Rich+

KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

SCP973 (Alternate Account)

Discord Name & Tag:
Apocryptoz#6566

Previous bans:
I have a 1 hour ban from December 2022 on this Account for “Using programs to increase playtime”. To explain what happened, I was running in the Long-Jump section at the School Trackfield and basically used it to increase my Speed. I have learned from my wrongdoings and have not used any methods to cheat my attributes since.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say that my activity is pretty decent. I log onto SRP every week. I'm most active during the weekends, where I play 6-12+ hours every day. I’m less active during weekdays due to school, though depending on if I have a lot of work or not, I can play for around 2-5 hours a day during weekdays. On a scale from 1-10, I'd say I'm at around 7,5/8 out of 10 in activity.

Which timezone are you in?
CET (Central European Time) (GMT+1).

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
I haven’t applied for any other factions within SchoolRP, as they didn’t interest me as much as the KPD, though I have several language applications and a height application, of which 5 of 7 got accepted.

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation to join the KPD comes from my willingness to experience as much as the server has to offer, as the only job I’ve had was working as a waiter for Larenco a few months back. After roleplaying on SchoolRP for about a year now and trying out other Roleplays such as GangRP, I’ve witnessed some of the KPD’s work firsthand and noticed that the KPD always interested me the most out of all the other factions due to the department’s organization, communication skills, and quick reaction timing, to name some. I’ve had experience with Law Enforcement for the past 5 or 6 years now and therefore already have quite the experience with everything police-related and have been realistically roleplaying as an LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) since 2017-2018 on various games, therefore knowing a lot about police work in general. The majority of that time I went out on patrols, concluded traffic stops, responded to calls, and took part in raids. I will go into detail and explain all of this in the following question.

I strongly believe that I am very well suited for this working position in the force and I believe joining the police force is the best role and job for me due to my skills and experience previously stated. I’m fully determined for this job position and promise to always put the most time and effort into the role, fully knowing that it may be more difficult and that it may take more effort than usual at times. The last reason I wish to join the KPD is that as much as I love spending time on SchoolRP, ever since I quit GangRP it’s been getting boring for me since I don’t have much to do and so I wish to try something new on the server to prevent my activity from decreasing.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
The KPD’s job is to maintain order in Karakura by fighting organized crime. They are expected to act mature and professional whilst on duty at all times and are expected to help anyone that is in need of it. As mentioned previously, I worked as an LEO in other games. During those times, I attended multiple trainings that taught me everything I know today. I learned the different breach/raid formations one must perform when raiding someone’s property, and the 5 different levels of force an officer can use:
Level One: Officer’s presence, physical appearance towards the civilian, professional act of representation towards someone who is involved or suspected of causing an incident.
Level Two: Verbal commands, clear and deliberate action towards the civilian, though still keeping it verbal and understandable towards the civilian.
Level Three: Simple techniques, using a tool towards a civilian correctly (Pepper Spray, Baton). These tools are to be used if the civilian is still non-compliant with an Officer’s direct orders.
Level Four: Hard techniques, using the correct tools towards a civilian (X26 Taser, Handcuffs). This would correctly maintain as the civilian has not followed any of the Officer’s orders when you have ordered them. These tools are also to be used if the civilian is holding a weapon, verbal commands to drop the weapon can still be used before using the tools.
Level Five: Lethal force authorized, if the civilian pulls out a dangerous weapon and tries to injure someone with it, the Officer is authorized to open fire using the Glock 17. These can be lethal or non-lethal shots.

DESKWORK
Being a part of the KPD includes deskwork. This will mostly be carried out by Cadets as they’re not allowed to go on Patrols or respond to Calls and generally can not leave the Police Station unless accompanied by an Officer. The Officer must always be respectful, professional, and understanding at the front desk and have duties such as talking to civilians about anything law-related, answering any questions on inquiries they might have, talking about someone’s bail, and bailing someone out of jail as well as patting down anyone entering the station if the metal detectors are set off. If someone has something to report, they are to be pat down and taken into a private room with the Officer, where the report will be taken. This could be valuable information for the KPD.

CCTV
CCTV cameras are spread around the entire city and are an important tool for the KPD. CCTV cameras can be used for proof against anyone who broke the law and can also be used to witness any suspicious activity. Officers could quickly react to prevent a situation from worsening, though Officers are only allowed to use CCTV if they have a proper motive, for example, if a report was made. CCTV cameras can also be used to follow criminals through a chase or to locate any missing people by checking their last seen location, for example.

PATROLS
Patrols are usually done by Patrol Officers, though sometimes a Patrol Officer+ will also do patrols. A Cadet can also attend patrols if accompanied by a Patrol Officer+. Though Officers can go on patrol by themselves, it is heavily recommended that they patrol in a group of 2 or more to avoid any unforeseen attacks or dangerous encounters, where the Officer would be greatly outnumbered and put at risk. This is also why Officers on Patrols often have their Tasers equipped at all times. Patrols are being done in order to keep an eye out for any crime or suspicious activity to prevent anything dangerous from happening and to apprehend criminals. If the Officers encounter someone that is masked, they are to instruct them to face the wall and proceed to pat them down. In such an encounter where the offender refuses to face the wall, the Officer may give three verbal warnings before forcing the civilian to do so. If the civilian is wearing a Ballistic Face Mask, the Officer is to check the mask for any dents and spray it down with their Luminol spray for any blood. If the mask were to have blood or dents, the civilian would be detained for questioning, though if no blood or dents are on the mask, the Officer is to ask for their ID to check if they have a felony on their criminal record. If they were to have a felony on their record, the Ballistic Face Mask would be confiscated and the individual would be fined 25,000 Yen for Illegal Possession.

EQUIPMENT
Baton
- A baton is the only melee weapon an Officer possesses and can be very useful for close-range combat as hitting someone twice with it will render them unconscious. They can, however, be mugged from their hands with proper permissions.

Handcuffs - Handcuffs are the tool with which an Officer detains or arrests someone. They are not muggable, though whoever’s getting cuffed can roll to avoid arrest when actioned to cuff. Every Officer has 2 pairs of handcuffs on them.

Police Radio - The radio is a waterproof device used by every Officer and EMS Worker to communicate with one another. It is always clipped to every Officer’s uniform and is not required to action to speak into unless in an opponent’s range. Though it is not muggable, it can be destroyed with a blunt weapon if the attacker has the proper permissions to do so.

Breathalyzer - The breathalyzer is an unmuggable tool used by Officers to measure the amount of alcohol someone has consumed. It is required to action when using it on someone and the individual has to blow directly into the tube in order for it to work properly. If the intoxication levels are above 20%, they could get fined for public intoxication.

Police Badge - The badge is owned by every Patrol Officer+ and shows their full name, department, and rank, along with their badge number. This item can not be mugged.

X26 Taser - The Taser is an Officer’s long-range non-lethal weapon, which is used to temporarily incapacitate an individual. It has a 7 block firing range and can not be mugged. It must be actioned to fire unless the individual is actively moving and has to be actioned to take out unless out of range.

Pepper Spray - The Pepper Spray is another long-range and non-lethal tool only carried by Corporals+ that can be used to temporarily blind an individual. It too has a 7 block spraying range, is not muggable, and has to be actioned to take out and used.
Crowbar - The crowbar is a short-range tool possessed by Corporals+ and is used to pry open doors, chests, and trapdoors. It must be actioned to take out and use and can be mugged if the proper permissions are met. The crowbar can also be used to knock out an individual if hit twice with.

Glock 17 - The Glock 17 is the Officer’s only lethal weapon that can be used to neutralize any threats. It can however also be used to non-lethally hit someone such as shooting their arms or legs, rendering them useless until treated. Shooting someone in the head with it will knock the individual out and will start a 10 Minute Bleed Out and Knockout timer unless saved and treated at the hospital. Shooting someone in the chest will restrain them from using lethal force against someone unless treated and will start a 10 Minute Bleed Out timer. The Glock 17 has a 30 block shooting range and a 2 Block physical range. If the Officer is out of range, they must only specify the area they are aiming at before shooting, though if in range, the Officer must specify who and what they’re aiming at, as well as being restricted to one shot per action. It is not muggable and is only possessed by the Higher-Ups and Detective Inspectors unless temporarily given to Detective-Constables or Sergeants.

Riot Gear - The Riot Gear is a uniform worn by Officers when responding to dangerous and high-risk calls. The Riot Gear comes with a bulletproof and stab proof vest and is usually accompanied by a Gas Mask, completely hiding the Officer’s identity. It also supplies an additional magazine to Officers carrying a Glock 17. The Riot Gear can not be mugged and can only be taken off by force if the Officer is unconscious.

Police Bike - The Police Bike is a motorcycle possessed by Corporals+ and Detectives which allows Officers to move at high speeds, allowing them to respond and arrive quicker to calls. The Bike can not be mugged and can only hold 1 person at a time.

Police Cruiser - The Police Cruiser is a high-speed vehicle only possessed by Higher-Ups and Detective Inspectors that can hold up to 4 people at a time, allowing them to arrive to calls quicker. The Cruiser can not be mugged.

Luminol Spray - The Luminol Spray is carried by every Officer, allowing them to spray down any items for blood, even if not previously visible to the human eye. The only time the spray doesn’t detect blood is if the item was washed with bleach.

Flashlight - The Flashlight is a long cylindrical item carried in a flashlight ring. Though it’s useful in darker areas, its weight can make carrying it uncomfortable.

Baton Holder - A cylindrical ring located on an Officer’s duty belt to holster your baton in.

Key Holder - This item is used to prevent keys from making any noise and keeping them silent.

Key - The key is used to unlock handcuffs.

Disposable Latex Gloves - These gloves are disposable non-fingerprint-proof and are worn by all Officers.

Fingerprint Scanner - The Fingerprint Scanner is used to scan someone’s finger which could match other fingerprints found on a weapon, for example. In order to do this, fine powders would be needed to detect and match fingerprints on the scanner.

First-Aid Kit - The First-Aid Kit is a small kit used when EMS isn’t available. When a First-Aid Kit is used by an Officer, the individual will gain an extra 5 minutes before they bleed out.

Body Camera - The Body Camera is clipped to every Officer’s uniform on the chest and is waterproof. It is constantly live-streaming and recording unless manually turned off by the Officer and though it can not be removed from the uniform, it can be destroyed with 2 blunt hits or 1 stab hit and can be covered by something. The Body Camera can record and view anything the player sees.

RAIDS
If a criminal has weapons, or if there is reasonable suspicion as to whether or not someone may have weapons stashed, officers may conduct a raid on their property. Officers must acquire a warrant detailing permission to enact a raid from a Judge. All storage containers such as chests or barrels will be searched for weapons.

10-CODES
10-Codes are the KPD's way of communicating over the radio during patrols or raids, for example. Officers use them to quickly and easily communicate with one another. Communicating via 10-Codes brings many advantages such as communicating secretly, meaning not a lot of regular civilians know what they mean. Using 10-Codes to communicate is also a simple way of communicating without any misunderstanding.

PRISONER CARE
After a criminal has been arrested, Prison Care Roleplay could be done as the arrested character if provided by the Officer or if requested by the person who was arrested, though I believe it must be approved by the Police Lead first. Prison Care Roleplay consists of giving the inmate different tasks to do such as cleaning up the courtyard.

RANKS
Police Intern

Main Division
Police Cadet
Patrol Officer
Police Corporal
Police Sergeant
Police Lieutenant

Detective Division
Police Detective Constable
Police Detective Inspector
Police Detective Chief Inspector
Police Detective Superintendent

Higher-Ranks
Police Captain
Commissioner

110 CALLS/REPORTS
110 calls are made when there is an emergency within the city, and either an EMS or KPD responder will pick up depending on the type of emergency. If the emergency line is misused, civilians can and will be arrested for misuse of the line. Most often, Officers respond to 110 calls that are of the dangerous variety. Sometimes Officers have to dress in Riot Gear if the situation is very dangerous, and they are usually responded to in groups depending on the severity. Some calls may require EMS responders on the scene along with KPD if there are injured persons that need to be transported to the hospital.

PATDOWNS
Patdowns are performed whenever a masked individual is spotted by a KPD Officer or whenever an Officer has enough susceptible reason or proof to pat someone down. Patdowns also happen when metal detectors go off at Government facilities such as the Police Station or Town Hall.

There are 3 different patdown formations Officers can perform:
6 O’Clock Formation - This formation is the most common patdown formation used by the KPD. When performing a 6 o’clock Formation patdown, the Officer swaps positions with the individual being pat down, causing the Officer’s back to face the wall and having the individual in front of them. This formation is performed to prevent any surprise attacks from behind, which would cause a disadvantage for the Officer. However, if the Officer is accompanied by another Officer, the individual being patted down would face the wall, with the second Officer standing back-to-back to the Officer patting down, covering them.

Ring Formation - This patdown formation is performed the same as the second 6 O’Clock Formation, with the difference being that there are multiple Officers covering the searching Officer, forming a ring around them.

