juliiets
juliiets
Omega
IGN:

runningfromkan

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):

anya!#0094

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?:

Yes. I have a well-working microphone, and I am able to speak at almost any point unless given a valid reason otherwise.

Your time zone and current country of residence:

Central Standard, and the United States.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?:

Yes, I do fully recognize and acknowledge this fact.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team:

There are multiple personal and serverwide aspects that might obstruct that potential point of mine being on the Team. The personal ones include a lack of motivation at times. Though I can usually conquer it, at times it does tend to get a bit difficult to cope with how severe it gets. That, and writer’s block. I’ve been a writer for most of my life, and the top obstacle has always been the writer’s block. For weeks at a time even, there have been points where I was at an inability to write anything. Now serverwide, my behavior and any rules I potentially could break would indefinitely block me from continuing on a spot on the Team. That, having a bad reputation, or being toxic to people Out of Character would most definitely lead to my understandable removal from the team.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

From when I was younger, I had always had the passion to write. My mother is a published author, as well as having been a songwriter for artists in various genres. Due to her, writing has always been something I adored and eventually picked up for myself. I’ve found myself writing everything from poetry to novels, though I’ve never published myself as an official author. I still write today for multiple things, from personal poems to songs I send and work on with other people. From that, my passion for writing has just been fueled at the flame even further, so I hope to continue with it in a career one day. I also grew the passion for songwriting due to my uncle, who was a famous singer-songwriter back a few decades ago. Thanks to him, I write a lot of music in his style.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

Yes. As mentioned above, I write for personal and other causes, and have for years. I’ve learned through my mother how to write, and she’s encouraged me to write with what I have. I’ve written for apps such as Wattpad in the past, racking in thousands of readers. Other writing circumstances include songs I’m currently writing for an indie band - though the status of usage is pending, and my own personal career in music. That, and I also write for an SRP tailoring server, including lore and descriptions, and I do grammar checking for certain types of writing such as language applications.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

Lore is the common body knowledge of a certain topic - in this case, Karakura. It has its own folklore and factual lore, all of which come together to create that aforementioned body. The lore is what teaches everybody the history and legend of the island, bringing the moral lesson and common beliefs that everyone has over it. Lore serves its purpose in connecting people to the culture and other history about the topic it involves, and many variations come from it. Karakura, for example, has the starting lore with the castes, all the way to the lore involving The Storm.

WRITING PROMPTS:

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

577 WORDS.

Kure Kaseya, Kenzo, and Anita Yamada were all at Karakura’s hospital. Anita realized her Schizoaffective Disorder diagnosis was important, and she decided to prioritize getting an evaluation for it. Her luck, Sunako Kirishiki, one of the resident psychiatrists, was there. Sunako, having practiced this before, was happy to help with the evaluation. As Kenzo waited, Anita and Kure followed Sunako up to one of the therapy rooms. Sunako introduced herself to both females, “I’m Sunako Kirishiki, a psychiatrist here. Let’s start with the schizoaffective evaluation.” Anita complied, answering the questions asked to her truthfully but apprehensively. Kure occasionally kept an eye on Anita, making sure she was okay the whole period of her evaluation.
After the evaluation was completed, Sunako thought it best for Anita to be prescribed Paliperidone, a medicine to help her against her symptoms - like getting rid of her hallucinations. Anita decided to agree, and she got the medicine she so desperately needed. There was a small issue, however; she refused to take it, no matter how Kure, Kaisu, or Kenzo tried to convince her. The party decided to go outside to speak. Anita seemed okay, talking to her two companions until she looked into the distance. She said only one thing, “Arakan!” and Kenzo immediately tried to get her to take her medicine. Anita shook her head. She told them she would only take the medication when Arakan came for her. Kure sighed, saying that 'Arakan' could come with them to find something for Anita to drink. She finally gave in, being handed a water bottle by Kenzo. Kure sat Anita down on a bench, and gently spoke to her, keeping her distracted as she took the pill. Once she did, what she saw of Arakan suddenly disappeared.
This broke Anita. She couldn't remain sitting where she was - all of her strength was gone; she fell to the ground in front of her. Kure gasped, watching as Anita fell. Kenzo stayed in a still position, watching as his wife shattered. That's when it happened. Anita screamed. She screamed bloody murder like she had watched Kenzo be murdered in his cold blood. Kure and Kenzo both were quick to fall to her side, embracing her throughout the entire scream, and through the horrid sobs she let out. "Arakan, Arakan. . ." was all Anita could manage to say. She couldn't handle this pain she was feeling, she needed Arakan there. She wanted her Kan back, and the fact that he was gone only made things worse for her. Kure and Kenzo held her together throughout the screaming fits, not even blinking. They did all they could, watching as Anita screamed and wailed, trying to grasp onto anything. It was obvious the pair were the closest to her, and Anita grabbed onto both of them as if their physical presence would bring Arakan back. “What's wrong? Why can't I hear or see him?” Anita cried. “Why can't I?” she sobbed. Her voice sounded like broken glass. Kure nor Kenzo could answer, because they couldn't tell her what she already knew. . . the medicine kicked in, and she eventually calmed down from seeing the hallucinations. It hurt her to know that Arakan wasn't ever there in the first place, but she slowly managed to come back to her senses. . . and she passed out in no time from the sheer exhaustion and agony she was feeling.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

