mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Library Adventure

[A recording of the school library played, a few students sitting down reading and the afternoon sunlight poured in through the windows. Etsuba did a jog to get in front of the camera and then started his report in a whisper]

Hello everyone! Today, I’m here in the library to report on some of the books contained in it!

The library is a wonderful place to learn something new or just find a nice story to read! I will not be going over nonfiction because most of it is pretty common knowledge! Regardless, I’ll be reading fiction books and giving a review and rating for each!

Spoilers ahead!

I will be going into the plot of each book in order to explain my rating! If you just want to know which books to read just look for the ratings at the end of each review! With that aside, let’s begin!

[The video cut and the new scene contained an image of the empty library with the words “The Collector” overlaying it before cutting to a scene with Etsuba looking disappointed in the clubroom]

Let’s start with the first book I ever took out from the library, The Collector!

The start of this book was alright, not much to do with collecting but it was alright! It was about a man who robbed banks and went on all sorts of heists! But then they brought in all these things that they never explained and most of it didn’t even make sense. It was overall too easy for a book about breaking into the world’s most secure bank. The main character somehow retrieved a jetpack from a previous heist that so conveniently made no noise and didn’t require fuel. The author didn’t go into that heist at all. Then when the cops were searching his apartment they somehow didn’t recognize him despite his photo being in the newspaper?

It was a whole mess to read and I wouldn’t do it again if you paid me. It was 40 pages and it wasn’t even good. I also was hoping it’d be more about collecting rare items rather than stealing from a bank. The writing was decent but that’s the only good thing I can say about this book.

As for the rating I give it 2 out of 10. Too easy, Lazily written, and didn’t make much sense!

[This next scene had a picture of Etsuba sitting down reading a book in one of the seats with the caption on the top of the screen “The Gems Sing” and then cut to a scene with back in the clubroom]

This second book was honestly so good! It was called “The Gems Sing” and I really loved the feel of it!

It gave a selkie/siren vibe to it! Minus being drowned… This story follows a girl who is on vacation with her family but while exploring the forest she finds herself almost unable to control her body or mind and she’s led to a bright light behind a tree before collapsing. If you’re a fan of mythology, then I 100% recommend this book as it feels as if there’s actually a creature luring her in with some form of magic to attack her! The only downside of this book is the author’s word choice was quite limited and they used words such as hesitant and sketchy a lot! Other than that It was awesome!

As for the rating I give it an 8 out of 10! By far my favorite book from the library! Very spooky feel to it! The only downside is the repetitive use of certain words!

[The video would cut off once more and proceeded to show a close up of a book titled “The Girl and The Storm” before finally cutting back to Etsuba]

I liked this one too, “The Girl and The Storm”! It was more poem-like than a story, but regardless it had a story to it!

It was about the daughter of Sun and Storm and the storm was angry that she grew up with the sun rather than the storm. So the storm wreaked havoc on Earth, killing all life and leaving the girl on an empty planet all alone…

The girl was sad and when she finally spoke out, the storm paused… realizing the mistake it had made.

And with that, the storm went silent and the sun came back and life began to reform. As childish as it may be it was still pleasant to read! It’s more like a children’s book with a rather dark turn to it but it was still nice! It had a lot of lessons that I thought were important! For one speaking up for yourself!

And for the rating, I give it a 6 out of 10! Nice life lesson and I loved the rhyming and I respect the effort the author put into it!

[The camera cut to a screen with the words stating “Conclusion” before cutting back to Etsuba once more]

Despite the selection being pretty limited, a majority of the books in the library are pretty good and I would definitely go get a library card to support the school’s librarians!

Let me know your opinions on the books you’ve read, and if you agree or disagree with what I’ve said! Thank you for listening. My name is Etsuba Miru and I hope to see you in my next report!

[Etsuba waved before walking off the frame and with that the screen went dark, indicating the end of this report]

Users who are viewing this thread