Guacadola

Level 10
[OOC section]

In Game Name:
My username is Doughlah

School Employee Role you are Applying For:
I will be applying for School councillor

How often do you log onto the server?:
I log on almost every-single day, and am on for most of the day [If my exams aren't taking place or my work load isn't too much] [I can say I range from 5hours to 8 hours in-game each day]

Do you have discord?
Yes, DoughLah#5357

Do you have a microphone?
I do have a working microphone and use it for daily discord calls.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?:

I was banned once for max warnings [23 hours] , but haven't been banned since. Those warnings were for when I was becoming active again within SRP and was unaware of the new rules. I have read the rules and have not been warned since.

Can you ensure that you will often come on:
I can ensure I will be an active member who is on often as I play from morning to night and sometimes through the night.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?:
Yes, I recognise I can be fired Icly and ensure I will do my best to avoid that from occurring.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee:

A guidance councillor is a great source of help for both parents and students. A person who can help you understand educational goals and to help you meet them. It is not uncommon to be struggling with school, mental health, or life. Many feel isolated, especially young students who are still developing a voice and place for themselves in the world, and councillors can sometimes be the solution to these problems which is why I wanted to apply to become one in KHS, to help and support students, to talk to students about sensitive topics such as bullying, and life beyond just school [College]

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?:

While never being a guidance councillor in KHS, I believe I have had experience with noticing signs of a mentally struggling individual and have acquired the skills to converse with people and listen to them. Sometimes listening is the solution to fixing issues within students especially those who struggle with disorders or mental illness. In this field of work less is best. I believe I have also gained experience in this field of Roleplay in terms of gaining the trust and safety of individuals to talk to me about how they’ve been feeling or what’s happened// what they’ve done that's been on their mind while not having the rank of a professional councillor. I would also look to take advice from another KHS councillor if I was to be accepted, as theres always more an individual can learn about the job.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have roleplayed on SRP for around 3-4 years but only started getting into seriousRP around a year ago. I am aware of the rules and have read them extensively since my previous punishments and like to try to keep up to date with the rules. I am also aware of the basic rules in SRP such as LOOC, OOC , IC.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it:

I am familiar that a Guidance councillor is there to support students through personal and educational decisions. Students should feel as if they are within a safe and calm environment when talking to a councillor and should feel as if they are able to vent and let go of any worries that they may have, without the information leaving the room unless it is of harm to the students life. A guidance councillor in high-schools such as KHS are there to work with students to achieve their goals, work through any social or academic problems, as well as prepare the students mentally ready to move to post graduation plans.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:

If a student was to start cursing at me I would begin by identifying what the root cause of this outbreak was while also asking the student to take a deep breath and calm down. As a guidance councillor it would be my job to keep the student calm as well as my tone of voice. If the situation would begin to escalate further I would try to converse with the student further to resolve the issue at hand, as involving a higher up or placing the student into detention could be a major disturbance to their mental health if they are indeed in-need of some school counselling sessions to resolve the matter at hand. Of course if the situation was to continue to escalate I would have to call a member of staff to have the dean brought down to help resolve the issue with the student.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:

I would ask to speak to the principal to ask more in depth about the job, and the possible risks that are involved with doing it. If the job was to get me into a position where I would be at serious risk I would most likely ask for the principal to ask another person who is more qualified to do the job to take over, and would politely decline my involvement in the issue. I would decline simply for the reasons that my personal health could be at risk and could harm me to become unstable, which could affect my job within KHS.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?:

I would first attempt to converse with the school employee who may be doing something dangerous or acting out of order. After understanding the situation and evaluating it I would inform a member of KHS staff wether that be a College Professor, Dean or Teacher. I would take notes on the situation that has occured and later on provide the Dean or Principal a detailed report of the situation and the member of staffs name or photo, if the name cannot be provided. I would allow for the situation to then be handed over and may request what could be done as a form of punishment for what may of occured or taken place.

[IC section]

Applicant Name:

Aella "Harlow' Whyos

Chosen Job:

School Guidance councillor

Motivation for Joining KHS:

I would love to be able to help students who may be struggling with their academics, mental health, or general school life. I would love to be able to be apart of an environment where I am able to offer help and assistance to others within KHS. I am very mature and professional when it comes to resolving icly problems between members in either my family or just general members in KHS.

Age (Minimum age is 25):

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I believe I should be accepted over other applicants because I have gained experience on how to converse with other students and members of my family in a way where they feel as if they are surrounded in a calm and caring environment and insured their information is kept private. I am aware that Guidance councillor is a new role within KHS but would love to offer my experience to this form of roleplay. I have a love and passion to help others not only ICLY but OOCLY. I believe I am a good listener and am able to help players to get past their rough patches within their daily school lives. In real life I struggle with Dyscalculia and ADD and am able to understand that everyone faces obstacles in life and sometimes the cure to getting past them is being able to talk it out with someone who can understand you and be there for you.

<3 [Thank you] <3

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
ACCEPTED
- Your application has lovely detail! I look forward to seeing how you perform in this role.
- Thank you for applying!
- DM Sun#0040 on Discord for further information.

Users who are viewing this thread