharp weapon, two blunt hits or one stab hit. Accessible to all on-duty officers and it has the same properties as a CCTV, can view anything from the player's point of view.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
In a more ICly perspective, police is important to Karakura because they maintain order in a city where it seems to be like criminals can do whatever they want and get away with it, keeping things peaceful by enforcing rules and regulation and ensuring everyone can enjoy their own lives without disruptions. Police presence also helps keep the people of Karakura safe from potential conflicts and dangers that might arise in Karakura, knowing the instability of the town itself and the continuous events that occur. Dealing with crime is very important in a dynamic environment where players interact and create their own storylines, it is natural that crimes are bound to happen, the police investigate these incidents and add depth to the game's storyline, which connects to my next point : Including a police force in the ficitonal town of Karakura makes it more believable, makes the experience more immersive for players. One last point is that playing as a police officer or engaging with them in roleplay scenarios adds realism and excitement to the game, it allows players (much like myself) to explore different aspects of the game world and develop their characters in meaningful and organic ways.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Affirmative.

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?:
Akira 'Aki' Toyoshima

How old is your character (if accepted)?:
25 years old

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:
Male, He/Him

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

College Bachelor

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:
Korean

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
He stands tall at an imposing 6'3'', with a muscular frame, he has messy brown hair and piercing blue eyes that exude and intense and deep gaze, as well as a square jaw. He has a rather big and noticeable scar on his abdomen, due to a terrible accident occurring during military service. Perhaps what makes him stand out is not only his physical appearance, but rather his resilience and approach to the challenges of his everyday life, along with formidable adaptability and ability to think well in stressful situation, characteristics and expertise only a former serviceman could have.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a professional situation, as a former soldier, Akira would bring a unique perspective to a law enforcement environment, as his time in the military instilled in him a strong sense of discipline, which remains a fundamental aspect of his professional attitude. He would approach any task given with methodicality and efficiency, as he was trained to navigate challenges and fullfill duties with precision. Another important factor would be his respect for hierarchy and authority figures, understanding the importance of following orders and protocols alike, giving great importance to the chain of command. Communication is another area where he would pu this military expertise to work, he would make sure to deliver information concisely and clearly, via radio or orally. He'd have a straightforward approach, making sure that critical details are communicated effectively, to favor swift and decisive action, whether to de-escalate a situation or think quickly. In more relaxed settings, Akira tends to maintain a reserved demeanor, very common among other former military men much like himself, most conversations tend to rarely go over just small talk, this doesn't mean he has a lack of friendliness however, in long conversations he tends to be a great listener, a keen observer, and very empathetic.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
His outlook on the idea of co-workers and teamwork is profoundly positive, as he sees them as not only important for success, but ultimately ESSENTIAL. He would view colleagues like he would've viewed his brothers in arms back at the barracks, understanding that cooperation brings to better results, if not the BEST results. For him, the key elements of effective teamwork should be : clearly defined roles, open communication, and adaptability. He would expect his colleagues to be able to adapt to everchanging situations much like himself, valuing resilience and problem-solving skills over brute force. The most important factor to him is trust. Trust would play a significant role in his approach to teamwork, placing a great deal of it on his colleagues, and he would expect the same level of trust in return. To him, mutuality forms the base of a strong team dynamic and forges a sense of camaraderie and collaboration among team members.

What's your character's backstory?

Childhood
(0 - 12 years old)

00016-2127295850.png

Akira was born in Ashika, Japan, a rural town in the outskirts of Kyoto. His early life was characterized by this green and vibrant environment, where he would usually adventure with his siblings to catch fireflies and other types of small wildlife surrounding the town. He was raised along with his two other siblings : Momoka and Hiroshi, by a single mother, his father had abandoned them to their fate right after Momoka was born, where he went is still unknown to this day. Akira experienced the struggles faced by his mother, who worked tirelessly to provide for her family without a fatherly figure.. And as the costs of life kept rising, Akira matured and realized more and more the situation they were in, wanting to ease her mother's burden as he grew up. Elementary school was a good time for him : he was a very enthusiastic child who wanted to learn more and more about every subject he studied, teachers appreciated his thirst for knowledge and rewarded him with very good grades, while the other kids looked up to him for his intelligence and maturity for his age.

