What is your Minecraft username?:
TcbIsAngel_

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Tcb#8142

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
GMT+2

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server usually consists of 3h-4h a day. With spring break coming and most exams behind I’m sure this number will increase as I will have much more free time

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I have been banned only once for disobeying staff. I was new to the server and very confused. Since then I have kept a clean record and intend to do so in the future.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I acknowledge that

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
School Nurse

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
In SRP Nurses are responsible for ensuring the physical health of the students during school hours. They are able to treat any minor injuries that students may get during school time, anything from a small scratch on the knee all the way to a broken nose. That does not mean school nurses can treat any emergencies in case of a serious injury or life-threatening situation, emergency services must be called and notified. Up to two nurses can be found in their office which is located at the main school entrance near the reception making it easily available. Of course, as a member of the faculty besides their main duty of assisting with first aid school nurses also can take care of disciplining students and making sure everyone is obeying the school rules.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Specifically, on SRP I have gotten plenty of experience in roleplaying after playing for a few years, which mostly revolves around the school faction. I tried a lot of different roles which each benefited me on its own giving me a lot of experience. Whether it was roleplaying as a College student or teaching a class as a Teacher each role gave me experience in its own unique way. Generally, with over 1200h of playtime combined on both of my accounts, I got to experience almost all roleplay situations that gave me extensive experience and knowledge which will be useful and helpful to me.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
One of the main reasons I quit the Teacher faction is mainly because of how time-consuming and hard the role was. Having pressure from different external factors at the time made me understand that at the moment the role didn’t suit me as planning classes was time-consuming and hard to plan. This is why I believe the school employee faction will fit me better as it's much less time-consuming. The role is pretty much straightforward and does not require additional time meaning for me at least, maintaining high activity will be much more comfortable and easier. There is also a decent amount of DetailRP within the faction which I personally enjoy a lot. I also love the variety of interactions that may occur during the shift, anything from a fight all the way to an earthquake drill. Since the server mainly revolves around the school faction they get to experience much more interesting and fun events rather than any other factions in my opinion

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
(click on)

ACCEPTED

JSL APPLICATION

RECEPTIONIST APPLICATION

NURSE APPLICATION

TEACHER APPLICATION

DENIED

EMS APPLICATION

NURSE APPLICATION

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[Adult]
[College][B]

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Shiori will raise her head slowly, with a visible look of disbelief that can be seen forming on her face. She will remain calm, knowing she must remain professional as she begins to stare at the student in front of her that's cursing at her. She will raise her tone making it bold and clear, warning him that his behavior is inappropriate and that he needs to calm down his attitude immediately. If the student won't listen, Shiori will give him one last warning explaining that his actions will have consequences that may result in after-school detention.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
As soon as Shiori finds out about the two students fighting she will approach the two individuals immediately, Shiori will try to safely break off the fight between the two and calm them down. Before trying to understand who started the fight and understand what happened Shiori will firstly ask both of the students about their medical condition and if anyone got injured during the fight. After making sure that everyone is safe Shiori will start to ask questions and lecture both of them about how violence is never the answer and that if anything disturbs them they should approach a nearby employee to solve the matter, making sure that both of them are listening and understanding the consequences of their actions.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Once Shiori spots the employee, In a calm but serious tone, Shiori will ask him to immediately stop whatever he is doing and remind him that employees must remain professional during school hours no matter the situation or whatever happens and remind him that it is their duty to give an example and assure the safety of the students in this school. Depending on the situation Shiori will proceed to report the accident to the senior leadership team so they can look further into the accident

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
In the employee break room, Shiori will use her time to refresh and regain as much energy as she can, whether it's by chatting with her coworkers or just making a cup of refreshing coffee to drink. After a good break and a short chat with her coworkers, Shiori will proceed back to her job refreshed and motivated

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
She looks at the two students helping their friend limp to the bed and tells them they can wait outside. She approaches the student and looks at his sprained ankle, instructing him to lift it as high as he can to reduce the swelling, as he puts the ankle in a more comfortable position to reach for, Shiori proceeds to reach for a bandage kit and warp it around his ankle carefully but tightly so it won't fall off, explaining that he needs to get as much rest as he can and apply cold ice from time to time. As she finishes warping it around his ankle she takes scissors and carefully cuts the bandage lose.

