mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Rule Proposal for Combat Related Actions

Ruin

Level 106
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
let ppl do what they want bro if they wanna use keybinds let them use keybinds. no one needs to specify where / how they grabbed someone or how they moved their toes to kick this dudes liver

MuziekAapje

Level 11
+1 I think the detail PotatoMan is talking about are necessary in most roleplay situations in order for people to know who is grabbing, hitting or doing something else to who. It's incredibly annoying when people don't mention who they are actioning towards with their actions.

pashy

Level 183

This is still making some sort of detail mandatory

+1 I think the detail PotatoMan is talking about are necessary in most roleplay situations in order for people to know who is grabbing, hitting or doing something else to who. It's incredibly annoying when people don't mention who they are actioning towards with their actions.

Specifying your action doesn't have to include another one's name I don't understand where are you coming from. . Specifying s/he means as in "He would reach to their shoulder grabbing them" . . Your argument is a whole different thing from this feedback

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This is still making some sort of detail mandatory
You are 100% correct, this would make a basic level of detail necessary; is there something inherently wrong with expecting people to write in full sentences on a roleplay oriented server? I apologize if this sounds condescending, but if reading more than one word at a time is too difficult for you, please pick up a book before spending your time on a server where reading and writing is a majority of what people spend their time doing.

Emiyo | Layla

Level 37
You are 100% correct, this would make a basic level of detail necessary; is there something inherently wrong with expecting people to write in full sentences on a roleplay oriented server? I apologize if this sounds condescending, but if reading more than one word at a time is too difficult for you, please pick up a book before spending your time on a server where reading and writing is a majority of what people spend their time doing.
no need to be rude, people just dont like your idea- ;skull;

pashy

Level 183

There is nothing wrong with expecting them to write longer sentences but, there is something wrong with forcefully making them do so. . I don't want to sound condescending either but, is it that hard to understand an action? If it's so difficult for you then you should focus more on your school before spending your time on the server and facing a struggle to understand. Watch your manner and words.

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+

On SRP we can't expect everyone to go full detailRP on everything, some people just like quick combatrp, *grabs* > *punches* > *sweeps*. As SRP is still something we do in our free time we shouldn't force anyone into writing paragraphs about grabbing someone and just let them do what they have the most fun with, as long as they're not making a hostile or toxic environment and follow the other rules obviously. I have also seen enough people detail-rping a lot of combat such as in the Fight Club. So everyone can go to somewhere they like and get the RP they want.

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
-1 honestly it's like yonio said if u wanna grab some1 while they attempt to run, detailrping for an enemy that will have reached paris by the time you're done, won't be the best idea though I do like the idea of detailrp for other actions tho

DaStickmon

Level 11
+1
I can see the use in advanced combatrp. Combatrp would be more fun with it.

On the other side
Imagine newer players having to type this kind of actions when someone runs away. And lets say newer players do not use copy paste.

Overall, I think this means I'm giving a -1 due to the reason above

Lizalopod

Level 130
Honestly I don't think this suggestion is meant to force people to make paragraphs, moreso to have people specify their target. It would break keybind actions and encourage people to actually roleplay.

It doesn't mean you have to type up a novel, just adding a target. You could still do /me stabs "targets" carotid for example and it would still be fine. The only thing is that you just couldn't spam it as a keybind lol

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Honestly I don't think this suggestion is meant to force people to make paragraphs, moreso to have people specify their target. It would break keybind actions and encourage people to actually roleplay.

It doesn't mean you have to type up a novel, just adding a target. You could still do /me stabs "targets" carotid for example and it would still be fine. The only thing is that you just couldn't spam it as a keybind lol
^^

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
This would..
- Prevent people from abusing key binds such as "/me grabs" or "/me runs."
- Promote players to roleplay using full sentences instead of single words.
- Create a more interesting dynamic between players fighting, as there could be strategy in building off of and working around what your opponent is doing.
- Clear up confusion over how something is happening or who it is happening to.
as a b-rank tier gang roleplayer (on callmechina's tierlist) i feel the need to input that this does literally shit all and keybinds are extremely integral to srp's gangrp side. when i was more prominent and prolific if you didn't have a keybind when running up to someone to grab them there was no point in even trying to fight them in the first place, as 9 times out of 10 the moment you'd stop to type /me grabs (an action which takes about half of a second to do for me) they're already off from plaza to the fucking paris map with their 100% speed and 100% athletics

like yea sure it's cool that detailrp should exist and i agree but keybinds have a limited amount of space that you can type in on lunar client and i'm pretty sure that's the only client that outright supports it. instead of /me tackles (gang roleplay has a tackle meta) they could detail it out more but i doubt with color codes included that you'd get very far past /me &7&otackles the indivud- so ya

gotta make the problems with gangrp video v2, agreein wit yonio here FUK ROLLIN FOR INITIATIVE DAT SHIT WAS LAME IN THE WAR!!!!

Lizalopod

Level 130
as a b-rank tier gang roleplayer (on callmechina's tierlist) i feel the need to input that this does literally shit all and keybinds are extremely integral to srp's gangrp side. when i was more prominent and prolific if you didn't have a keybind when running up to someone to grab them there was no point in even trying to fight them in the first place, as 9 times out of 10 the moment you'd stop to type /me grabs (an action which takes about half of a second to do for me) they're already off from plaza to the fucking paris map with their 100% speed and 100% athletics

like yea sure it's cool that detailrp should exist and i agree but keybinds have a limited amount of space that you can type in on lunar client and i'm pretty sure that's the only client that outright supports it. instead of /me tackles (gang roleplay has a tackle meta) they could detail it out more but i doubt with color codes included that you'd get very far past /me &7&otackles the indivud- so ya

gotta make the problems with gangrp video v2, agreein wit yonio here FUK ROLLIN FOR INITIATIVE DAT SHIT WAS LAME IN THE WAR!!!!
If a /grab command was implemented (go check out that suggestion) it would be fine. No other actions rely so heavily on keybinds for them to be deemed necessary.

And hey if you really want longer keybinds just install fabric and get the keybind mod, you can fit entire actions and even stack them on one key.

Personally I don't think you need to type a paragraph to have fun rping, but just spamming a couple of the same vague words all the time kinda bricks the experience. Makes it harder to tell what's happening sometimes too.

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
If a /grab command was implemented (go check out that suggestion) it would be fine. No other actions rely so heavily on keybinds for them to be deemed necessary.

And hey if you really want longer keybinds just install fabric and get the keybind mod, you can fit entire actions and even stack them on one key.

Personally I don't think you need to type a paragraph to have fun rping, but just spamming a couple of the same vague words all the time kinda bricks the experience. Makes it harder to tell what's happening sometimes too.
Yeahh!!!! Also how to install fabric

Lizalopod

Level 130
/me punched the individual infront of him on the head with all his power
With this change that wouldn't be valid, you would need to specify a target by name. Like yes that specifies someone in front of you, but what if there's more than one person in front of you, it's still pretty vague.

The only thing that's necessarily not great about this is the fact that it will break grabs, but if the /grab command suggested in another thread was implemented it should be perfectly fine

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- This is already in the rules, but it has been slightly reworded due to recent issues with said rule; we don't discourage players who can't/don't know how to detail their actions, but we do encourage them to properly specify who they're assisting and how (refer to rule 6.7).​
- Do note that assisting in any type of action must be realistic.​

Users who are viewing this thread