Accepted SexPistols (Populi Alt) Music Teacher Application

Populi

Level 7
Populi
Populi
Fundraiser+

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

SexPistols (SexPistols is the username of the account I'm applying for Music Teacher on, my main is Populi.)

How old are you?:

Do you have any previous bans?:

No, but I have a few warnings. I was warned twice for foreign languages in OOC, once for metagame and a few others which I don’t remember the reason of. (note: most of these warns are from 2017/2018)

What Country are you from?:

South Africa (GMT+2)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):

you#3269

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:

Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, but I don’t think that will be a problem for me because I am often reasonably active and if something comes up such as school exams I would notify my inactivity in advance. I had janitor once and was removed from the position due to inactivity, but that was quite a while ago. I was also fired from my other position, Lunchtime Monitor, for inactivity, but it’s just because I didn’t see there was much to do as Lunchtime Monitor and I had a different mindset. I plan to improve though, as being a teacher always seemed like a real challenge I was up for but I didn’t feel I was ready for it before.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:

Either this question was once true before but is now outdated, is an error or a trick question to test if you’re paying attention. Teacher Roster is a list of the teachers and information about them such as age, player, ect, not where you input your classroom activity. I believe classroom activity goes in the #class-logs channel.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:

I do not remember the exact date of joining, but I joined the server when the uniform was mandatory and they were gender roles that made your name blue and pink. SchoolRP was a roleplay server that had an active player base and many things to do, so I naturally played on the server a lot. While I honestly don’t go on the forums much unless I am making an application or searching for something specifically, I still am updated as to what is going on. I go on the server often and have seen it evolve, seen staff come and go, the map changing, the new school, ect.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

French Application (Accepted)

[URL]https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/french-app.16852/#post-58135[/URL]

Hawaiian Application (Accepted)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/alt-hawaiian-application.15460/#post-50528

Private Tutor Application (Denied)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/private-tutor-application.13021/#post-40962

Korean Application (Accepted)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/korean-app.13627/

Lunchtime Monitor Application (Accepted)

[URL]https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/lunchtime-monitor-app.13130/[/URL]

Chinese Application (Denied)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/chinese-application.12916/

Chinese Reapplication (Accepted)
[URL]https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/language-application-re-apply.13085/[/URL]

Janitor Application (Accepted) (Alt Account)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/janitor-app-´∀.12056/

Korean Application (Accepted) (Alt Account)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/korean-language-app.11479/

Teacher Assistant Application (Accepted) (Alt Account)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/navis-t-a-application.11388/

Note: It's a bit surprising that some of these were accepted, not only are some of them straight up embarrassing but they lacked many details, and a few were not formatted correctly. However, Most of these are old.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I’m drawn to the idea of teaching not only in this server because of the fact that I simply enjoy it but because I have an OOC interest in teaching. My motivations for teaching include:

First, I like to do the challenging work. Once the development of education started late and there were few professionals, it can be said that education is very challenging. And I just don't like to join in the fun, find an unpopular professional field, and do professional research and practical work, in line with my personality.

Second, multiple success stories inspired me. Many people often ignore education because they don't understand education, or they use the wrong way of parenting to cause problems in their growth. When the problems are solved, I see that the children are gradually embarking on a healthy growth track. Seeing people truly learning and the benefits makes me more convinced of the practical significance of teaching.

The third is to constantly improve the core theoretical system of education, so that there are more and more beneficiary families. The way I am going is entirely from a lot of practice, constantly summing up, and then rising to the theoretical process, I call it the path of practice. Although this road is very difficult, but after being widely recognised by the majority of parents, I feel that the road is getting wider and wider.

The summary of the above points is the biggest motivation for me to be a teacher. Although it is not in the process of preparation, although it depends on oneself, as long as there are parents' word of mouth, their recognition, and the children's likes, I think I will go straight on the road of education. 

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

It feels natural to be creative. The concept of creating original personas and characters and having the ability to play out scenarios with no limitations was something I was drawn to. Prior to my 5 years experience of role-playing, I read fictional books and I typically enjoyed going on typical creative plot type servers and visiting high school role-plays, camp role-plays, lab role-plays, all expectedly of low quality but because of that I am able to distinguish these things easier I have gained knowledge from these experiences. The things I’ve learnt are quite general, such as what are cliches, good skins, how to make original and relatively interesting characters, a little bit of building skills and how to bring life to a dead scenario.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:

Due to the fact that the Faculty Handbook is bugged out, I have not read it. I have, however, read the disciplinary documents necessary.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

Classroom logs are a simplified summary of a lesson that has taken place and what has happened during the lesson.