Adolescence
(13 - 18 years old)

1709383543986.png

Middle school was a little more hard for him, as he was going through puberty at the time, suffering from acne, some kids picked on him for his looks, which made him really insecure, this slightly impacted his performance as many kids thought he was a "smartass" or a nerd, however this was also when his sister picked up a passion for gymnastics, and he was fascinated by it, so much so he went to every competition she was participating in, wanting to support her further. High school was much better for him, as he found new opportunities to discover himself and grow as a person, he wasn't as studious as he previously was, due to fear he would be made fun of again for being a nerd, but he was still a good student nonetheless. He discovered a passion for fitness and sports, similiarly to his sister, and it was also a great opportunity to show support for her as they practiced at the same time in the gymnasium, he picked up basketball.a On the court, he was a beast, with demonic speed and agility, some even daring to call him the best sharpshooter in the school.

Military Life
(18 - 20 Years Old)

00008-841126245.png

However, as he graduated, he had to fully embrace the responsibility and consequences of becoming an adult, and he couldn't help but notice his mother was getting exhausted with the growing cost of their life, determined to ease the weight on her back. He had made the decision to enlist in the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF), a choice not only driven by personal ambition, but by a deep sense of duty and responsibility to his family. His mother wasn't too fond of the decision, protesting tearfully until the very last moment, with Momoka wanting to change his mind as well, but without no avail. Hiroshi hasn't been around them since he turned 18, they didn't want to lose Akira as well after Hiroshi and their father, however, Akira assured them he would've been safe, that he would be back, and that he would've provided for them. His mother and Momoka cried as he left, unsure of how it would go without him. Military life was a big change from his civilian life, this decision was about to shape him deeply as a person and test his resolve in ways he could've never imagined. He had proved himself to be a standout recruit right from the start, demostrating exceptional skill and dedication to every aspect of his training, what kept him going was thinking about his family and their struggle. He had natural aptitude for marksmanship and tactics, which gained him recognition amongst his superiors, especially to the Unit Commander, who quickly promoted him to private. Due to the many joint training exercises that were held with the South Korean Military, he picked up interest in learning korean to communicate effectively with allies during joint operations, and he was a natural talent, learning the language in about a year of service. In the firing range, his steady and sharp eye made him and excellent sharpshooter, hitting targets with pinpoint accuracy and mechanical precision, on par with even the most seasoned veterans. In war games and training excersises, his strategic ability and quick thinking set him apart from his peers, earning him a reputation as a natural born leader, being considered for another promotion, he excelled with ease in simulated combat scenarios, and in navigating through complex combat situations. His ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to constantly changing situations gained him a reputation, with his officers considering him a very valuable asset to his unit, this caught once again the eye of the Unit Commander, which promoted him to Private First Class. He had an unwavering dedication to duty and commitment to excellence, which earned him admiration and respect to those around him, peers and officers alike, his comrades were like brothers to him, he had forged innumerous bonds of camaraderie with his unit, camaraderie that carried over to his civilian life. Despite the enormous success he was facing, he kept grounded to his motives, driven not by personal ambition but by a deep sense of duty and responsibility to his family. He called his mother and Momoka every day to let them know he was safe and sound, never forgetting about them, his family's support and the memory of his mother's sacrifice drove him further to succeed against all odds. This went on until one fateful day, during a routine training exercise, disaster struck when a malfunctioning mortar misfired, resulting in a catastrophic accident that he would relive countless times in his head. Like the quick thinker he was, he threw himself to the ground, the shell exploded 6 meters away from him, sending shrapnel into his abdomen and the shockwave breaking his legs, he was very lucky to be alive. Losing a lot of blood, he passed out shortly after. He woke up in the hospital, upon opening his eyes Momoka jumped onto his arms, his mother was in tears, she couldn't believe the state her son was in. They casted his legs abd completely bandaged his abdomen and was 100% garanteed to make a full recovery, that day however.. Something inside him broke. Seeings his mother and sister crying for him convinced him to make a very difficult decision, he decided to cut the bright future he had ahead of him in the JMSDF to help his family in other ways.

Early Adulthood
(20 Years Old - )

1709385534744.png

After being honorably discharged, he moved in with his sister in the nearby town of Karakura, where he would attend university with his sister, working part time jobs here and there to afford tuition for both of them and fund their hobbies. This new life was calmer than what he was used to in the military, maybe the military changed him, maybe the accident did.. What he knew for sure is that he could never forget that terrible day. Momo noticed his change in attitude, he was simple and direct in communications and didn't speak a lot unless he was questioned, was always very vigilant, couldn't sleep at night or woke up suddenly after having terrible nightmares, as he described, could get irritable, and had frightful thoughts, she was worried for his mental health. Listening to his sister, Akira decided to see a professional and take therapy sessions to find out what was going on with his brain. The psych diagnosed him with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), common among veterans or servicemen who've gone through terrible events like his mortar accident. He was prescribed meds, which helped alleviating his condition and to this day he's still facing the challenges of coming back to his former self, despite knowing the military shaped him in a certain way, he's willing to face the challenges of civilian life the same way he faced challenges in his military life, with commitment and resilience.

