Maini

Level 5
qmaini
qmaini
Rich

80’s Roller-Derby!

-
| 18 / 6 / 2022 |

Hey there, It’s Sayori bell Reporting! Interested in seeing what happened at the 80’s Roller Rink? Happened to miss it? Want to completely relive the past!? This report will include the key moments that caught not only my eye, but that of everyone ! as they say, it sure was a blast from the past.

SCENERY

The rink was built up outside on the empty lot right past the street from town hall, Rainbow colored decorations hung from pole to pole above a black and white tiled roller rink. Quite small, unfortunately.. But that didn't stop anyone from enjoying themselves! Throughout the event, there was a stunning DJ booth! The speakers had hues of purple, yellow, and blue. All of them with a tint of neon! Fits the 80’s theme, right? Multiple booths were available along the sides of the rink where you could choose from a variety of tasty snacks and accessories! All brought to you by Kissako, Auffallen, Hanakotoba, and Koribureku.

MUSIC

Guilty as charged, I was raised on 80’s music. Mostly just things that were popular in Canada though. For example, ‘’Your Daddy don't know’’ by Toronto. Or ‘’Working for the Weekend’’ by Loverboy! But as I grew older I found the more popular ones around the world! Which meant I was singing and dancing my heart out at this event! I must say, the DJ did a great job! And he was even nice enough to lend me a playlist. There was a playlist with all the songs on it! ‘Whitney Houston’, ‘Madonna’, ‘Queen’, And ‘a-ha’ have got to be my favorite artists and bands to listen to! But you see. I will never forget about Rick Astley.
[Spotify Link. : https://spoti.fi/3N352at ]
[OOC : credits to fortitudo for the awesome music <3_<3 ]

COSTUME CONTEST!

‘’I Should've won.’’

-
People were invited to participate in the costume contest, and I do not believe we filled the whole rink with participants.. Nevertheless, quite a number of people lined up as two of our Bobcat captains held the beloved role of ‘judge’ so I have to say, We all kept the 1980's theme pretty well! And these three winners did it even better..! Give it up for..

Mitsuki Yamano - 3rd place.

Camille Fukuda - 2nd place.

Orliyah Higasa De Bardi - 1st place!

[Best for Last]

SPARTANS VS BOBCATS

DANCE BATTLE!

My, My god! Can I even begin to explain what is going on here? One thing I enjoy is when Bobcats and Spartans compete in a fun manner. That’s because I was a Bobcat and Spartan once, so they both hold a special place in my heart! I’m obviously not going to explain their entire routines word by word, But just the moments that made me want to scream of excitement!

SPARTANS

The Spartans Cheerleaders started out with the song ‘’Pump it’’ By The black eyed peas. While standing in a pretty curved line..! Clapping their hands, and so on. They really did their best to include their teammates and A little while later, they had Ingot pull Zara up while the others surrounded them and circled them all around! Lots of ‘stranger things’ vibes, if you ask me……BUT MY OH MY! SEIUN! Seiun slid forward on the floor while kneeling With the BLUE ELECTRIC GUITAR and his own solo!? RAINBOW DASH VIBES! It had to be my favorite part from their routine. Reaching the end of the routine, All of the Spartans performing added a little death drop to the end of it! . . Unexpected, if ya ask me.
-

-
BOBCATS
The Bobcat cheerleaders! [as well as Camille Fukuda and Jina Hyeong.] They chose this headbanging song, ‘’Call me’’ by Blondie. Such a good choice! I Myself, held back the lyrics that were dying to be yelled out! Every time they chanted out ‘’Call me!’’ I felt such POWER! All 6 of them had Matching outfits, With the colors of Green, Pink, Blue, and Purple giving each of them a shine of distinctiveness! Once they’ve reached the end, All of the bobcats turned around to reveal the letters
B.O.B.C.A.T.
One letter for each of their jackets! This CLEARLY caught everybody by surprise, and It obviously caused a bunch of cheering! Which then later came to an end. And so did the song.

SPARTANS VS BOBCATS
DANCE OFF RESULTS.

Now. . That was a real ‘roller derby’. . Get it? Roller skating competitions?.........Anywho.
What we were really wondering, Who won? You can't exactly tell if you're just reading this! That was a once-in-a-lifetime experience you just had to see! But I can assure you, it felt like a hard choice for the judges so the crowd helped! That's one, and two? The Spartans had more excitement and moves involved, While the bobcats really STUCK to that 80’s theme! But really, it was the crowds cheering that picked the vote! And so..
The Spartans grabbed that spot on top!
Congrats to them, Really. It was a fair match!

[!] The report then moved to a Recording of Sayori Bell [!]

Sayori Bell :
Well guys, That's a short summary of this event! It’s Like going back in time, hm? I have to say. . I really did enjoy it, And these events surely shouldnt be missed! Because it's a once in a lifetime Experience. Stay tuned for more reports later on! This is Sayori bell, Signing off.

[OOC : Photos taken by A3h0Ta]

Users who are viewing this thread