Check out our in character Social Media

mc.roleplayhub.net

Loading status...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official SchoolRP | New Map, Events, Feedback & More

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by Im6, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Luca

Luca United States Level 20

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    Economy reset as in money? Not actual items? Inventory reset sure but to an extent, I don't believe removing all, maybe inactive players, or if they really wanted to take the time then find the ones with duped items or a higher quantity of an item. As for the last time, demotions could be useful but then those factions would lose players, and then new players may apply, but then those players might go inactive, so it could just become a continuous cycle.

I agree with all but to an extent, maybe not an entire wipe, but money wipe maybe. If the staff took the time to wipe duped items then sure, but there is only so much you could do. If they did choose to wipe everything then everyone would start from scratch so it could help, but they would need to find a fix of glitching and duping first.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fatalified

Fatalified Germany Level 7

Local Time:
    1:44 AM

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this. I get where you're coming from (it would make the roleplay a little more realistic, as there isn't really such a thing as a 'safe zone' in the real world (or, in other words, murder can happen pretty much anywhere)), but there's the risk that places like spawn will become chaotic if those safe zones get removed, which would not be pleasant for new players.

While I do partly agree with the suggestion, as it would offer the opportunity for a fresh start, I do also partly disagree, due to the mere face that many players will be heavily dissapointed.

Keep in mind that there will be a massive impact if this does indeed happen. People who have been saving loads of money or made profit before the map change will find themselves with hours and hours of work wasted. One example here could be tailors, who have spent and still spend a lot of time creating skins for people in exchange of certain amounts of in-game money. This also applies for players with in-game roles like teachers, or shop owners.
    Plus, if it all goes with ulkuva's plan, wouldn't it be unlogical for everyone to somehow lose their money?

As long as players who own customs get to keep them, I don't see a problem with this suggestion. Though, please keep in mind that it will create problems and tension regarding the amount of money spent on these reset items.

+1.
    Not saying people aren't interested in their roles, but it would definitely make it fair for others. But can you really rely on people to be fully honest with how many alts they have, and what they are called?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. saveiro

saveiro Netherlands Level 2

Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    I would personally like to see more opportunities for illegal money making, think of organizations selling weapons rather than BMD's, create a market around the set prices. Or very generally suggesting: create more systems and RP opportunities as staff members for players regardless of what kind of RP they want to do, to make an overall more diverse gameplay approach.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hugh_casey2k17

hugh_casey2k17 Ireland Level 2

Local Time:
    12:44 AM
    a. Would you prefer a smaller or larger map compared to what we have now & why?
    I would rather a smaller map, i like the secret hideouts but having to go looking through the whole map for roleplay just isn't it.

b. What new roles, if any, would you like to see present on the current or new map?
    I like how there are many roles throughout the city but i would like more practical ones to be added, none in particular!

c. Would you prefer the 'open' design of a city we have now, or a more close quarter setting?
    I like the open design

d. What's one of the biggest issues you have with the current map?
    It's too big and the houses look copy and pasted, its unnatural you know?

e. What's one of your favourite things about the current map?
    The Shopping District

f. Would you prefer stores the way they are now or more spread out as their own buildings?
    I like how they are now.

g. Should there be available Towers & Estates for purchase?
    Yes, I like how families have their own towers, it adds a sense of rivalry somehow

h. Would you prefer a Subway or Bus Station? Or no public transport at all?
    iF there is any it should be already in the map instead of being added and removed

