Accepted Sekai's Physics Teacher Application

Sekai

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: Sekai

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Apathy#8494

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your timezone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server: I usually try to get online for at least a few hours a day depending on how busy I am outside of my free time. On weekends and days when I don't have school I'm usually active for longer.

Do you have any previous bans?: N/A

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server: N/A

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): High School Student - Grade 12

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: After attending classes and seeing teachers carry out their work in school, I came to admire their efforts and eventually decided that I myself might be good for such a profession. In topics I'm interested and knowledgeable in, I find that I enjoy explaining them and do so in a clear and concise way that's both interesting and informative to the listener. The primary motivation in me becoming a teacher is being able to apply that enjoyment to a subject taught in school, which in this case is Physics. I find that I have a lot to talk about on the subject, and as a result I'm interested in taking a more professional and academic approach to explaining it which is why I am applying to become a teacher.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Class logs are an efficient way of organizing teachers and the classes they teach. They allow teachers to organize a class and its work and allow others to verify that teachers are keeping up to standards in terms of lesson quality and lesson frequency. Logs ensure that the faction remains organized and that teachers carry out their jobs successfully.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: I would firstly consider the basics of the field trip such as its purpose and what exactly would be done on the trip. After having a basic outline, I would introduce the idea to a higher-up to obtain permission and then, after doing so, begin to plan out the exact details of the trip. Factors such as location and activity would be thoroughly planned and then once the details are finalized, the trip would be announced to students. Depending on the activity, textbooks or workbooks would be distributed and the class would go to the said location to carry out a specialized activity.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

• Listen and focus on the topic or task at hand.
  • Respect your teacher and your classmates around you.
  • Make an effort to complete work on time and to the best of your ability.
  • Be curious and ask questions.
  • Behave yourself. Have fun, but remember a classroom is still a classroom.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I generally have a little bit of experience in everything within the bounds of my role. I have experience with CombatRP and GangRP, and generally do my best to understand and take part in situations I'm not familiar with.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department manages the department as a whole, taking responsibility to uphold the standards of the department while working with lower ranked department members to make sure classes are carried out correctly and well.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified Teachers are generally more experienced than Newly Qualified Teachers to the point where they can guide them on the dos and don'ts of teaching and have a general sense of the expectations of their department and its subject.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newly Qualified Teachers are usually somewhat inexperienced with their department and may only have a minor sense of how to navigate their teaching. They typically depend on higher-ups for assistance teaching and representing the department.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are expected to uphold a standard of maturity and ability to both act as a role model for students and teach them effectively. Teachers are expected to have formal, planned lessons in their subjects, and their goal is to follow their lesson plan to ensure that each lesson is unique and engaging. Teachers should have a relatively organized outline or plan regarding their subject and how they want to teach it, and they should be able to teach beyond simply lecturing students. Whether through creating a class textbook or meeting with students outside of class to go over a topic, teachers should be willing to go above and beyond to help their students progress and learn effectively. Teachers should make sure their students understand the topic and should be willing to clarify or repeat if a topic isn't fully understood. Genuine engagement and interest is key for a teacher to teach well, which is why it's important for teachers to be creative with each lesson to ensure students remain interested in the subject. Whether through having entertaining explanations or going on field trips, it's up to the teacher to make their class memorable. Outside of classes, teachers should be willing to continue their work by meeting students to go over school work and assisting with whatever help a student may need. Teachers should be available to students as both a teacher and a mentor, keeping students engaged both in and out of class. For completing 15 classes within the month, teachers can earn up to 450,000 yen, with a 50,000 yen bonus being available for teaching an extra 10 classes within the month.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: As the name implies, SchoolRP needs teachers to ensure that students have guidance when learning and engaging themselves with school. By having teachers to act as formal guides who abide by a high academic standard, the school is able to function as one would expect a school to. Teachers ensure that students are engaged and learn where they're supposed to, and they bring a sense of order to the community as a whole. A good teacher makes all the difference which is why they're fundamental in getting SchoolRP to work.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: I'm not entirely sure, although I don't think it would be difficult to learn.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Sekai Harumata doesn't stand out to the average person. He is 6' 2", and because of his height and lack of weight to compensate he generally appears to be on the skinnier side. With the exception of his blue eyes, everything else about him physically is for the most part unremarkable. He dresses formally, often wearing dress shoes, button-up shirts, and sweater vests, despite knowing he'd be much more comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. He carries himself rather confidently, although he generally does this as a façade so his students have a role model of sorts. In reality, he's more of a reserved and unhappy person, often saving his thoughts for those close to him. As a teacher he teaches his subject to the best of his abilities, believing every student should have the ability to think critically and find their talent. Wanting himself to be an intellectual, he takes his duty of sharing knowledge with others to an aggressive degree, acting as both a teacher and philosopher. To his colleagues and students he's a quiet but enthusiastic person, expressing his ambitious hopes for his students through his positive yet solemn outlook on life and the possibilities of knowledge. After earning his degree, Sekai set out on being the next Albert Einstein or Plato, despite knowing that goal was far out of his reach. In the meantime, he uses his position as a teacher to share his gathered 'wisdom' and knowledge, often hoping his students will go on to do something great as a result.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Being one of the more relatable and calm teachers, Sekai would ask them to tone it down and remind them that they're in school. If they refused or continued, he would assertively threaten detention and if they continued, he would aggressively punish them with detention or possibly suspension depending on the context and severity of the interaction and the suggestion of a higher-up.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: He would first try to calmly request that the class quiet down. If the disruption continued, he would aggressively call out each person being disruptive and threaten further action if they continued. If the students continued to be disruptive, he would kick them out of the class and send them to detention without further warning.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: He would often use his break as an opportunity to think to himself and plan out the remainder of the school day. Depending on his schedule, he would either meet with students who may need help or plan out further lessons and activities. If he had any, he would go over his students' assignments and homework, eager to be left alone while he worked unless needed by a student of his or fellow colleague.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He would hand each student a test, occasionally turning to make sure nobody had started before he said to.
/me He would set the Newton's Cradle in motion. Pausing to allow the class to watch as the metal spheres swung from side to side.
/me He would go silent as he wrote out each equation needed for the upcoming test on the board
/me Sekai would enter the classroom wheeling a hefty oscilloscope on a cart, dusting it off as he placed it on the center of his desk

Backstory
Born into a relatively uneventful family in the quiet countryside of Japan, Sekai was interested in life's big questions from a young age. Despite initially being interested in computer sciences, Sekai found that he preferred physics after taking a mandatory class in high school. Around this time he also found an interest in philosophy after reading a book on ancient philosophy for his history class. In school he did well enough, however, it was in the classes he was interested in that he saw the most potential. Seeing the possibility of answers to his ambitious questions in science, he applied for the renowned STEM specialized Akita University where he barely managed to get in after being waitlisted. Although entering with the intention of pursing his interest in computer sciences, he quickly opted to major in physics due to Akita University's specialty in theoretical physics, a field of interest to Sekai. He quickly chose to pursue a PhD, which he eventually obtained after years of difficult work. Shortly after receiving his degree, Sekai began a short internship at the Theoretical Physics Institute of Kyoto before deciding to take a break from the rigorous work of scientific research and study to temporarily pursue a less demanding line of work. Using the remainder of his savings from his family and internship, he travelled across Japan for a year before deciding to put his degree to use and find a full time career. Living on little money, he initially planned on moving to Akita to apply as a teacher to the university, however, his longtime friend recommended otherwise and informed him of Karakura. After a great deal of consideration, Sekai chose to move to Karakura due to its afforable housing and scenic location along the coast. Initially planning to apply to work as a professor at the local university, he was inspired by a letter of congratulations on his work from his former high school physics teacher. Sekai ultimately decided to apply to work at Karakura High where he believed he'd be able to make an affordable living answering life's big questions and sharing his knowledge with others.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name:
Sekai Harumata
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Sekai
Preferred Name: Sekai

Age (Minimum is 27): 27
Religious Denomination: Agnostic
Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 2

Academic Degree: PhD
Year of Graduation: 2017
Major(s): Theoretical Physics
Minors: Philosophy

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: N/A
Preferred Teaching Subject: Physics

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Science Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
-I'll accept this, however you haven't properly completed your character's backstory (256/300 words)​

Users who are viewing this thread