Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+

DOWNLOAD

This thread is dedicated to explaining the guidelines for Custom Items, Vehicles, and other
miscellaneous perks that you can purchase at our store.

As explained further in this thread, there are two ways of loading your resource-pack. If
you're having issues loading the resource-pack on the server, click on the download below
to install our resource-pack manually.

RESOURCE PACK DOWNLOAD

Note that you'll have to repeat this process each time the resource-pack updates (Friday).​

- What are custom items?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom items and vehicles are one of the most popular packs when it comes to donation
perks. These allow you to introduce your very own design of a custom item to the server
resource pack so that both you and other players can see it should they be using our pack.

Whether it's a simple hat, your favourite car, or even a katana, the 3D-Modelling team will be
in charge of assisting you through the process of requesting a custom item!

- How do I get my custom item?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you purchase anything, it is recommended that you privately message the Media
coordinator with what you want to request. It is important that you do this, since we do
have some guidelines that determine if your custom item idea is allowed.

It is also important that you read the model guidelines found in this thread, as well as the
ones found in our store (located here) before you proceed with your purchase.

1. Buying a custom slot from the RoleplayHub store
Firstly, you'll have to head over to the server store (located here), head over to Custom Donations
and select the pack that best fits your budget. Once the transaction has successfully taken place,
you'll receive an automated e-mail with a code. This is what's called a transaction code. Make sure
you keep this code, as you'll need it later on when redeeming your item.

If you have input the wrong information in the process of purchasing this item, you will need to
send a private e-mail to our support team - support@roleplayhub.com

Great! You now have what's called a Custom Slot. There are various types of slots depending on
your selection back in the RoleplayHub store. Currently, there are three types:
- Items. You can use these to request cosmetic items without special properties (phones, weapons, etc.)
- Furniture. You can use these to request furniture that you can place in your property (chairs, beds, etc.)
- Vehicles. You can use these to request any sort of drivable automobile (bicycles, motorbikes, cars, etc.)

2. Redeeming your purchase
Now that you've purchased your custom model, it is now time to redeem it! In order to do this, you
must head over to the SchoolRP discord server (located here) and execute the following command:
/redeem-custom <transaction-ID>

If you're having issues when trying to execute this command, contact the Media coordinator in order
to figure out the root of this issue. However, do note that most of the times such an issue occurs, you
will need to contact our support team e-mail -
support@roleplayhub.com

Once you've done this, you will be redirected to a channel exclusively dedicated to your request. In here,
you'll find instructions on what to do next, which consist of sending your reference picture(s) and choosing
a specific modeller if you wish to.

3. Custom model's progression
After you have been assigned a modeller, they will provide screenshots depicting the progress of your
custom item(s). It is important that you give feedback on your modeller's work, as our first and foremost
priority will be that the final product is up to your expectations

If, after you've sent your reference picture, you wish to change your model, you should do this before your
modeller has started your request. This is because modellers spend a lot of time making sure their work is
valuable. Therefore, making them scrap their work is certainly something that should be avoided.

However, do note that modellers have limitations imposed by Minecraft: Java Edition and/or the overall
style SchoolRP modellers use. For more information on this, feel free to contact the model coordinator.

Moreover, modellers often find that they've been assigned a lot of requests, which results in their progress
being slowed down. However, if your modeller has not started your custom model whatsoever within 14 days
of redeeming your slot, the model coordinator will re-assign your item to another available modeller.

4. Custom model submission & implementation
Once you are content with your modeller's work, you must let them know that they can submit the custom
they have made for you. After this, if you do not have any other requests dedicated to that channel, your
channel
will be closed and deleted. This is to make more space for other requesters.

If your channel has been closed and there were still some pending items, feel free to privately message the
Media coordinator to continue your request.

After your modeller has finished your request(s), they will send it to a specific channel dedicated to model
submissions. Every Friday, the Media coordinator will look through this channel and implement all of the
submitted models into the server's resourcepack. This usually happens on Friday.

Once this day arrives, the resource-pack attached in this thread will be updated with your newly made custom
item. Do note, however, that the automatic version of the resource-pack (the one that is automatically
downloaded when joining the server) will not follow this exact schedule. This is because the server must be
restarted for the automatic version of the resource-pack to be updated.

Depending on the type of custom slot, you'll need to follow specific steps to receive your custom item in game:
- Items & Furniture. You will generally receive these automatically without having to pay for the first instance of it.
- Weapons. Instead, you'll need to contact @Hirathex via Discord DMs to get your first instance of it.
- Vehicles. You must wait for the Media coordinator to message you about how you can pay to receive your vehicle.

Additionally, custom vehicles tend to take longer to be introduced, as these must be manually configured
by the server owner. The maximum estimated time is around 30 days. If you have not been contacted by
the Media coordinator within this timeframe, feel free to ask for feedback on your vehicle's implementation.

- How can I get copies of my custom items?
Congratulations! Now that you have your desired custom item, you may be interested in sharing this
cosmetic piece with your friends. Do note that you can't get infinite copies, and that there are certain
limitations when it comes to requesting copies to avoid exploits and/or scams.