• Like Like x 2
  5. _PastelDreams

_PastelDreams United States Level 11

Local Time:
    Normally I would say that I'd like a larger map to possibly help a bit with the lag. But in this case I already like the size of the map, I believe it's a great size.
    b. What new roles, if any, would you like to see present on the current or new map?
    I personally like the current roles that have been set now. BUT Maybe remove the Grade-7 and Grade-8 role OR add in a Grade-6 role and you'll see why in my additionals.
    c. Would you prefer the 'open' design of a city we have now, or a more close quarter setting?
    I like the idea of an open design.
    One of the biggest issues I have with the current map is the safezones, although I don't personally gangrp I feel like these safezones are giving these people an advantage to use them to avoid a roleplay situation they got themselves into.
    I really do like the layout of the map as it is right now, but honestly I love how the beach is set up. The only thing that I don't like about the beach is that it's a little too bland, you can't see sea animals in the sea and you only have to imagine if you're swimming in the ocean. I guess in my opinion it's not very realistic.
    Another thing I like is the Auction House, although people are using the auction to price items way too over their original price this is still a nice thing because we can have a chance to buy items that we may not be able to get at shops due to inactivity.

f. Would you prefer stores the way they are now or more spread out as their own buildings?
    I like how the stores are now, but honestly I feel like having them spread out would also be nice. Either way I'd be fine and in the likely case, you can do a little bit of both!
    Part of me thinks that Towers and Estates are useless, sure people buy them for their larger families but I really see no point in them. But I do think that if they had the buy sign on them that there's a better chance they'll be bought.
    A subway or a bus station would be fine, No public transportation would literally kill me because as it is already I have to run to get to the Zen garden or other various places like Block D because there's no transportation to that place. I think a Subway is the best idea and I'm really hoping that there's new places added in the subway.
    Additional-
    - Although the point in having the rule of having to be on school property at all times is here I believe the rule should have a list of reasons why you WOULD be off school property during school time. If you were caught by staff the staff would have to question you as to why you're not there. Simply if the person lies to get away with their actions they'll be punished. I really don't see why we NEED to be on school property when school times are open because it's unrealistic and in real life we wouldn't have to be on school property if we were sick or something is going on.
    - Separate the Highschool from the College. In this case Highschool and College should NOT be mixed together. Speaking of which, Grade-7 and Grade-8 students don't count as Highschoolers [At least where I am from] I believe the roles should be removed or a grade-6 should be added and maybe a small middleschool could be added. [Reading this it's mostlikely a really bad idea]
    - Redesign the Houses. The houses on srp don't look aesthetically pleasing at all, most importantly if the server sets in Japan I feel as if the houses should be something you would see in Japan if you lived there or were visiting there.
    - More active Shop owners. If we're going to have shops we need to have ACTIVE shop owners. Recently I feel like well-known shop owners haven't been opening up as much or a lot of shops open while others are still open and they all close too quickly due to 'Low supply' which gives people 0 opportunity with that. Shops should have a very good supply of their items that they sell.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Missunderstood

Missunderstood Nigeria Level 83

Local Time:
    reset inactive teams and have new captains [the captains can just be in the team, but without the captain role]- i swear some of them have been there for over a year

• Like Like x 3
  7. meneaterchan

meneaterchan United States Level 51 Moderator

Local Time:
    a huge majority of college teams all have captains who have been in their spots for three months or less along with a lot of the high school teams as well, theres only like three teams that i can think of that have had their captain position for over four-five months

even with this, the ones who have been captain for so long haven't been removed from their spot because they keep their team atleast sort of active

• Like Like x 2
  8. Missunderstood

Local Time:
    by the time the new map is ready, they'd be on for hallllf a yearrr, yeah some captains are really good at their job buuut it wouldn't make sense if we were going with the yokasuka lore if the same exact caps were there, you get?

• Like Like x 2
  9. meneaterchan

meneaterchan United States Level 51 Moderator

Local Time:
    theres not really a way to go around explaining why a majority of citizens from karakura will be transferring over to new lore

• Like Like x 2
  10. eto

eto United Kingdom Level 11

Local Time:
    Personally, I might just make my current Captain character go elsewhere (not set in stone yet), whilst still keeping my Captain role. There doesn't have to be a change in the person OOCly since they're doing a great job, I think there could be a character change by choice. You have to think of both the management IC and OOC in this scenario. There is a reason why they've had the role for a while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Missunderstood

Local Time:
    yeaaah like a change of characters or something

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lord_Contine

Lord_Contine United States Level 4

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    I believe a larger map would be better, there'd be more areas to explore, it'd allow for more location changes, mysteries maybe, as a Gangrper I feel like a bigger map would make it harder to find people, but also make it easier to fight out of public eye, I've noticed whenever I knock someone out there's always a camera a mile away that magically saw me, and it'd be nice to have a few zones where Gangrpers can have fun
    I think there should actually be a Gangster roll, so that new people and stuff wont accidentally threaten them and automatically lose an eye, I'd also like to see an adolecence/kid roll, for those kids people seem to have you know?, age like 0-10 type beat
    I believe it should be a sectioned type place, the train station can go through 3 parts; first the country side, which would have a forest and beach, along with a barn house and like acres of land, it would be a wide-open ranged area for camping activities and such, then it would transfer to a Town setting where there would be an estate or two, along with some houses and shops, and maybe after that it'd transfer to a full on city, with closed areas left and right, alleyways galore, towers here and there with apartments, I know it'd be a lot of work but its an alright idea if you ask me.
    I'm lagging my arse off, it seems like theres cameras everywhere you go, and its a little small
    I like how it has a little of everything mentioned in C, there are alleyways and a city part which in my opinions is alright, but a countryside would be pretty cool I guess, as long as it dosn't put gangrpers at a downside like there's a camera at legit every corner
    I believe stores in general are a little weird, like yeah they're really good for people to make money but say there's 8 stores, and they took all the ideas, you cant do much after that, like at some point I wanted to run a sports store, but then I thought about it and it'd just be weapons galore for gangrpers, so hear me out, stores for citizens, and stores for gangrpers underground, it would get rid of the problem of shop owners never getting online and mostly BMD
    Yes, as I said you could put them in areas where it would feel right, the system of power or whatever exists in real life so might as well just put it in the game, plus they can be useful for a lot of things.
    I think public transport is a good idea, the bus can go to the Countryside and town while the subway goes to and from the city and town

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yume_

Yume_ United States Level 25

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    cloud_divider
    ok so it deleted my original draft for this reply
    A smaller map would be better, like someone else previously stated all the little hideouts are great but they're at the cost of finding roleplay easily. On the current map, it's hard to locate people in more than groups of 2 or so. However, there are some exceptions to this, those being: Spawn & Fraternity/Sorority

The server works well with the roles it currently has, but I wish they were more utilized. For example, we have school counselors now, if there were planned group counsel meetings that would be cool. However, those types of things are player led.

I enjoy the open setting of Karakura, and I'd like to see it again. One of the main differences between FRP and SRP is the build styles. You have close quarter cities like Westholm there, which in my opinion can be a bit too small to mimic the "city" or "town" feel of it. For example: how cluttered some places get when say, more than four people are roleplaying together. The scale of buildings on SRP makes you feel small, like you're in an actual city or rural town.

It's hard to find anyone else roleplaying, dare I say it has too many interesting places to go explore. The maps been around for ages, people, staff, etc have all left their little marks on it. It's beautiful, but when everyone's dissolved into going to their special spot (apartments, hideouts, penthouses) they're closed off. It's hard to find them... But at the same time these little touches are incredibly fun to discover IC and roleplay there, it makes the map feel lived in.
    Over time most of these locations end up becoming husks, like Inukami. They're around for a day or so and then POOF no one ever hears of it again. They go under used, but they're all prepared and decked out for roleplay.

Another issue that's a bit harder to explain is how the central roleplaying point is.. at spawn. Which is a pretty boring place to roleplay, it was a lot better back when it was 11/7 or the family store.

All the little places, the niches that people have made that you can PUBLICLY access (for example, the bobcat hideout, fight club, etc) My favorite places are the ones with those little touches, details that make them feel real. I think that those should be naturally made over time again, but actually used instead of just dying out.

By far my favorite location was one made by me and @MikeShotZ in the bobcat hideout, we later on found ourselves roleplaying there every night or so for a few weeks. It's still used every now and then but it holds a very special spot in my heart and I hope to make something like that again. That all being said, I don't think they should be included right off the bat with the new map, I can't stress enough that they should naturally be carved out from the map by the players who want to roleplay.