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
"Karakura's legislation strictly prohibits owning and carrying a pocket knife, if the suspect was accused of possessing such weaponry, I shall order them to face the wall, assuming they don't resist, I shall proceed with my search, upon finding weaponry, I shall confiscate the weapon first, to then cuff and arrest them, bringing them to the Department with me, where they'll be charged with possession of illegal weaponry. The sentence for this type of charge consists of 3 months of detention, if the bail's not paid : Such bail amounts to ¥150,000 yen and can be paid after a waiting period of 3 days after arrest."

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
"There's a multitude of medical items that do not require a prescription, however these are 5 of them : Paracetamol, used for temporary pain relief. Cough Syrup, used to treat coughing, colds , allergies and breathing illnesses. Iron Supplements, used to treat iron deficiency or certain types of anemia. Melatonin, used commonly to treat sleep problems in older patients whose melatonin production has decreased. Last but not least, Multivitamins, a medication consisting of multiple vitamins, used to prevent or treat vitamin deficencies."

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
"First and foremost, it is important to keep calm and make sure my bodycam is on, in order to collect evidence of misconduct by my colleague or multiple colleagues, the second step would be to contact my commanding officer or any other higher-up to inform them about the event unfolding and it's location, urging them to intervene immediately, in the event that the abusing officer or officers were on the same radio frequency, I'd keep myself composed and, without giving many hints to the situation unfolding, I'd still urge the higher-up in question to come to the location ASAP. After these two steps, I shall swiftly intervene and de-escalate the situation by shielding the inmate from the colleague or colleagues responsible of this abuse until the commanding officer or higher-up has arrived to the scene to deal with my colleague or colleagues appropriately. After they're removed from the area, I shall proceed by providing medical assistance to the injured inmate, assuming the injuries are just bruises, and ensuring the absensce of immediate medical urgency, I would administer first aid by gently applying a cold compress or ice pack to reduce swelling and alleviate pain caused by the bruises, while maintaining a controlled and secure environment, ensuring the inmate's compliance and preventing any potential escalation, always making sure they're cuffed at all times and up against the wall so they don't take advantage of the situation of temporary vulnerability I am in, to escape. Whether there'll be a misconduct investigation, I shall cooperate by providing evidence and testimony, if requested, to make sure the officer or officers face the consequences of their wrong behaviour, if found guilty, the punishment would vary on the severity of the abuse, but it generally goes from facing criminal charges to a loss of job."

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
"Assuming there's just one unarmed attacker in this scenario, this is how I would imagine such a situation unfolding : As I witness my colleague getting attacked i step right in to shield him from the imminent threat, in the heat of the moment , as the suspect swings towards me, I'd swiftly raise my arms to shield my face and torso from the incoming blows, then I'd step to the side, to evade the full force of the punch, granted that the use of reasonable force should be a last resort to be used in a very dangerous situation. Sensing the imminent threat, I'd close the distance between me and the suspect, grabbing their dominant arm and apply pressure to their wrist, efficiently restraining them. If the suspect continues to resist, I'd have no choice but to execute a takedown maneuver, leveraging our body weights and momentum to bring the suspect to the ground while minimizing the risk of injury to the both of us. Throughout this whole confrontation, I'd keep communicating with my partner, who I'd expect to stand ready to provide backup and assistance if needed, if not possible, I'd rely on my own combat experience and immobilize and cuff the suspect, I'd request backup to provide assistance to my partner and tasking another officer to bring the suspect to the Department, where they'll be charged with assault on a government official, with a sentence of 6 months and a bail of ¥300,000, as well as a wait time of 5 days max."

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
"If I found out my partner was corrupt and helping criminal organizations, I'd start investigating to provide solid evidence to the higher-ups, without being discovered by my partner, I'd start documentating any observations, conversations or incidents that may raise suspicions on their activities : This documentation may include dates, times, locations and details of any of their interactions with individuals involved in criminal activities. If possible, I'd also interview any witnesses who could have relevant information about their actions or associations, these statements would provide more credibility and context to the ongoing investigation and support the case against my partner. If available, I'd obtain surveillance footage from cameras in areas that may capture them engaging in suspicious behavior or associating with known criminals. After having provided solid evidence, I'd let the higher-ups conduct their own investigation and provide further assistance if requested."

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
"I'd refuse the bribe, and if the individual kept making incessant attempts I would hand them a fine for bribery, which amounts at ¥25,000."

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!

What now?
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (@Yonio) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread