mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Martial Arts Club

imgayforwomen

Level 108
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
Martial Arts Club!.png[The video would start, showing Felix MacLeod and a second male sitting across each other]

MacLeod immediately asked the first question, as if he was in a rush; he wasn't. “SO! Who are you? I have no clue who you are, so…”

The male began to relax in his chair as he said his name. “Mako. Do you need full names? If so-” He peeked over, looking across the table. “It’s Baek.” He’d give an awkward smile before falling back into his chair.

“Aren’t you like… one of those football people? Okay, whatever- what’s your club thingy all about?”

“It’s the Martial Arts club- we basically have a club where students can learn the Martial Arts that they’re interested in and like…- train together and stuff…”

MacLeod let out an excited gasp. “DO YOU GUYS LIKE… BEAT PEOPLE UP?!?”

Baek would let out a light-hearted chuckle before responding. “No- haha! Well… in self defense we do! But it’s against the club’s rules to use your skills to take advantage of others. SO- Just for self defense!”

He’d let out a sigh… “So… No beating people up?”

“Well, we spar with each other, I don’t know if that counts…”

“. . . OOoooo! So yes beating people up! I might join… ANYWAYSSS! What else do you guys do… other than beating people up?”

“Well, I’ve been planning other activities for the club but I can’t really say for now… Though... One thing I could say is that- I really want to get the club together to play Club Penguin and fight each other in the dojo.”

MacLeod let out another gasp, as if he was just going along with whatever Baek had said and then asked, “What’s… What’s Club Penguin?”

Baek rubbed the back of his neck as he proceeded to answer the question. “Err… It’s some old game I used to play with my friends when I was little. You’re like a penguin... And do stuff- It’s hard to explain but the short story is that they have a cool Martial Arts mini gamemode.”

“...” MacLeod looked at him for a long minute, clearly judging him from what he’d just said… “You have a weird childhood- MOVING ON! Do you guys have like… those colory belts from like… Movies and TV Shows?”

He adjusted his posture. “Oh yeah, totally!” He pointed to his white belt. “I’m just a white belt for now but we do have different rankings regarding which Martial Art you’re into! I’m into Taekwondo, so a white belt for me!”

He squinted slightly… “What Martial Arts are there?”

“We have Taekwondo, Jujitsu, Karate, and Judo! All of them focus on different things and aspects of fighting.”

“Do the members fight with each other with different styles?”

“Sometimes, yeah! But it really just depends on how much they practice. Though fighting different styles can really help.”

MacLeod squinted at him again, then just rested his eyes! Weirdly, he just went back to the Club Penguin topic… “Do you have different styles in… Club Penguin?”

“Uhhh- well Club Penguin has it as a mi****me so it’s not exactly the same. You need to fight people with cards and these cards reflect a certain element like… Water, fire, and… snow? It’s been a while since I’ve played it…”

“So… what’s the point of playing Club Penguin if you don’t get to learn any martial arts out of it?”

“It’s just a bonding activity for the club, not a replacement for the practices!”

“Ohhhhh… Okay then! So what’s the most common style the members are choosing so far?”

“Mostly Taekwondo, which focuses on the legs.”

“The other ones don’t focus on legs?”

“Well, each martial art focuses on different things. Jujitsu focuses on subduing the opponent and immobilizing with sometimes, the use of certain weapons. Karate focuses on striking and using the body’s power as much as possible. People in Karate tend to focus on making their hands stronger though. Then there’s Judo, consisting of unarmed combat in which you want to pin or ‘master’ your opponent.”

MacLeod would just nod repeatedly, as if he understood what the hell Baek was even talking about… “Why not just do uhh… Whatshisname’s style?”

“What’s his name style?” He questioned…

“Yeah yeah! That Asian dude…!” He took out his phone, googling something. “This guy!” He showed the screen to Mako, which showed the name Bruce Lee and a few photos of the martial artist.

“I’m pretty sure Bruce Lee does Karate… And a few other formers, but I’m not really sure."

“I remember seeing somewhere that he made up like... his own style! I think it was in some… Netflix Show-”

“I guess I gotta check that out sometime later.”

“Mhm! Why not learn that other thing that Bruce Lee learned too? The uhh… The one with the uhh… The swinging sticks!”

“That? Jujitsu focuses on that, I think… But I’d rather focus on my legs!”

“Why your legs?”

“They’re already strong from playing football!”

“... So why not work on another attribute?”

“Uhhhm… Because… Too much effort?” He rubbed his left eye and leaned back into his chair. “Or- or! I don’t know, maybe I just like using my legs!”

“Eh, I get it! I’m lazy too! So, how many belts are in each style?”

“Taekwondo has about ten to thirteen. Jujitsu has about maybe eight? Karate has about six to seven and Judo has about six or seven as well! It really depends as some have stripes and some don’t.”

“... That’s like… a looooot of work…”

“Oh, for sure! But it’s totally worth it. Think of it as like… a video game!”

“I love video games!”

“You level up after all your hard work!”

“I like to just AFK grind my stats… Can you do that in Martial Arts?!?”

“Well, no. The effort you put in is the results you get!”

“Dang.. alright-” He took a peek at his watch, checking the time. “Okay well, we’re just about done with the interview! Anything else you want the lesser beings to know?”

“Uhhhmm… Well we have a belt ceremony happening on the 26th, I believe. I’d recommend people applying to the club now and they could possibly take part in it, as a sort of welcoming!”

“Wish I could join… Oh I could quit phot-”

[The video clip cut off before MacLeod finished his sentence... was it about photography?]

Users who are viewing this thread