paracetomal
paracetomal
Rich+
IGN:

sexsi

What is your discord name and tag ?:

karen#6882

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:

I’m from the United States, and my timezone is EST. The only time’s I’m not active are 3am-9am, and that's including weekdays. Online school does not take me that long, and with summer coming up I will have a lot more freetime and my playtime will increase even more.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:

Yes, I have a microphone and I can speak on discord, that’ll be no issue. I love speaking in community calls, and I think talking to the team will help me improve my writing and also make bonds with people I otherwise wouldn’t usually talk to.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you can be removed from the team at any given time?:I do acknowledge this and I promise it will not be an issue with me. As I stated in a previous part of this application, I don’t have many hours where I’m not active, and even if I am offline, it doesn’t take me that long to respond. I would value the team enough to understand that I need to be active in order for the team to be complete and the writings they provide are top quality.

What makes you different from other applicants?:

I am very active, and I take part in many things that happen on the server, including events that the team's planned. I believe that the events are one of the top things that truly make the server worthwhile, and I would love to put reasoning behind these events. Figuring out how they came to happen, why they happened, and what's going to happen afterwards. Personally, I think that this is one of the most important parts of the event. If it does not have reasoning to go with the server, the event will not be true to the server and people will think that it was a pointless event. With Lore however, those who read it will be able to realize the reasoning, and have a further understanding of the processes of the event.

I work well with a team, and considering I’ve been on the Volleyball Team since September of 2019, I’d say that I have a lot of experience with teams. Though it isn’t the same, understand that teams require a lot of collaboration and compromise.

Most of my writings will have a lot of dramatic writing, because I believe that including this adds to the development of a good story. Though, I do know that I can do other ways of writing because of past experience in creative writing classes. Because I took a college level class, I have a wide span of vocabulary I can use in writing, and adding details to writing is one of the things that I most enjoy. I write short stories that have meanings behind them, like my writings about historical topics. In my creative writing class a typical prompt we got was ‘What if this happened, not this?’ and ‘How would it change the reasoning of this?” This relates slightly to the ways of the Lore team, considering I know that they put reasoning behind all of the Events that happen on the server, I think that my experience with this would help me further collaborate with the team to create a good backstory for the event. Even though I put so much detail into everything and I put reasoning behind a lot of stuff, I’d be able to listen to the limits that we are given and tone it down until it makes sense to that.

Do you have any previous experience writing any lore?:

Yes, I do. When I was not really active on SchoolRP, I was active on a server called Elysium. It was a medieval-based fantasy server that allowed people on the server to choose their own races, even allowing them to donate to the server and make an entire new custom race. I made multiple custom races, and wrote the entire history of them and even wrote an entire document explaining their behaviors and reasons for their looks. Though I do not have these documents anymore, I remember that I put a lot of effort into making it reasonable and achievable.

I’ve also written many short stories and in my creative writing class, we were often giving prompts with very little explanation to what we were supposed to do with them. I took advantage of this, and made the story my own. Though I understand I would not be able to do this if I was a part of the Lore Team, I believe I would be able to give good ideas and put information out along with these ideas that could help the further development of the Lore-Team and possibly put ideas out that others wouldn’t have thought of. My dedication to making sure things are never repetitive in writing would help me point things out like that. Though I’m putting in a lot of detail right now, it’d be easy for me to sum things down and help write the explanations for the event’s, all in all making sure that the reasoning's fit in with the Lore of SchoolRP.

WRITING PROMPTS

Writing prompt #1

Lorelei typically wakes up around 6:30, and will do her daily routine, consisting of brushing her teeth, doing her skin-care then putting on a sports bra and a pair of spandex shorts she wears for volleyball practice as well. She will exit her room, going upstairs to the kitchen, where she usually will make herself a fruit smoothie, consisting of strawberries, g****s, kiwis and mango. She will then grab her earpods, putting them in playing her playlist that is made centered around her favorite songs. Lorelei would leave the house, going for a daily run that usually takes around 30 minutes. After her run, Lorelei would get a small snack, such as an apple or a protein bar. Soon after she gets back she will go into the bathroom that is attached to her room, taking a shower that consists of only non-toxic, vegan products. After this she will get dressed in either her school uniform or a casual, yet fashionable outfit. Once in school she makes sure she attends all of her classes, often hanging out in between periods with her friends. She takes the time during lunch to eat a quick snack, then uses the rest of her free period to play volleyball or continue socializing with her friends, possibly playing other sports as well. After-school, once settled at home, she will often change into a more comfy outfit and go play volleyball with her captain, volleyball practice being a common occurrence in her weekly life. Once done with volleyball, she’ll often have dinner with her friend group, either eating food made by someone at home or gathering at a restaurant with them. Finally, she will go home, making sure all of her homework was finished and to her standards, then going back downstairs to her room and socializing with her roommates for a bit before going to sleep, making sure all is ready to repeat the same routine tomorrow.

Writing prompt #2

Henry Amsel was born and raised in Colmar, France to a father named William Amsel. The whereabouts and given name of Henry’s mother is unknown, still to the days of modern technology. It is highly suspected that Henry was an accidental lovechild, and he was dumped on William’s doorstep, with nothing but a note that read ‘Take care of him’. No name was signed on the note, nor was a name left for the child. This caused William much distress, he did not know what to do with the unnamed newborn child. It took him almost 3 months to get the child, now known as Henry Amsel, a birth certificate. One was not left with him, and the location of the hospital he was born in was unknown. William got the help of his father, Philippe, to raise his child. Philippe was a very conservative, self-centered man who wanted to take control of the raising of Henry. William was not a bad man, he was influenced by one. Philippe caused much havoc in the early years of Henry’s life. He was beaten if he did not listen, beaten, if he did not agree by the ways of his grandfather's teachings. Once he reached the age 13, he was put into a military school to further strengthen his obedience and dedication to continuing on his grandfather’s legacy. When he graduated military school, he had basically been brainwashed into believing that beatings were a justified way of discipline, that if you do not raise your child in a way that makes them believe that you are in charge, they will not turn out like a normal, obedient human being. Henry continued his normal life in Colmar until he met a woman, and from there on his life was changed almost completely, but not necessarily for the better.

The newly met woman’s name was Amelia Basset, a recently graduated entrepreneur. Amelia’s backstory is almost opposite to Henry’s. She was raised in a healthy, accepting family environment that let her grow into a successful, bright young woman. Her mother was a house-wife named Louise, who put in all of her effort to raise a nurturing family. On the contrary, her father was a doctor who was not often around, but still did his best to provide for his family, out of love and genuine care for their well-being. Amelia was raised on an orchard that their family started generations before. This led her to be very passionate about becoming a florist, her mother teaching her the ways of the art, while her father taught her the ways of business. This balance between the two led her to become very self-sufficient, allowing her to graduate with just the help of herself, breaking the gender-norm of a female doing nothing with her life besides taking care of her children and husband. One of her classmates, Basille Bellerose also taught her ways of business. The two became very close, which led to the future partnerships between the families.

Amelia and Henry met after Basille introduced the two. Soon after they met they realized that they had a lot in common. Henry also had a passion for starting a business like Amelia, most likely fueled by the fact that he was power hungry. Amelia saw past the red flags, and agreed with him to begin the process of starting their business. Basille helped them with the initial development and planning of their business, now known as ‘Amsel Arrangements.’ The company was a business based around Floristry, which was a compromise between the two participants in the business. Henry made it very clear that he was to manage the dirty work of the business, often leaving Amelia out of executive decisions regarding the profit and budget of the business. Henry used Amelia as the ‘face’ of the business, her being the one who greeted most at the doors and hand made each and every one of the bouquets that were sold at this establishment. Amelia wasn’t exactly happy about the fact that her husband took over most of the official business work, but she did not voice this until a while into their relationship and collaboration for their business. After Bastille had helped them set up the ground works for their business, he proposed an idea for a partnership between Amsel Arrangements and Bellerose Delights, businesses that were very similar but also very different. The partnership is what caused their business to boom and spread into something that was widely remembered by most, and had an impact on a lot of people's lives.