Cone Formation - This formation is the same patdown formation as the Ring Formation, with the only difference being that there are fewer Officers, therefore causing the covering Officers to spread out more.

ARRESTS/DETAINS/FINES/CONFISCATIONS
If an individual is found to be guilty of a crime or if they have enough evidence against them, they may be arrested and taken to the Police Station. The Officers must take all of their possessions. Any illegal items will be taken from their inventory.
Depending on the situations, individuals may be fined for minor offenses such as Jaywalking, Harassment, Bribery, etc.
Detains happen when an Officer has reasonable suspicion of someone having committed a crime such as when they find a bloody or dented mask in their inventory, as well as being on a crime scene before the arrival of the Officers.
Confiscations happen when Officers find illegal items on someone such as alcohol or smoking tools in possession of an underaged individual, for example. Confiscations can also happen depending on someone's Criminal Record, to say if someone with a Felony on their record were to possess a Ballistic Face Mask and caught with.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police is mainly important to SchoolRP due to the amount of GangRP that occurs in Karakura, as it is a popular part of the community. Because of this, the police are a vital part of keeping order within the city and ensuring that there is a balance. If there were no Police in SRP, then it would likely dissolve into chaos, as there would not be a well-equipped force to combat criminals and provide a reason to better conceal crimes. It also brings an interesting part in roleplay, seeing as the other non-school factions serve to provide structure and stability within the city as well.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I acknowledge and understand this. I understand that demotion could happen at any time for a variety of reasons and promise to deal with it respectfully and without complaints.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I acknowledge and understand this. I promise to do my best and give my best efforts to the KPD.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge and understand this. I promise to attend as many training sessions as possible, even when offline. Certainly when I’m online as I wouldn’t want to miss them.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Luca Matsuoka

Character's age (if accepted):
Twenty-Six (26)

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male, He/Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters Degree in Criminal Justice & Criminology

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
JSL
Korean
Luxembourgish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Luca Matsuoka is a Luxembourgish male who stands at the tall height of 6’8 and weighs 211 pounds. He has a muscular build, slightly messy dirty blonde hair and pale green eyes. He’d mostly have a stern look on his face whilst on duty and always has a slight smell of coffee lingering around him. I’d say the part that makes Luca stand out from the crowd is definitely his height as it is above most individuals’ heights, making him stick out like a sore thumb.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In professional situations, Luca always maintains the best level of maturity and professionalism, having a serious outlook when he’s on duty and not letting his personal life get in the way of his work life. He treats everyone with respect and will always be respectful, no matter the situation as he was raised in a well-mannered household, not letting someone or something get into his head, that could cause him to be disrespectful. He will always give his best efforts to fulfill his assignments and tasks given by his co-workers.

In a casual situation, Luca appears to be a lot more laid back and relaxed, being generally very comfortable with talking to his friends and co-workers on and off-duty. Even when around his closest friends, he will always maintain his manners and respect for everyone, not letting them influence his actions or behavior.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Luca’s outlook on the idea of teamwork is an important aspect of the force for him, having learned that during his time in the Military and the Police Academy back in Luxembourg. Teamwork is an essential key to successfully accomplishing an assignment or mission. It is highly important that teamwork is performed with perfect accuracy, as the smallest mistake could seriously endanger someone’s life, in the worst situation, losing the life of someone. This is why teamwork is practiced in trainings over and over again until everyone gets it right. Communication is key and plays a big role in teamwork to better plan and carry out a mission. As for Luca’s outlook on co-workers, they are part of the team and he treats everybody of them as his family, both on and off-duty as he will be working with them as a team every single day. Luca will try his very best to maintain the best relationship between himself and them, hoping to befriend some of them to hang around with off-duty.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I see myself more as a follower when first joining the KPD as I still have a lot to learn and will be heavily inspired by my Higher-Ups, wanting to become and perform just like them in the future. I do, however, have some leadership skills from my past experiences and do see myself as a leader when I eventually pass all of my trainings and exams as a Cadet, being promoted to a Patrol Officer+, being able to teach new Cadets a few tips of mine that I used when going through their stage.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
EARLY LIFE
Luca Matsuoka was born in Larochette, Luxembourg on February 14th, 1996. He was born in a modern household with both of his parents. With his father being in the Police Force and his mother being a College Professor, money was not an issue in the family, resulting in them living a high middle-class life. Luca is a very nice, friendly, and well-raised child, who was always eager to meet new people and who was always slightly above average height for his age, which came from his father standing at a tall height of 6’10. Ever since a little kid, Luca wanted to follow his father’s path and pursue his dream of becoming a Police Officer just like him. This motivated him to attend classes regularly, never skip classes, and come home with good grades the majority of the time since Elementary School. He made a lot of friends during his Elementary years, where he hung out with him a lot.

HIGHSCHOOL LIFE
After graduating from Elementary School in 2008, Luca attended a public Highschool like the majority of the kids his age, starting to study Criminal Justice with his father at the age of 13. It is at this time that Luca started to learn Japanese using flashcards and books, as well as taking after-school Japanese classes. During his time in Highschool, Luca met a lot of new people and made a lot of new friends, thanks to his friendly and open personality, regularly hanging out with them and generally loving to spend time with them. Some would say Luca has always been a pretty stubborn kid, meaning if he had a goal, he wouldn’t let anything or anyone get in his way to stop him from reaching that goal. Continuing to bring home good grades, he passed his years in Highschool without any problems. When Luca reached the age of 14 and hit puberty, he got a growth sprout, growing from the height of 5’7 to 6’2 in just 2 years, to the age of 16, which is tall for his age. When he was 16 years old, he started to work out regularly and go to the gym with his father on a weekly basis. During that time, the growing didn’t stop until he was 18 years old, when he had reached his final height of 6’8, quite standing out from the crowd as most adults in Luxembourg don’t grow past 6’3.

COLLEGE LIFE
He graduated Highschool in 2014 with flying colors and shortly after applied for the same College his mother works at, where he took a 2-years Bachelors Course. During those 2 years, he continued his studies in Criminology and Criminal Justice, meeting new people and periodically going to parties with his friends. Luca continued to learn Japanese and attend after-school classes, being fluent in it at this point. After graduating with his Bachelors Degree in 2016 at the age of 20, he took another 2-year Masters Course, remaining with his focus on Criminology and Criminal Justice. He continued to stay very motivated to achieve his goal, even going as far as to take winter and summer courses added on to the normal semesters, meaning that he finished his courses in just 1 year, instead of 2.

AFTER COLLEGE
After he graduated from college in 2017 at the age of 21, he joined the Military, where he trained for 3 years to meet the requirements needed to apply for the Police Academy. After finishing his 36 months of service in 2020, he applied for the Police Academy, successfully passing the application and attending the Academy for 1 year. During his time in the Academy, he passed all of his tests and exams, passing the Police Academy in 2021 at the age of 25 and becoming an Officer. He worked for the Luxembourg Police for 1 year before he decided to move to Karakura, Japan to transfer and join the Karakura Police Department there, where he is hoping to stay for the rest of his life.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, owning a pocket knife is illegal in Karakura and will get you arrested for Possession of Minor Illegal Weaponry if caught with it.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Eyepatch
Wooden Cane
Bandage
Paracetamol
Cough Syrup

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
If such a situation were to happen and I was to witness it, I would first make sure that my Body Camera is on. This would be useful to later provide proof to the Higher-Ups when reporting them. After making sure that my Body Camera is on, I would get in between the Officer and the inmate, pulling the Officer away from the inmate and calming them down. After controlling the situation, I would bring the inmate to their cell and make sure that my co-worker stays away from the inmate. After doing so, I would collect all of my evidence and report it to the Higher-Ups.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I were to see one of my co-workers get assaulted, assuming that my Body Camera would automatically be on due to me being on-duty, I would first call for backup before unholstering my taser, running over to my co-worker and ordering the individual attacking to face the wall, if necessary, multiple times. If they would ignore my orders after several warnings, I would have no choice but to tase them, going in to cuff them before checking on my co-worker for any injuries to see if EMS is needed or not. If the individual attacking were to hold a lethal weapon and if I would be equipped with a Glock-17, I would shoot them in the chest area to avoid them fatally injuring my co-worker. After doing so, I would cuff them once again and call EMS to my location to bring them to the hospital.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If I were to find out that one of my co-workers is corrupt and helping organized crime, I would gather as much evidence as I can, both on and off-duty before reporting it to a Higher-Up, providing all of my gathered evidence.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
If a criminal was trying to bribe me, I would warn them multiple times not to try and bribe me and if continued, they’d be fined. If they choose to ignore my orders, I would go through with my warnings and fine them for Bribery.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread