byewilliam
Rich
BOBCATS OR SPARTANS.png

E. Blackburn, M. Tominaga
12/02/2023
(D/M/Y)

KARAKURA HIGH SCHOOL
by Eichi Blackburn

My time with Karakura High School was.. unexpected to say the least. Karakura High is not much like any other high school you’d go to. It’s less like walking through the halls to your next class, more like a 1990's high school movie. If you were a foreign exchange student, coming to Karakura High, expect the worst, or at least, expect the unexpected. You have no idea what will end up happening here.

You’ve got the jocks, the ones who run the place. They have this rivalry with the college side, which, I might add, gets very, very extreme at times. They’re known for their competitive behavior and resilience. Each Bobcat team has access to what is known as the Bobcat Den, located at [REDACTED].

You then have the high school council. These are the guys who have the real power. They’ve got the power to put you in detention, get you suspended, get you cut from your team, anything. As long as you do something bad, they will have something against you. Their personal line with the Vice Dean allows for easy access to get anyone in trouble, with valid reason. The high school council works collectively along with the college council, unlike the teams and their rivalry against each other.

Unlike the Community College, the high school side is held by much less standards. Although they still have to follow the school rules, high school students are not required to join classes. They have free reign to roam around the school, given that they know enough of their subject to continue to do so. High school classes are held and mainly taught about information that is eventually needed to pass the college exam.

There is a lot of havoc when it comes to dealing with high school students. They are very much more immature compared to college students, but then again, they are a few years younger. It’s a rare sight to see a responsible high school student. Off the top of my head? Ayaka Kusanagi.

According to statistics, many high school students partake in illegal and gang activity. This just goes to show how insane Karakura is. How students feel so fine with murdering someone or getting revenge over little things.

My personal experience in KHS covered a lot of what I just mentioned. Interactions with jocks and their rivalry, my current experience with the high school council, dealing with delinquents, and much much more. If I were to say something about my experience, it would be: “I’m never going back there again.”

KARAKURA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
by Marilyn Tominaga

It wasn’t long ago when I stepped through the doors of Karakura High for the first time. If I remember correctly, I stood in line for what seemed to be the longest bout of despair I could possibly imagine while each student took the absolute maximum amount of time they could waste with the receptionist. Even though this was years ago, I still remember it as clear as the air we breathe. Marilyn Kiyro, a girl very different from the one writing this, at sixteen years old would speak her first words to the faculty.

“Hello there, miss! May I be given a schedule so I may find my classes?”

Oh, how naive I was in those days. I wasn’t yet aware of Karakura High’s chaotic scheduling. But, as the years went by and my hair grew… shorter! I began to come to love this school that I called my high school, flaws and all. But now it is my senior year, and soon I will be moving on up to the next level.. Quite literally as Karakura College is simply one floor above the High School. Coming to the end of my senior year, I’ve realized that change is coming a lot quicker than I could hope, and time waits for no man, woman, or others. And as I’m approaching my final months as a high school student, I can only help but wonder what the future holds.

Karakura College is very unique in the way that it teaches, as it follows similar unorthodox guidelines as the High School. I’ve had the honor of attending a few college classes hosted by Maya McMahon and Namiko Kusanagi, and I’ve come to notice that it is much easier to learn in Karakura College. The much more relaxed environment provides the student with a calm, less chaotic learning environment, and makes it much easier to focus on the lesson. I have learned much more in ten minutes of McMahon’s class than I have in my two years in Karakura High, and I don’t say that as a means to disrespect Karakura High’s environment, it’s simply the fact that the College is full of those who are more ‘dedicated’ to their desire to learn.

I am very excited to go into Karakura College, to spend more time with those in that level that I hold dearly, to learn about my passions and explore not only my desire for knowledge, but for myself as a whole. While High School has been such a fun experience, I am looking forward to the future, to see myself grow even further as a person. I will forever hold my memories of this school dearly, to Allen Black, who was there for me inside and outside of school, all the way to Takibi, the first friend I had ever made at Karakura High. It has been an honor to speak with each and every person I have met here, even if we didn’t get off on the right foot.

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
There is a lot of havoc when it comes to dealing with high school students. They are very much more immature compared to college students, but then again, they are a few years younger. It’s a rare sight to see a responsible high school student. Off the top of my head? Ayaka Kusanagi.
Ayako*

Users who are viewing this thread