mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Encouragement of Laziness

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
What a report! Calling out the SLT for allowing college students to roam around without even having to attend class anymore. (and the excessive BBC/roasts on the students was gold.)

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
W! However, "Kid = Anyone below the age of 25" is entirely false in my opinion. Why? The current college students age ranges from 19-25. These are adults who are in college/university studying a topic where they take interest in and use it for their career.
18 is still an adult but most 18 year old's on the server are immature because that's high school students for you. In my opinion a kid on the server would be
13-18 icly.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It’s an interesting take because despite college classes being no longer mandatory, you’re not able to progress through your college career and graduate if you don’t go to class. If anything it’d be more enticing to go to class to obtain the ability to graduate rather than class being blatantly forced on students!

meg0cci

Level 16
Community Team
Builder
Visqiu
Visqiu
Notable
roasting fballers?? HUHH?? HUUUHHH?? i see i see how u go. eyes on u. noted. (ily)

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
As one of the rare, but very active PhD-role having players;

I do think they need to be mandatory again. Classes for college are boring without people, how can the professors get their quota properly? No one wants to host a class with /4 people./ Somehow changing something people once complained about, feels like it made more problems instead. I do really like this report, good job!

Though the little 'kids = anyone under 25' I do disagree with from the Karakura standing view. Characters who are 22-24 shouldn't be considered a kid in the terms of ICly, as most of those characters act pretty mature. I do LOVE this report though!

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
As one of the rare, but very active PhD-role having players;

I do think they need to be mandatory again. Classes for college are boring without people, how can the professors get their quota properly? No one wants to host a class with /4 people./ Somehow changing something people once complained about, feels like it made more problems instead.
This. Then professors will get bored of their role due to lack of college students joining and most likely quit.

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
This. Then professors will get bored of their role due to lack of college students joining and most likely quit.
Absolutely!

And it doesn't help either that for people like me, at PhD (even if it is a rare motion), I have no reason to attend classes other than.. to do it. Once I had to because it was mandatory, but now it's just if I feel like it. I still try to go anyway, but it almost feels like I don't want to because I now have the option to just.. not go.

It was fun hiding in the halls or library to see if any staff members would find my character, but now we can just be there. It takes some of the fun out of it, I'm considering to make a suggestion about re-adding the mandatory factor back in. This report got me thinking about it.

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Absolutely!

And it doesn't help either that for people like me, at PhD (even if it is a rare motion), I have no reason to attend classes other than.. to do it. Once I had to because it was mandatory, but now it's just if I feel like it. I still try to go anyway, but it almost feels like I don't want to because I now have the option to just.. not go.

It was fun hiding in the halls or library to see if any staff members would find my character, but now we can just be there. It takes some of the fun out of it, I'm considering to make a suggestion about re-adding the mandatory factor back in. This report got me thinking about it.
Exactly! You’d also think irl college classes ARE mandatory because the students who go there are either paying for their education or it’s being paid for them. However, srp isn’t like that. What I do know is SRP tries to be as realistic as possible, so you’d think they would enforce college students to go to class because they’re “paying” for it. I really never understood why they changed it to not be mandatory anymore. As you said, it just made more problems. And it does bring out the fun of it when you have a sneaky troublemaker character who wants to skip college classes.

wethecreature

Level 97
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
I do agree but ALSO classes (as a former professor) for fun for no one when half of the people didn't even want to be there since they were forced. So now, the only students in classes are the people who want to be there or who want to actually RP through the academics.

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
So now, the only students in classes are the people who want to be there or who want to actually RP through the academics.
Unfortunately, as far as I've seen, the ratio of afk (or non-interacting) people in class is pretty much the same as before, the total amount of students has just decreased. Meaning out of 4 students in class, 3 of them are afk. (source, am a professor as well as an avid college class goer)

wethecreature

Level 97
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
Unfortunately, as far as I've seen, the ratio of afk (or non-interacting) people in class is pretty much the same as before, the total amount of students has just decreased. Meaning out of 4 students in class, 3 of them are afk. (source, am a professor as well as an avid college class goer)
NOOOO

kAGURA104

Level 2
kAGURA104
kAGURA104
Rich+
I don't know about others, but I'm aspiring to be a PHD student someday and graduate with flying colors in Karakura. While making classes mandatory again can help the students realize the importance of education, but it's really up to them if they can ever find purpose in graduating from school at all3.

Users who are viewing this thread