mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Saige Takashi | School Council Application

rvera

Level 2
rvera
rvera
Rich
Copy of Calendar & Weather_ Personal Organizer for Elementary by Slidesgo (3).jpg

What is your Minecraft Username?:

rvera

Past warns/kicks/bans?:

None!

What is your timezone?:

EST

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:

Yes; vera#8212

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

N/A

Describe your activity on the server?:

Fairly active, especially recently! (4-5 hours online, weekdays; 6+ hours, weekends)

List your accounts and roles on this server?:

rvera ; Grade-12 Student

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:

Yes, and that's totally reasonable.

Copy of Calendar & Weather_ Personal Organizer for Elementary by Slidesgo (2).jpg

What is student council and what do they do?:

Student Council is a body of students with significant responsibilities who represent the students of their school. They organize events, propose meetings, collaborate with students, and execute such ideas. They are also considered the bridge between typical students and administrators, basically, the voice of both so when an issue arises, common ground is met.

Most importantly, the student council makes sure that students feel a sense of belonging. Many students feel lost or alone, especially when they're new. Student council members should be an immediate resource to approach when certain students feel this way. If there are new students or new faculty, any member of the student council should not hesitate to take the initiative to show them around and help them out.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):

Leadership, events, and doing the right things are what I'm passionate about. The student council would also be a great opportunity to be that bridge between students and administrators. I love collaborating with people, hearing new ideas, and putting forth the effort to create something grand from something that was thought to be so simple.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):

Of course! I believe this will be something that easily passes with me. I aspire to be an event coordinator at some time and I frequently come up with great ideas, such as selecting venues where school dances should be hosted or picking certain schedules for meetings and events.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

In student council there are the following roles:

President

Vice-President
Secretary
Treasurer
Councilors

and

Important Roles who are Major Contributors

Principal
Administrators
Teachers
Students

Copy of Calendar & Weather_ Personal Organizer for Elementary by Slidesgo (1).jpg

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

My immediate response is to kindly interrupt them, maintain my distance, and warn them about the severity of verbal harassment. I'd ask them to settle down and pull them aside individually, take a deep breath, and ask about their perspective on the situation and come to an agreement/understanding.
If I'm not being taken notice of, I'd calmly remind them one last time of the consequences of their actions and my last resort would be to radio an administrator for guidance.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

I believe running after them would not solve anything as it could potentially be chaotic. In my opinion, the best option for this is to radio staff and calmly alert them of the situation. I definitely would follow their whereabouts to prevent from other students being harmed, but not go out of my way to run after them as it could cause chaos, as mentioned.

There seems to be a councilor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?

I'd approach the councilor and the student, and pull the councilor aside while briefly asking the student if they're okay and if they could calmly stay put. I'd collectedly remind the councilor of their duties and that what they're doing is wrong. Explain to them that they're making the student feel uneasy and that it's not okay to do that. I'd kindly give them a warning, and remind them of the consequences they could potentially face when they abuse their powers.
I would alert a higher-up and tell them it's not an emergency, but rather a warning, just to notify that such occurrence happened within a councilor.
I'd then approach the student and ask them how they're feeling and maybe do breathing exercises if necessary. I'd apologize on the councilor's behalf and let the student know that it was not their issue and not to hold it over their heads, in case they feel overwhelmed about the situation. I'd ask them if they would like me to do anything, but if they're all set, then I'd let them continue with their day!

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?

To be quite honest, my first option would be to turn to a StuCo friend and ask them if they knew the information I was missing. I would not want to disrupt the president or vice-president and present myself as not an active listener.
However, if I had no other choice, then I would definitely ask the president or vice-president to remind me of such information. I'd apologize for being inattentive at the time and thank them for what they do and for providing me with the information I had previously missed.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

I simply would not follow through with what they say and just tell them that I was initially taught something different. I would stick to my gut since my higher-ups definitely would know better than certain teachers or receptionists when it comes to governing the school.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):

Introducing to you, the Forensics Club!
Many students particularly take an interest in problem-solving, investigating, crime scenes, and all sorts of that!
Well, the proper solution would be Forensics Club! A club where students are given crime scene investigations and pieces of evidence to find out the root of a crime. They are given a lab involving the usage of microscopes and latent print examiners for fingerprints. Blood sampling, collecting, fiber ****ytics, and more are involved!
Anyone is welcome to join! (To get more interest from newer students, and for them to get involved).

The Bobcats are in dire need of school spirit, so what better way to do so than by introducing a spirit week and frequent pep rallies!
Students of all age groups have the responsibility and opportunity to vote on numerous themes for each day of the week and dress up particularly to that theme!
Student Council and any administrator interested in advising spirit weeks could talk about what themes could be presented in the voting ballots, so that options are agreed on within the administration, as well as voted by the students. It's a win for everybody!
Now with pep rallies, the cheer captain, (any major) sports captain, student council, and staff would all have to collaborate to make fun and memorable pep rallies. The pep rallies would include an introduction to the cheer team, then the grand opening of the (representing sport) team, following sponsors of the pep rally, and then fun activities that are entertaining to not only the participants but the crowd as well!

My last idea, Student Grade Representatives
I believe everyone, no matter which grade, should have a voice and feel the need to be represented. I feel as if many of the student council members are only upperclassmen, which definitely makes sense as they have more experience and tend to handle things more maturely! However, I believe Student Grade Representatives should be put into place for the following reasons.
Many schools tend to have a Grade 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12 President/Representative, and I feel as if we should do the same. It helps students in younger age groups feel represented, as well as gives the opportunity to them to take a stand in leadership and see what the responsibility is like. They should also have a chance to vote as a high school experience and just overall be involved. It's a great way to show that Karakura is very inclusive to all, no matter who.

Copy of Calendar & Weather_ Personal Organizer for Elementary by Slidesgo.jpg

Character Name:

Saige Takashi

Character Gender:

Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:

(030)-837-0929

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:

Saige is warm and usually social, frequently initiating conversations, but sometimes just talks when talked to. She is practically open to anything she puts her mind to. Although blunt, she is very friendly. Saige can be very enthusiastic when needed and can be spunky or quirky at times, also very empathetic. Someone who is good the "reading the room." She is extremely good at taking initiative but tends to be a little inconsistent. It does not take a lot for her to get upset, but when she's upset, little damage is done. It takes her no time to get over something.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

Saige is 5'10, half Japanese, half English. She particularly takes to her dad who is Japanese.

2022-05-15_21.29.11.png2022-05-15_21.29.18.png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

I have previous experience similar to a Student Council representative. At my former school in the UK, I was appointed as Head Girl of my year. As Head Girl, you have to take a great amount of initiative and show ideas that are beneficial to the school. Amongst the city I lived in (a suburb of London), many people did not recycle and this was an immediate issue I saw. I organized a meeting with my peers as well as an administrator to bring attention to the issue at hand. After a few weeks of development, Brixton Green Project (BGP) was released. We released flyers to promote the project and set up fundraisers to give out recycling bins to families who were accepting donations of them. Each week, we had a set of students from the school volunteer to pick up recycling from families and got them sent to local factories. I believe this experience definitely inspired me to keep doing what I've been wanting to do; lead and succeed. I take a great amount of initiative to do what is right, delegate as needed, and focus on building proper relationships with my peers as it's beneficial to everyone's work ethics and overall environment.

Why do you want this position?:

I am confident that I would make a significant difference within the school community and be a prominent, positive contribution to Karakura High School. I would adequately represent the school and follow tasks presented by StuCo leaders and delegate to fellow students. I'd love the opportunity to lead students into doing what is proper. I want to allow students to enjoy their time in Karakura High School without being extremely over-the-top or inappropriate, and it'd be amazing to have the opportunity to help out administrators and be their voice when some students cannot be bothered to listen.

What interests you the most about student council?:

All the opportunities presented to me; meeting new people, being able to hear about their backgrounds, and collaborating with them. I'd love to have the chance to execute a great idea if possible with the help of peers and faculty. As mentioned before, I want students to feel heard and secure. No one deserves to have a bad experience while on school grounds, including faculty and administration.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:

My uplifting, positive energy would significantly be a great impact on students. Something as simple as a compliment, or a greeting could easily make any student's day. I believe that providing an example as to what students should do will lead the school to being safer, and as mentioned, I will present to be approachable so that students wouldn't have to worry about coming up to me with an issue they have. Overall, I would love to make the Karakura High School experience enjoyable for anyone enrolled!

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
PENDING

Your application was good, however, we have decided to place it on pending for now until the Student Council falls out of ratio.

[!]
If you have any further questions please contact either Customable#1590 or cen#5204 on discord

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to Student Council!

Please contact cen#5204 on discord for more information on where to get started!​

[!]
Ping Customable#1590 in the academics discord in #help to receive your roles!

https://discord.gg/4cQstbfsa6

Users who are viewing this thread