Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+

“This is rigged! We need a recount. . .”

— 29/05/2022 —

The school dance! One of the most important social events of a teenager's life (who has no real responsibilities of course). KHS and KCC hold annual school dances for us students to dress up, have a dance, and make some new memories with those we call friends. If you weren’t able to attend this year’s spring dance, don’t worry! Lucky for you I am here to fill you in on this night of magic and fun… and questionable dance moves done by our very own Vice-Principal.

So! We just have to talk about the theme for this year’s Spring ball. One way I can describe the scenery is… Tinkerbell’s house. The gymnasium was impressively transformed into a real life fairy garden! Which I must say my dress blended very well in (I am the fourth person in the banner above!). To the people who helped completely change the gymnasium for this year’s ball, thank you and well done! You all did an incredible job, as always. As you first entered the gym, you felt as though you had shrunk to the size of an ant whilst strolling by these gigantic trees and flowers. I am still wondering how they managed to get those up… Anyways! Around the side of the gym, there were five booths. I personally chose to visit three of the five. Firstly, the photobooth! The background displayed behind you in these photos were gorgeous, truly a piece of art. It was lovely getting to see everyone’s outfits for the night. Some were more… on theme than others, however interesting either way. Secondly, the flower booth! This dance had a special spring bouquet on offer. Limited edition I am guessing! I had to snatch up one for myself. They are a beautiful bunch of colourful flowers, I hope they live for quite some time.

Next, I want to talk about… the dance floor! The beautiful blue board that was installed on our gym floor was quickly crowded with students ready to party! It was definitely the hot spot for social gathering, as you’d expect! If you don’t like large crowds… it may not be your scene, perhaps distract yourself with the things to look at around the sides of the gym! Our amazing DJ had the music blasting and kept the party going. It is a school dance after all, what good is it without the music. I must add, there were a couple of complaints of the music taste from a certain few students in the crowd. What do I think? I think… those students should stop whining and be grateful they even got to attend! You can’t expect everyone to have the same music taste. Personally, I think the music that was played fit perfectly with the school theme. It was fun and casual! Well… some of it, anyway. Unfortunately, our ears were also blasted with ‘Baby Shark’. Thank you, SLT… Thank you.

Lastly, we must discuss our Spring King and Queen. As we do with all school dances, we vote a King and Queen to take the throne for the night. This ball, only a few choices were given for each crown. I must admit, the winners chosen for this year’s spring ball came at a surprise to me. First, the king was announced. The chosen King was a boy called Squabbles Figglehorn. Now I hadn’t personally heard of this boy until that night however he seemed like a pleasant fellow who earned the crown. Secondly, the queen was chosen. Our Queen for the night was somebody I have actually heard of before, and I think they were a good fit for Queen of the night. That queen was Poppy McSquimpus. I must say, they both have rather interesting names. It wasn’t long until they were off the thrones and dancing on stage with their crowd watching. It was quite a magical moment, despite the protests coming from some… loud and rude individuals calling out for a recount. The night was thankfully not ruined by this and the dancing continued on. Congrats to both of you!

That is all I have for you today, I hope you enjoyed this catch-up on all you may have missed this Spring ball. I hope to see you at the next one! This was Etsuko Saito reporting and signing out.

Users who are viewing this thread