Depending your custom slot's type, you will need to follow a specific path to request copies of it.
- Custom Items & Furniture. Submit a copy request in our dedicated forums (located here)
- Custom Weapons. Contact @Hirathex on Discord to request custom copies of your weapons.
- Custom Vehicles. You may not request copies of your custom vehicles.

Moreover, you'll also have to execute a command to pay for your custom items, as you'll receive these
without having to interact with anyone. The command in question is the following:

/taxpay models <money amount>

For example, if you wish to get a copy of a custom top hat you own, you would need to first execute
the command /taxpay models 7000 (this is the price for wearable items) and post a thread in the copy
requests forums (located here).

When it comes to how much a custom copy costs, you'll either find the prices in the copy requests
forums in the case of normal items/furniture, or you'll be told by someone else in the case of custom
weapons and vehicles. Moreover, you can't request more than 8 copies per week.

It is important to note that you can't make profit from trying to re-sell these custom copies. Custom
items are meant to be cosmetic equipment that contribute to roleplay scenarios. Therefore, using these
to try and make profit ilegitimately will result in your item's becoming public, even without your consent.

- How can I make my item public?
Finally, if you wish to make your custom item public so that the entire server can enjoy the item you
have requested, you have two options that you can choose depending on the nature of your item:

- For custom items and furniture, you can contact a shopkeeper or a faction lead to see if they're
interested in buying/accepting your item as theirs. This way, you'll be able to sell your top hat to a
hat shop so that other new players can also wear it! Likewise, you could also give away an item such
as a neck-held camera to the News faction if they're interested in it.

- For custom weapons, the only method to make it available to other players is by contacting a BMD
via IC means, and offering to sell them the ownership of your custom item so that it can be sold during
Dark Auction events. For further instructions, feel free to contact the BMD lead.

- For custom vehicles, we generally do not accept these offers. However, for further negotiation, you
can always privately message the Media Coordinator

In any case, it is important to know that, once you've given away / sold the ownership of your custom to
make it public, you will no longer have access to requesting copies of it. However, you can always
get these items via In-Character means, just like the rest of the community.

- Frequently asked questions
- My model has been removed without my permission. What do I do?
3D-Models are usually removed when their owners have been permanently banned from the network
or if they have been inactive for longer than 6 months. Regardless of the case, if you are still a member
of the SchoolRP community and you find that your item has been removed without your consent,
you must privately contact the Media coordinator to sort this issue out

Staff generally has access to owner archives, but it is recommended to also send the transaction ID that
you received when purchasing your model to further proof you do own it.

Note that if you were not the original owner of an item but you were given the ownership of it,
the model will not be re-introduced since you did not pay any real-life money for it

- I don't like the current style of modelling. Can I try modelling it myself?
As stated previously, all modellers must follow Minecraft's vanilla style when making models to avoid
increasing the texture pack's size too much. This means that we will not be accepting any voxelized
or unoptimized models.

Even if you do have experience with Blockbench and wish to make it yourself, the only members of the
community that can submit models are staff members with experience, or official 3D-Modellers.
- I have an old model that doesn't look good compared to the new style. Can it be redone?
If you own a model that has an old style that doesn't fit Minecraft, you can ask a modeller or the Media
coordinator to consider re-modelling it with a new style. However, do note that many of these remake
requests are not eligible, meaning the modeller will only do this voluntarily without anything in exchange.

Moreover, we do not tend to prioritise model re-makes if there are many active requests, so it might
take some time until you hear news about it.

- Can I pass the ownership of my item to someone else so that they can request copies too?
You may not pass the ownership of your custom item to anyone else. This is because we have
strict guidelines for logging custom items. This means that adding such an option would make it
impossible for staff to moderate who owns which items, and who's allowed to request copies.

This also applies to custom vehicles, meaning that you can't give away your vehicle to anyone
else. This used to be unmoderated, so if you have a private vehicle that was given to you and
that you have not purchased, please contact the Media coordinator to clear out what happened.
- I just found a custom item in my apartment. Can I keep it?
If you've purchased a property whose former owner had private custom items in them, you cannot
keep them, as the custom owner did not consent to your having copies of that item.

In contrast, you can keep items that have mug properties such as ballistic masks or weapons, as
these can technically be stolen under the right circumstances.

- I've seen many people selling their custom cars. Can I do this?
Over the past years, there have been no rules that prevented players from selling their vehicles to
other players, hence why you can see many people with vehicles they didn't originally purchase.
However, this is no longer possible, as the Developer team is working on making a plugin that will
make vehicles bond to one's profile.
If you have already purchased a vehicle with IC money from somebody else, you will have to contact
an Admin+ and have that vehicle returned to its original owner, since, when we add this plugin, you
will no longer have access to it. You can also try to get in contact with the original owner of the
vehicle to have your money returned, or have some sort of deal that compensates for your loss, but
this is completely up to the two members that took part in the purchase.

If you have any questions, please DM @Yonio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread