mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Peer Pressure

avie ♡

Level 50
dreamchapter
dreamchapter
Fundraiser+

Hello Karakura! Sana Kekoa here, finally making reports again! Today’s post is about peer pressure and how to deal with it. Let’s being, shall we?

---------------------------------------------------------

What is peer pressure?
Peer pressure is when others are trying to influence you into doing something you may or may not want to do. We like to listen and do similar things as our friends by human nature. Peer influence is a common thing, but there are ways to avoid it if possible. Peer pressure can be positive, but most of the time, unfortunately, it is negative. For example, your friend could be trying to get you to try a vape or trying to get you to ditch class. These things, we should always avoid as we could get in trouble from them. The consequences can lead to a lot of things.

How do I know if I’m being peer pressured?
One common way to know if you are being peer pressured is if your peers are almost forcing you to do something. They may bully you if you don’t do and/or say what they want. They almost may seem as if they aren’t giving you a choice.

Another way is if everyone is doing some sort of ‘trend’ and you want to follow the trend. You may think if you don’t follow it, people will think badly of you.

How do I deal with peer pressure?
Most of the time, saying ‘no’ to people, especially close friends or family, is difficult. Learning to say no to situations you are uncomfortable with is very important. Just make sure to be confident in yourself, and believe in yourself. The idea of doing whatever people are saying to do may be fine with one thought, but make sure you think about your future, and overall in general.

If you don’t want to say no yourself, it’s good to have a friend with you helping you out or saying for you. Just make your friend is trusted. Usually, when there is more than one person saying no the peers will leave you alone.

Finally, of course, talk to adults you trust. Talk to them about the pressure you feel and the things you feel you have to do because of peer pressure. Talking to a trusted adult can help you make better decisions and options of what to do if you ever feel peer pressured again.

---------------------------------------------------------

Remember, these are only a few ways to deal with peer pressure. You and somebody else can find more ways to deal with it. If you ever feel bad or guilty about doing bad, remember most of the time it isn’t even your fault.

Anyways! Sana Kekoa is signing off for now. . see you next time!

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega
I'll get Yariama Saiky to scare them off, maybe then I'll leave him alone about my lead. . . m a y b e.

Users who are viewing this thread