Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+

“BIG MAN TRUCK RULES!”

— 06/06/2022 —

Spring has arrived, meaning the snow has melted away and the sun is beaming. We can all agree that when the sun is out, it’s time to get out the shades, kick up our feet, and enjoy some cool treats. Speaking of cool treats, if you have never been graced with the experience before… Ice cream trucks are a big part of many people’s childhoods! Usually, during heat waves in certain parts of the world, ice cream trucks drive through neighbourhoods and steal the change from many parents’ pockets to treat their young-lings. How wonderful! With that in mind, it was quite the delight when not one, but TWO ice cream trucks rolled into town…

Two ice cream trucks parked up next to the good ol’ town hall. A good use of all of that empty space I must add. It was hard to miss the trucks as they rolled in with some screeching classical ice cream truck music. If you’ve never heard it before, they are basically little instrumental tunes which get stuck in your head. They are also very loud, very very loud, loud enough to block out the noise of disappointed parents who are about to be robbed of their yen. Two trucks, painted blue and pink, faced opposite each other. Each menu was different, meaning quite a variety of cool treats were offered to the public. I think this was a great choice as if they were both the same… it would’ve been more difficult to choose which ice cream truck to buy from. In the blue truck they were selling sundae’s and also on theme, blue ice lollies. The pink truck had chocolate ice creams and ice cream sandwiches. Both had yummy treats, so it was hard to choose which was the favourite…

Oh right, did I mention they were having a full blown competition with one another over sales!? It was mental. It started off with the usual advertising their own trucks, blah blah come try our treats, the usual. However, as time went on the men in the trucks started to get a lot more… passionate about it. They claimed the other one’s treats were horrible, vile, disgusting! They yelled about how the others were not even worth tasting, which as somebody who tried both trucks… they weren’t all that bad. It was a full on battle! Well it turned into one once the food fight started between the two grown men. Ice cream sandwiches and sundaes were soon being flung across the street, I am surprised they didn’t hit a civilian just trying to enjoy their ice cream. Some may say the fight was… unnecessary, immature, wasteful. I on the other hand would call it ‘dinner and a show’.

Now I just have to talk about the truck names. If you’re curious, the blue truck was named ‘BIG MAN TRUCK’ by the driver. I must say, the dude driving that truck was quite muscular, the name truly matched the vibe that’s for sure. Oh and the pink truck was named ‘Konsami.’ The name and the guy driving it really fit the theme of the pink truck, it was more of a wholesome vibe… chilled, relaxed. However, personally I think the Konsami truck really should’ve been named… ‘LITTLE MAN TRUCK’. Yeah that’s right! Etsuko Saito supports the BIG MAN TRUCK! #SUNDAES RULE. Ahem anyway. There was a plot twist at the end of the night… one not even I was expecting, and usually I can sense surprises. Once the sales were done, and the sun started setting, both men got out of their vans. They strolled to the middle of their battlefield and… held hands! That’s right people, we were fooled, deceived, hornswoggled! The men from the looks of it are actually married. I think their feud was merely to make more dough. I mean, fair play to them… you do what you gotta do.

Well that’s all of the drama that I have for you all today. I hope you enjoyed and I really appreciate all of the support I have been getting with my writing. You’ve truly motivated me to keep it up, and so I shall. This was Etsuko Saito reporting and signing out.

Users who are viewing this thread