Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: HighlightedTwin

How old are you?: 15

Do you have any previous bans?: No.

What Country are you from?: I’m from the United States and my time zone is EST.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, I have discord. It is, HighlightedTwin#8826.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I understand.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I am aware of this and it shouldn’t be a problem since I’m active almost every day.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:

I am on the server almost every day after school on weekdays and all the time on the weekends. I usually check to see what’s new on the forums through the server discord any chance I get. On weekdays I’m on the server at least 6 hours and on the weekends I’m on the server for at least 8 hours.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Korean Language Application~ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/korean-application.20169/#post-71273

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

To put things simply, I always wanted to be a teacher. Growing up and seeing my teachers teach a subject, I took a liking to it and observed how they teach their classes. I wanted to do the same thing and expand my knowledge to students as well. Becoming a teacher in-game may also give me the simulation of what it's like being a teacher in real life and that's an opportunity I'm willing to take if I have to try 300 times to get this position. I believe that there are a lot of people who are either uneducated or undereducated and with more teachers involved in the school there will be less violence and gangs happening within the city and more educated and successful children roaming around making it a more peaceful and enjoyable place.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

I have been roleplaying on this server for a while since August and I know most of the basics of roleplaying. I've watched roleplays on Youtube as well. I learn more as I go, especially through observation of others and I have also done roleplays outside of the server.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: I have read the Teacher/School Staff COC handbook thoroughly and made sure I understood everything clearly.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

The classroom logs are for teachers to document their classes and lessons they provide for the class. It shows that a teacher is active and is doing their job properly and not slacking off. It’s proof to other staff members that a teacher is actually doing their job and isn’t inactive, otherwise, they would be demoted for inactivity and/or slacking off.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

If I were to start a field trip, I would first plan out in detail where the trip will be and what is the purpose of the trip. I would include details on what will be done at the trip site and how many supervisors shall attend along with me to help keep watch of the students. I will then set up a meeting with the Vice Principal to talk about my plans for the trip. If the trip were to be approved I would then gather the supervisors together and write and print out copies of field trip forms for the students to be able to go on the field trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. There shall be no eating or drinking in the class.

2. No phones are allowed in the classroom. You will be given 3 warnings before it is taken away and will be given back after class.

3. There shall be no violence or profanity in the classroom. If this rule is violated you will be given detention or be put in the vice principal's office.

4. Respect others and their privacy/personal space. That also includes the teacher or any other adult that enters the class.

5. No talking when a student or the teacher is speaking.

6. Please refrain from getting up from your seat too much. Raise your hand and ask for permission to move.

7. Always be ready with materials when we take notes or do classwork.

8. Raise your hand to be given permission to speak or to ask a question.

9. Make sure your area is clean before you leave.

10. Always try to do your best in the class before giving up.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
This was my first time playing on a roleplay server in Minecraft. It was a very enjoyable experience role-playing as a student and making friends. Outside the server, I roleplayed before on Roblox in certain games such as High School Roleplay where I would roleplay as a freshman or sophomore, Dragon Roleplay where I would roleplay as an elemental dragon, and etc..

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Stands for Head of Department. They are considered highly skilled teachers of the subject and oversee the lower-skilled teachers classes, specifically the new teachers. They train newly qualified teachers and approve of their lessons and plans for the class.

- QTLS: Stands for Qualified Teacher of Learning Skills. They are considered certified skillful teachers of the subject and are able to teach their class without much help.

- NQT: Stands for Newly Qualified Teacher. They are brand new to the teaching job. They may also seek help from the Head of Department and be watched by them to verify that they are teaching their class correctly.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game are very similar if not identical to teachers out-of-game. They plan their lessons ahead of time, prepare their workspace, wait for the students to enter their class, start their lesson, and by the end of the day grade their student’s work. Once on break, they are either planning their next lesson in the teachers’ lounge or grading papers. Possibly even talking to other teachers about their day or how the class went. They teach needed subjects such as English, Maths, Science, History, and elective subjects (what they call them in my country) such as Art, Technology, or Theatre. A teacher may teach only one subject, however, where I’m from some teachers would teach a needed subject such as English and teach an elective subject such as Art in different periods. In the United States, teachers are paid an annual salary of about $60,000. By my research, in Japan, teachers are paid about $62k annually. In-game, teachers are paid a monthly salary of 250,000 yen meaning they earn 3 million yen yearly.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

