CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
IGN:CecilThePotato
DATE:1/10/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:A rule change/tweak
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:I feel as if it will save anyone from losing all of there items

[IMAGES IF ANY]

I suggest a rule change to
3.7d
You cannot have more than one property across your accounts (including alternate accounts).
I find this to be near impossible if your trying to move into a new Apartment/Pent/Delux/House. There should be a breif grace period for you to Move your stuff into the new place before it counts as a rule break. For example me alone i have chests all over my apartment with three alts to boot and I can say for a fact I cannot hold my whole apartment into all three inventory's. It actually just makes it impossible for me to move into a new place unless i grab all i can carry and just leave the rest. I assume you could find someone elses house to dump everything. But with apartments/Houses opening up and signs barely expiring before someone already is standing inside the sign its not like you even have the time to plan ahead and even find someone that can fit a whole apartment in some spare chests. At Minimum a hour to half hour grace period would be all the needs adding in order for people to Move there stuff into the new house and unclaim the apartment.

Last edited:

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
easy. just dont buy an apartment before u moving out the chests(for example to a friend apartment)

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

I feel like a little bit of leniency would be welcomed, and better communication between staff with this honestly

I was told by admins before claiming one of the new houses yesterday that we were allowed to do so, so I spam clicked one of the houses as soon as the sponges disappeared, and got 90 days on it. (By the way, the confirm stuff did not work at all, spam clicking still bypasses it)

But I was then warned by Kimi and had the house removed (not being refunded the amount I spent on it, which wad quite a bit at 750k). I respect the descision to warn for it, but I feel like having an exception on the rule for people who want to move their stuff from their old place to the new one would be a welcome addition.

Considering the only alternative is to unclaim your appartment beforehand and move your stuff to a friend's place, and risk not having an appartment/house if you're unable to snag one.

.Deztiny

Level 0
+1
I agree a grace period of up to an hour, or even just 30 minutes should be allowed to be able to move over items. As well as this, the rent from these disowned houses should be refunded to the players who were affected by it.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1/-1

Let's start with why I agree with this in part. My apartment is a tiny G complex apartment. And there have been occasions when I've spotted an apartment that was unoccupied or one that was about to expire by simply running around the map. I wanted to upgrade from a $30k apartment to a $50k apartment, but I couldn't since I didn't want to get cautioned for having two. My present apartment can get a little cramped at times.

I didn't buy it in the end because I didn't want to leave my present apartment for another when someone could have easily bought the one I just left and kept all the goods [as some on the server can be childish and do this for their own greedy desires] However, including this recommendation would help with stuff being taken right from under people's noses. However, if it is accepted as stated, it must be done in a short period of time, nothing too drastic.

Now for the reasons why I don't believe this should be a thing.

Staff members already have to deal with people who have three or more alts that do this, and the majority of them don't care if it's against the rules or not because people on the server can become power-hungry in search of an apartment. If this were to be permitted, it would allow people to have two apartments without having to disavow one of them as they should. When confronted with this, they may just say, "I forgot." As previously indicated, we can easily build 2-3 double chests in a friend's apartment for a few minutes while you relocate out of the old apartment.

Don't get me wrong: I think this is a fantastic concept for folks who don't want their belongings stolen. However, we must consider how much players will be dishonest as a result of this. The staff currently deals with it, and it has been made clear that it is not permitted; yet, the number of persons who would violate this duty would increase the workload. And that merely adds to the pile of unneeded issues.

If this is approved, and people are dishonest, the punishment, in my opinion, should be severe. Some people are unfazed about warnings. This is why it is still occurring throughout the entire server as we speak.

CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
+1/-1

Let's start with why I agree with this in part. My apartment is a tiny G complex apartment. And there have been occasions when I've spotted an apartment that was unoccupied or one that was about to expire by simply running around the map. I wanted to upgrade from a $30k apartment to a $50k apartment, but I couldn't since I didn't want to get cautioned for having two. My present apartment can get a little cramped at times.

I didn't buy it in the end because I didn't want to leave my present apartment for another when someone could have easily bought the one I just left and kept all the goods [as some on the server can be childish and do this for their own greedy desires] However, including this recommendation would help with stuff being taken right from under people's noses. However, if it is accepted as stated, it must be done in a short period of time, nothing too drastic.

Now for the reasons why I don't believe this should be a thing.

Staff members already have to deal with people who have three or more alts that do this, and the majority of them don't care if it's against the rules or not because people on the server can become power-hungry in search of an apartment. If this were to be permitted, it would allow people to have two apartments without having to disavow one of them as they should. When confronted with this, they may just say, "I forgot." As previously indicated, we can easily build 2-3 double chests in a friend's apartment for a few minutes while you relocate out of the old apartment.