Because of the business, they were constantly in contact and with each other. Amelia was slowly starting to realize that she wanted this exchange to be more of a long term thing, and voiced this to Henry. Henry was not exactly thrilled about this, but saw this as a way to get more control, and the two started their long- yet short lived, relationship. Amelia was thrilled, on the other hand. Though she didn’t want to be a servant to her husband, it was always her dream to have one, as well as start a successful business. With these two things combined, it was safe to say that she was ecstatic. The first two years of their relationship were wonderful- Things were running smoothly, it seemed that the business was only going to keep growing, and all was well. They decided to have a small, incognito wedding that was done at a courthouse in their small hometown. Soon after their marriage, Amelia was deemed pregnant. It was not until the birth that she knew she was having twins.

Lorelei Amsel and Leon Amsel were born on April 30th, 2001. Leon was a surprise baby, for the parents only thought they were having a little girl. This did not impact Amelia greatly because she was just excited to have another child to care for, yet this set Henry off. Henry began to go slightly crazy after the birth of his son, unable to get the thoughts of his father's treatment out of his mind. Leon was always treated worse by his father, for his complex of discipline had still been burrowed and kept deep in his mind. Lorelei, however, was his pride and joy. Amelia and Henry often had arguments about his treatment of their children, and Henry began to be physical with Amelia. He never let the children see, but he would beat her until she was black and blue, making her swear to never tell anyone, and that she did.

When the children were around the age of 14, Leon was already mentally distraught. The treatment from his father caused him to become a shy, stand-offish young boy. Leon was smart, however, and naturally passed all of his classes. This pleased Henry, but not enough for him to treat him the way he deserved to be treated. Amelia did her best to make life for Leon enjoyable, however, there was not much she could do to fix the damage that had already been done. Lorelei noticed the difference between the treatment they received, and would constantly express her confusion to her mother. Amelia would send her off with a smile, encouraging her to not worry about it. This transferred into Lorelei’s now secretiveness about anything that goes on behind the scenes of her everyday life, now knowing how her father would treat her brother.

When they were 16, her mother went against the vows of most marriages and filed for a divorce. This enraged Henry, and he beat her to a pulp. Her body was basically completely black and blue, and her children were the only reason she lived. Leon called the police on him, and got him arrested. He is still in jail to this day, and does not have a confirmed date for parole. Amelia, however, survived this ordeal and led a happy life until her downfall caused by an unknown disease, her autopsy claiming the reason for her death as caused by natural causes. Leon and Lorelei moved in with their business partners, the Bellerose's after their parent’s both were unable to care for them. After living with them for a while, the Bellerose’s, including Lorelei’s now best friend, moved to Kyushu, Japan with their mother. When they were 18, they moved to Karakura with the family to attend college. Lorelei was not bothered by this, because she just saw it as a way to get better education. Leon, however, did not like this and he wanted to move back, trauma caused by his father influenced his future decisions of suicide, which caused Lorelei to be put in the same position as him, depressed, and feeling alone. If it were not for the Bellerose’s, Lorelei would have possibly gone down in the same way as Leon. Lorelei still battles depression caused by her brother's death and the loss of her mother, but she has ways to cope with it now and lives life to the best of her abilities. Not many people besides the Bellerose descendants are aware of her entire backstory, her hesitance to tell anybody branching from her past childhood trauma. Despite all this though, she has grown into a smart, athletic young woman and now spends her days playing volleyball, vowing to never go down in the same way her family did.​

NukaRndz

Level 53
Pending

- We'll be making our decision at the end of the week, however we would like to still give other people a chance to apply if they wish to.​

Users who are viewing this thread