The teachers are the fundamental people that drive the server in a continuous path for roleplay. Without them, it wouldn’t really be much of a school. Besides that, they are the key to giving students a good education so that they are able to graduate and do whatever they want in life after they finish school. Teachers are the reason why there are educated students who are able to reach their goals with the knowledge they received from them. Without them, it would possibly be nothing but children running around the streets and being violent towards each other.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system the school works on is the “Must have, Could have, Should have” system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Her name is Iris Hakye. She is a 5’3 tanned female with a nice figure and grey eyes with deep blue hair. She is a very understanding person. She would always listen to both sides of a story before making her judgment. She believes that her students would always ask good questions in life that would lead to big and new discoveries. She wants them to be able to take what they learned from her lessons and be able to use that knowledge in the real world. But most importantly, she believes her students can be a better version of themselves and be able to guide others with their kindness and potential. Iris outlook on the other teachers are people who she can trust to be able to help her if she needs any. She believes they are people she could look up to in order to successfully give good and fun education to her students.

Iris is very kind and funny with a bit of crazy in her. She takes pride in what she does and doesn’t back away from an argument unless she needs to. She is very protective of her family and she would treat her students as if they were part of her family, meaning if any of her students were to be bullied she would step in immediately. Some day Iris plans to possibly run her own bakery since she loves sweets or maybe even write books since she loves writing as well. For now, she would like to settle down with teaching since it was her first goal when graduating from school.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would simply ask them why are they cursing and swearing then tell them to stop. However, if they keep at it I will threaten to report them to the Vice Principal and give them detention. If they still continue, I will take the necessary action of reporting them to the Vice Principal so they won’t influence the other students to do the same.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

If no one in my class is listening, I would raise my hand to signal the students to do the same and wait for them to stop talking and give me their attention. If that doesn’t work I will clap my hands in a nice rhythm to gather the class attention and wait for them to stop talking. If none of these actions work I will raise my voice higher so they can get the message of who’s the main focus of the class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

She would chat with the other teachers and try to take notes on how they run their class to see where she might need to improve on or do differently. She may drink coffee while grading late assignments if there are any.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She’d stand at the podium in the front of the class with a smile on her face, welcoming the students as they sit down

/me She’d ask a question about what the class learned so far and looks around the classroom, waiting for a student to raise their hand to give her the answer she is looking for

/me She’d walk down each row, passing out the assignments to every student while giving them a smile reassuring them they can do it

/me She’d sit at her neat and organized desk to grade a few assignments carefully while making sure the class is quiet while doing their work

/me She’d stood up straight and walked to the front of the class then raised her hand to signal to everyone they should do the same and give her their full attention

Backstory

In 1995, Iris Hakye was born in Seoul, South Korea. She lived with her mother, father, and her older sister in a beautiful, well cleaned home with lots of backyard space including spacious rooms. Her mother, Tasmaki, was always busy at work running a store but was able to make time for Iris and her sister. Her father, Jeongyen, would make sure his daughters wore the best clothes growing up so every time they went to school the other students would admire them. However, Iris didn’t care too much about fashion. She had her mind set on education and would always get good grades. Any test she’d take she would pass and it made her family proud. Jeongyen would help her study and learn things that teachers didn’t necessarily teach in school.

By the time Iris reached the age of 10, she became more interested in learning new things and was eager to share any knowledge she had received with her friends and family. Since she was considered the smart girl of her friend group, they would always do tutoring sessions whenever they have a test coming up. The way she would tutor them would be similar to how their teacher would teach in class but she made it more interesting and easier to understand. One day while Iris was tutoring Autumn, her best friend, she told Iris that she could be a good teacher when she grows up. Iris didn’t take it seriously and took the compliment as a joke. When she got home she met with her father and sister to eat dinner. While they were eating, her sister brought up the same comment Autumn told Iris. She looked down as if she was embarrassed and Jeongyen laughed and smiled at Iris, agreeing with the compliment.

By the age of 14, Jeongyen made the decision of showing Iris his lab. This is where they would test certain chemicals that can reduce or increase the smell of certain items such as perfume or scented lotion. In the far back of the lab, there would be a huge telescope surrounded by a dome of shelves filled with books almost like a library. This is the area where her father would read and do research for major projects for his fashion and beauty company. He told Iris that all his famous works started with science and without science in this world, people would be lost and humanity would never grow. Iris had a huge smile on her face. Being surrounded by all the books where it's peaceful and quiet made her happy. Every day she would come to the lab and study by herself. She would work on her own science projects like making a volcano that was almost as tall as her to erupt colorful foam from a book she read. Her interest in science grew each day she came here and she never wanted to leave her happy place.

Iris reached the age of 15 and was thinking about what she wanted to be when she grew up. By this time she was already part of the school council and it was her last year in Seoul. Autumn was also part of the school council and she tried helping Iris figure out what she wanted to do. They thought of Iris being a chef or being a scientist. They even thought of her being a librarian because she loves reading books. But after so many ideas Iris still couldn’t decide on what to be. She then sat in class and focused on the lesson Mr. Orochi, the science teacher, was teaching. She was so fascinated with the way her he taught the class that she took notes on how the he ran the class and little scenarios that could happen while class was in session such as a delinquent interrupting the class or the students not paying attention. She loved observing how her teachers handled their students and how they always shared their knowledge with their students. Once Iris got home, she ran up to her room and took out her notebook with all her little notes about the classroom. As she was reading them, she smiled daydreaming about running her own class one day. She soon snapped out of it and finally realized that this is who she wanted to be. She really looked up to her teachers, especially her science teacher and wanted to be like them. She wrote fake lesson plans and even sketched out how she wanted her class to look. At first, she was a little embarrassed because of how obsessed she was wanting to teach but she soon embraced her dream of wanting to become a teacher.

After the school year was over, Iris and her family finally moved to Karakura, Japan to live with the rest of their family and continued her education at Karakura High School. She observed how the teachers acted and taught their classes there and took notes on everything. She took a liking towards English and Science since they were the easiest subjects for her due to her always studying at the lab back in Seoul. Any chance she got to share her knowledge with her peers she did so in a fun way. She was liked by her classmates and her new friends supported her dream of becoming a teacher. She even made her own fake classes after school and of course, her friends joined in like it was an actual class. She made fake quizzes and studied how her friends would react to certain things, becoming well prepared the next day if the same thing were to happen.

One day Iris father received a call from his boss back in Seoul and his services were needed. Iris mother and father decided to move back to Seoul and leave their daughters with their cousin. Before Jeongyen left, he gave Iris advice about the real world: The things we really want in life are hard to get so we do everything we can to get it and push people away, that’s what makes us greedy. But striving for something that gets us to the top that requires help from our peers, that’s what makes us ambitious. With this advice she received, she started working hard to strive for the top in all her classes. It was a hard journey for her to pass her classes but she was able to focus and maintain a balanced life with the help of her friends. She then graduated at the age of 18 and went onto college where she was then able to help out teachers while taking notes of their teaching strategies. Surviving High school and college, Iris Hakye has always followed her motto: Don't stop even if you succeed, and don't back down even if you fail.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Iris Rososora Hakye

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Hakye

Given Name(s): Iris, “Miss I”

Preferred Name: Miss Hakye or Miss I

Religious Denomination: Atheist

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Korean

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): N/A

Working Experience (# of years): 2

Academic Degree: Bachelors of Science

Year of Graduation: 2015

Major(s): Biology & English

Minors: Writing & Narrative Structure

Native Languages: English

Other Languages: Japanese & Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I do.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Science or if it’s full then English

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
I wasn’t 100% sure if I should add the very very beginning of Iris backstory since it would be at least over 5,000 words or so, so instead I shortened it to get a little more to the point.

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- I loved reading the backstory, and I cannot wait to see what you do on the team!
- Please DM me on Discord - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread