mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted scarlott | Lore Team Application (Updated)

florestia

Level 43
Community Team
Lore Team
florestia
florestia
Omega+
IGN:
Main: scarlott
ALTS: loreangel & scarlizzle

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
Hoeqq#3837

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes I do have a fully functioning microphone and I am able to speak via discord majority of the time!

Your time zone and current country of residence:
AEST/AEDT (GMT+10/11) | Australia
On an additional note, I would just like to add that in case of team meetings or anything in regards to participating in an event involving the lore team or certain time periods, I am more than capable of catering to any timezones, it does not bother me or my irregular sleep schedule!

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A, this would be my first community team application.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes I recognise and fully understand that I can be removed from the team at any given time.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
As of right now, it'll only ever be my uni assignments and my job. However both won't really hold much of an obstruction to my workloads!

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing has always been one of the things that I’m passionate about. Whenever I have something on my mind, I would jot it down or type it in my notes. No matter how small or pathetic it seems, I would always write it down, because you never know when you’re going to go back to it and create something cool, out of inspiration. Writing allows me to work more on my creative side, building alternate universes, further feeding my creative flow. Not only can I branch off on what I write each time but it also gives me art prompts and an opportunity for character art, adding more atmosphere to my writing.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I've written lore for a few SRP families and a few locations on another RP sever (Harry Potter based Fantasy sever) Besides that, I have a lot of experience in creative writing, mainly from school, especially with assignments but apart from that, I don't really have much 'professional' experience, I just do this for fun! But I would love to gain some more!

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the backbone to every good creation, lore provides history and significance, particularly in role playing games or any game that takes place in a made up universe, the lore typically refers more to the backstory/history of either your character or the game world, while the story refers more to the current events of the game and the various exploits your character undergoes which is built upon said lore.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

'The Interview' ( 1,003 words )

Pressure engulfed him; it crushed his body and held him down like weights. He vigorously tapped his foot trying to calm his throbbing heart. His flaring nostrils began to exhale hot air and his skin began to take the shade of a ripe cherry. He began to loosen his tie which was suffocating him. He had been waiting in the room for nearly an hour and he was slowly losing his patience. He gazed around the room, looking at the overachieving candidates wearing the same black and white attire. His attention then fell towards the window on his right, he saw the young adults, who had just began their lives into the real world enclosed within a campus surrounded by high metal bars. They were rushing in all directions to reach their classes, with anxious faces betraying the pressures that governed them. Coming to a realisation of his future of restraints and crushing stress for the next four years, he felt frightened and perplexed. But he didn’t question his thoughts; he pushed them aside and continued to look at the linear road ahead of him.

He glared at the other candidates in the room and tried to figure out their stories and thoughts. He wondered if everyone in the room wanted to be here, were they content with the life they were going to pursue or were they just flowing with the current to get through another day. But he couldn’t see through them, their masks were worn perfectly without any cracks or openings. He started to wonder, was he the same? Did he have a mask too or was it just his natural face? He knew that deep inside he didn’t want to be here, he never asked for this but it had never been his choice to begin with. Life planned from the beginning, he had everything worked out for him from the moment of his birth but he never seemed to question the status quo. Every minuscule decision of his life was preordained for him; he felt that they were living his life for him. Coming from a family of overachieving siblings and relatives, he never felt he could compare up to them. He just didn’t want to disappoint his loving family. Even today, was because of his micromanaging parents. They arranged this interview; they applied on his behalf and even wrote the generic answers of common questions asked. All his life he felt like he was trying to reach a destination he never chose and was taking a path his family laid out for him, he turned when they told him to and stopped when they commanded him too. He never said “No”. As he glanced at his watch, the rhythm of his toes started to speed up and his pores began to excrete concentrated amounts of sweat.

All his blood started to rush to his brain. Thoughts after thoughts and questions after questions started to flood in his mind. What was he doing here? WHY? He questioned himself again. Why did he not speak up? Wasn’t he an individual with his own thoughts and desires? Why did he blindly follow his parents? Didn’t he have the right to make his own choices?He still remembered the void and neglect he felt when he never met their expectations. The judgmental eyes and the stifling tension in the atmosphere always brought a sense of guilt when he objected to their decisions.

He reminisced about all those moments in his life where he rejected invitations from friends, turned down offers from clubs and never did anything for him, just to avoid the disapproving looks and the condescending remarks. Success and accomplishment in life was what his parents wanted for him and unnecessary activities that he would want to take part in would always set them off. Felling chained and bounded by constraints, he never once truly felt free. As doubt crossed his mind he began to have a fighting dilemma with himself. Voices in his head were telling him to stay while others were telling him to leave. He knew that if he defied his parents, they would become furious and dissatisfied. He always wanted to break his shackles and make his own decisions but every time he tried he would picture them with their disdainful eyes. He would remember the lectures he would get and the loud pejorative tone they would give it in, he would think of how their eyes would widen which would strike fear into any child’s heart.

These thoughts would always suppress his courage. He didn’t know what direction his life was heading towards, but through his time in the room he came to a realisation that being here was definitely not where he wanted to be. He did not know what he wanted to do or where he wanted to go, all he wanted to do was experience absolute freedom. He began to feel a sense of tranquility throughout his body as the calmness started to make his mind clearer. For the first time in his life, he had purpose, direction and stability. The door down the hall suddenly opened making a screeching sound; alerting all the candidates inside in the room. They all turned their heads towards the door, thinking aloud one thought “Who’s Next?” As the figure of a woman approached the room, her steps got louder with each subsequent movement, his heart started to pound faster as the distance grew shorter. The knob slowly rotated and she finally entered the room. “Mr. Kamata, we are ready for you please come this way.” There was absolute silence in the room, no one replied, no one stood up. The woman asked again “Mr. Kamata?” she looked confused, as her eyes moving across the room, trying to search for the candidate. Once more she asked “Mr. Kamata, are you here? The other candidates also joined in and looked around the room trying to figure out if this “Mr. Kamata” was there. He did not reply.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

'The Tragedy of Karakura Lighthouse' (504 words)

At first glance, Karakura beach seems to be filled with excitement; to carnival rides and boardwalk shopping, this social hotspot has it all. However, it's the dark eerie past, which locals chose to omit to eager tourists.

It's speculated that many years ago before the lighthouse was built, the coast of Karakura was considered a death wish for ongoing captains. The dark sea was destructive without the aid of the guiding light, because of this, an abundance of shipwrecks occurred, leaving little to no survivors every time. These drownings had caused a dark cloud of spiritual negativity and tragedy, which would wind up on Karakura's very own shore.

Following the spike in deaths, the government had finally placed a lighthouse along the shoreline, however the shipwrecks kept occurring... All in the one spot. Locals suspected the waters had been cursed. One night, a massive storm had begun brewing on the east coast of Karakura at the same time there was a cargo ship passing by. Which to no avail, became victim to the curse that circulated around the area. However this one time there had been a single survivor; his name Kinjo Heika. The male had miraculously swam his way back to land, reaching the rocky edge of the lighthouse. In desperate need of warmth, Kinjo distorted and confused, slowly made his way to the door of the lighthouse, which had been left unlocked by the caretaker who was still up there. Unfortunately, Kinjo's search for refuge was short-lived. Just coming down the stairs, the caretaker had mistaken Kinjo as a trespasser and did not hesitate to fire his weapon. Due to Kinjo's dire state, he unfortunately had passed away on the stairs after being murdered by the caretaker.

For awhile, the lighthouse had been abandoned, leaving the area to be inhabited by the local Yakuza. The lighthouse would become the hotspot for committing all kinds of horrendous acts. Almost every murder that had occurred, happened there. The now crime ridden area, became a major source of pain, horror and tragedy. Having little to no local residents going near the lighthouse.

As time passed, the Yakuza had slowly disbanded. Leaving the lighthouse abandoned yet again! That was until very recent times. . . The pier was soon turned into a bright and lively hotspot for teens which grew in popularity more and more everyday. Parties, gatherings, shopping sprees to day outs', The pier had it all. But not many have the guts to stay back as the night unfolds. . . It's told that at night time ghostly figures and apparitions can be seen in the lighthouse window and surrounding areas... some even say that Kinjo can be seen crawling out of the water. Legend has it that if you visit the lighthouse on the same night of the accident, you can hear the gunshot and the scream echo throughout the building.

Will you dare enter the lighthouse and watch history unfold again?! Or... will you idly walk by and not bat an eye towards poor poor Kinjo.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
PENDING
We thank you for applying for the lore team.
There are unfortunately no more open spots. Your application will be placed on pending. Whenever a spot opens, we will come back to review your applications.

In the meantime, we implore you to revise your application. Take your time when writing your prompts, spice up your writing with suspense, and make sure to fix any spelling and grammatical mistakes.​

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. DM gncme#4317 on Discord to get your roles set up!
As they'd say, welcome to Lore's Court.​

Users who are viewing this thread