A close second is the fraternity though, it's always fun to hang around there lol. Lots of fun to roleplay with everyone there and I know it's not a Japanese thing but I really want to see some iteration of it on the new map.

TLDR: Secret places are GREAT but too many of them maybe not

Spaced out for sure, being someone who has played on SRP throughout the entire map of Karakura's development I much preferred when stores were spaced out. Sure they were harder to find at first, but you got to know the layout of the town via exploration.

This is a double sided coin, on one side if no one has a private little spot like a tower or estate everyone's stuck roleplaying in the same space. That's great and all, but there are some story-related reasons as to why Estates and Towers are neat (plus sometimes you just want to be roleplaying in private).

Estates and Towers can serve as points of interest, back when the Herringtons first existed they were regarded as a new and intriguing family. They had secrets, things they were hiding-- Things that as a player were super interesting to see. Take it as they had a castle, something that made you want to look into them. But special things like an estate or tower are only "special" if a limited amount of people can access them. This would end up being like.. Three estates that exist/can be used but I don't think they should all go up at the same time. Towers I don't like very much.

I really want to see bicycles. For the reasons of aesthetic, I think bus stations would be good. Don't actually put a bus in front of them, but they'd make good markers for things.

SEPARATE FEEDBACK ON A NEW MAP:
    Please don't let spawn become the hang out zone, make a place close enough to the school like a corner store for people to hang out near. There's a certain amount of social engineering (??) it takes to make a meetup place like this. It has to be somewhere convenient enough for a new player to seek out, and older players to linger by.

- I would like to see at least one or two secret spots at launch, yknow, fun things to look for & write interesting lore bits (for example an abandoned train station that's covered in moss and grass)
    - Rural over big city. I really want to see a change in setting, and I think it'd be really fun to try out a more spacey countryside town. The kind you see in ghibli films, with lots of world building through niches you can find by exploring. It can be done with a city setting too but ig I'm just tired of big city Karakura. I want to see those giant lily pad fields.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Luca

Luca United States Level 20

Local Time:
    I don't care, all I want is the countryside. Farming, and beautiful scenery, that I can build a ranch upon. Some nice sawmills, barns, rivers, oh it makes me dream of it while I speak of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SeanTheBunnyBoy

SeanTheBunnyBoy United States Level 1

Local Time:
    SeanDukeOfTyoshi
    In my opinion, A more rural setting for a map would make much sense, I'm all for it with large maps and a smaller map will only make the server much much more crowded than it is now. Though its not a huge problem, I dislike the fact that gathering areas such as spawn is where most players will be located. However a larger map will not solve this and may even make the situation worse. But for as of now, I believe a larger map for SchoolRP is needed, I also suggest the map to be made by someone who is actually experienced with things such as World Painter so we won't have a map with spikey mountains (No sauce on the creator, I watched his streams while he made the map for the server!). Also it would be great to see a river or even a bay that leads out into the ocean.
    No real add-on for this.
    Open designed city will allow for future addon's or close offs for events.
    In my personal opinion my only issue is the Canal, Its so random and as literally no source of water (Big on that realism)
    overtime things have changed, As of now I don't even have a favourite thing for the map, It was removed (The forest next to 11/7)
    Own buildings. Make people RUnnNN.
    Yes, For player made organizations this would be great.
    I believe the subway system that is put up now is fine, But buses should be used for school, In the morning like how people wait at the gate, Maybe a bus can appear at a bus stop and have the option to warp said student to the front gate or a bus rest area on the side of the school.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Missunderstood

Local Time:
    if ur planning on doing citty!! i will say it once and i will say it again MAKE IT VERTICALLLLLL!! not the boring horizontal

• Like Like x 1
  17. Qxmer

Qxmer United States Level 7

Local Time:
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. slatt

slatt United Kingdom Level 158 Senior Administrator

Local Time:
  19. Missunderstood