IGN (In-Game Name):

rowschew (alt)

What is your discord username?:
@
rosechu

What is your timezone?:
CST (Central Standard Time)

Describe your activity on the server:
During the weekdays, particularly in the evenings, is when I am most active. I often find myself with ample free time on the weekends, staying up past midnight hanging out with my friends and others. Even with my duties as a student outside of SRP, I will put in my best effort to sustain my responsibilities. I do not have an established routine, but I have provided a table that estimates my playtime during the week pretty accurately!

WEEKDAYS
>
MON, WED, THURS: 4pm - 12am
> TUES, FRI: 5pm - 12am
(with the exception of Friday, I will most likely be staying up later than 11pm)
WEEKENDS
>
SAT. - all day!
> SUN. - availability in the morning, practice at 4pm, availability till 12am.​

List your current roles on the server:
[Grade-12][Volleyball] Amore Flowers - rosechu_ (main)
[Grade-9] Ae-Cha Yun - rowschew (alt)

Link any previous applications:
language app: rosechu_
language app: rosechu_
both were accepted. ^_^

What position are you applying for (Maiden or Priest)?
I am applying for Maiden.

What is your motivation for applying?
Since I have joined SRP, I have only involved myself with various plugins - specifically Volleyball. With that being said, most of my time has been spent interacting with those within the sports faction. I figured this would the next best opportunity for me to take on my chances with a role that still endorses a social, and welcoming environment. When I find time to visit the shrine in game, I recognize the different personas and tasks that the Maiden and Priests take on. The roleplay is vast and contrasts to what the sports faction comes to offer. Despite this, I believe that
interacting with certain individuals has strengthened my roleplaying performance, and has granted me the confidence to step out of my comfort zone. This versatility not only promises a continuum of role-playing opportunities, but it will also grant me the occasion to learn about Shintoism culture and beliefs. To add on, I have only experienced what it's like to portray a silly teenage girl, rather than a practical, and mature character.

What do you currently know about Shintoism? Are you willing to learn more about it?
I am not 100% knowledgeable on the religion, but I am aware of a few facts and its practices. Shinto, the traditional religion of Japan, takes on the belief of spiritual powers and gods, which they call ‘Kami’. Shrines are presented with large portals commonly known as ‘Torii’ gates, and before any individual proceeds to approach the ‘Kami’ at the shrine, they must cleanse their hands and mouths. I am willing to learn more about Shintoism, regardless, It has been in my interest to research the religion on my own time.

IC INFORMATION ౨ৎ

Character Full Name:
Imogen Ávila-Kyǒng

Character Title:
Miss, Ms.

Character Age:

Character Marital Status:
Divorced / Single

Character Nationality:
Panamanian

Degree/Certifications (If applicable):
N/A
e9044e38346613568dc05119f48e88c6.jpg
Backstory
The desire to meet with the shore that once blessed Ávila’s feet, often tugged at her heart strings. The narrow slope of sand, emanating warmth and the overwhelming feeling of ease that not even therapy could provide for her. Oh, how she yearned for an experience like that again. Since her youth, Imogen has depicted herself to be of a lowly nature. There wasn’t anything out of the ordinary about the woman. She always strived to be the best version of herself, while putting others before her own welfare at all times. Anyone could presume that to be her weakness, no?
Surely enough, it was.

Even in her adolescence, Ávila was handed the responsibility of looking after her brother’s children subsequent to his unhealthy work hours.. - Patience was endlessly running through a fragile hourglass for her, resetting with each day passing. It was no easy task, I mean.. Could you do it? She endeared the troubles for her beloved niece and nephew, raising them with her pure-hearted individuality, in contrast to what the cruel world had to offer. This left Imogen to neglect her own needs, but it never gave her a reason to regret doing so. If it meant giving her last crumb of bread to these children, then so be it. Obviously enough.. If you were to ask her, “would you do it again?” the answer would speak for itself: Yes.
Throughout these years of her life, came maturity and a flourishing sense of liability.

Like many others, Imogen wasn’t sure of what the future held for her. It was an intimidating foresight. No one gives you an instruction sheet on how to become an adult, therefore.. she was unprepared, unsure of what was next. It seemed as if she did all of the important things in her youth. Before Ávila knew it, the days and months were being marked off of her calendar and in fear of wasting time, she eventually indulged in harvesting and taking care of plants for a greenhouse manager. It kept her busy, opening a door to welcome in more joy and productivity into her life.

Those herbs had a charisma of their own, indeed. Wouldn’t you know, a passerby found himself drawn to the greenery, making frequent visits. Watching as Ávila hydrated and gave life to the variety of shrubs, he stood out to her, yet she never attempted to create an active conversation with him. Until one day, he approached the woman, despite their language barrier - asking questions regarding specific plants. He owned a distinct French accent, loitering with a rich scent trailing behind him. And thus, marked their introductory, allowing their relationship to blossom further.
but just how unfortunate was it, when his ruthless behavior ricocheted their love? Leaving Ávila to bear her daughter, Fleur Kyǒng, all on her own. All hope must’ve been lost, until she picked her life back up in the heart of Karakura, Japan alongside her niece and her nephew: Aphrodite and Nikólai.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE / SITUATIONS

How does your character act around shrine grounds? How do they interact with guests and other staff?

A humble, and modest woman was who Imogen Ávila-Kyong was. Not only does she pay her respects at the shrine and complete her daily chores; but she treats her peers with high regard, showing off her manners to those who interact with her. She expresses her endearment through the most gifting gestures, whether that'd be brewing a cup of someone's favorite tea - or bringing supper for fellow staff to share. Imogen yearns for more connections with people, originating from the introverted nature she presented before making her appearance here in this new environment. Stepping out of her 'shell', was just like a goal for her! So, Ávila speaks to her community with nothing but pure, kind hearted intentions. Offering greetings, and harmless small talk!

You see a guest jumping around the roofs of the building and overall disrespecting shrine grounds, how would your character handle it?
How distasteful! Not only that, but it's dangerous! Hopping from roof to roof? Ávila, understanding the severity of the situation, takes charge by guiding the individuals away from the rooftop onto the ground floor, making sure they are out of harm’s way before addressing the lack of respect towards the shrine grounds. She makes it clear that disrespect towards the spiritual structures will not be tolerated under any circumstance. Imogen firmly believes in upholding the sanctity of the shrine grounds and will not hesitate to confront those who show contempt or mockery towards it.
In her eyes, protecting the shrine’s honor is non-negotiable. Her dedication to supporting the morals of the shrine is unwavering, demonstrating her commitment to preserving the safety of Shinsei Seinaru Monastery’s existence.

Why does your character want to become a shrine maiden/priest?
Imogen’s newfound independence kept her on her feet, always. She never actually comfortably settled in Karakura, fearful of the challenges laid ahead for her and her daughter. Seeking solace and guidance, she turned towards the spiritual embrace of Shintoism, immersing herself in its teachings to unravel its connection and relevance to her life. For the first time in forever, she felt faith in sync with the shore she once loved, basking in the passing equanimity. It touched the tainted parts of her soul, moving her to share that warmth with others as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread