Shiawasena Konyu Application

Ne0nRider

Level 10

IGN:
Ne0nRider

Discord:
Ne0n#9304

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say I am fairly active across all accounts. I have joined in the mid-winter of 2019, I cannot remember the exact month. After checking the server out for a bit and making a few friends I’ve decided to stay on SRP having already had previous RP experience. SRP was the 1st server that I’ve seen with such complex structure and rules so it was very appealing to me. Months on end I’ve discovered new and fun activities or interactions you could have on SRP so I fell in love with the server and now it is part of my daily routine, even if I’m not online on a certain day because of real-life matters. For example, going on holiday with my family I am still active on the forums or on the various discords that are related to SRP. On the server when I am active I am on usually for a minimum of 3~ hours and a maximum of 8~ hours, doing all sorts of engaging activities. I’ve come to spend such a huge amount of time daily on the server because I simply love it and find the community astonishingly interactive. Most of the people on SRP are very dedicated and do a lot of things to entertain themselves or others around them, which I like to take part in. I dearly remember various events I’ve taken part in on the server in 2021 such as the spring ball back in March, the Easter egg hunt in April, careers day, waterpark trip, club rush, pep rally back in June, and finally in July the summer disco. I have also taken part in other events before 2021 such as the four-leaf clover hunt and others I cannot remember the name of. I’ve also talked with players who have attended more events than I have such as the haunted forest event or the sewer dweller event trying to take an interest in the server’s history. While I’m still on the event subject, I’d like to mention that I’ve met countless people through them. For example one of my very first best friends on the server that I enjoyed roleplaying with a lot was met through such means. I remember fondly the both of us hanging out and being part of various voice chats laughing and joking all day long while playing. Since I have joined the server, I have joined a few groups that are looked up to by some people such as the college baseball team, the law faction, the school faculty faction as a professor. So far it seems that the school faculty faction is the most enjoyable one. I've dedicated lots of time and effort into planning classes and field trips or trying to think of ways my character can make the class more enjoyable. For such activity and dedication, I was awarded the title of “Professor of the month” my very 2nd month as a professor and was nominated for “Model Professor” coming in 2nd on the voting poll. I manage all of my roles very well, not neglecting any of them and loving roleplaying on each one since I do so every day, even if it’s taking care of my pet rabbit as my lawyer character or hosting a college class from my professor character.

Previous applications:

Previous warns/kicks/bans:
I have some that happened quite a bit ago but since then I have changed and I believe I can prove so in DMs if deemed necessary. All of them are expired.

Shop wanted:

After long consideration and research in the field, I have decided that I would like to apply for the Family Store (Ex: Suu~Itobea) shop. This means I would be able to sell anything ranging from basic school equipment to toys and hats therefore my abilities to help the community would be broader. From the research that I’ve done, I’ve found out that after my application has been processed and accepted I may change the name of the shop, so if I would be able to I’d like the name of the shop to be “Shiawasena Konyu” meaning happy purchase in Japanese. The name is supposed to induce a sense of confidence whenever a customer enters the shop, the name trying to assure them that whatever they are purchasing from inside the store is going to be indeed a “happy purchase”. The motto of the shop would be “Buy more, smile more”. Preferably Shiawasena Konyu would be situated in the spot where the Family Store is as of now but if that may not be possible due to an unforeseen reason I can adapt to another spot within the shopping district. Finally, if I can change the name of the shop I will change the view and layout of the shop as well to fit a broader arrangement of items inside its confines.

1632264383152.png

The view from the outside in my opinion is very important. Therefore, after searching for countless hours, I think I've found the perfect look for my shop. It's attractive, professional, and cozy at the same time. The color scheme is really pleasing and I believe it can blend into the scenery very well even more so if I went for a more grayish look for the shop it would blend in perfectly.

Secondly, I think once a customer has entered the shop and they're looking around it's very important for them to like their surroundings as this can increase the chance of them feeling happy or excited to be there, therefore it would increase the chances of them spending more in the shop. Everything needs to be organized and neatly placed, from the lighting being just right when shining onto the shelves to the small bushes around the shop being placed in just the right spots.

