Level 17
juliiets
juliiets
Omega
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):
runningfromkan

What is your discord name & tag?:
anya!#0828 (Subject to change, the tag is on Nitro and my subscription is due to run out today.)

Previous bans:
None as of this previous moment.

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm typically on every day if not every other day. When on, it's typically for hours at a time, especially starting in the afternoons and going to the late nights and early mornings.

What is your timezone?:
CST

List your current and past applications:
Spanish | Denied
Spanish #2 | Accepted
Italian | Accepted
Russian | Accepted
JSL | Accepted
Third Language | Denied
Reporter | Denied
Lawyer | Denied
Lore Team | N/A

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:

I've been familiar with and in the field of roleplaying since I was younger. I've done both live-action and chat, which were both great experiences and I've only expanded and gone out of my shell with SRP. I've had horrific experiences like IC murder, to romantic experiences like an IC wedding. I've also had my fair share of being in the hospital ICly and learning from there. The detailRP for EMS workers has inspired me to continue with my own DetailRPing, and it's heavily inspired me to apply as I am now.

What is your motivation for applying?

I'm absolutely in love with the idea of writing, and I love the medical field a lot. I'd love to get to know more about what it's like to be a worker within EMS, and that's what has motivated me to continue applying. I know the real medical world is much different from IC, but I do know it has its realistic perspectives and I would like to explore those and feel the motivation to try for medical school in the future.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):

Surgeon

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

I've been in and out of the hospital since I was a kid. I've grown up around a lot of different doctors, from urologists to neurologists, and I've always admired watching their work. I've always, especially, loved the different surgeons I've had to work with over time, especially the ones that deal with the brain. I've always found it fascinating, how they were able to solve the issues that my mother and I both have, from the surgeries to the simple MRIs.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I fully acknowledge and accept it.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I will be fully dedicated.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I acknowledge this fact.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

Yes, I do acknowledge this. However, if an OOCly issue sprouts from this - such as OOC toxicity - I will acknowledge and embrace the fact that I must report the individuals within this situation.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Deruta Heddo

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:

Female, She/Her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/Ph.D.):
Deruta completed a Master's Degree in Medicine, which led her into pursuing her medical career just like her mother previously had. She'd always had a passion growing up, watching her mother in the field of EMS, and it eventually brought her into studying it in college and applying for a role just like her mother in the hospital of Karakura.

Character’s Nationality:

Japanese

Character’s Marital Status:

Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Shinto

Character’s Spoken Languages:

Japanese

Backstory (100+ Words)

Born into the notable Heddo family, Deruta was the oldest of Neko Heddo’s children. Being the eldest, Deruta knew she had to set some form of example for her younger siblings. She decided to set herself in being a role model for her family, which meant doing whatever it took to ensure authority and safety over those younger and older than her. As Deruta got older, she discovered just how passionate she was to watch her mother hard at work within the field of surgery. She could tell that her mother truly cared about what she was doing, so Deruta did everything in her power to do the same. As time passed, her love for watching her mother working at the surgery table became a giant passion. She became more and more entranced by seeing her mother’s passion and commitment and was determined to follow in the footsteps set by her mother. Deruta began volunteering at hospitals where her mother worked. She made sure to spend as much time there as possible, making sure all those who needed help were given assistance.
Eventually, it was time that Deruta got the chance to graduate. She walked the stage with her degree in Medicine, and she then found it best to work in and apply for a role in the Karakura Hospital. She decided, just like her mother, to become a surgeon. Her passion continued to burn, visiting the hospital at times to speak to those recovering, and those who performed the practices. Through each time she had done this, it was obvious she longed for a residency, and she decided to pursue just that. She finally decided to resume through applying for a residency underneath her mother, hoping very highly that she would become what she had longed for since she was a child.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)
Deruta had always been exceptionally skilled in the field of neurological surgeries, like the Chiari malformation surgery. Due to her best friend, Anita Yamada, having this malformation, she decided to pursue the neurology surgeon position, to continue her work not only on Anita, but anyone else struggling with any form of neurological issues.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?

For a year after finishing, she decided to move to Kyoto. Deruta worked under the Kyoto University Hospital, where she continued gaining experience in the aforementioned neurosurgery. Before returning to Karakura, she decided to make one stop. She worked for an extra six months under one of Nagasaki's hospitals, where she gained further experience in other forms of surgery. She learned how to perform everything from appendectomies to tonsillectomies, and she decided to take that information with her back home.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
As previously mentioned, she worked as an intern surgeon for the Kyoto University and Nagasaki University Hospitals. She never secured a permanent spot in either place, knowing she had wanted to go to Karakura again to work for the hospital there. She had always dreamed of training under her mother, doing just as she did when she was a kid; watch in absolute fascination with her mother's skill, and then proceed to work in that field.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?

No. She hasn't gone back to school for any reason after graduating from medical school in Karakura. Her immediate response was to go to Kyoto and then Nagasaki for her residencies. Her career kickstarted itself with those two residencies before she came home to work underneath her mother.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, and what makes them unique?
Despite being a carbon copy of her mother, Deruta does have her own contrasts that make her look unique. To go against her mother's pale and subtle complexion, Deruta has tanned skin, and her hair is a much lighter shade of blonde from previously bleaching it. She also has the show of scars across her two arms, from being in a wild animal attack when she was younger. Another notable feature is a burn underneath her left eye, which was caused by an accidental fire.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Deruta is a very professional person on and off duty. She's very mature for someone in her mid-20s. She's not one to usually drink or smoke, and she deals with all sorts of situations with propriety and maturity, even if she might be in the wrong. She doesn't like to act against anyone, unless she truly needs to. She constantly puts her family first, and she will always continue to defend them, no matter what the case is. She also hates violence, so she would never physically or even verbally hurt a person off duty, and especially not on.
She's also noted to be a social person, and a people pleaser. She hates to say no in situations, and she'd always do her best for whatever people want her for, or to do.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
With how social she is, she definitely gets on with being with others more than her own. She's far less productive being on her own, which typically halts her medical process. She always had studied and worked with more than one person, and her position in her previous hospitals usually involved other people, even including her patients. She always loved working with patients, even if they were underneath anesthesia. Her productivity and motivation constantly remained up in terms of her being with someone while working, and it's always helped her stress levels to be near a person or people.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Deruta hopes to one day become clinical lead for the surgeons, helping being responsible for the training and whatnot for interns or surgeons just starting out. She loves to help out with those such things with Neko, who - again - was the reason she was applying in the first place. She also hopes to start her own family and potentially light a path for her child, whether in the medical field or not. Her family means everything to her, and a successful future with them is what means the most to her over anything. She hopes to excel with them, and be close to what they have going on at all times, in or out of the hospital.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?

Deruta is most definitely perceived by the way she acts. Her motherly, and mature personality lead her to being shown as a good authority figure, someone definitely fit for a tough, or stress inducing role. Most people she is affiliated with, especially in her friend circle, are all typically the far opposite, being involved with illegal stuff - even if she doesn't know about it. She's usually finding herself to be the one to bail people out, rather than have to be bailed herself. Adding to that, Deruta is also contrasted from her lovers in the past, being the 'adult' in the relationship in most cases. She's usually shown strongly as a hardworking, intelligent person; she's constantly in her apartment, studying at a constant rate rather than going out late at night like others she might be involved with.​

6Pancake

Level 224
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - alex!#4532 - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread