players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | GYARU GALS!!

Gunna!

Level 101
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega

“Be wild and get wild!!”

A report on the Gyaru group in the school you didn't know about!
Yo! Yo! Yo! Check it out! A report on the Gyaru group that's in the school and on Onrain!
I’ll be using the group's post on Onrain for all my references so if you wanna check them out yourselves i’ll leave their usernames!

Photo from @GyaruGirl on Onrain

“What are Gyarus?”

Gyaru, is a Japanese fashion subculture. The term gyaru is a Japanese transliteration of the English slang word gal. The initial meaning as a Japanese slang word during the Showa era was similar to the English meaning and referred to a young woman in her late teens to twenties.

Photo from @Arigatougyaru on Onrain

“Are there different types of Gyarus?”

You can follow many types of Gyaru styles, and when I say ton I mean a few, I'll list them and their descriptions!”
  • Kogal- A gal who is 13-18 (not a sub-style!)
  • Mode- a classy and high fashion subset of Gyaru
  • Rokku- a style of Gyaru that's inspired by 2000's goth, rock, and scene fashion
  • B-Kei- Hip-hop and R&B Gyaru, inspired by 90's and 00's Black American culture.
  • Himegyaru- a frilly and glamorous Lolita-inspired Gyaru, and is also supposed to have a “princess-like” feel!
  • Goshikku- a Gothic style of Gyaru similar to Rokku, but generally more understated
  • Agejo- A mature and sensual style of Gyaru
  • Ganguro- a flamboyant style of Gyaru using earthy tones, the predecessor to Manba and Yamanba
  • Manba- an eccentric style of Gyaru that is cute and kawaii whereas Ganguro is cool and confident
  • Yamanba- a vibrant and super tan-heavy Gyaru that developed from Ganguro
  • Romanba- Ro(mantic)-Manba, uses many romantic elements. It contains many frills so it can considered a mesh of Himegyaru and Manba
  • Banba- a Barbie-like style of Gyaru, can be considered a toned-down version of Manba

Photo from @ToukaGyarudotorg on Onrain

“What are their personalities?”

This is something many of you probably ask yourself whenever you see a Gyaru, depending on the type of Gyaru you see their personalities can vary!! I haven't seen any other Gyarus than the Kogal type! And they're the type to pick on you and run when it gets violet! They’re bubbly and are mostly glued to their phones! So they aren't scared to ignore you when they get a new message!

I haven't been able to see any other types of gyarus so I can't know what they’re like! If you do find out let me know!

“Where can I find Gyarus to hang out with!?”

Now that you know what a Gyaru girl is and the different sub-styles. I am totally convinced you want to become a part of their community or become one yourself! Here are the two main girls to hit up!!

Alyssa Yasushi!

According to her Bio on Onrain Alyssa is all about the Gyaru fashion! She loves the color pink as well as Barbie! She used to be on the high school cheer team and Baseball team! She seems to be the main girl of the group of gals!

From my interactions, she's a pretty cool and chill girl! She's mostly texting with her friends on her phone or bothers delinquents, like Jiho! They dumped him in a trashcan earlier! I watched, and it was pretty funny, you can find you chilling anywhere but the most common places are where Delinquents group around

Here are some photos of her from her socials!

"Summer is here ladies and gentlemen... and I am READY" -
Quoted from her post
1718680094606.png

"Gorge lighting" - Quoted from her post

"
"the lighting was TOO cute wasn't it?" - Quoted from her post

1718680678555.png

"Every Kuromi needs their My Melody bff <3 Me and @Arigatougyaru with our matching PJs!" - Quoted from her post

View attachment 65496

1718679760530.png

Imai Taniguchi

I haven't met her just yet so there's not much info on what she's like! But telling from how she posts she's probably an air-head! which isn't uncommon in most Gyaru groups! you can mainly find her hanging out with Alyssa most of the time going with whatever she does!

There isn't much I can get from her bio either! so we'll have to make do with only pictures!

"You'll NEVERRR catch me eating school lunch ... love my lil lunchbox and the bento my mama packs inside <33" - Quoted from her post

1718679646807.png

"Skipping gym class under bleachers..? YES PLEASE!! " - Quoted from her post

1718679584835.png

Here are some shoutouts to other Gyarus apart of their group!

1718680191144.png

1718680235313.png

1718680448074.png
Gyaru Gals?!
In conclusion, becoming a Gyaru requires some dedication to the culture's fashion, make, and overall style! and with summer already here it makes sense to try out some new aesthetics for yourself and explore some things you'd probably like! what's your favorite sub-style? are you gonna become a part of the Gyaru community? what are your overall thoughts? let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• 1718680122972.png
    1718680122972.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 143
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
saying "gyaru gals" is like saying "gal gals," gyaru means gal, its the same word, ITS THE SAME WORD!!!! ITS THE SAMEA!!!

(W guide)

Users who are viewing this thread