players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Cheerleader Violence

Eucatastrophe

Level 13
Eucatastrophe
Eucatastrophe
Omega+

Bobcat Spirit
Today at Karakura High, the Bobcat Cheer Team, led by Cheer-Captain Lexy Sparks, gave a wonderful performance in front of the memorial rock, a sight to behold for many students who had yet to watch one of their official routines. Though it was berated by opposing Spartan Cheerleaders, the Bobcats put on a performance worthy of recognition. The crowds erupted in cheer as they sang along to That's My Girl by Fifth Harmony, performing leaps and twirls that teachers and students alike couldn't get enough of.

There was a sort of allure to their performance that prevented people from looking away; was it the showy cheer outfit? The flashy pom-poms? The roaring enthusiasm? Whatever the case, the crowd grew larger and larger as their performance continued. As the speakers became silent and the cheer routine came to an end, the cheerleaders posed victoriously with one cheerleader even going into a slide sit! What is it about those that make them so cool, anyway?

Whatever the case, the performance was one that many will regret having missed. It was a grand show by our cheer team, showcasing skill, enthusiasm, and beauty. However...

Killer Kitties
Shortly after their performance, a fight broke out between the high school cheer team and the Spartan Football-Captain, Lucío Perez. Whether it was a typical rivalry or targeted violence, one thing is certain: this would be a day Lucío will never forget. As they chased him to the school's entrance, he ended up on the ground and quickly fell victim to the ferocity of the Bobcat Cheer Team. With pom-poms landing blows and articles of clothing flying into the air, it was hard to discern what was really going on; a large crowd had gathered around the group, and it only seemed to grow. No school faculty were in sight, and bystanders did nothing but watch as Lucío fought hopelessly to break free from the grasp of the cheerleaders.

It took several shouts for help from Lucío before his nearby college classmates reacted and came to his aid. Sadly for Lucío, however, the damage was already done: he was humiliated in front of the school, much of his clothing had been removed, and he was covered in pom-pom strands. Not good looks.

After the Bobcat Cheerleaders were taken away from him, a few college students who proceeded to check on him suggested he visit the nurse, but for whatever reason, he refused.

First-hand Accounts and the Rivalry
After things between Lucío and the Bobcat Cheerleaders had settled down, it was time to get some input from bystanders and students that watched the performance and/or the fight and get their first-hand account from the experience. Although there were a lot of mixed responses from both high school and college students, one thing stood out the most compared to the rest: There is an obvious rivalry between the Spartans and the Bobcats. A rivalry that, for some, is completely normal. For others, however, it is something that goes too far. Cleopatra Ka'uhane is one such person.

Cleopatra is a member of the high school female volleyball team, and like many others, she believes the rivalry between the Bobcats and Spartans is not your everyday, ordinary rivalry. She believes it is something far, far worse. Something that the public should be aware of, and that something should be done about. She believes that the rivalry that's going on between the Spartans and the Bobcats is getting way out of hand. In an interview, she talked about the rivalry and what it's like to be on a Bobcat sports team amidst it.

[Yozu]: "Excuse me!"

[Yozu]: "I'm Yozu from the journalism club, and if you wouldn't mind I'd like a moment of your time to ask a question."

[Cleopatra]: "Oh oh sure."

[Yozu]: "Sweet, thanks!"

[Yozu]: "Would you say that there is a rivalry between the Spartans and Bobcats?"

[Cleopatra]: "Yes. Lots."

[Yozu]: "Okay, would you mind if I recorded your answer for a school news article? Perfectly optional by the way, you can be anonymous."

[Cleopatra]: "Sure, go ahead."

[Yozu]: "Alright then, can you go into more detail about the rivalry? How is there one?"

[Cleopatra]: "Let's go over [t]here."

. . .

[Cleopatra]: "So like, today.. at the little event [the] bobcats did.. the Spartan cheerleaders literally called Lexy fat and s**t and were saying a lot of rude s**t."

[Cleopatra]: "I mean I understand Bobcats sometimes do the same, but it was literally out of nowhere and they are always talking s**t about each other."

[Cleopatra]: "Simply put, I think both sides are actually so stupid. Both need to get over it and stop making it a college vs high school thing and just hate each other as individuals, don't blame it on them being [a] Spartan or [a] Bobcat. That's my take..."

[Yozu]: "Valid fr."

[Yozu]: "How long would you say the rivalry's been going on for?"

[Cleopatra]: "Literally forever, I haven't lived here long, but I know friends and siblings who have, so I've been hearing about stories and such dating as far as 2019."

[Cleopatra]: "I think it's just gotten way worse last and this year."

[Yozu]: "I see, I see."

[Cleopatra]: "Oh and it literally gets violent too."

[Yozu]: "Oh? How so?"

[Cleopatra]: "Like, people have ended up in the hospital, one person even died due to team drama, too."

[Cleopatra]: "People take s**t too seriously, and they never get in trouble for it, I'll see them again the followin' week."

[Cleopatra]: "For example, I read. . .in an article and website that some girl named Leilana had literally been chased off a mountain due to intermingling team drama and some cheating scandal."

[Cleopatra]: "And you know what Spartans said about it?"

[Cleopatra]: "They made it a big 'Bobcats kill each other' instead of looking at the individual group who [was] involved and consoling the Bobcats."

[Yozu]: "Mhmm.. and if you could change one thing about it all, what would it be?"

[Cleopatra]: "I think I would just ensure s**t didn't get violent, I mean, kids are getting traumatized because they want to play school sports.."

[Yozu]: "So, the one thing you'd change about the rivalry is the violence? It would be fine without it?"

[Cleopatra]: "I mean, I think so.. I think any rivalry without violence would just be simple rivalry.. It's gonna be there either way."

[Cleopatra]: "I mean this isn't normal rivalry. Normal rivalry is petty chants that aren't blatant insults and really f***ing rude remarks or jumpin' someone because they made a joke."

[Yozu]: "If you could use one word to describe it, what would it be?"

[Cleopatra]: "I would say it's just... traumatizing, to sum it up into one word."

[Yozu]: "Traumatizing... Okay."

[Yozu]: "And... Can I have your name for the article?"

[Cleopatra]: "Mhm, Cleopatra Ka'uhane."

[Yozu]: "And are you on any sports teams?"

[Cleopatra]: "I am, I'm currently on the Bobcat female Volleyball team."

[Yozu]: "Bobcat female Volleyball team.. Got it."

[Cleopatra]: "Thanks for the interview!"

[Yozu]: "Alright, uh.. Ka'uhane, thanks for your time and for your responses, I really appreciate it! And you're welcome!"

Final Thoughts
Well, here we are at the end of my first report! It's been wonderful to finally get my writing out there and enjoy doing things with the journalism club. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!

What do you think? Is the feud between the Bobcats and the Spartans getting out of hand? Or is it just simple rivalry? Comment on my Onrain post about what you think!

[Link]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread