players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | The Curious Case of Satomi Katō

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Katsuhito Saiky - 20th of May, 2022

While rummaging through the media room in search of a book for a school assignment, I came across a certain peculiar file. It was labeled ‘Case Report 1963-00002643’. Upon inspecting even further, I learned of the horrifying story of Satomi Katō.

Katō Satomi, a star student, and a well-mannered daughter attended Karakura Highschool in 1963. Presumed to be in the 11th grade as she was 17 at the time. Liked by most students, she was the exceptional perfect role model that all students should strive for. However, on the 7th of August, 1963, two students had reported that the start student was no longer a beloved pupil, rather she had turned into a wicked murderer. The two students that had reported the incident had their names crossed out in the report. Suspicious, incredibly suspicious. Three officers had arrived after the report, finding the student standing next to her teacher. The teacher, Matsuko Takara, was stabbed several times in the chest with sharp scissors.

A small snippet of a newspaper that was published on the 9th of August, with the title ‘High schooler kills teacher’, shows that the scene was reported by two students at 15:15. There were signs of struggle, according to them. Their identities were also anonymous due to ‘privacy reasons’ as stated by the newspaper snippet. According to the article, Takara had one son and a loving wife. There are no other articles that can be found as to what happened.

One of the officers that had arrived at the scene, Shinohara Yōta, interviewed the girl. The interview was nothing short of creepy. The girl answered basic questions such as ‘your name’ ‘your age’ ect... However, when enquired about the murder of the teacher, she refused to answer and simply smiled. The incident was said to have happened between 15:00 and 15:15 before the students had reported it. Katō Satomi was sent to a psychiatric center according to the report and placed under a high-security watch.

Hours and I mean hours, I have been searching online, reading articles, searching through books on Karakura's history and background, and what did Katsuhito Saiky find? NOTHING.

I have been educated on the history and the culture of Karakura since I am a native of the island. I’ve memorized my ancestral tree and my lineage and was educated about all topics that relate to Karakura. However, I have never heard of such a case. A murder in a school is something only heard in video games, not in real life. I have come up with several theories as to the reasoning behind her murdering the beloved teacher.

The following are several theories that could be completely false… or completely true:

1. As described in the article as a star student, Katō Satomi could have argued with the teacher due to him lowering a grade or not satisfying the girl with a perfect mark she would usually get. Filled with infuriation and anger, Satomi murdered the teacher in spite of him not giving her the grade she wished to receive. Grades were important to her and did not want to lose even the smallest of marks over a teacher.
  2. The teacher could have favored another student over Satomi, causing her to turn jealous. She could have not only despised the teacher favoring someone else but favored a nemesis or rival of hers, adding to the disgusting feeling she had. He disliked Satomi, unlike the rest of her teachers, and did not want her to be the star student that everyone saw her as. This sparked Satomi to commit the heinous inhumane crime of murdering someone.
  3. Appearing to be the perfect student on the outside, Satomi might have not been as smart as we (or the people that lived during her time) thought she would be. Rather than studying and working hard for such a reputation and grade, she could have paid teachers or forced teachers to give her a better grade using her family name, if her family was relevant to Karakura, that is. The teacher was threatened by the student, forcing him to give her a grade or else.
  4. Digging deeper, there could be a chance that Takara knew something Satomi did not want anyone else to know. Satomi could have kept a secret, a dark secret, that no one knows of. Takara might have found out what the secret is and posed a threat to Satomi. She walked into his classroom and argued with him which led to her murdering him after he refused to comply with her. This would explain her smile as she did it no matter if she ended up in jail or not. The person who knew her dark secret was no longer alive.
  5. Takara might have been in possession of something Satomi desperately desired. In an attempt to gain ownership of that thing, she murdered her teacher. However, that backfired as she was arrested and sent to the psychiatric ward that she is currently in.

If you search online, read books, or try to search about anything related to Satomi, there would be nothing as I had tried previously. The only thing that could be found ever relating to the case is the file where I collected my data. That file was found in the media room and there would be nothing more. Here comes up the question. What is there such a police report placed in the media room in the first place? Who or what placed it there? Why did they place it there?

This tale could be connected to many things around the town. The Itsbyoshi Forest could have been haunted by the very ghosts of the psychopathic student and her former teacher.
The school certainly had a darker past than we all expected, something that could never be seen. It is unknown about the whereabouts of Satomi as there has been no update. She could be alive in the ward.

Or could have escaped.

Escaped as a ghost...

A dark old ghost of the past, haunting the school. Both teacher and student… haunted the classroom.

This has been Katsuhito Saiky, signing out.

[OOC: BIG SHOUT OUT TO AANIA FOR WRITING THE LORE FOR THIS!!!! IT HAS BEEN SO COOL TRYING TO THEORIZE, and no, I don’t know the full story, this has been from Katsuhito’s POV]
FOLK LORE LINK: https://schoolrp.net/threads/folklore-the-katō-satomi-incident.47508/

Last edited:

justsimba

Level 58
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
as someone who was online when this lore came out and has been waiting excitedly for more on it. . This report for sure added to the suspicion of what actually happened, why it was there, etc.

Once again another great report,

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
THATS SO AWESOME THAT THERES A REPORT INTERACTING WITH LORE STUFF!!!!!

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
THAT'S MY LOREEEEE

Absolutely amazing job :D

Last edited:

xBonnie