Oliverium

Level 64
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
The Library Book Question

25th July 2024 - by Tsugi Urushido Jahii

OVERVIEW​

The library often is found empty, librarians grow bored, and I don’t blame them. We haven’t had many changes in the library, including new books. So this sparks a question, when the library someday gets new books, who should provide them?

Students

I definitely lean towards this one! The students in Karakura range from ages 13 all the way to age 24. Some underestimate the experience these people have, and it makes me wonder if they can submit their craziest stories for other students to enjoy. Perhaps students have different interests and spend their freetime learning about it to the point of being able to write a good informative book about it.

How do we motivate students to spend their time writing though? By clubs, of course! The library should provide advertisements to a club, perhaps a creative writing or a library fairy club where the goal is to pump out good books to submit to librarians who will then read them over each month and decide on whose books are deserving to be set on selves.

If you’re interested in creating a club like that, don’t be afraid to sign up with some friends to add a new club to our school! And who knows? The more books we have, there can be yet another club added to our school, the classic book club!

Professionals

Professionals like what, I ask myself. I’d lean towards faculty and outside adults who specialize in certain things. For example, Officers, Doctors, and Lawyers can use their job experience to write informative books and it may even get students to want to be like them when they graduate.

Fact checking will be much easier for nonfiction books considering professionals research their fields and challenge themselves daily which can introduce students with more in depth topics.

Let’s See What Others Think!​

1. “Why just one or the other? I personally think it should be able to be written by anyone! If you only have one you'd only have opinions on known popular figures but with student written books you can get opinions from other students!”​
  2. “I think it should be written by anyone who wants to.”​
  3. “Most of the students here are. . . Interesting, to say the least. So professionals would probably be better.​
  4. “I’d say it depends on what the book is about.” (Genre-wise, such as non-fiction; factual) “But if it was fiction then it doesn’t really matter who writes it honestly.”​
  5. “It’d be good though to have both student perspectives and research compared to professionals.”​
  6. “Personally I think both. Professional ones are nice, but if students can also make them you have a bit of both.”​

Conclusion​

Most students out of the six I interviewed believe both professionals and students should be able to write books for the library. Some believe it depends on things like genre which is a good point. False information wouldn’t be ideal for a school library. However, computers in the library can help students do thorough research in order to create good books. The more books we have, the more students we’ll have to visit the library. Now I believe both professionals and students writing the books is the right answer!

Do you want to write a book for the school library? Submit your book to a librarian for a chance for it to make its way on the shelves! Make sure you use the library’s free resources to research your chosen topic!

ErikFinster

Level 179
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Good article! Great topic!
I've submitted a good deal of books over the last year. (They must have all been declined by faculty.)
I would very much appreciate a way to contribute to the literature body of the library!

Users who are viewing this thread