While the interior will attract and help the customer choose an item more hastily trying to reduce the time wasted browsing pointlessly the cashier area will bring confidence to them and the choice made by purchasing an item. If let's say there were pictures behind the cashier of people they think were attractive or famous people advertising the same item they chose to purchase it would greatly boost their confidence by making that choice.

Moving on from pleasing the customers it's important to also try to help the employees, this can be done in many ways from incentives to designated areas for them in the workplace but I believe above all I should try to make their work as easy as possible. So this neat little schematic for the storage area I think is perfect. I work at some shops already having experience in being a cashier and some of the shops just have confusing storage areas so I searched for a storage area reference that not only looked organized and neat but was also very effective and efficient in helping the employees.

1632264601311.png

Every shop needs an office in my opinion. It's very beneficial since it gives the employees a location of where a manager or shop owner is at all times instead of them just standing behind the cash register. This can also be used for business meetings such as purchasing necessities for the shop or discussing with employees.

1632264652828.png

This will be an area located somewhere that will stand out from the rest of the shop. It will be very useful for customers who like to stand out by getting their hands on something no one else has at the beginning of a new month. More details on this feature for the shop are down below under the unique question.

As I stated above, making the environment employee-friendly is important for a synergy between the shop owner and employee. This recreational area is essential in my opinion because of its usefulness. It will be equipped with mini-fridges, coffeemakers, storage compartments, and much more at the discretion of every employee.

Before building anything it's important to have a plan for where things will be instead of winging it. I believe it's much more professional but this can be redone in the event that the shop I requested is not available but as you can observe from the layout it would be easily adjustable.

The logo is professional, simplistic, and attractive. The dove is usually a symbol of peace and love hence why I chose it as my logo. At first glance, it might be a questionable choice for a logo but I beg to differ. I'm trying to emphasize the love part, hence my shop name means "Happy Purchase". Suggesting that the customer is always gonna love their purchase, by making use of these small hints I would be able to send a message to the customer. The font and colors of it are also chosen specifically for the appeal of the shop.

I can also take more inspiration from somewhere else/keep looking for a more pleasing-looking shop if this one doesn’t seem like it would fit the theme of the shopping district.

Why do you want to own a shop?:

The roleplaying experience
I have been looking to expand my roleplaying knowledge for quite a bit and I believe and trust that this could be a big step in the right direction. I have dreamt of becoming a shop owner ever since I joined SRP and now that I am applying for it I am thrilled to state with confidence that I am more than capable to be one. I would love to roleplay as a shop owner and manage everything related to my very own shop, ranging from the decor in the shop to prices, to how many customs I can bring to the community. On top of that, I already have experience with shops being a cashier at Koribureku, Joyoung, and have been at the old Sayonara, unlike others who are trying to get this position so therefore I am more capable than them. Most of my roleplaying experience with shops comes from the old Sayonara since I was a cashier there for quite a long time, around 3 or 4 months. I have helped restock items in the shop, plan out some parts of the shop, and even helped decide the price of some items there.

The vast income
I believe I speak for everybody when I say that becoming a shop owner would probably be extremely beneficial to one’s balance. After paying the restocking fees, paying the cashiers, taxes, and extra costs if there are any you, you are left with quite a hefty amount which you can invest back into the shop. I think others would be more focused on spending the money they earn on themselves, for example renting out expensive penthouses rather than spending it in their shop.

The reputation
The shop owner is one of the most known and most highly viewed ranks someone can have on SRP ranking high next to KPD or EMS ranks. I would love to have such prestige and honor by earning this rank and working for it. I believe I would do a lot more to earn it than others and I will prove so in the case that I am accepted. The reputation would also help me help the community since deals for the shop would occur much more often hence people would offer me all sorts of things such as items they own in exchange for money.

Having the necessary funds
I believe this is an important point in which I have an upper hand in comparison to the others. My balance on the account I am applying with at the moment is more than I would need to start out, although lately, it has slightly decreased since I decided that I should prepare if I am given the position so I have invested in some things that will help me flourish and popularize the shop. Every shop has it rough when starting but I believe this one will have it a little easier because of my balance. Shops generate a lot of money but you must invest in them first so they can generate the huge amounts everyone is looking up to and others cannot offer as much as I can. On top of all that I also have the necessary funds in real life, I have ordered quite a bit of customs and I plan on buying more. If I am given the position I have saved up money for this occasion especially that I will invest in SRP. As of posting this application, I have bought 5 pack of customs that I will implement into the shop if I am given the role and I will buy a 10 custom item pack and implement all of them into the shop as well equaling up to 15 promised customs. While I am still on the custom subject I already own 8 customs which are all modeled and exist on SRP. I will try to get the 5 pack of customs modeled within 6 months so none of them go public and give one per month to the community so they aren’t bombarded with a bunch of customs at once but rather be given an incentive to play SRP more and look out for when I would add a new custom item to the shop. I believe that way I will keep some of the players that enjoy business roleplaying engaged as well as normal players who are just looking for a “new look” or just a new toy.

Contributing to the community
I own a lot of customs that a lot of people know of and most of them love. If I am given the position I will implement the customs I already own into my shop, giving them to the community and offering others the opportunity to enjoy the items I have as well. Also, I will try to hire people that will engage with the community by roleplaying or other means to further try and increase SRP activity overall such as people who would advertise for my shop, people who would come up with fun activities for the community that the community could take part in using my items and much more.

The timing
I believe after such a long time without anything big and significant added to the shopping district since the replantation of the Eden Tree a few shops added will be great and as of writing this application more than just a couple spots are open therefore additions to the shopping district would be a great addition to the server overall. New and exciting shops can often increase player activity in a server and SRP is no exception. I believe my strategy with the shop is one for the long term and one that will keep the player base guessing what’s gonna come next, keeping them engaged and happy.

Being part of something bigger
The shop isn’t necessarily limited to exist as a standalone thing, for example, it could be part of a corporation that focuses on other things as well which would bring more popularity to the shop. Examples of this idea could be partnerships with Herrington Holdings or Roniry Incorporated or other companies that could offer popularity to the shop. The shop can also participate in events providing customs or having events centered around the shop itself.

Setting targets
In my opinion, I am more organized and spend more time than most of the players when I dedicate my time and effort to it. In real life usually when I set my mind to something I achieve that goal, no matter what and this shop will be no exception. I already have a lot of plans set for this if I am accepted. I would start putting them into action right away once the application is reviewed in order to make the shop extraordinarily appealing if my application is deemed good enough to be accepted as a shop.

Developing and finding out new market strategies
I love trying out new things and strategizing is very entertaining. I believe putting effort into trying out new marketing schemes will benefit both the shop, myself, and the community. I can find engaging ways to lure customers into buying something from my shop such as mascots or publicity stunts and so on. Researching them also can be quite fun, finding out new things that are interesting and beneficial to you is always a treat.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:

Gather a team of people to help with it
I firmly believe that something can become a lot better if more than one person is contributing to it, as of now I have a few persons who will help me manage the shop but I plan on gathering a lot more who will help achieve this dream. Each individual is good at something and each individual is unique therefore by gathering a group of people, amazing ideas can occur and could be easily executable.

Consult builders about the appeal of the shop
While my team that I will gather will be able to help me with building ideas and advice on how to build it, I believe that talking to a more experienced person such as a builder about the look of the shop is very important. The better it looks the more people will feel invited to come in and purchase something, this is a marketing strategy used among most stores throughout the US along with others that I plan on implementing into my shop such as ambient music.

Hire employees
Obviously, a shop needs its employees so I think this phase will come quite early in the process of putting the shop on its feet. While this seems like an easy and fast task to complete I beg to differ. Hiring the correct staff may be challenging. Not everyone is used to being under pressure, for example, when serving a customer as a cashier you need to be fast and efficient while getting the item they would like to purchase but at the same time calculate the amount the customer needs to pay for their order. Some will crumble under the stress and will fail to serve the customers within an acceptable time or mess up the order. I will give them a quick interview icly and then if they passed they will go on to complete a broader one which can be completed alone.

Look for business opportunities
Expanding the shop if I am given the position is very important, investing some time into trying to make the shop bigger and better is, in my opinion, logical and essential. I will try to find people who can contribute to the shop with advertising or items I can put up for sale in the shop. Business opportunities occur every day on SRP but they aren’t gonna show up themselves so you have to look for them, doing that on such a large scale, for example, looking for business opportunities for a shop is harder but I think with my experience I will manage.

Plan a grand opening
After everything would be set, employees hired, prices set up, and every item in stock, I would start planning something grandiose for the first-ever opening of the shop. I and my team will decide on what we can do after we consult staff members and the event team, possibly a publicity stunt would fit the grandiose opening if this isn’t allowed. We will still find a way to stand out from the rest of the people.

Help the player base
I think by becoming a shop owner I will be able to offer a lot to the community. I’ve always wanted to give back to the people that helped me when I first joined and I think for the few that are still around this will be a great way to give back not only to them but to everyone else. I like helping people that have less than I do so I believe this is a good way to do so.

Partnerships
I don’t think a shop should be limited to being a standalone thing, partnerships could be very beneficial in this case. Other establishments could come up with an offer or I could for other establishments to either help each other out with advertisements or perhaps even items. But then again partnerships shouldn’t be limited to other establishments, the shop could perhaps become part of a bigger corporation. This way interesting RP could spark out of it and maybe even contests for the community could occur since the budget would be larger the shop could afford to do more.

Grow over time
I believe that after countless hours of work put into the shop it can grow into something more. This goal I believe is achieved with every popular shop or every good shop that exists and mine would be no exception, I plan on putting a lot of effort into it and little can stray me from doing so.

How will your shop be unique?:

Calculator
Since I have previous experience working as a cashier I can say with confidence that when a cashier processes an order most of their time is spent focused on calculating how much the customer should pay for the items ordered. So to solve that problem I will implement a calculator they can use, this can be done with google sheets or I can program one myself. If those options don't appeal to the employees they can always use the calculator that came with their OS.

Items
Until I implement new items I believe 3 new items as soon as the shop opens should be more than enough, though I can add up to 5. Although I believe adding 1 new custom each month would be more interactive with the player base. For the first month, I plan on opening with just the 3 new items since opening with more than 3 in my opinion would be bombarding the community with choices that can be confusing. The second month I plan on doing a little like I did the first month, adding 1 new custom in order to diversify the choices people have. Having a business model set in mind such as this one, I strongly believe that it would help the shop grow.

"Keosu" Mask
The Keosu Mask is a plastic mask that covers the entirety of the face. This item will be introduced in the shop as one of the first new items.
1632265070635.png

Toy Sword "Elucidator"
The Toy Sword Elucidator is a plastic sword being 31 inches long, being quite light, and able to be carried on the hip. This item will be introduced in the shop as one of the first new items.

Toy Sword "Royal Sword"
The Toy Sword Elucidator is a plastic sword being 39 inches long, although made of plastic due to the length of it and accessories on it, it is quite heavy. This item will be introduced in the shop as one of the first new items.

Toy Katana "Shi Ryuu"
The Toy Katana Shi Ryuu is an all-black plastic sword being 37 inches long. This item will be introduced in the shop in the second month after the shop opens.

Nerf AK-47 Asiimov
The Nerf AK-47 Asiimov is a toy nerf gun being 32 inches in length made out of plastic. The pattern on the gun is inspired by a popular game. This item will be introduced in the third month after the shop opens.
1632265034686.png

Display area
The display area won’t be just a showcase with the new monthly item displaying. This conjoined with the voting system are features I impatiently look forward to implementing. The display area will be a mini-stage fitting the theme of the new item trying to exemplify how you could use the item or how you could have fun with it. For example, for the 2nd month when we’d introduce the Shi Ryuu Katana we could have employees dress up as ninjas and have a playful battle using the new item. Or for the Nerf weapon on the third month since opening, we could make a small scene portraying a war scene trying to make it hilarious using the Nerf gun.

Voting system
This particular feature I'm really excited about, I always thought that there could be a better way for shop owners to help the community besides adding fun new items to SRP. So after long sessions of brainstorming, I've come up with one. Introducing the voting system, next to the display in my shop I will have a sign with a link to a poll containing 4 choices, 3 choices will be chosen by me and my team but will be open to suggestions from the community via Discord DMs, the fourth choice will be chosen exclusively by me and my team. The voting system will go hand in hand with the display area, next to or under the display area there will be a sign linking to the shop's discord where the community of SRP will be able to vote on a new custom that can be added to the shop. The poll winning custom will be added and put onto the display in the shop.

Events
The shop could help with events by offering items. For example, there could be a cosplay event at school so with the Keosu Mask the students could cosplay as a masked organization with superpowers from an anime, or perhaps the Royal Sword they could cosplay as royal knights. A second event idea my shop could help with is a nerf battle, a designated area could be built and the community could try and roleplay out a nerf battle using the roll system playing game modes such as capture the flag.

Music
I'm really surprised that shops don't play ambient background music for their customers. Not only shops but also restaurants should as well. I think music is a key feature in many successful businesses, for example, the customer feels safer and more relaxed when exposed to music in an establishment giving them more confidence when purchasing an item. The music will range from slow jazz songs to cafe music to even lo-fi and much more.

How many employees are you planning to have?:

I’m planning on having 15 persons working in total (including the shopkeeper). From what I’ve seen at other shops, that number of employees should be plenty. Every single one of them will have their purpose and fulfill it every time we are gonna open.

Shopkeeper [1/1]

A shopkeeper is a person who oversees every aspect of the shop and makes sure to keep everyone in check. The role of the shopkeeper isn’t something that can be replaced like if a manager is busy, it is essential and of utmost importance. They can fulfill every job available within the shop from entertainment to manager. They should be invested in every aspect and action that is going on within their shop and notice every noteworthy thing. They are in charge of restocking, organizing the shop, hiring people, sometimes even building the shop from the ground up if no builders would help. They should know everything about their shop from how much money they got in revenue last month to who was on shift last time they opened.

A shopkeeper should act in a professional way inside the shop at all times, and even outside of the shop. They are known, respected, and idolized by some, therefore, they have to set an example and a standard for how they would like their shop to be viewed. They need to be confident when answering any question regarding their shop, they need to be intelligent about every aspect that implies or involves their shop, and most importantly, they should treat everyone with the same respect.

The importance of a shopkeeper in a shop is the highest one there can be. They are the soul and heart of the whole establishment and should be alert, vigilant, and ready for any challenge thrown at them at any given time while the shop is open. Nothing should run any smoother than when a shopkeeper is handling a situation since they should know better than anyone who is working for them, if they aren’t educated on a certain scenario they should work on themselves and better themselves so they would be better than their employees.

The uniform that I have set for myself as a shopkeeper looks like this. I believe that you can tell a little about a person from the way they dress therefore a shopkeeper should dress according to his position. This might fluctuate between other kinds of suits but it will always be a suit unless an event or something of the sort is happening.

Manager [1/2]

The managers are supposed to oversee the employees while the shopkeeper is unavailable whether this is caused by the shopkeeper dealing with priorities like checking stock or purchasing new items for the shop or things of such degree. Managers are in charge of dealing with unsatisfied customers, this can be caused due to a mistake made by the cashiers or them complaining about something related to the shop. Managers should inform the shopkeeper of anything that can be beneficial to the shop whether this is a new feature they thought of or a deal that the shop could be interested in taking. Managers should keep the order within the shop, for example, if a customer tries annoying a cashier by asking to see an item that the shop has, then when the cashier arrives they suddenly change their mind and wanna see another item. As someone who’s been a cashier before this can happen from time to time and in the end, it results in the customer messing with the cashier and not purchasing anything, well, this is where managers come in. They should tell customers who act so immaturely to either purchase something or leave the premises. A manager should try to solve any issue the cashiers encounter to the best of their abilities.