Don't get me wrong: I think this is a fantastic concept for folks who don't want their belongings stolen. However, we must consider how much players will be dishonest as a result of this. The staff currently deals with it, and it has been made clear that it is not permitted; yet, the number of persons who would violate this duty would increase the workload. And that merely adds to the pile of unneeded issues.

If this is approved, and people are dishonest, the punishment, in my opinion, should be severe. Some people are unfazed about warnings. This is why it is still occurring throughout the entire server as we speak.
While I agree with your points I also want to remind that I suggested a time limit as in if you forgot that’s on you. I don’t want to speak for staff but considering it only took 2 1/2 to 3 minutes for me to lose a house I was going to move into before I could even place the chests down to start dumping my inventory into it I’d assume it’s pretty easy for them to find Alt apartments.

xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
IGN:CecilThePotato
DATE:1/10/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:A rule change/tweak
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:I feel as if it will save anyone from losing all of there items

[IMAGES IF ANY]

I suggest a rule change to
3.7d
You cannot have more than one property across your accounts (including alternate accounts).
I find this to be near impossible if your trying to move into a new Apartment/Pent/Delux/House. There should be a breif grace period for you to Move your stuff into the new place before it counts as a rule break. For example me alone i have chests all over my apartment with three alts to boot and I can say for a fact I cannot hold my whole apartment into all three inventory's. It actually just makes it impossible for me to move into a new place unless i grab all i can carry and just leave the rest. I assume you could find someone elses house to dump everything. But with apartments/Houses opening up and signs barely expiring before someone already is standing inside the sign its not like you even have the time to plan ahead and even find someone that can fit a whole apartment in some spare chests. At Minimum a hour to half hour grace period would be all the needs adding in order for people to Move there stuff into the new house and unclaim the apartment.
I’ve heard that one reason for this rule was to give new players a chance to own a property, however in all honestly gaining that much money as a new player is extremely difficult if they aren’t active or doing something such as tailoring or an IC job, which are both difficult to do for new players. This being said, I don’t think any new player is going to be able to afford a 50k-250k a month property. If there is going to be a limit on how many properties you may own I would suggest 2 per person. I was warned for owning two properties before knowing the rules were updated (I was warned before the announcements came out) which I thought was strange and a tad unnecessary too. It seems a bit extreme to limit the entire server to a singular property, when many of its highly active members have more than one account, usually with different age ranges and characters unique to one another.

CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
I’ve heard that one reason for this rule was to give new players a chance to own a property, however in all honestly gaining that much money as a new player is extremely difficult if they aren’t active or doing something such as tailoring or an IC job, which are both difficult to do for new players. This being said, I don’t think any new player is going to be able to afford a 50k-250k a month property. If there is going to be a limit on how many properties you may own I would suggest 2 per person. I was warned for owning two properties before knowing the rules were updated (I was warned before the announcements came out) which I thought was strange and a tad unnecessary too. It seems a bit extreme to limit the entire server to a singular property, when many of its highly active members have more than one account, usually with different age ranges and characters unique to one another.
I can understand where you are coming from but I do have to stand by the rule that was placed and I can agree that people should only be able to own one apartment /ect there just isn’t enough map space for the player base and having one person own multiple apartments is eh. But something I fully don’t agree with is not even having a small grace period to move items into a new house. Your either expected to just take what you can carry and leave everything else or your expected to give the apartment so hopefully some friend that for one doesn’t own a apartment of you have to move all your stuff into there apartment in what could be a very short amount of time

CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
The rules didnt get update guys, it always was a part of rhe rules.
Nah it’s a new rule. I can attest to this because at one point I talked about multiple apartments very publicly in ooc and to most staff members talk about having multiple apartments. I got rid of them and went don’t to one in shopping district once the rule was added

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Nah it’s a new rule. I can attest to this because at one point I talked about multiple apartments very publicly in ooc and to most staff members talk about having multiple apartments. I got rid of them and went don’t to one in shopping district once the rule was added
if you mean owning more than one apartment, it was always a rule

CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
if you mean owning more than one apartment, it was always a rule
Oof lmao guess staff didn’t care back then because I openly talked about it before I Reread the rules after the announcement then I dropped all my apartments but one

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Its not a new rule bro, this rule a thing for long time but because of the houses the staff r looking at this more than few months ago.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Oof lmao guess staff didn’t care back then because I openly talked about it before I Reread the rules after the announcement then I dropped all my apartments but one
well as what was said before, they're looking at it more because of houses being able to be bought and the new complex.

CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
well as what was said before, they're looking at it more because of houses being able to be bought and the new complex.
Meh well Like I said I agree only one apartment should be owned at once. What I Do not agree with is that You cant have any time to move your stuff from one apartment to another.

Users who are viewing this thread