/me As the student walks in and takes a seat on the bed, Shiori approaches the desk and picks up the clipboard nearby. She walks up to him and takes a moment to observe him through her bright, blue eyes. She takes a deep breath and holds the clipboard close to her chest as she speaks with him, listening carefully to what he has to say. After getting the details about how he fainted she begins to check his vital signs, as well as asking him a series of questions that includes medical history, symptoms, and his condition while writing everything down on her clipboard

/me Shiori stands up and follows the student who’s guiding her outside, she shakes her head and lets out a deep sigh as she sees a group of kids surrounding a student on the ground and a broken window with a ball laying nearby. She asks everyone to step away from the window shrapnel and carefully helps the student to sit on a rock nearby. She bends over placing her knees on the dirty and dusty path, She proceeds to open the water bottle cup and starts pouring it carefully over the wound, cleaning all the path dust off as she inspects the damage of the glass shrapnel. Seeing that the wound is not worse than a scratch Shiori proceeds to clean his wound carefully with a clean piece of cloth applying some pressure with her hands to stop the light bleeding.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Shiori Yamada
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Preferred Name:
Shiori
Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
Single/not married
Academic Degree:
Masters
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Healthcare
Minors:
Psychology, business management
Nationality:
Japanese
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
Native Languages:
Japanese
Other Languages:
JSL (Japanese sign language)

Backstory

Shiori Yamada was born into a small, tight-knit family in Karakura, Japan. She didn’t have any siblings, so was given the most attention from her parents. Her parents were cultured Japanese and were madly in love. Despite the years to their marriage, they still had a spark between them and would do a lot to maintain their affection and love for each other. Her dad was quite the romantic and would seize any opportunity to take her out to dinner for example. Growing up Shiori idealised their relationship and therefore became a hopeless romantic. She would spend a lot of her time watching movies and reading intriguing books, expanding her knowledge of the wider world. But it also meant that it gave her something to compare her parent’s relationship to. Over time, she realised that she didn’t want love if it wasn’t as exciting and as committed as her parents’.

Throughout her childhood years, she was very committed to her studies. Her dad was quite strict when it came to education and had taught her from the start that to be successful in life, education is very important. She would set goals for her to complete on a monthly basis, after all, she was a very organized and punctual person. Her father was a businessman and she was always interested in his line of work, which led to her taking up a Business Studies class in high school and she pursued this at College. She particularly enjoyed psychology which she studied in her spare time since her school didn’t offer the subject. She had built a foundation of psychological knowledge by talking to her mum’s aunt who was a psychologist for younger kids and researching different topics that took her interest in her spare time.

At school, she wasn’t the most popular and had trouble fitting in. However there was something at school that made the transition a bit easier - the male receptionist at the time. He was the second person she had talked to when she moved from Korea to Japan with her family. She was born in Japan but lived in Korea for the first few years of her life since the rest of her extended family lived there, including her mother’s maternal family. So when they moved back to Japan, she had to change schools of course. The receptionist was extremely kind and helped her settle in, and showed her around during lunchtime so she could get used to the buildings and surrounding areas, he even let her eat lunch with him for the first few lunches since she was finding it difficult to make friends as she had transferred in the middle of the year.

Shiori was always amazed and thankful for the male receptionist, she was amazed at how kindful and helpful he was and, always wanted to follow his path and be helpful towards others and help teens like her in the school environment, but due to her parent’s strict policy she was forced to study something that would suit her parent’s ideology, ending up learning medicine, which was still a good option for Shiori as she would still be able to work in her favorite environment and keep her parents happy

As time passed by, Shiori got her job as a nurse at Karakura high. Unfortunately, she was forced to move back to Korea for a short period of time due to some events occurring with the family back in Korea, this meant Shiori had to quit her job temporarily. Eventually, when she came back to Karakura she immediately started looking forward to re-taking her position as a nurse at Karakura high

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I have always loved helping others, and seeing the wide smile forming on their face after helping them always made me feel excited. Ever since I started my college studies, I already knew I wanna become a member of the school faction! I knew this job would fit me perfectly since the school environment is very challenging and I love to take on challenges in life, combining that with helping students, makes this position perfect for me. I'm also very interested in a healthcare career! Being a school nurse can give me countless amounts of experience that I will not be able to get anywhere else. Of course, I also wanna assure that the students at school will always feel safe and see the school as a friendly environment that they can trust

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
Yes, in fact, I used to work at Karakura high school before and I got to try different positions within the school. Starting as a Receptionist and eventually leaving as a Teacher, each position gave me a lot of working experience within the school environment, which I'm sure will benefit me a lot.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
Compared to other applicants I got great experience within the faction, I can resolve problems that may occur during the shift quickly as I have most likely already been through them and I will know what to do. This also means that the rules are very clear to me, meaning I’m less likely to make any mistakes or break any of the rules. My clean record also shows that I can be relied upon, and my dedication to the position.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

Thank you for the time you have taken to read my application
Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Pending

- Unfortunately, we don't have any spots at the moment but whenever this changes I'll review this application again!
- If you ever decide to remove this application change the title to [REMOVE]
- There is a Receptionist slot open, if you are interested let me know over DM's

If you have any questions don't hesitate to DM me - mariav#6666

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Nurse! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread