players online

Accepted Science Teacher's Application

Mara

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: Jengerred

How old are you?: 11

Do you have any previous bans?: No.

What Country are you from?: I’m from the United States.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): No.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
Since quarantine started I have been hopping onto Minecraft for longer and longer periods. I get on for 1-3 hours a day and enjoy it very much.
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
No.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Even though I am young, part of me loves teaching! I love science and I had a science teacher who really made it fun to learn. He showed me that sometimes the topics that may be boring to some will really jump through to others. It just depends how much you are paying attention.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I go on rob lox sometimes and on this server a lot! I have fun with roleplaying because you can really find who you are inside. Nobody really knows you, but somehow they do. You are all connected by that.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: I have read all the "Do's" and "Do not's", so feel I have a good understanding.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
The classroom logs are for teachers to document the classes they did for that day. It is helpful for teachers as they are able to keep track of how many classes they have done, how many they need to do, and what lessons should they teach in the future. This also applies to other staff as they may see which teachers are active versus the ones that aren't while also keeping track of how many classes each teacher has done.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
Starting a school field trip is simple, all you would need to do is, of course, plan where and when the field trip will be held and what the students can learn from the trip. Then present the plans to the vice-principal or principal either through DMs or in-person (icly). Finally, waiting for their approval of the field trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
These are prime rules that are introduced to the class:
1. There shall be no eating or drinking in the class.

2. No phones are allowed in the classroom. You will be given 3 warnings before it is taken away and will be given back after class.

3. There shall be no violence or profanity in the classroom. If this rule is violated you will be given detention or be put in the vice principal's office.

4. Respect others and their privacy/personal space. That also includes the teacher or any other adult that enters the class.

5. No talking when a student or the teacher is speaking.

6. Please refrain from getting up from your seat too much. Raise your hand and ask for permission to move.

7. Always be ready with materials when we take notes or do classwork.

8. Raise your hand to be given permission to speak or to ask a question.

9. Make sure your area is clean before you leave.

10. Always try to do your best in the class before giving up.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
My roleplay experience in SchoolRP had its ups! I have had good friends, and study sessions, and party's, but then some people were rude when I even said "Hi!" to them. I feel we just need to look at the positive's and keep doing the things we like.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD: Stands for Head of Department. They are considered highly skilled teachers of the subject and oversee the lower-skilled teachers classes, specifically the new teachers.

- QTLS: Stands for Qualified Teacher of Learning Skills. They are considered certified skillful teachers of the subject and are able to teach their class without much help.

- NQT: Stands for Newly Qualified Teacher. They are brand new to the teaching job. They may also seek help from the Head of Department and be watched by them to verify that they are teaching their class correctly.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game are very similar if not identical to teachers out-of-game. They plan their lessons ahead of time, prepare their workspace, wait for the students to enter their class, start their lesson, and by the end of the day grade their student’s work. Once on break, they are either planning their next lesson in the teachers’ lounge or grading papers. Possibly even talking to other teachers about their day or how the class went. They teach needed subjects such as English, Maths, Science, History, and elective subjects (what they call them in my country) such as Art, Technology, or Theatre. A teacher may teach only one subject, however, where I’m from some teachers would teach a needed subject such as English and teach an elective subject such as Art in different periods. Teachers, where I'm from, are usually underpaid and gradually get more pay depending on how much they work. While in-game teachers are paid depending on how many classes they teach and log, 250k being our base pay for 15 classes and 50k extra for 5 more classes we teach.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
It wouldn't be much of a school without the teachers as they are needed to teach the students. Teachers are also supposed to be the role models for the students as they are a prime example of what a mature and educated person would be like. They are primarily the decision-makers of students being able to pass their class and determine if a student in excelling in the subject they teach.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system the school works on is the “Must have, Could have, Should have” system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Maya Cortez is a short brown haired lady that stands at 5'3. She has blue eyes and big eyelashes. As someone who may seem easygoing, she has a strict side to her and she makes sure that the right amount of discipline is served, if needed after a necessary amount of warnings. She is confident and often stands up for her own opinions and ideas, though she takes friendly advice with a smile.

She believes that her students all have the potential to grow whether it be their maturity or their act of nature, and that each student should be treated as an equal. However, she has low tolerance for those who don't pay attention to her class or disrupts her class. If an issue were to arise between her students, she takes the time to understand the situation before making a judgment.

Other teachers are like her idols, specifically those who are very passionate about their job. Those who are actually doing their job and are passionate about it deserves her respect and those who laze around and are just there for whatever reason deserves to be hit with reality. Meaning, they should understand that there is more to this job than just sitting in a class and hoping students pay attention.
She has a nice personality, seeing as she is approachable and outgoing while also having a little sense of humor when the time is right. There's not much as she plans to do in the future yet hopefully become better at teaching. The hope to be a pure role model for her students and see them succeed in life.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I will tell them to calm down and warn them to not curse in the hallways as it may influence those around them to do the same. If they continue this will eventually lead to me giving them detention and a possible visit to the vice principal's office,

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Students are like little children. Grabbing their attention with a possible token or any type of item will quiet them down as I tried this in the past and it seemed to have worked. Those who fail to listen to my commands will simply be kicked from the classroom while receiving detention if necessary.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
If she would go to the teacher's lounge, she would be sitting while drinking some water or juice, either grading papers, preparing new lessons, or just recollecting herself from a stressful class.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me She’d stand at the front of the class, greeting every student with a good morning as they sat down in their seats

/me She’d patiently wait for a student to raise their hand with a smile to answer the question that was given just a few seconds ago

/me She’d walk down each row, passing out the assignments to every student while giving them a smile reassuring them they can do it

/me She’d sit at her neat and organized desk to grade a few assignments carefully while making sure the class is quiet while doing their work

/me She’d stood up straight while introducing the lesson to the class, scanning each student to make sure they are paying attention

Backstory

Maya was born in Findlay, Ohio. She lived with 4 others that adopted her and gave her the name Maya Cortez. The father of the family, Jake, was a teacher Maya looked up to him. she was taken into the classroom with Jake to see the class and she just fell in love with the teaching job.

Going into middle school, Iris set her sights on being a teacher while also participating in school events and even helping coming up with events as well. They called her "Wide eyed Blue" due to her fierce blue eyes and the fact that she always had wide eyes and was eager to learn. She worked closely with her teachers, trying to learn as much as she could such as: what to do when the class isn't focused and how to deal with disruptive students. She was able to learn way much more once she got into high school. She took some classes that helped guide her thinking when being a teacher. She was able to learn what to do in certain situations while teaching is in session as well as how to handle students out of the classroom.

The family decided to move to Columbus, Ohio. It was a fresh new start for everyone including Mara, but it didn't change her mind about becoming a teacher. Years later, she got into college and decided to major in her favorite subject, science, as it felt easy for her to do. She also took classes related to teaching and learned more about class setups, lesson planning, detentions, etc.

Fast-forwarding
she got a degree and moved back to Findlay, ready to teach. She could not apply immediately, as she had to settle in a new place. For a little while she worked at a grocery store near her house, and soon got distracted from applying. She kept telling herself, just do it, what do you have to lose? But the voice in her head would just rebuttal with, You have a lot to lose, your house, your job, your family, etc. Finally one day she decided, I am going to do this! It must of hit her that the voice inside your head tries to protect you, but there is no protection for someone who does nothing! You have to try and if you succeed you can live the life you wanted.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Maya Cortez

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Cortez

Given Name(s): Maya, Miss Cortez

Preferred Name: Miss Cortez or Maya

Religious Denomination: Christen

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American

Current Location: Findlay, Ohio

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): New to teaching.

Working Experience (# of years): 1 year.

Academic Degree: Bachelors of Science

Year of Graduation: 2016

Major(s): Biology & General Science

Minors: Teaching, English

Native Languages: English

Other Languages: N/A
Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I do.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Science

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Mistalee

Level 104
APPROVED

-ˏˋ Congratulations! ˊˎ-

- For someone your age, I must admit -- This application is absolutely lovely. You're a pretty good writer for your age, good job! Definitely was a pleasure to read through.

- To further your career as a teacher, please ensure that you have joined this Discord-Server.

- After you've done the step listed above, please shoot me a direct message at; Knot#6368 to get you set up with your new role!

Users who are viewing this thread