Classroom logs are a necessary way to judge a teacher’s abilities to follow instructions and summarize in a system that works well for everyone. Being able to see a teacher’s lesson plan is also a method of evaluation and judgement to uphold a certain standard.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

To start a school field trip, you will first have to consider factors such as if it costs money and if it does if it is worth it, reasons as to why it would be a good educational experience, safety to the students and after these questions are answered and the criteria is met you will have to discuss is with whoever is in charge of processing these ideas/whoever’s the principal at the time. You will also have to notify the students in advance.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  1. You may not eat or drink in class. This not only could not make a mess, but it could potentially distract other students by the scent of certain food. Allergies are also a concern in such a closed space, if you really need to eat food due to a medical concern or something similar you must go outside.
  2. Do not speak out of turn. The reasoning behind this is that if you speak out of turn, that may promote bad behavior of talking in class more and more, which not only shows that you do not consider the effort the teacher has put into the lesson, it also can show a sense of entitlement and a lack of discipline.
  3. Come prepared to class. If you are not prepared for a class and you do not bring stationary, it can convey a disinterest or that you are taking a class for granted. It is not a hard task to bring a page to write notes on and a pencil. Failure to abide to this rule will not result in very strict punishment depending on a students reasoning for coming unprepared or how apologetic a student is.
  4. As a student, you should be able to handle criticism. No matter how harsh it is, learning to grow up is being able to take genuine advice from other people and always seeking to improve yourself.
  5. Do not fall asleep in class and also pay close attention. Notes are not mandatory, but are advised. Falling asleep in class shows a lack of care and interest, which is a very big insult to a teacher who has spent time preparing a lesson.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

As said previously, I played on a lot of creative building servers where there were certain trends and styles of roleplaying that were common and great fun. greehn used to go on the same server, but I don’t remember talking to him on that server during that time. Anyway, I went on that server mostly to participate in roleplays, and I did such things a lot. I made many as well, and built it with friends. Doing such things for so long, it feels only natural and ideas/inspiration comes to me without any problem. After being on that server so long and then coming onto SchoolRP, the change was not hard to get used to. SchoolRP had a simple system and was appealing to me as a high school roleplay that was somehow executed well. There were many things to do on SchoolRP, and if there wasn’t, the community made things to do. Things such a joke characters, shops, friend groups, families, ect. I had a joke character called Jeff, who I really enjoyed playing as. I grew a lot on SchoolRP, and again there was a new set of trends to follow and innovate. To summarize, I roleplayed on a creative server for 4 years which had a set of trends and styles that broadened my perspective, then I switched to SchoolRP.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: HD stands for Head of Department. The HD’s are the ones in charge of the things such as evaluations and are the higher ups who has the final say in things. They are also the ones who are responsible for the curriculum.

- QTLS: QTLS stands for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills. Being monitored by a HD is no longer necessary and they can start their own classes without permission from the HD necessary. The QTLS's are educated and knowledgeable.

- NQT: NQT stands for Newly Qualified Teacher. They are, as the name suggests Newly Qualified and are monitored by HD’s or QTLS’s as their skills are not fully developed yet. Permission from a HD is required for them to host their own lesson.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teaching is a profession that has been used since ancient times. It refers to the personnel who impart knowledge to students. There are many types of education (such as maths, language, physical activity, etc.). In-game, Teachers are the players who host classes for the students to attend. These lessons are to be on the subject they have applied for and their character is qualified to teach. In game, They are paid 250k for 15 classes for the minimum. Every 5 classes you manage to do extra in that one month is an additional 50k to that 250k. When they have spare time, they of course will plan lessons, or sometimes they will do after-school tutoring or private tutoring.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

While the server has activities and things to do outside of the school, the school is still the main point of the server. And for good reason, I think that the school has a lot of opportunities for enjoyable experiences, interactive lessons, and unique interactions. Teachers are what keeps the school alive and because they are all just players of the server, its wholesome and very organic. They keep the students in the school and give everyone with the student rank a purpose to fulfill.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MoSCoW. (Must have, Should have, Could have, Wont have.)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Shiro Honami Shinza is a 43 year old father of three children. Moderately tall and thickly set, his posture was controlled and straightened and his demeanor would constantly radiate a disciplined, strict attitude. His face was not that attractive, however his strong, round jawline and intense stare despite his glasses were so powerful and confident. His values dictate that discipline and self-control is the key to success and being able to articulate your thoughts is a must in all circumstances. He might seem too harsh and cold to other people, however its all out of pure care.

Shiro has quite a logical mind, but still gets his motivations from being confident in his own feelings. He believes that education is the most important thing one can have and that taking that for granted is a big mistake that will result in a bad future. He would always heavily encourage his students to not try and fake happiness to please people, that smiling and being friendly with random people too much makes displaying real happiness more watered down. He is just a bit entitled and will not hesitate to argue over anything, however this cut-throat attitude to his students is just because he wants each and every one of them to succeed.

His teaching style is different as he believes that teachers being too kind and forgiving to their students will result in being taken advantage of, as growing up is learning to be appreciative of what you have and as a child, because things are handed to you, you should learn to be grateful always which is what he is trying to teach. These are the values Shiro was taught growing up. While his education was almost systematically imperial and old-fashioned, He believes that there were negatives to these times and positives and that we can learn from the past, instead of ignoring it and just moving on to an uncertain future based on a generalized view of what is seen as bad.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

In such a situation, Shiro would determine the character of such delinquents, like if they are too closed-minded to listen to a teaching on why what they are doing is disrespectful. If they appear to have their own mind and are willing to listen, Shiro would simply gently scold them on why their values are against what the school stands for. If they just endlessly disrespect Shiro and will not listen, he will not hesitate to give a detention in an attempt to remind them that they are students, and are here to learn, not to be disrespectful and problematic.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Shiro would see this as extremely rude and disrespectful to do, as he would see it as these students are not appreciating the lesson that he is giving and that they see the topic as boring. He would attempt to simply scold them on their behavior and try to find out the reasoning as to why they are not listening, however if that does not work, he will not hesitate to confront students individually as to why they are doing this. In a very extreme measure, detention will be given. Some teachers may try to guilt trip students by saying things like “I’ll wait...” or something along those lines, however Shiro believes honesty is a sign of true authenticity, which is what we all learn from.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Shiro, while not having a problem with teachers socializing unnecessarily as they have earned the right to do so, he would not do such things. He believes those who are already educated should are not as easily influenced, so he does not want to seem as if he knows everything even to capable adults. If there is an important discussion going on, however, he would try his absolute best to appear present and give thoughtful, detailed answers/suggestions.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Shiro approaches the student from behind, leaning down a bit to read what they’ve written on their page.

/me He folds his arms and nods nonchalantly, listening thoughtfully to the student’s answer.

/me A stern facial expression comes across Shiro’s face in reaction to the remark made.

/me Shiro shoots the misbehaving student a piercing glance.

/me He listens to the students response enthusiastically, only keeping a subtle smile to encourage them to keep going.

Backstory

Shiro was raised in a creative household of artists and musicians. His first instrument was classical guitar, and he eventually branched out to playing violin. His musical influences were purely classical. (Vivaldi, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, etc.) As he grew older, his influences diverged. He started listening to 1950s western blues in his early teenage years. (Chuck Berry, Leadbelly, Jimi Hendrix, etc.).

In order to try and afford an electric guitar, he would tutor classical guitar and violin informally. After trying as hard as he could with giving lessons, he received enough money to buy his first electric guitar, a yellow telecaster. After spending the rest of his teenage years trying to start bands, he found that he missed teaching. Shiro felt as if teaching was not only a challenge that fulfilled him, He also felt teaching was a great way to truly test your knowledge on something.

After Shiro finished high school, he had decided he wanted to teach music. What was once just a way to get money while not working at a restaurant or walking dogs became a comforting thing to do. After taking a rigorous college entrance exam, he had been accepted into Kyushu University in Fukuoka. He was overjoyed, but this was a big awakening to him, as he now had to stop dreaming of impossible things and figure out what genuine opportunities there were to take and which ones where simply impossible and caused by a delusion. It was quite soul-crushing, but it was absolutely necessary.

After receiving his masters degree in music and his associates degree in pedagogy, he got a job as a teacher in various public high schools across the country, He taught in three high schools in Japan and one in South Korea. Each of these experiences bettered his knowledge and helped reinforce the values he has today.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:

Shiro Honami Shinza

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr

Given Name(s):

Shiro

Preferred Name:

Mr. Shinza

Male

Religious Denomination:

Zen Buddhism

Marital Status:

Married

Nationality:

Japanese

Current Location:

Karakura Town, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

13 years

Working Experience (# of years):

15 years

Academic Degree:

Masters Degree for Music & Associates Degree for Pedagogy (All in Kyushu University, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan)

Year of Graduation:

1993 for Music and 1996 for Pedagogy

Major(s):

Music, Pedagogy

Minors:

Conducting, Musical Theory, Ethnomusicology,

Native Languages:

Japanese

Other Languages:

Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

No

Preferred Teaching Subject:

Music

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

I said this in the top, but again, this is for my alt account username SexPistols, not my main account, Populi. Thank you!

Do you have any questions?:

I have no questions.

D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- Very in-depth application, wonderful job.

Please DM me on discord - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread