mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

School guidance counsellors (?)

worm

Level 3
IGN: literalworm / hahgetbonked
DATE: January 11th, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I'm not entirely sure if this has been suggested before but I believe the SchoolRP community could benefit from icly school guidance counsellors, leading to creating a new adult faculty role. .

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Seeing as many of the characters have trauma / developed trauma from roleplay situations, it makes sense to have some sort of school staff that may help students icly rather than having them wait until after school to see a psychologist at the hospital. Since students can't / aren't supposed to leave school grounds during school time this would be the perfect add-on to school faculty that could really benefit the SchoolRP experience. It would be similar to how psychologists / psychiatrists operate where you would need to make an appointment set for a later date (an oocly time or something I'm not entirely sure), or just have it as a first come first served system where the counsellor would just, help whoever needs help during school time. School counsellors could add many new RP opportunities for delinquent students, or students who have been suspended. Part of a counsellors job could be making sure students who are showing signs of delinquency can be set back in the right direction. Students with multiple warnings or detentions could be referred to the school guidance counsellor first rather than being outright suspended, but if issues persist then suspensions would be made necessary.

Some may say this would eliminate the need for psychologists at the hospital but it really wouldn't, seeing as school counsellors would only be available during school hours, the need for such hospital staff would still be necessary, especially for people who RP as adults or school faculty, as school faculty such as teachers or professors wouldn't be able to speak about their personal problems to the school guidance counsellor while on duty. . An easy way to set this up or to make it possible at all would to model the psychologist set up the hospital, but make it more school friendly based on the icly school hours and needs of students (if that makes any sense at all). I feel there's so many things that could be added on to a faculty roll like this, such as a report feature where students could report faculty wrongdoings to a guidance counsellor first, then prepare a case and present it to the dean / principal. . I dunno that's just my take on it, could be interesting to have added to the server!

VannyBean

Level 8
I agree with this, considering almost EVERY character has trauma this would be a great way to offer some healing for some characters, along with opening up more opportunities to be involved with the server.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1 bro, people tell me things their character went through and I'm just like, "they need help"

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
We used to have the counselor role but I think they merged it or got rid of it with another employee role but ye +1

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+
+1

There's only so much a student can do if they saw a Psychiatrist online but by the time school is over, the Psychiatrist logged off

andrei

Level 44
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
+1
Don't know why they decided to merge the counsellor role, but please add this back.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
counselor was a role, but got removed bc most of the time they were sitting and doing nothing. Sadly, -1

As a psychatrist myself, You always can to call us ICly or DM me(HATOLA#1468) if u need anything.

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
+1

Some characters might have trauma due to something that had happened to them icly. It would be nice to bring back the role.

Joe.exe

Level 45
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
HATOLA:
counselor was a role, but got removed bc most of the time they were sitting and doing nothing. Sadly, -1
we had counselor before... I agree with the above point of view, so -1
sorry :(

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback, however we've decided to deny this suggestion.

- This role wasn't very popular when it was first added and quickly became rare/unused, because of this, their roles were merged with School Nurse. If your character needs guidance / support they can meet with a School Nurse and they'll help ICly, otherwise you can visit the Hospital and see a Psychiatrist.​

Users who are viewing this thread