A manager should be professional from the way they walk to how they behave within the shop. Any issue that is met within the shop can be solved with a cool head and a polite explanation mostly and even in the case where it cannot be resolved through such means they should remain professional and respectful towards every customer. A manager should behave within the shop after the motto “Our customer, our boss.” treating everyone with well-deserved respect. A manager should always look the part, they’re someone whom people look to when they encounter any kind of issue. They represent the shop almost if not just as much as the shopkeeper does so their behavior should be immaculate.

A manager is of high importance within the shop. Nothing should even move an inch without them knowing so they are a vital part of every opening. Although if necessary the shopkeeper could replace them if they’re unable to be present at the time the shopkeeper decides to open.

Just as classy as a shopkeeper, the managers should always wear a suit. I think this one specifically would look the part but just as the shopkeeper’s this could also fluctuate between other kinds of suits or even business casual outfits.

Cashier [2/10]

The cashier serves one simple purpose, serve the customer. They are situated in a noticeable area from the first moment a customer enters the shop and they’re supposed to help the customer product-wise as much as they can. It is essential for a cashier to know the price of items in the shop, know what they look like and maybe even be able to give a little information on it. If a customer asks to see a random item that the store sells, the cashier is supposed to know where it is stored and should present it to the customer within seconds. Besides that, they should be able to change their schedule around the shopkeeper a little bit which will be tough but a necessary modification if they would want to work there.

A cashier should be polite to every customer even if some might not be polite to them they should always be elegant in their response and if things escalate they shouldn't take it into their own hands but rather call for a manager. They should respect basic etiquette when it comes to things such as the way they dress, talk, act, and speak. They might not be the most essential part of the shop since they’re easily replaceable but they are the ones the customers interact with most therefore they should be civilized.

The importance of a cashier on a daily basis is one not to be mocked or laughed at. While they are just mere employees the shop couldn’t run, they put in most of the labor and put up with most of the troubles that occur within the shop. While managers should be right there beside them to deal with bigger problems the beginning of the problem begins at the cash register so they have to be able to deal with any situation that’s thrown at them.

The cashier’s outfit will match the shopkeeper’s outfit. It’s a classy and exquisite one which I believe represents the shop perfectly.

Entertainment [0/2]

The entertainment crew helps with the display area, they will be showcasing the items and playing along with a scenario the shopkeeper or a manager decided for the specific monthly item. While the role is not essential to a shop opening, every time the shop opens someone will be in the display area showcasing the item.

The entertainment crew should be fun and cheery, their main purpose is to attract a wide variety of customers ranging from people who are in there for browsing to people who heard there is a new item coming in with the idea to purchase said item but didn’t know how it looked. They are supposed to make the most out of every opening being the main attraction in the shop, hopefully making the shop more popular than it would be without people in the display area presenting items.

The importance of the entertainment crew isn’t that high but it is an addition from which the shop would benefit every time it would open. The shop is less appealing without a fun designated area within its confines with people in the said area that would help customers find the newest item available the fastest which is usually what the player base is interested in.

The entertainment staff won’t have a uniform since it would vary from month to month based on the new item in the shop.

Does your character have any college degrees? If so, list it:

As of now the account I’m applying with has a master's degree but I think I would like to change the character into someone who would fit the role of shopkeeper better. My current character doesn’t show any sign of commitment to anything or is willing to act professionally on a day-to-day basis. So I thought changing the character into a new one would be a step in the right direction. (I love to act more maturely just the character I have at the moment doesn’t fit the position)

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
ACCEPTED
  • Very good and detailed application!
  • Send me a message on the forums or Discord to get things started - MikeShotZ#0960

Users who are viewing this thread