743 WORDS.

The Sato Twins’ Haunt; this tale was as old as time within Karakura.
It first started with Hanako and Hinoto, fraternal twins that usually lived together in harmony. Hinoto had married a woman by the name of Jaida, and at first, Hanako and the latter were best friends. That is until Hanako’s feelings for Jaida began to grow. She watched Jaida and Hinoto from afar; it was obvious how in love they were. They seemed so perfect for each other, Hanako always thought. But alas, she couldn’t shake her own feelings off; plus, she couldn’t ruin it for her brother. For ten years, Hanako dealt with her feelings and kept them at bay, but she finally got frustrated and she had enough. She was going to have to tell her brother and Jaida about how she felt. Every time she had tried to communicate her feelings with the couple, they just seemed to be more and more in love; and Hanako knew she had to do something about it. She didn’t know what her plan was going to be until they had all walked near the lighthouse together. Hanako suddenly stopped, looking upward toward the lighthouse’s floor where the barriers crossed it off. Her thoughts began to stir, and they grew malicious. For months, she thought of what she could do; and then she finally came up with her idea. She was going to end her brother’s life by pushing him from the lighthouse; with Jaida watching.
Hanako had called for Hinoto one winter’s night, asking him and Jaida to come up to the top of the lighthouse. Hinoto had happily obliged; Hanako was practically his best friend, not to mention his sister. Hinoto loved to hang out with her, especially if Jaida was involved. The pair made their way from their complex A apartment to the lighthouse, where they climbed the stairs and the ladder to meet Hanako. As they arrived, they noticed Hanako seemed quite out of it. She was staring, entirely zoned out, at the ocean. Her gaze was blank, almost lifeless. This understandably concerned Hinoto, so he stepped forward in order to get Hanako’s attention. “Hana?” Hinoto murmured, gently tapping Hanako’s shoulder. Hanako slowly turned her head toward Hinoto. Her gaze remained as lifeless as it had been from the start; she just stared right through her brother. Both Hinoto and Jaida shuddered at the eerie gesture, but both pursued Hanako anyway. Jaida shifted uncomfortably between both of her feet, standing back a slight distance while Hinoto stepped closer. Hanako’s eyes slowly went from a blank stare to one filling with sheer rage. Hinoto’s face paled as she continued staring; he’d never seen her this way before. Hanako took her brother’s arm into both of her hands, slowly tightening the grip. She turned toward Jaida with no remorse in her eyes, “Jaida Sato, I’ve had intense feelings for you for a decade. I’ve tried so hard to keep them away and at bay, but lately, I haven’t been able to shake them off. I love you, and I hate it. I hate that I love you, knowing you love Hinot-“ her sentence was interrupted. Her brother had begun a swing toward her face with his free hand, and she noticed this in the corner of her eye. In the spur of a moment, she had shoved her brother.
She thought she had pushed him toward Jaida - but rather, she pushed him off of the lighthouse. Jaida screamed in horror, while Hanako slowly turned downward to see her brother’s disfigured corpse at the bottom of the lighthouse. Suddenly, the sound of sirens echoed throughout the area. Hanako turned to Jaida, who was shaking in fear, but holding her phone. “Hana, I- I’m so sorry, but you - you killed Hinoto. . . You killed my husband, your twin brother.” Hanako only shook her head, just slightly. She, much to the surprise of Jaida, just descended from the ladder, and she began strolling down the steps. She was quickly met with cops, and she didn’t resist being arrested. She glanced at her brother’s corpse again, just as they were covering it. “I’m so sorry.” Jaida rushed down the steps, screaming again as she saw a slight part of Hinoto’s figure; this caused Hanako to snap into reality - she really killed her brother.. over a woman. She lost her best friend, for a woman. She’d never forgive herself for this.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
We suggest you practice your sentence structure and diction.​

Users who are viewing this thread